Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Your favorite quote: Tell us what it is and why :) (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Your favorite quote: Tell us what it is and why :) by xquaid
Started on: 07-23-2013 05:33 PM
Replies: 69
Last post by: Taijiguy on 07-29-2013 07:39 AM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

**** you thats why
Jake_Dragon

Belongs among the greats of all time.

IP: Logged
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
"Talent is a muscle that quickly atrophies without practice and hard work." - tbone42

"Never put your dick in crazy" -tbone42's Dad

"Give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

"Never approach a bull from the front, never approach a mule from behind, never approach stupid people from any direction." - Unknown
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
"Nuts!" - Anthony Clement McAuliffe
xquaid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for xquaidClick Here to visit xquaid's HomePageSend a Private Message to xquaidDirect Link to This Post
The following are from Henry Ford:

If I had asked the public what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse.

Whether you think that you can or that you can't, you are right.

Half my advertising is a waste, I just don't know which half.

The competitor to be feared is one who never bothers about you at all but goes on making his own business better all the time.

Don't find a fault, find a remedy!
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by xquaid:

The following are from Henry Ford:

The competitor to be feared is one who never bothers about you at all but goes on making his own business better all the time.

Nice! This particular quote is very helpful to me now, it has realigned my focus for my business. Thank you!
xquaid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for xquaidClick Here to visit xquaid's HomePageSend a Private Message to xquaidDirect Link to This Post
Glad this helped you.

Be sure to read as many of the quotes as you can everybody! There might be just one that sparks your motivation to go out and change the world! (or maybe start by changing yourself?)

- Justin
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by xquaid:

Glad this helped you.

Be sure to read as many of the quotes as you can everybody! There might be just one that sparks your motivation to go out and change the world! (or maybe start by changing yourself?)

- Justin

From a long time ago in a Pennocks far, far, away...
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-6-026806.html
NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

From a long time ago in a Pennocks far, far, away...
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-6-026806.html

What in the world did 84Bill do?!

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NoMoreRicers:

What in the world did 84Bill do?!

He wished he was banned.
Be careful what you wish for.

I miss him.
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
And now for my next trick.

Because of some of the miracals I've had to come up with at work!!!

bounus points, if you know where it came from.
Joe

[This message has been edited by motoracer838 (edited 07-24-2013).]

NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

And now for my next trick.

Because of some of the miracals I've had to come up with at work!!!

bounus points, if you know where it came from.
Joe

, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat.

PFF
System Bot
Dragon_Rising

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dragon_RisingSend a Private Message to Dragon_RisingDirect Link to This Post
War. War never changes.

The end of the world occurred pretty much as we had predicted. Too many humans, not enough space or resources to go around. The details are trivial and pointless, the reasons, as always, purely human ones.

The earth was nearly wiped clean of life. A great cleansing, an atomic spark struck by human hands, quickly raged out of control. Spears of nuclear fire rained from the skies. Continents were swallowed in flames and fell beneath the boiling oceans. Humanity was almost extinguished, their spirits becoming part of the background radiation that blanketed the earth.

A quiet darkness fell across the planet, lasting many years. Few survived the devastation. Some had been fortunate enough to reach safety, taking shelter in great underground vaults. When the great darkness passed, these vaults opened, and their inhabitants emerged to begin their lives again.

One of the northern tribes claims they are descended from one such Vault. They hold that their founder and ancestor, one known as the "Vault Dweller," once saved the world from a great evil. According to their legend, this evil arose in the far south. It corrupted all it touched, twisting men inside, turning them into beasts. Only through the bravery of this Vault Dweller was the evil destroyed. But in so doing, he lost many of his friends and suffered greatly, sacrificing much of himself to save the world.

When at last he returned to the home he had fought so hard to protect, he was cast out. Exiled. In confronting that which they feared, he had become something else in their eyes...and no longer their champion.

Forsaken by his people, he strode into the wasteland. He traveled far to the north, until he came to the great canyons. There, he founded a small village, Arroyo, where he lived out the rest of his years. And so, for a generation since its founding, Arroyo has lived in peace, its canyons sheltering it from the outside world. It is home. Your home.

But the scars left by the war have not yet healed. And the Earth has not forgotten.
-Ron Perlman
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

He wished he was banned.
Be careful what you wish for.

I miss him.

That was right about the time I started posting in ot. Him and I got into a debate in one or two threads right before he asked to be banned and he literally did ask to be banned.
NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

That was right about the time I started posting in ot. Him and I got into a debate in one or two threads right before he asked to be banned and he literally did ask to be banned.

Seems so pointless to me. Why not just voluntarily quit posting...
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2013 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Suicide by cop.
xquaid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for xquaidClick Here to visit xquaid's HomePageSend a Private Message to xquaidDirect Link to This Post
!!!! I love it!

Why did he ask to be banned?

A: Suicide by cop!

That is a keeper!

PS. Awesome old quotes thread. Now I need to check that one out!
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

If I remember right, he didn't think he could stop so he asked so he'd be forced to stop.
NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersDirect Link to This Post

Suicide by cop.

Yeah, I guess it's the same idea.
NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersDirect Link to This Post

NoMoreRicers

2192 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Originally posted by Khw:

If I remember right, he didn't think he could stop so he asked so he'd be forced to stop.

Ahh.
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat.

Your showing your age.
NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

Your showing your age.

If only you knew.
PFF
System Bot
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Direct Link to This Post
"I think Koenissegg in Swedish means; Oh no! I think my heads going to explode!!" -Jeremy Clarkson on the CCX

------------------
86 Fiero GTX project now tearing up the street, My build thread! 3800sc, interior, wheels, suspension and more! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning". ~ Henry Ford

DeV8er

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeV8erSend a Private Message to DeV8erDirect Link to This Post
Thomas Jefferson; during the debate on creating the Electoral College, "...such an institution must be established so as to if necessary, keep the choice of such an important individual out of the hands of the common man.".

Don't forget to vote.
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleDirect Link to This Post
So, what are you going to wire the place? 220?
Uh ....220, 221, whatever it takes!

That is a quote from one of my favorite movies. Which movie is this from?
Kit
Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleDirect Link to This Post

Kitskaboodle

3012 posts
Member since Nov 2004
"And now for something completely different...a man with two buttocks".
Kit
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kitskaboodle:

So, what are you going to wire the place? 220?
Uh ....220, 221, whatever it takes!

That is a quote from one of my favorite movies. Which movie is this from?
Kit

Wasn't that Mr. Mom?
Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleDirect Link to This Post
Yes, Mr Mom (with Michael Keaton ) is correct!

Ok.....here is a few more:
"None of us is as good as all of us"
(A quote from Ray Kroc who was the main investor/business mgr of McDonald's) He was referring to the key ingredient in fast, speedy service that helped to make McDonalds a world leader in hamburger fast food. Translation? TEAMWORK!

"Whenever there is a threat of international communism, bicycle repairman is there to help".
"It is a deceased Parrot. It is no more. It has moved on. It has ceased to exist. Oh no, he's just sleeping".
"Wink, wink, nudge, nudge...say no more."
"Look...I just cut your arms off! Nah, it's just a flesh wound."
Ok, so I like Monty Python.

He leans across the table and says, "lady, there's only so many shopping days left till Christmas."
Jack Nicholson speaking to Shirley McClain (who had been playing "hard to get " ) in Terms of Endearment.
Kit

spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
"If you're playing a poker game and you look around the table and and can't tell who the sucker is, it's you". ~ Paul Newman
Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
This may or may not resonate with some, but I think it's pretty universal.

One of my favorite quotes is from my dad, and requires a rather lengthy explanation-

A few years after divorcing from my mom, my dad remarried. But this woman was a very mousy insecure person who spent a great deal of time seeking my dad's approval. Really, to the point of being extremely annoying. My dad and I would talk about it often, and how she would drive him crazy. But at the same time, he would relish that in so many other ways, she was a really good woman who took good care of him and loved him a lot. He told me this story of how every morning she would make him a delicious omelet. She would bring it to the table and stand there while he ate. He would take a bite and and she'd ask, "Is it OK?" My dad would reply, "Yes dear, it's delicious!"
He'd take another bite, and she'd ask, "Is it hot enough?" " I can heat it up some more if it's not!" And he'd calmly reply, "Yes honey, it's just perfect."
Another bite, "Are you sure it's OK? I can make another one if you don't like it," He'd say, "It's perfect honey, even better than the one you made yesterday."
"Are you sure it's OK?" "Is the cheese melted enough?" Nodding through a mouthful he would say, "Fantastic omelet sweetie, thank you."
And on it would go until he finished the whole thing.
He said at first when she did this it would drive him nuts, and he would get so frustrated. But then he said he realized, that this woman just wanted nothing more than to make him happy. That every morning with no effort on his part whatsoever, as if by magic, this delicious omelet would appear before him.

He said when he thought about it, her behavior became far less annoying;

He said he decided, "That's just the price of an omelet".
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock