Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  F/S - aftermarket gauge plate for aux. gauge pod (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
F/S - aftermarket gauge plate for aux. gauge pod by chrishahn87
Started on: 10-25-2008 09:34 PM
Replies: 52
Last post by: chrishahn87 on 05-02-2010 04:29 PM
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2008 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
I have a few of these plates to install (3) 2-1/16" aftermarket gauges into the stock aux. gauge pod.

These plates will bolt directly to the aux. gauge pod and require no special trimming, cutting, or adjustments. You only have to remove the stock gauges, and stock gauge face plate, then wire in your aftermarket gauges. I have a few pictures of these plates, out of car and some installed.

Primered:

Stainless Steel:

Primered installed:

Stainless Steel installed:

Finished product with gauges installed (in my own Fiero):

Galv. two hole plate (in an old aux. gauge pod):

Inventory: (updated 9/13/09)
(0) three hole stainless steel plates - $25.00 shipped (to US or Canada)
(0) three hole galvanized steel plates - $18.00 shipped (to US or Canada)
(2) two hole galvanized steel plates - $15.00 shipped (to US or Canada)

[This message has been edited by chrishahn87 (edited 12-02-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 05:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
Bump - for possible interest
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
Still have these if anyone is interested
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2008 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
bump
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
bump
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2008 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
TTT
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2008 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I'm suprised more people haven't jumped on this?

When I posted pictures of my set up a while back, it seemed like a lot of people wanted to do this....
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2008 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

I'm suprised more people haven't jumped on this?

When I posted pictures of my set up a while back, it seemed like a lot of people wanted to do this....

I seen you post. Looks good. Im glad you had alot of interest, werent you selling all the gauges too? I remember that you were pretty much just giving that stuff away! Those gauges get pretty expensive!!!

I dont know why there isnt much interest in my gauge plates. I dont know if the price is too expensive? It seems to be a fair price.

Maybe people are just waiting till spring when they are able to start new projects in the nice weather?
Chris
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2008 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Great looking plate. Trouble is that many Fieros (including mine) have wooden dash kits already installed . Unfortunately this plate would look out of place in my Fiero. If it wasn't for the wood dash kit I'd buy that gauge plate in an instant. .

------------------
87GT - 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2008 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Great looking plate. Trouble is that many Fieros (including mine) have wooden dash kits already installed . Unfortunately this plate would look out of place in my Fiero. If it wasn't for the wood dash kit I'd buy that gauge plate in an instant. .

Thanks for the comment!

I understand that I actually did consider that people probably wouldnt want something that looks different than what they have (or the original look), when I made these.

I dont know of any way to cover these with a wood grain that actually matches (everyone's woodgrain), the other thing was that most people still have the original "dot matrix" or the "brushed aluminum" look (stock '86-'87) or the "carbon fiber" or other year's stock peices, and they dont want to get rid of that look. I understand completely! These plates would work great on a car that has their trim re-covered with a spray paint of any color, or some kind of textured paint (what I did - in my car - in the pictures) in their custom interiors.

Thanks to all who look, or consider. Dont forget about these plates, I still have them!
Chris

[This message has been edited by chrishahn87 (edited 12-23-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2008 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
i dont wana seem rude or anything, but i think its possibly because of price, i had one of these made for myself a longtime ago at a local machine shop for $15 out of 3/16 aluminum plate...
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2008 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

i dont wana seem rude or anything, but i think its possibly because of price, i had one of these made for myself a longtime ago at a local machine shop for $15 out of 3/16 aluminum plate...

Hey, thats totally fair! Not rude at all!

I was pointed to a person who had something very similar on EBAY and they were charging the same price as I was.

I dont know if my price is fair or not. Does anyone want to make an offer? I would surely consider offers (reasonable).

[This message has been edited by chrishahn87 (edited 12-23-2008).]

JennsDream

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamDirect Link to This Post
^
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2009 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Just ordered this faceplate from Chris ..... he gave me an excellent price... pleasure dealing with him !! Cant wait to receive it !!!!!!!

------------------

chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2009 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
I still have a few of these left, if I see some interest, I will make more and have them done in a day or two.

I made a change to the first post and changed (lowered) the price with shipping included to US or Canada!

If anyone has any questions at all about any of these plates, please ask or send me a p/m!

Thank you for looking!
Chris
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2009 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

chrishahn87

1584 posts
Member since Dec 2004

Originally posted by Danyel:

Just ordered this faceplate from Chris ..... he gave me an excellent price... pleasure dealing with him !! Cant wait to receive it !!!!!!!

Danyel,
Thank you for the kind words! As I rec'd paypal payment today, your plate was shipped out today via US Postal Service and you should receive it in about 5-7 business days. Im not sure what the normal shipping time from Pennsylvania to Quebec, Canada would be. Please let me know what you think about it when you get it!
BTW, I left you a positive feedback on the thread, please return the favor after you receive the plate if you are happy with it!
Chris
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2009 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
TTT
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2009 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Hi Chris .... yep I'm looking forward to receiving it ... presently got a temporary setup but if I accelarate too fast the gauges fall out of the pod !!!! Man that keeps my quick launchs on a green light to a minimum.... As soon as I get it will post a pic and return the feedback ...
Take care
Dan

------------------

chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
TTT
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2009 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Well here are the before and after pics you wanted .... I did NOT paint the faceplate... they look sharp as is and also match the other faceplates... The Black Widow is getting a good make-over by the day....

Before !!!

After !!!

They are really really excellent the craftmanship is A1 Plus given to you chrishahn87... Price and product EXCELLENT... THANK YOU !!!!!!

your Canadian friend Dan

------------------

PFF
System Bot
fyrebird68

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2009 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrebird68Send a Private Message to fyrebird68Direct Link to This Post
I'd like a SS one.

Paypal?
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2009 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fyrebird68:

I'd like a SS one.

Paypal?

You can send paypal to:
chrishahn87@comcast.net

Put a note in the comments section about SS AUX gauge plate, please!
Thank you for the interest!
Chris
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2009 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

chrishahn87

1584 posts
Member since Dec 2004

Originally posted by Danyel:

Well here are the before and after pics you wanted .... I did NOT paint the faceplate... they look sharp as is and also match the other faceplates... The Black Widow is getting a good make-over by the day....

Before !!!

After !!!

They are really really excellent the craftmanship is A1 Plus given to you chrishahn87... Price and product EXCELLENT... THANK YOU !!!!!!

your Canadian friend Dan

Dan, thank you very much! And I am glad that you are happy with these gauge plates! Thats not too bad, I really thought that it would take longer to get to you than that! I mailed it out Friday morning and you got them already! Glad to hear that too!

The car looks awesome! Looks very similar to my first Fiero (only mine had 14" 5-spoke wheels). I bet you really like having gauges that actually work right and read correctly instead of the stock gauges!
Chris
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2009 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Yepp Chris... my gauges all work and are more acurate than the stock .... I am presently moding my Tach (you see it in the picture left side of the POD) and fitting it in the fiero stock tach gauge location ..... take care and thanks again !!!

------------------

vballman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2009 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vballmanClick Here to visit vballman's HomePageSend a Private Message to vballmanDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2009 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
replied
fyrebird68

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrebird68Send a Private Message to fyrebird68Direct Link to This Post
Got mine today - looks super!
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2009 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post
What do you have left?

I have an alluminum kit installed. I believe stainless steel will look alike.

Do you have a picture of the galvanized one with the 2 holes?

Please PM me.

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

4.9 ongoing project

[This message has been edited by falcon_ca (edited 09-12-2009).]

chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2009 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by falcon_ca:

What do you have left?

I have an alluminum kit installed. I believe stainless steel will look alike.

Do you have a picture of the galvanized one with the 2 holes?

Please PM me.

P/M sent!

Right now I have:
(4) of the galv. two hole plates
(12) of the galv. / primered three hole plates (same as above, but has a coat of primer on one side)
(0) of the stainless three hole plates. (I will be making more as soon as I get time at work - if there is interest, I will make them sooner).

Here is a picture of the galv. two hole mounted in an old aux. gauge pod:

Chris

chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2009 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

chrishahn87

1584 posts
Member since Dec 2004
***PRICES REDUCED & INVENTORY UPDATED***

[This message has been edited by chrishahn87 (edited 09-13-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2009 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Hey Chris here is a video with you faceplate installed in the black widow

Take care
Dan

------------------

reborngt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2009 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reborngtSend a Private Message to reborngtDirect Link to This Post
Chris, have you considered making the rest of the matching plates?(cluster plate, radio plate, shfit plate) I would purchase a set from you.
Max
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2009 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by reborngt:

Chris, have you considered making the rest of the matching plates?(cluster plate, radio plate, shfit plate) I would purchase a set from you.
Max

I thought about it. But im not sure how much interest there would be.

Are you just looking for overlays that could be glued (contact cement?) to the stock face plates?
reborngt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reborngtSend a Private Message to reborngtDirect Link to This Post
Either or. Preferably one that I can use the stock screwa . What do you have in mind?
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
How much for one made out of lexan? I want one of the 3 hole ones. Just out of laxan.
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by reborngt:

Either or. Preferably one that I can use the stock screwa . What do you have in mind?

Well, honestly, I am not permitted alot of time at the shop for my own stuff right now. Doing all of the pieces would take a little while to program, punch, and cut to size. So, truthfully, I dont see it happening in the very near future. I will start to get the ball rolling, and possibly make a few in the next couple months, especially if there is more interest!

What kind of price would you be willing to pay for aluminum or stainless overlays that you would glue on top of the stock face plates? I see that the Fiero store is selling "kits" similar with aluminum or carbon fiber or wood grain for anywhere from $250-$350.

If I made a kit that glues to the stock pieces, the holes where the screws go in will be large enough for the T-15 torx head screw to go through, and will still mount exactly as it does on the stock pieces.

FYI - my current aux. gauge pod plates still use the stock screws. I dont know if you can tell or not from the pictures, but they sit on top of the piece of metal, instead of sitting flush with the face like they do on the stock plastic pieces. Its not really that big of a deal, unless you let it bother you. The pictures are taken of the gauge panel that is currently in my Fiero. If you need a better picture, just let me know!

Chris
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

chrishahn87

1584 posts
Member since Dec 2004

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

How much for one made out of lexan? I want one of the 3 hole ones. Just out of laxan.

I dont think that I can make them out of lexan, and actually have them look good! Sorry!!!
reborngt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reborngtSend a Private Message to reborngtDirect Link to This Post
What price do you have in mind for the full kit? What would the stock gauges look like with a 2 hole panel? I guess the main one that I would really be interested in right away would be the sift console plate. And then if you were to continue making the panels one at a time i would purchase them separately.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock