ALDL cables by srat110
Started on: 02-08-2006 01:09 PM
Replies: 156
Last post by: Dodgerunner on 01-24-2009 03:00 PM
srat110

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2006 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post
2/07/08

Sorry guys. I have no cables at this time. Looks like Dodgerunner is making some so you might hit him up.

5/30/07

I have let this go for far too long without offering my services. My apologies to those requests for cables that I missed. PM's will follow shortly. I am offering these once again for anyone interested for the same price of $35 shipped anywhere in the US or Canada. I can also ship worldwide, but shipping price will be dependant on where you live. Thank you.

6/25/06

I am adding some info on the third page that 1MohrFiero shared with me about setting up a USB to serial convertor. This should be helpful to anyone that wants to use the USB port for winALDL.
EDITED ON 4/20/06 TO ADD:

I had to buy a few components to finish the last cable so I went ahead and bought enough to build a few more. I will keep offering these as long as there is interest and it's not a bad way to help fund a few of my Fiero projects. There are still 4 cable sets available for those who are interested. Paypal and Money Orders ok. $35 shipped in the US.

Original message:

It seems that our cable guy has disappeared on us, at least temporarily. I couldn't get any response to my pm or email about needing another cable and neither could my friend that needed one quickly so we could try to figure out whats going on with his car. I am not trying to dog Jefrysukko here or anything, he's a great guy and sells a fine product, but apparently something else has been taking up his time. That's life. We all have things come up that require our attention sometimes. So in light of the fact that we could not get him to respond in time, I built a cable and sent it to my Friend in New York. I have offered to build one more for a new member in Florida that is having some problems and wants a cable as soon as he can get one. If anyone else needs a cable, I will have enough parts left to build a few more. Just PM me your request as I will have a limited supply by the end of the week.

Cost will be $35 shipped in the lower US. That will be for the cable, jack, diagnostic plug, and for anyone that needs it I will burn you a free CD with the winADLD and aldlview software. Paypal or Money Orders will be fine.
------------------
1988 2.5 5 speed (4 sale)
1986 2.8 turbo 4speed
1963 Female that just doesn't understand

[This message has been edited by srat110 (edited 02-07-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2006 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post
I took a inventory of what I have on hand. Looks like I can build 5 cables. First come, first serve so let me know if anyone is interested.
greengoblin0129

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2006 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Direct Link to This Post
I would like get one! Will you take a money order?

------------------

87GT 5speed, 84SE Auto, 85GT(parts), 85SE 5speed,
86SE 2.8, 86GT 5speed, 87GT auto.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2215614/3

srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2006 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post
greenggoblin0129 - PM sent

First two cables are made and tested. I have enough parts left to do 4 more which I will finished tomorrow.

daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2006 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
Okay i want one. Send me a PM with your paypal address.
Oversteer

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2006 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OversteerSend a Private Message to OversteerDirect Link to This Post
I will take one. I live in Canada so the shipping will need to be different. Can you give me a price and your paypal and I will send payment. I would like the whole deal with WinADL burned to a cd as well.

My email is intothenothing@hotmail.com

Thanks

Neil

Shyster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2006 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShysterClick Here to visit Shyster's HomePageSend a Private Message to ShysterDirect Link to This Post
I would like one, too. PM me your paypal address, and you shall receive.

Thanks,
Perry

srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2006 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post
OK, I think I got everyone either the paypal info or the mailing address for a money order.

Shyster - You cable set went out today. I am hoping you get it Saturday since we are in the same state, but if not you should see it Monday.

Oversteer- pm sent

greengoblin0129 and daniel87fierogt - yours are boxed and ready to go as soon as your MO arrives.

Negaprion - Your set went out today. You should see it by Monday.

I have atleast one more cable setup if there is anyone else.

If I missed anyone, please let me know

[This message has been edited by srat110 (edited 02-10-2006).]

Shyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2006 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShysterClick Here to visit Shyster's HomePageSend a Private Message to ShysterDirect Link to This Post
Cable made Saturday's mail (although I gave you the office address out of habit and didn't go in yesterday, so I got it this morning). Installed & working. Consider yourself 'plussed'.

Thanks,
Perry

srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2006 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shyster:

Cable made Saturday's mail (although I gave you the office address out of habit and didn't go in yesterday, so I got it this morning). Installed & working. Consider yourself 'plussed'.

Thanks,
Perry

Great. hope you find it as usefull as I have.

Thanks again.

[This message has been edited by srat110 (edited 02-12-2006).]

srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2006 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by daniel87fierogt:

Okay i want one..............

Daniel

Got your MO. PM sent. Will ship today (Tuesday).

[This message has been edited by srat110 (edited 02-14-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
mikemck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2006 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikemckSend a Private Message to mikemckDirect Link to This Post
Where can I get information about the software?

I am wondering if something like this would work with my Northstar conversion.

Thanks.

Mike

wikid_one

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2006 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
Still have one? If so I'll take it. Let me know so I can paypal you some money.

Also sendng pm

[This message has been edited by wikid_one (edited 02-14-2006).]

srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2006 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mikemck:

Where can I get information about the software?

I am wondering if something like this would work with my Northstar conversion.

Thanks.

Mike

This is the Authors website. http://winaldl.joby.se/
There is other software out there. try a Google search for "aldl software" if winALDL won't support you. The only other that comes to mind is called Turbolink.

srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2006 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post
Edited top post that there are still cables available.

debug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2006 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for debugClick Here to visit debug's HomePageSend a Private Message to debugDirect Link to This Post
I'd like one as well please! PM me your paypal info so I can send you the money

Thanks!
-Randy

ToonTownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToonTownfieroClick Here to visit ToonTownfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ToonTownfieroDirect Link to This Post
I want one.
I live in Canada,
How much would it cose me?

------------------

1985 2M4
-A/F and Voltmeter gauges in A-Pillar gauge pod
-Jenzen Bass tube............................................-Mini scorpion wing
-MTX 250W RMS amplifier..................................-2003 Subaru WRX 16" rims
-Viper Security system

srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post
I just sent one to Oversteer in Toronto early this week. Cost is the same, just takes alittle longer.

PM sent

crazyfieromike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crazyfieromikeSend a Private Message to crazyfieromikeDirect Link to This Post
stupid question what are these exactly for?
Shyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShysterClick Here to visit Shyster's HomePageSend a Private Message to ShysterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crazyfieromike:

stupid question what are these exactly for?

You plug one piece (with the three exposed end wires) into your ALDL port, drill a 1/4" hole in the black plate that normally hides the ALDL port (the plate the lighter goes through), and mount the socket to this plate. Now instead of removing the plate every time you need to get to the ALDL port, you either plug in the blank plug to set diagnostic mode and read the flashes from the SES light, or plug in the RS232 cable, connect it to your laptop*, and run ALDL diagnostics in real time. The needed software is freeware, at least for most of the V6's we have.

*Technically, you can use a non-portable computer, but for road testing you'll need a really long extension cord. (I had to say that, because if I didn't, someone else would.)

srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shyster:

The needed software is freeware, at least for most of the V6's we have.

The winALDL software will support all V-6 Fieros and 84-86 2.5. I have not seen any software that will support the 87-88 2.5 as they use a different buad rate.

PFF
System Bot
wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
I got mine yesterday, but I have a problem. I just realized my laptop doesn't have a serial port. Will these still work with a serial to USB converter?

Oh and thanks... looks great.

srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post
I've read that people have used serial to usb converters, but I've never tried it. I would think it would work as long as you configure the right com port.
crazyfieromike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazyfieromikeSend a Private Message to crazyfieromikeDirect Link to This Post
is there a way to use these if you have the caddy 4.9 swap done ?
srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post
Depends on the ECM. I don't know if the caddy is OBD1 or OBD2. It should work if you are OBD1. WinALDL and my cable works on my 92 chevy pickup.
crazyfieromike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazyfieromikeSend a Private Message to crazyfieromikeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by srat110:

Depends on the ECM. I don't know if the caddy is OBD1 or OBD2. It should work if you are OBD1. WinALDL and my cable works on my 92 chevy pickup.

my caddy motor is OBD1

srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2006 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by crazyfieromike:

my caddy motor is OBD1

The cable should work, but I don't see a listing for the Caddy 4.9 in the config files so I don't know if winALDL would work. If you know the ECM number you could look to see if the ECM is supported. Turbolink, another ALDL software, only shows 3.8 and 5.7 caddy motors being supported so far. Maybe you should post in the tech section and see if any of the 4.9 guys have done this before.

srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2006 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post
I received a few PM's about cables this weekend so I thought I would update here that I do still have a few.

Also to those that were interested in a usb cable, alex de jorge used a serial to USB converter that he got off Ebay for $10 shipped. He reported that it worked fine.

edit: I listed the wrong person as having made a serial to USB work. Correction made.

[This message has been edited by srat110 (edited 03-06-2006).]

wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2006 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm. Sorry, but that wasn't me.
I tried 2 different converters and neither of them worked. Just to be sure I took my desktop out to the garage and tested the cable through a serial port and it worked perfectly. This is one of the ones I tried and could not get it to work http://cgi.ebay.com/Belkin-USB-PDA-Adapter-Serial-Cradle-to-USB-NEW_W0QQitemZ5873234768QQcategoryZ48672QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem. The other one was an old one from work and I can't find one online to show you.
srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2006 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post
My bad, I went back and checked my PM's and it was alex de jorge that made it work. You might contact him for some info on how he did it. I asked him to post the info here, but he hasn't yet. Here is the converter Alex used.

Originally posted in my PM's:

----- Original Message -----
Will do!
Hey Alex,

Cool beans dude. I have wondered before about that, but haven't taken the time to try it.

Thanks for the info. If you get a chance would you post this in my for sale thread how you made it work so others will know how you did it.

Thanks again.

Steve
Steve,

Just to let you know that I got my cable today and works perfect. All I had to do was configured the cable using the CD Rom it brought and that was it.

Alex
Cool, let me know how it works out. I might buy a few to send out with cables for people who need it.

Steve

Thanks a million. I just bought it.

Alex
Hey Alex,

I don't make a USB cable. Atleast not yet. May have to play with that when I get some time. You can get an adapter from ebay pretty cheap. Here is one that I found as an example. There was nearly 1000 listings for "serial to USB" on ebay.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Steve

Steve,

I do have a ? For some unknown reason to me my laptop does not have a 9 pin male end. I can't find an adapter to fit into my computer. Do you have a cable for an USB port?

thanks,
alex.

[This message has been edited by srat110 (edited 03-06-2006).]

wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2006 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
No problem. Didn't really want to say anything (feel like I was calling you out on a trivial mistake) but I figured I would to let people know what I didn't have success with to help others out.

[This message has been edited by wikid_one (edited 03-06-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Madess

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2006 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessDirect Link to This Post
I will take one if you still have so you have pm srat110

[This message has been edited by Madess (edited 03-07-2006).]

srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2006 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Madess:

I will take one if you still have so you have pm srat110

PM sent

dsalmen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2006 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dsalmenSend a Private Message to dsalmenDirect Link to This Post
Interested in one of these if any left. Please PM total cost with shipping to Arlington, VA, and paypal info.

dave s

------------------
87 notchback w/ stroked 3.4

FIEROFROSTBITE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2006 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFROSTBITESend a Private Message to FIEROFROSTBITEDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to buy a cable and get the CD. Please email your address and I'll send you a money order.
Thanks,
Ed
srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2006 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post
Emails and PM's sent.
srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2006 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post
I have 3 cable sets left if anyone else wants one.

greengoblin0129

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2006 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Direct Link to This Post
got mine and they work GREAT!

Thanks, Ryan

srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2006 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post
Glad to hear it Ryan.

FIEROFROSTBITE yours is on it's way.

Thanks guys

Steve

srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post
TTT - Update

I have 3 cable sets left. They are tested and ready to go. $35 shipped in the US or Canada. Free CD with winALDL and ALDLview is included for your convenience. After these three are gone, I'm probably done for a while.

Paypal and Money orders OK. PM me if interested.

Thanks

Steve

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock