Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  12" Corvette Brake Adapter Group Buy (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
12" Corvette Brake Adapter Group Buy by cheetah
Started on: 12-07-2005 07:53 PM
Replies: 75
Last post by: FieroGTdude on 10-21-2007 10:41 AM
cheetah

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
I have an odd question... do you happen to have Karl VanBrocklin's PFF username? I ocassionally work with his brother up here in Minneapolis... but have never managed to locate him on PFF!
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
What year fiero will these fit ... 85 through 87 or are you making (2) sets { 1 for fieros 85 -87 and 1 for 88s} ?
cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2005 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, but I don't know his name.

These will fit 84-87 Fieros. I haven't looked at the 88's. Point me in the right direction and I can look into making those also.

------------------
http://www.cheetahonline.com

FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2005 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
Bump... looks good to me, I am in for 2 sets.

Loyde

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2005 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Get them for the 88s and I will take a set myself.
HellYes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2005 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HellYesSend a Private Message to HellYesDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested. I have all the calipers and rotors for the swap sitting in my tool box.

If this is for the front and rear caliper relocation brackets for vette calipers and centering rings for nette rotors as detailed on bubba's site, I'm in pending price.

HellYes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2005 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HellYesSend a Private Message to HellYesDirect Link to This Post

HellYes

736 posts
Member since Mar 2005

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Get them for the 88s and I will take a set myself.

Someone already makes a 88 kit. Much easier to do.

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2005 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HellYes:

Someone already makes a 88 kit. Much easier to do.

Not a kit that uses the Vette calipers also, the only kits out use only the Vetter rotors.

cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2005 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
We have (8)!

I will give it until Monday to see if any more people want in, then it is a go.

Thanks everyone for the responses.

------------------

rockcrawl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2005 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rockcrawlClick Here to visit rockcrawl's HomePageSend a Private Message to rockcrawlDirect Link to This Post
Can we get these delivered before Christmas?
PFF
System Bot
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rockcrawl:

Can we get these delivered before Christmas?

Bump, same question, but not a pressing issue for me.

Loyde

BigLittleV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigLittleV8Click Here to visit BigLittleV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigLittleV8Direct Link to This Post
Add 1 more to the count I just paypal my money so I guess that 9 now?

By the way are they going to be here for christmas?

Mark

THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2005 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTDirect Link to This Post
Are this for the 84-87 cars or is it for all 84-88 Fieros?

Thanks!
JG

DOHC_SWAPPER

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post12-14-2005 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DOHC_SWAPPERSend a Private Message to DOHC_SWAPPERDirect Link to This Post
1984-1987 as per the other posts in this thread.
SquishyBiscuit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2005 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SquishyBiscuitSend a Private Message to SquishyBiscuitDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.

-Squishy

cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2005 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
Delivered by Christmas will probably not happen. The shop has a lot of days off for the holidays. I now have (9) and exexecting payment on a 10th.

I am goign to wrap this up this weekend, so keep that in mind if thinking about ordering a set.

Thanks.

Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2005 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post
Any issues with clearances? Will the wheels be pushed further out, causing a need for a higher offset wheel? In one of the pictures I saw of the rear brakes, it looked like the pads would be hanging off the outside edge of the rotor. Is this so? And are there any clearance issues with the Vette MC? It looks like it takes up more room than the stock one.

------------------

FORMERLY KNOWN AS: sqoach

[This message has been edited by Fiero_Adam (edited 12-16-2005).]

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2005 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
The wheels will be pushed out slightly, but only by the width of a corvette brake rotor. That is probibly around 1/4"

The corvette MC is about the same physical size as a fiero MC, no clearance issues. Just need to swap the brake lines.

cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
Today (12/19/05) at closing time I am submitting the final total to the shop to begin the cutting.

I currently have (9) paid.

So if interested, please pay by that time to get in on this run.

Thanks.

------------------

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
So we have to use the Vette master cylinder? Can we use our stock lines? I have steel braided lines, but as far as the Vette master cylinder does it fit with the Fiero lines? What year of Vette master cylinder do we need?

Thanks.

PFF
System Bot
DOHC_SWAPPER

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-19-2005 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DOHC_SWAPPERSend a Private Message to DOHC_SWAPPERDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

So we have to use the Vette master cylinder? Can we use our stock lines? I have steel braided lines, but as far as the Vette master cylinder does it fit with the Fiero lines? What year of Vette master cylinder do we need?

Thanks.

Are you retarded? This has been covered a million god damn times. Your stock / SS brake lines dont change. The Vette master cylinder bolts right in (76?-82). The lines from the proportioning valve to the master cylinder have to swap postions on the MC. Do a search or use google for christ sakes.

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DOHC_SWAPPER:

Are you retarded? This has been covered a million god damn times. Your stock / SS brake lines dont change. The Vette master cylinder bolts right in (76?-82). The lines from the proportioning valve to the master cylinder have to swap postions on the MC. Do a search or use google for christ sakes.

What is your problem? I have been on this forum for quite sometime. I'm just asking a simple question just so I can let my friends that do work for me know. Settle down dude.

1 of 2: Factory Maroon/Gray 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 97 GTP Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 13.704@98mph, 1.938 60ft)

My CarDomain Site
My Friend Garrod's CarDomain Site

[This message has been edited by Rare87GT (edited 12-19-2005).]

animuL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for animuLSend a Private Message to animuLDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DOHC_SWAPPER:

I bet the guy selling these is proud to have someone like you out here advertising them, calling potential customers retards? What a jerk.

cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
With the Corvette MC, it bolts in, but the two brake lines that come out the side of it are inverted. So two new lines (maybe 6 inches long each) need to be bent and flared (double flared).

I did mine with a pipe bender and flaring tool. I believe Autozone etc. rent them.

------------------

OH10fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OH10fieroSend a Private Message to OH10fieroDirect Link to This Post
When do you need payment by? I will not have any funds untill after the new year, close to February.
cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
Contact me when the finances allow. I am making extra, and will try to make another run in the near future.

BTW, the concentic rings are done and will be shipped out Saturday to anyone who only purchased the rings. The brackets will be done soon, and then the rest will ship.

------------------

86blackgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackgtSend a Private Message to 86blackgtDirect Link to This Post
if you have any extra rear bracket I would buy them.

Thanks

Ryan.Schuette@ndsu.edu

Big maestro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Big maestroSend a Private Message to Big maestroDirect Link to This Post
If you are still taking payments for this shipment let me know I can paypal you the funds.
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
I would like to know as well.

Thanks.

cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
I did make extra on the run.

I knew some people would need them. Just order from the site and they will ship when this run gets shipped.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cheetah:

I did make extra on the run.

I knew some people would need them. Just order from the site and they will ship when this run gets shipped.

Ok thanks.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2006 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Can't wait to hear how these worked out. I may need to order some !

DOHC_SWAPPER

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-02-2006 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DOHC_SWAPPERSend a Private Message to DOHC_SWAPPERDirect Link to This Post
Any chance you can fab up some "twice as thick" rear rings for us running the complete 88-96 rotor setup?
crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2006 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
That would be great if you could. DOHC and myself both have the same rotors that need the twice as thick rear concentric rings.

Hope its not too late.

cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2006 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
I had the same problem with the rear rings when I did my swap, so I already made all of the rear rings twice as thick.

The extra parts that I made for the first run are close to being all spoken for (waiting for a few payments that were to be sent by mail), but I will start another run as soon as this one is finished.

Anyone who wants in, just let me know.

I "might" have some rings still available, but I won't know for a few days.

------------------

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2006 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
I am interested... i would need the rings too of coarse. I am assuming you need larger wheels to (i have GT rims). Also, not to question your knowledge, but will that aluminum stand up to abuse? Are there instructions on how to install these too?
The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2006 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
bumparoo.
cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2006 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the 15" GT rims will not fit.

The 6061 Aluminum is plenty stong for the application. No problems at all in asking.

The original group buy parts are going to be completed and shipped out next week. I made some extra front brackets already, and am finishing up on extra rear brackets and rings.

So to those of you that pre-paid via the group buy, you will have your parts soon. To those who want parts, I am accepting payments for those, and they will be available soon also.

------------------

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2006 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
you have instructions for the install?

Can you list exactly what brake parts i need and from what year vette? I am putting together a price list for cross drilled parts from ebay and such but want to make sure i get the year right for each part!! Thanks!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock