Needed! Patch material - aero nose by fyrebird68
Started on: 09-02-2009 04:48 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: Indiana_resto_guy on 09-22-2009 09:58 AM
fyrebird68

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2009 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrebird68Send a Private Message to fyrebird68Direct Link to This Post
Well, it's actually for my son's T/A. We are starting resto on the car and the ground effects have several large cracks in them. Replacements are impossible to find, so we have to repair them.

I want to use some flexible material to bolster the back side of the crack when I mend it - our aero noses are the same material as the T/A ground effects. Anybody got a throwaway aero nose that they could cut some material out of for us? I need three pieces. As big as practical, I'm guessing about 6x8" each.

Any help is appreciated. I can cover costs as needed.

[This message has been edited by fyrebird68 (edited 09-02-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2009 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
I believe I can fit the bill for your needs.
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2009 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Or just repairing it with the bumper fix can do wonders.
Here was the damage to my nose and what I repaired it with. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...090219-2-079365.html

Drove it just until this summer before painting. Held up very well using the screen reenforcement that came with the kit.

fyrebird68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2009 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrebird68Send a Private Message to fyrebird68Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the tip, Dodge. This thing is cracked all the way to the end, and has the tendency to flap around. Plus, its very close to the ground, so I'm hoping we can reinforce against another split when he bumps it again. Regardless, I think I'll use the 2-part stuff you recommend.

Resto-guy, I sent you a PM.
ckrummy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2009 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ckrummySend a Private Message to ckrummyDirect Link to This Post
I used 2 layers of fiberglass and some spot putty to fix my bumpers
fyrebird68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrebird68Send a Private Message to fyrebird68Direct Link to This Post
Indiana resto guy - thanks for the patch material. I will pay the favor forward.

'+' for you.
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
Your welcome! I hope that it is enough and it will fit the need!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock