Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  What is Tea Party Conservativism? (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
What is Tea Party Conservativism? by Formula88
Started on: 05-30-2012 08:14 PM
Replies: 101
Last post by: NEPTUNE on 06-04-2012 09:19 PM
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

That would depend. You can be involuntary committed if you fail to commit suicide, but that would be determined by a psychologist and it also depends on your method you try to employ to kill yourself as well.

But the "ACT" of trying to kill yourself isn't illegal.

So are you going to retract the statement you made that suicide and attempted suicide is illegal or do we chalk that up as one of your fails?

You quote me acknowledging it's not a criminal act, then ask if I'm going to acknowledge it's not a criminal act?
Have you been in to ray b''s stash lately?

This has been a reasonably cordial discussion so far, despite your attempts to turn it into a typical political mud fight.
IP: Logged
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

It is against the law to kill yourself. (rather, to make the attempt, as if you're successful it's difficult to prosecute)
Based on existing law, the case can be made a woman having an abortion is the same as someone purposely injuring a woman in such a way as to cause a miscarriage.

This is the fail.
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:
I love it when liberals scream about the Koch brothers. It opens the door to exposure of their hypocrisy. The NEVER, NEVER whine about George Soros.

why should I whine about a good guy who helps
and is OPEN ABOUT WHAT HE WANTS AND WHY
and WHO HE GIVE HIS MONEY TO

by the way
your list is spun very very hard right

your astro-turf tea party claims to be grassroots
but their are the guys behind the curtain [koch]
who claim to want freedom
but turns out that freedom is to loot and pollute without regs

who else is funding your side
and what do they really want

we hear NO NO NO
and rerun voodoo harder
markets know best
and dereg everything

but resent passed crash and very slow recovery
show your rightwing leaders failed
why rerun failure
why can't the rightwing ever learn from their mistakes
or admit their failings

User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post06-02-2012 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Bad analogy. I can dispose of my property if I like but you cannot come and take the same item without my consent - that's theft. Your reasoning would imply that an unborn child is the sole property of the mother.

For X number of weeks, it is.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

one governor in office 18 months and facing recall now
lets see if he is even there in 5 days

Well, uh, considering he has taken a massive deficit and turned it into a surplus in just 15 months, lowered the unemployment rate, raised the standard fo living for all Wisconsinites, I'd say...are you kidding!!!!!????

He will crush this recall attempt.

Time to wake up and smell the facts rayb
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

You don't know what the hell you're talking about. He did NOT lower their pay. All he did was get them to pay more of their own benefits. If you want to call that a pay reduction...yeah, right. NO teachers lost their jobs. Not one. No layoffs. State budget went from a huge deficit to a surplus. All while LOWERING TAXES.

If balancing the state budget from a deficit to a surplus, and not laying any public workers off is a bad idea, then you are certifiably nuts.

http://www.livinglakecountr...orter/148295805.html
Oconomowoc students react to news of teacher layoffs

Posted: April 20, 2012

Oconomowoc High School students wore shirts to school Friday with the message "We love our teachers" after news that 15 teachers received layoff notices this week.

While the district is not talking about the impending layoffs, news of the firings broke after the teachers were informed earlier this week.

http://scottwalkerwatch.com...ive-teacher-layoffs/
Report proves Walker’s Act 10 draconian education cuts are leading to massive teacher layoffs
Posted on April 19, 2012 by J

A release from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction skewers the absolute fabrications of “success” that Scott Walker has been making in friendly domains like Fox News and CNBC and out-of-state fundraisers where he has been escaping the state he supposed to be governing.

Some of the highlights from the report include:

The state’s annual school staff report shows that school districts cut 2,312 positions for the 2011-12 school year, a 50 percent increase in staff losses from the previous school year.
The larger than usual cuts to school staff for the 2011-12 school year support projections from the Department of Workforce Development last fall. The majority of staff cuts, more than 60 percent, were among teachers.
\

http://www.dailykos.com/sto...est-Teacher-Layoffs-
Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker likes to say he balanced Wisconsin's budget without layoffs of any public employees. It's a double lie.

He didn't balance Wisconsin's budget, and local school districts across the state are laying off teachers and staff due to massive cuts in education funding in Walker's budget.

Some 50 or so high school students in Rhinelander (not traditionally a hot bed of political protest) are not happy with the layoff of four of their teachers, and they made their displeasure known by walking out of class and setting up a picket line on the sidewalk in front of the school yesterday morning.

Their reward? Tickets and fines from the local sheriff, pending disciplinary action from the school administrators, and a ridiculous admonishment from Oneida County Detective Sergeant Phil Newcomb, who told them "Stop protesting....There’s a peaceful way to protest, but this is not the way.”

no layoffs ?
balanced ?
or more nut-con BS
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

no layoffs ?
balanced ?
or more nut-con BS

Uh, wait ray. First you said that all the school districts in Wisconsin were LOCAL, so it's not Walker's credit. Now you give a couple examples of local layoffs and it is suddenly Walker's FAULT?

You seriously think you can BLAME Walker for layoffs at the same time you deny credit when the news was there were NO layoffs?
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Uh, wait ray. First you said that all the school districts in Wisconsin were LOCAL, so it's not Walker's credit. Now you give a couple examples of local layoffs and it is suddenly Walker's FAULT?

You seriously think you can BLAME Walker for layoffs at the same time you deny credit when the news was there were NO layoffs?

Don't you know? All Republicans are to blame for all societies ills.

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2012 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

you swallow and regurgitate the rightwing propaganda
and then get upset when the facts dispute your spin

walker cut state funding to the local districts
as a result the local school districts cut teachers
sorry for all your BS you fail to understand how things work
but yes walker by cutting funding caused the layoffs
as DT said FOLLOW THE MONEY

btw to the toad
how can standards of living go up
when walker cut the state workers pay by 8%
and caused others to be layed off
figures donot lie
but you liers sure can figure , spin, and use smoke and mirrors
and never fact check any spin from fox news

truth justice and the american way
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2012 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
The Angry Parrot™ has spoken.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2012 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

you swallow and regurgitate the rightwing propaganda
and then get upset when the facts dispute your spin

walker cut state funding to the local districts
as a result the local school districts cut teachers
sorry for all your BS you fail to understand how things work
but yes walker by cutting funding caused the layoffs
as DT said FOLLOW THE MONEY

Assuming that is true, then how would they be able to keep paying the teachers? The state was in a DEFICIT, which came about under DEMOCRATIC rule and taxation. In other words, your beloved Democratic way of tax and spend WASN'T WORKING, ray, PERIOD. You can't argue against that, it's a FACT. So what should they do? Raise taxes MORE? Oh, of course, you can raise taxes all you want, and it has NO effect whatsoever on business, jobs and people. The money is just floating out there. Riiiight.

PFF
System Bot
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2012 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

Assuming that is true, then how would they be able to keep paying the teachers? The state was in a DEFICIT, which came about under DEMOCRATIC rule and taxation. In other words, your beloved Democratic way of tax and spend WASN'T WORKING, ray, PERIOD. You can't argue against that, it's a FACT. So what should they do? Raise taxes MORE? Oh, of course, you can raise taxes all you want, and it has NO effect whatsoever on business, jobs and people. The money is just floating out there. Riiiight.

blaming the other guys is not the point
you said no layoffs
or pay cuts
facts are walker did do both
or you lied yet again to this board

btw tax income to the state went down BECAUSE OF THE BuSh2 recession
not anything the other guys did
or anything unique to that state
but something your side did do [fail to govern ]
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2012 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2012 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

IMG]

yes when ever your side gets caught

post a funny pic

or insult some one

or post more BS

or claim there is a motive to catching lies
ever think
truth is important ?

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2012 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
It doesn't matter what I post - your replies are always the same... just like an angry parrot.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2012 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

It doesn't matter what I post - your replies are always the same... just like an angry parrot.

so I guess you do NOT think the truth is important

I note none of our nut con's here
will ever dispute another nut con's lies

but if I post the truth
the mean girls club all swing in to attack
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2012 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Holy crap, talking to ray is a WASTE OF TIME.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2012 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

so I guess you do NOT think the truth is important

I note none of our nut con's here
will ever dispute another nut con's lies

but if I post the truth
the mean girls club all swing in to attack

You'll guess what you want and flat out state it as fact.
I ask for your viewpoint and you immediately complain no one is willing to listen to your viewpoint. Everything you post is based on how someone else is wrong, evil, lying, etc. Even if I agreed with you, you'd find some way to call me a liar.

Don't play the victim and whine about being attacked when that's all you ever do to others.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 06-04-2012).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2012 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

You'll guess what you want and flat out state it as fact.
I ask for your viewpoint and you immediately complain no one is willing to listen to your viewpoint. Everything you post is based on how someone else is wrong, evil, lying, etc. Even if I agreed with you, you'd find some way to call me a liar.

Don't play the victim and whine about being attacked when that's all you ever do to others.

yes I label movements like the teabaggers with names

BUT

you fail to see the difference in attacking a lie/lye-or with proof
or a failed plan with proof

and a personal attack with out any proof except they got caught BY ME
AND THEY DO NOT LIKE IT

and yes I leave my personal philosophy out of these posts
but if you can't figure it out
I am a radical as far left as many nut-con are far right
or a unreformed 67 hippy
but most of my posts here are about exposing the nut-con lies
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2012 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

and a personal attack with out any proof except they got caught BY ME
AND THEY DO NOT LIKE IT

Being "caught" by you isn't proof of anything. Just like the angry parrot, saying something is a lie doesn't make it so, no matter how loud you shout it.
Anyone could cut and paste most of your posts into any thread and nobody would notice the difference.

Have a cracker and relax.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2012 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

I am a radical as far left...

or a unreformed 67 hippy

This should be all we need to know.

Sounds like he might have done too many 60s back in the drugs.
PFF
System Bot
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2012 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
From an email I recieved from someone in the real world:
I reall don't won't commit to post have my own opinion, but this seemed very interesting.
(I don't care who you are. This guy is smarter than you.)

I'm not exactly a fan of the Tea Party. When a debate among Republican candidates was marred by Tea Party members in the audience urging the uninsured to die, I called that "sadism." I said on national TV that: "It's the same impulse that led people in the Coliseum to cheer when the lions ate the Christians."

The year before, I said that teabaggers attending a Glenn Beck rally "were wearing sheets over their heads 25 years ago."

At around the same time, when a reporter compared Ron Paul libertarians to Tea Party members, I said: "Many of the libertarians are physicists, and many of the Tea Party people don't bathe. There's really not much in common there."

Nevertheless, there is one thing that I like about the Tea Party:

They get their people nominated. And often elected.

I had a ring-side seat to a Tea Party take-out in 2010, because I served on the same House Committee as Mike Castle, a Republican candidate for the Senate. Castle had been the Governor of Delaware for eight years. Then he served nine terms in the U.S. House of Representatives. In the ninth most-Democratic state in America, Republican Castle won every House race after his first one by at least 17 points.

But the Tea Party deemed Castle disturbingly normal. So they dumped him in favor of Christine O'Donnell, who is not a witch. At least she says that she is not a witch.
Here are some other things that Christine O'Donnell said:

"It's not enough to be abstinent with other people. You also have to be abstinent alone." On the same subject: "If he already knows what pleases him and he can please himself, then why am I in the picture?"

"One of my first dates with a witch was on a satanic altar."

"There is just as much, if not more, evidence supporting" creationism as evolution. "You know what? Evolution is a myth."

Having women in the military "cripples the readiness of our defense."

"American scientific companies are cross-breeding humans and animals, and coming up with mice with fully functioning human brains."

Christine O'Donnell didn't pay her taxes. She didn't pay her mortgage. She used campaign contributions to pay her rent. She lied to the Federal Election Commission. She lied about her education.

And yet, for all of that, Christine O'Donnell defeated Mike Castle. Because for Tea Party members, all that mattered was that Christine O'Donnell was a Tea Party member, and Mike Castle was not.
Same thing with Robert Bennett and Mike Lee, in Utah. Same thing with Trey Grayson (no relation) and Rand Paul, in Kentucky. Same thing with Richard Lugar and Richard Mourdock, in Indiana. The Tea Party puts its own people in, and puts everyone else out.

I respect that.

Eric Griego, who grew up dirt-poor, and hasn't forgotten what that was like. (I didn't tell you that when Griego was asked to identify the most important issue today, he didn't say jobsjobsjobsjobsjobs like everyone else, but rather the iron control that corporate special interests have over politics and government.)

Lee Rogers, a distinguished doctor, professor and medical researcher. (I didn't tell you what an utter dirtbag Rogers is running against.)

The Tea Party puts worse and worse Republicans in Congress – selfish, bigoted tools.

Ahh yes.
Putting the USA before party.[sarcasm[/]
What the Teabag party is isn't all about??
(Sorry, I just couldn't stop myself from calling a stinking turd a turd.)

------------------

Drive safely!

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 06-04-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay