Started on: 11-01-2007 12:08 AM
Replies: 27
Last post by: m0sh_man on 11-10-2007 08:43 AM
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
i need a 4 speed tranny
i've shipped them UPS before and it costs about $60.00

let me know what you have.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
bluefiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bluefieroSend a Private Message to bluefieroDirect Link to This Post
I have one from an 86 with a V6. It came from a front wrecked car which at the time had on 29,000 miles. It has just been sitting for years. I can get it out of strage and check ratios and get pictures if you want.
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
if it came from an 86 it should be a 3.65 which is what need.
give me a price or PM me if you dont want to say it openly.
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by buddycraigg:

i need a 4 speed tranny
i've shipped them UPS before and it costs about $60.00

let me know what you have.

ive got one from a 86SE with 180,000 miles, ive never tested it in a car, shifts fine through the gears, previous owner stated the car ran/drove fine before they parked it for 4 years (kids) the car had a bad fuel pump when i got it and was rusted up badly so i stripped it.

id sell it as-is for $125 + shipping (and shipping container cost) it it could probably go out via UPS or greyhound bus in a plastic tub.

ive got two 4:10 4 speeds in unknown condition both cars had blown motors approx 100,000 miles on one, 80,000 on the other, $65 each plus shipping (and shipping container costs)

ive also got a good tested isuzu 5 speed with shift cables and mounts and shifter, $250 + shipping for the setup.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
buddycraigg, I shipped a 4T60 to a guy on the east coast. I took an empty pallet, and bolted it down to the pallet, then covered it with shrink wrap to it clean in shipment. Often you can get a good pallet for one buck around here, or free just to get them out of the owners hair.
Joe Crawford
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:
ive got one from a 86SE with 180,000 miles, ive never tested it in a car, shifts fine through the gears, previous owner stated the car ran/drove fine before they parked it for 4 years (kids) the car had a bad fuel pump when i got it and was rusted up badly so i stripped it.

id sell it as-is for $125 + shipping (and shipping container cost) it it could probably go out via UPS or greyhound bus in a plastic tub.

price shipping to
Nationalease of KC
77 S James St.
Kansas City, KS 66118

i have a fork lift so i can get it off a truck
but like I said, i've wrapped them in cardboard, then shink rap and send them via UPS for about 60
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Depending on what you have going by Sat. I'm going to u-pull-it in Omaha and will be checking out what is available for Fieros, who knows just might get lucky....
Been a little dry hunting the last couple trips so hoping things will look up.
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

price shipping to
Nationalease of KC
77 S James St.
Kansas City, KS 66118

i have a fork lift so i can get it off a truck
but like I said, i've wrapped them in cardboard, then shink rap and send them via UPS for about 60

UPS ground just quoted me $64.15 assuming the package is 24x24x24 inches, and 90lbs it might be lighter than 90lbs if you dont need the mount brackets that bolt to the cradle (not sure if it has them on it anyway) id probably shrink wrap the transmission, box it up with wood and ship it out (ive got plenty of 3/8ths inch thick wood) id probably charge a $10 packing and handling fee though cause it would probably take alittle time to box it all up.

matthew
Russ544

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Direct Link to This Post
have you seen this one (2)?

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/039513.html

Russ544
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Russ544:
have you seen this one (2)?
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/039513.html
Russ544

did you see that it's in Canada?
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

buddycraigg

13602 posts
Member since Jul 2002

UPS ground just quoted me $64.15 assuming the package is 24x24x24 inches, and 90lbs it might be lighter than 90lbs if you dont need the mount brackets that bolt to the cradle (not sure if it has them on it anyway) id probably shrink wrap the transmission, box it up with wood and ship it out (ive got plenty of 3/8ths inch thick wood) id probably charge a $10 packing and handling fee though cause it would probably take alittle time to box it all up.

matthew

so let's say an even 200.00
how do you want paid?
PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
I have some 4 speeds. Is there a code I can find on the transmission that I can tell you which it is?
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:
I have some 4 speeds. Is there a code I can find on the transmission that I can tell you which it is?

nope,
there is a way of holding one cv shaft, turn the input shaft and count the turns of the free cv shaft to find your ratios.
but i dont have numbers in front of me
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

sometimes. if they still got the stick - like MY8.
but, without the sticker - only thing ya can do is turn the shafts, and count the other side.
if its the V6 4-speed - you can tell it visually, by it having the extra webbing around the output shafts. the 4-cyl ones are smooth.
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

if the transmission has the the extra webbing on the casing to add strength then its a v6 model, another way to tell is if it has the shift cable brackets made onto the case for a FWD car, if its got ears on it for shift cables, then its a 4:10 transmission.

no matter what i cant ship mine until atleast monday, give me the weekend to get it boxed up and ill give you my paypal address, ive suddenly got a VERY busy weekend ahead of me.

$200 shipped doesnt seem like a bad price on a 3:65 transmission to me, ive still got an isuzu 5 speed and getrag 5 speed im keeping for myself, i guess ive got two unknown 4:10 tranny's to sell.

if it makes you feel any better buddy, the previous owner of the car i removed this transmission from was a lady, she owned it since 50,000 miles, drove it daily and said she replaced the clutch at 120-130,000 miles she had twins and couldnt drive the car anymore, so it sat in her yard right beside a natural spring for 4 years, when i got the car (black 86SE) it was rusted to the point where the rear subframe had to be cut from the car.

you just need the transmission itself, you dont need the cradle mounting brackets correct? this may save on shipping

also once boxed up ill take a good measurement, it might be alittle cheaper than i previously quoted, but if its more, ill eat the cost.

matthew

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
this is a buy/sell thread.
if you wanna chat about figuring out which tranny you have, you can go here.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/063783.html
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

buddycraigg

13602 posts
Member since Jul 2002

you just need the transmission itself, you dont need the cradle mounting brackets correct? this may save on shipping

i'm good on brackets.

errr, i may need the forward/back shift cable.
i bent mine trying to push the handle out of 2nd gear.
i can straighten the banjo part under the console, but i'm not sure if it will last.

let me know when you get it boxed up.

so much for having some spending money to get new tires for the project car.

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 11-02-2007).]

m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

i'm good on brackets.

errr, i may need the forward/back shift cable.
i bent mine trying to push the handle out of 2nd gear.
i can straighten the banjo part under the console, but i'm not sure if it will last.

let me know when you get it boxed up.

so much for having some spending money to get new tires for the project car.

i know what you mean, i just spent $250 bucks at sears yesterday, im trying to save for archie's limo car.

here's a photo of the transmission.

ill see if ive got a extra set of 4 speed shift cables, im pretty sure i do, if so ill throw them in the crate.

matthew

ive tried several ways shipping always runs $60-65 bucks depending on the weight of the transmission, if the tranny is 70lbs its only $55 bucks, if its 90lbs its $65 bucks.

matthew

[This message has been edited by m0sh_man (edited 11-02-2007).]

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
m0sh_man (PM sent to make sure you get this message)

hold off on packing it up.

i have a snowball's chance in hell for a line on a MY8 car
the owner is supposed to check the RPO codes and call me tomorrow.

if i can get a MY8 tranny, then i can use the 3.65 tranny that is currently bolted to my 350.

PM me your phone number and i'll call you as soon as i know something.
thanks
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2007 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
I just got it crated up,its in a plywood crate with 2x4's holding the corners, its very solid, it ended up weighing 110lbs according to my bathroom scale, so shipping will run me $81.xx, so i checked fedex instead of UPS, Fedex still says $65 to ship it, i told you $200 shipped so ill hold on that word, *IF* you still need it, i ran it through all the gears today also, seems to shift fine, like i stated in a PM the only thing i cannot check is the syncronizers.

matthew

[This message has been edited by m0sh_man (edited 11-03-2007).]

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2007 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
looks like i will be buying another car. :/

the sad part is now i have to do 3 tranny swaps.
take 3.32 tranny out of new car.
take 3.65 tranny out of my V8 car, and install 3.32 in it.
take BAD 3.65 tranny out of my 85 GT and install the V8's 3.65 in it.

then part out the rest of the 84, or put a free 4.10 back in it and resell it.

damn, i'm tired just thinking about it.
PFF
System Bot
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2007 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

looks like i will be buying another car. :/

the sad part is now i have to do 3 tranny swaps.
take 3.32 tranny out of new car.
take 3.65 tranny out of my V8 car, and install 3.32 in it.
take BAD 3.65 tranny out of my 85 GT and install the V8's 3.65 in it.

then part out the rest of the 84, or put a free 4.10 back in it and resell it.

damn, i'm tired just thinking about it.

sounds like a plan, ill probably post this transmission on ebay or do something with it.

matthew

BtotheB

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2007 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post
thread hijack... heh

In case anyone in Ontario is reading this and wants a 4 speed tranny, I have a 3.65 out of an '85GT for free. Located in Belleville, ON... I can bring it up to Mississauga if anyone wants to pick it up. No shipping...

Brad
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
FYI everyone.
i'm buying m0sh_man's tranny.

yes i have a 3.32 tranny lined up.
but i have to get my daily driver back on the road, safety inspected and licensed by the end of the month. and this just seemed to be the best option
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
im going to attempt to ship this thing out tomorrow seeing as i have a door panel that needs to go out also, i cant guarentee that it will go out that quick, i dont know what time fedex closes

i kinda wish i would have known all this yesterday, i could have put the transmission in my subaru before the ground got wet, illh ave to drive into my back yard to get the trans seeing as its in my basement and i dont wanna have to carry 110lbs upstairs

also, im using the national lease as the shipping address, do you need an attention tag with your name on it?

matthew

[This message has been edited by m0sh_man (edited 11-05-2007).]

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
sorry, i didnt figure out how i wanted to juggle all this until last night.

just use the nationalease address.
i'm the parts guy here, so i'll be the one signing for it.

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 11-06-2007).]

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2007 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
damn you.
you shipped it so quick that now i have to work on my car this weekend.
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2007 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

damn you.
you shipped it so quick that now i have to work on my car this weekend.

i wont feel so alone when changing the waterpump on my quad4 fiero today

matthew

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock