Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Conservative Group Calls for Boycott of Ben & Jerry's 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Conservative Group Calls for Boycott of Ben & Jerry's 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor by OKflyboy
Started on: 09-29-2011 04:37 PM
Replies: 72
Last post by: TheRealShadowX on 10-06-2011 05:48 AM
OKflyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Geez, some people just need to lighten up. That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!

-------------------------------------

Ben & Jerry's latest ice cream creation -- "Schweddy Balls" -- doesn't agree with the tastes of at least one national conservative group.

"The vulgar new flavor has turned something as innocent as ice cream into something repulsive," read a statement released by One Million Moms, a division of the Mississippi-based American Family Association. "Not exactly what you want a child asking for at the supermarket."

The limited-batch ice cream -- inspired by a "Saturday Night Live" skit featuring Alec Baldwin as Pete Schweddy, owner of a holiday bakery -- features vanilla ice cream with a hint of rum and fudge-covered rum and milk chocolate malt balls. The skit, which also included actresses Ana Gasteyer and Molly Shannon, concluded with Baldwin deadpanning: "No one can resist my Schweddy Balls."

The flavor has been available since earlier this month at Ben & Jerry's locations nationwide.

"For a long time, I thought that 'Here Lies Pete Schweddy' would end up on my tombstone," Baldwin said in a statement on Sept. 7 announcing the release of the ice cream. "Now, thanks to Ben & Jerry's, the goodness of the Schweddy family recipe won't go with me to the great beyond."

Not everyone's laughing, however.

Officials at One Million Moms are asking the public to send correspondence to Ben & Jerry's public relations manager to request that no additional batches of the ice cream be distributed.

"Also, highly recommend they refrain from producing another batch with this name or any other offensive names or you will no longer be able to purchase their products," a statement read.

Sean Greenwood, a spokesman for Ben & Jerry's, said the Vermont-based company has received "tremendous outpouring of support" since the launch of "Schweddy Balls," which will be available through the end of December.

"It's a great flavor and our fans know it," Greenwood told FoxNews.com. "They get it ... It's flying off the shelves in a lot of places."

Greenwood said the company has received roughly 500 emails in support of the flavor and roughly the same amount criticizing the concoction.

"We have not changed our plan in any way," Greenwood said. "What we're hearing from our fans is, 'We like it, keep it out.' We'll get through this year and see what our fans want next year."

Meanwhile, officials at One Million Moms also objected to a special edition of "Chubby Hubby" released last year by the ice cream maker called "Hubby Hubby" to celebrate gay marriage.

"It seems that offending customers has become an annual tradition for Ben & Jerry's," the group's statement read.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2...hweddy-balls-flavor/

-------------------------------------

------------------
Read my Earthship thread in Totally O/T
si vis pacem, para bellum

"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams

What part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" is so hard to understand?!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Syn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynSend a Private Message to SynDirect Link to This Post
that's AWESOME! I need to go get some now!
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Well, I think it is stupid and in poor judgement. B&J shouldn't have named it that. Let the customers speak though.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by Syn:

that's AWESOME! I need to go get some now!

come on... say it... then... .yell it aloud ... you want to lick schweddy balls.... say it... in public (not on this forum, it doesn't count).
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I'm not afraid to admit it, I want Ben and Jerry's Schweddy balls in my mouth tonight.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
..and there's no such thing as bad publicity in this case. One Million Moms is basically guaranteeing a best seller flavor. Ben and Jerry's should send them a thank you note.

"It seems that offending customers has become an annual tradition for Ben & Jerry's," the group's statement read.

And it seems like complaining about ice cream has become an annual tradition for One Million Moms. Good to see an activist group fighting for something important, you know?

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 09-29-2011).]

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
There was no need to call for a boycott in the first place, because there is no way in Hell I'm eating anything called Schweddy Balls!

Jim
aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post

"The vulgar new flavor has turned something as innocent as ice cream into something repulsive," read a statement released by One Million Moms, a division of the Mississippi-based American Family Association. "Not exactly what you want a child asking for at the supermarket."!

Since when was Ben and Jerry's ice cream being marketed to children? Isn't their target consumers adults?
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I thought Scarface turned ice cream away from innocence...
ThatFieroKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThatFieroKidSend a Private Message to ThatFieroKidDirect Link to This Post
Oh get over it. One million moms is just a bunch of bored housewives looking for something to complain/worry about, all in "protection" of their children. Go do something that will REALLY help children. Do some tutoring or catch a pedophile or something. It's just like the PMRC and Tipper Gore in the 80s.

Edit: spelling

[This message has been edited by ThatFieroKid (edited 09-29-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Gandalf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GandalfSend a Private Message to GandalfDirect Link to This Post
FFS... do these morons not have anything better to do?

Why don't they ban leaving the house wearing bright colours, or eating pasta on a tuesday... that causes me more offense than a B&J ice cream flavour.

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OKflyboy:

Hey, I'm not afraid to admit it, I want Ben and Jerry's Schweddy balls in my mouth tonight.

I said to say it in public... not on this forum, as that doesn't count!

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Since when is ice cream targeted towards adults or children? It is universal.... everyone likes it! As for the name.... I will say again, stupid, childish, and low-brow for such a company. Frankly, I don't buy their ice cream because it is overpriced and over rated. I hope the boycott wins, as maybe B&J will rethink their branding and spend more time working on the quality/price, instead of thinking up stupid names that are vulgar.

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Since when is ice cream targeted towards adults or children? It is universal.... everyone likes it! As for the name.... I will say again, stupid, childish, and low-brow for such a company. Frankly, I don't buy their ice cream because it is overpriced and over rated. I hope the boycott wins, as maybe B&J will rethink their branding and spend more time working on the quality/price, instead of thinking up stupid names that are vulgar.

Oh lighten up will ya, I mean if everybody marched to your uptight goose step, it would be a very dull and boring world.

If your not offending someone, your doing it wrong. Joe
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Since I'm not much of an ice cream fan, I'd prefer these...

Most of the things that make me laugh would likely offend someone else and vice versa.

There must be something more constructive "One Million Moms" together can do if they put their minds to it.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

Oh lighten up will ya, I mean if everybody marched to your uptight goose step, it would be a very dull and boring world.

If your not offending someone, your doing it wrong. Joe

sigh.... well, maybe we should let kids buy **** ? Or how about we start naming products after any vulgar word. What is the harm? ... lighten up.

As for the goose step comment... really, is that what you think the Nazis were all about?

The world, it is exciting enough and I don't need a company telling me to eat their balls to make it more interesting for me. B&J spent too much time smoking dope and not watching over their employees.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post09-30-2011 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

That is a classic skit from an iconic American television show that's been around for decades. It appears you're calling most of the Americans (and worldwide audience, for that matter) who have enjoyed not only that skit but all of Saturday Night Live "...stupid, childish, and low-brow..."

Perhaps you should rethink your position? You're certainly not earning any points from me, and I suspect many others here as well...
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadDirect Link to This Post
lol

[This message has been edited by InTheLead (edited 09-30-2011).]

spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
“You Will Never Go Broke Underestimating the Intelligence of the American Public” – PT Barnum Or (HL Mencken)

Just another facet of the race to the bottom.
(Double entendre)

[This message has been edited by spark1 (edited 09-30-2011).]

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
I swear, anyone offended by that is so uptight it would take a team of mules to pull a needle from their ass.

[This message has been edited by Taijiguy (edited 09-30-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
photo not behaving. my bad. lol

[This message has been edited by htexans1 (edited 09-30-2011).]

User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post09-30-2011 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Let the customers speak though. .

That there is the key. If they made a mistake the stuff wont sell. if it sells, well, then they didn't.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

That is a classic skit from an iconic American television show that's been around for decades. It appears you're calling most of the Americans (and worldwide audience, for that matter) who have enjoyed not only that skit but all of Saturday Night Live "...stupid, childish, and low-brow..."

Perhaps you should rethink your position? You're certainly not earning any points from me, and I suspect many others here as well...

Yes, I have seen South Park, and I enjoyed the show, but I expect that from them, not Ben & Jerry's. As for points from you, what does that have to do with my opinion of this? You have an opinion and I have an opinion. In fact, you have said things in the past which I don't agree with, but I didn't call you out on your opinion, isn't that the point of an opinion? Why should I "rethink my position"? What is wrong with my position? Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it is wrong.

As for B&J, it is up to the customers to tell them what they should do and I am saying that I believe it is in poor taste to name the product the way they did. Call it funny, but I call it a lame attempt at riding the coat tails of South Park... it is not necessary or even appropriate for their product. But hey, it is their product, I don't have to support them.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spark1:

Just another facet of the race to the bottom.
(Double entendre)

Wouldn't that be "a race to the middle?"
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

The world, it is exciting enough and I don't need a company telling me to eat their balls to make it more interesting for me. B&J spent too much time smoking dope and not watching over their employees.

Ben and Jerry have nothing to do with the decisions of that company anymore. They were edged out by a corporate takeover in 2000 because the board members and investors wanted to be richer. When the "dope smokers who did not watch their employees" WERE in charge of the company, it was more "wholesome" than it is now.

Now Considering your past stances on union vs. non union, and corporations and stockholders making all the money because "they invested", you should not be upset at all about the corporate dictations of Ben and Jerry's in an effort to make the most for their stockholders they can. And its working, this flavor is FLYING off the shelves.

I don't know how you can be unhappy about this.. is it not a manifest destiny in the name of money and capitalism? And who exactly is getting hurt by it besides the sensibilities of a bunch of overprotective stay at home busy-bodies who need to get a job?

Sorry you are offended, I am offended by stuff every day in this world... this does not offend me. I think no less of you because of this, as others might imply, but I DO think your energies for outrage could be put into something more useful.

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:
Ben and Jerry have nothing to do with the decisions of that company anymore. They were edged out by a corporate takeover in 2000 because the board members and investors wanted to be richer. When the "dope smokers who did not watch their employees" WERE in charge of the company, it was more "wholesome" than it is now.

Now Considering your past stances on union vs. non union, and corporations and stockholders making all the money because "they invested", you should not be upset at all about the corporate dictations of Ben and Jerry's in an effort to make the most for their stockholders they can. And its working, this flavor is FLYING off the shelves.

I don't know how you can be unhappy about this.. is it not a manifest destiny in the name of money and capitalism? And who exactly is getting hurt by it besides the sensibilities of a bunch of overprotective stay at home busy-bodies who need to get a job?

Sorry you are offended, I am offended by stuff every day in this world... this does not offend me. I think no less of you because of this, as others might imply, but I DO think your energies for outrage could be put into something more useful.

Companies, just like people, should be held at higher standards than they currently are. I am not going to protest at B&J, as that is not a good use of my time. But people here are so used to vulgar language now, that companies will just put it on their products??? Maybe we should just start changing our avatars and put nude photos in there? Or maybe crude drawings? How about our user names? Should we start using vulgar language there? I don't think Cliff would allow it and I don't think the majority of users would either.

So, the product is "flying of the shelf"? Really? Well, I guess we have a lot of people that base their food decision on cheap marketing tricks rather than taste. The dumbing down of America continues. The product is not new, the flavor isn't unique.... it is just a marketing ploy based on a cartoon.... sad. At least they should have made the flavor the same as the name, otherwise it is false advertising.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
So I guess they need an adult flavors menu.
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

sigh.... well, maybe we should let kids buy **** ? Or how about we start naming products after any vulgar word. What is the harm? ... lighten up.

As for the goose step comment... really, is that what you think the Nazis were all about?

Dude,. your soo freakin' uptight that you want to deprive me of the freedom to make the choice for myself, if you don't like it, don't look, watch, read , buy, ect. Don't begin to tell me what's right of wrong, I have the right to determine that on my own, freedom isn't just about what you like, you have to tolerate the things you don't like out of respect for those that do.

Joe
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

Dude,. your soo freakin' uptight that you want to deprive me of the freedom to make the choice for myself, if you don't like it, don't look, watch, read , buy, ect. Don't begin to tell me what's right of wrong, I have the right to determine that on my own, freedom isn't just about what you like, you have to tolerate the things you don't like out of respect for those that do.

Joe

Same here... how about you respect that there are people who don't want to see this? We have decency laws, are you against these also? I tolerate a lot of things. But it is sure funny how when someone doesn't agree with a few people here, their opinion is not given any respect. Why do you think I am up tight? You don't know me from anyone else in cyberspace. As for the product name, it is not related to the taste. If they change the name, you still get the same product. You still have a choice, nothing has changed.
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

<snip> Why do you think I am up tight? <snip>

The question that answers itself.
PFF
System Bot
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Same here... how about you respect that there are people who don't want to see this? We have decency laws, are you against these also? I tolerate a lot of things. But it is sure funny how when someone doesn't agree with a few people here, their opinion is not given any respect. Why do you think I am up tight? You don't know me from anyone else in cyberspace. As for the product name, it is not related to the taste. If they change the name, you still get the same product. You still have a choice, nothing has changed.

If you don't want to see it don't look, you have the right to not look, you know that, right? This isn't about supposed decency issues, it's about taste, just because you find it offensive doesn't make it indecent, if the label had a sack on it, then it'd be indecent, it's a tounge in cheek thing that some people just don't get. the fact that you don't get it makes me think your wound just a little bit to tight.

Joe
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Companies, just like people, should be held at higher standards than they currently are. I am not going to protest at B&J, as that is not a good use of my time. But people here are so used to vulgar language now, that companies will just put it on their products??? Maybe we should just start changing our avatars and put nude photos in there? Or maybe crude drawings? How about our user names? Should we start using vulgar language there? I don't think Cliff would allow it and I don't think the majority of users would either.

So, the product is "flying of the shelf"? Really? Well, I guess we have a lot of people that base their food decision on cheap marketing tricks rather than taste. The dumbing down of America continues. The product is not new, the flavor isn't unique.... it is just a marketing ploy based on a cartoon.... sad. At least they should have made the flavor the same as the name, otherwise it is false advertising.

I think you missed my point just so you could have an angry retort. I allow you your anger and outrage, you are entitled. I think there are better things to complain about in this world, but thats your business. Sorry if you feel I was trying to be some contrarian looking for a reaction. It was an honest reply to your post, not reaching out just to be a jerk.

It seems to me from your response about avatars you think your point of view is the only one that should be valid for all of us. Thanks for trying to make my decision on morality for me.

By the by, my username has been deplored and made fun of in crude fashion here, I have been insulted and despised for nothing more than my point of view and I have also returned in kind. What kind of high ideal are you hoping to find on PFF? *shakes head* You want something for us all that you should only be worrying about for yourself. While I appreciate your ideals of wholesomeness, I can't help but think it really comes from a desire to dictate to others what they should believe and feel about this.

And also.. the name is not directly vulgar. It uses no cuss words.. "balls" can be used as a slang term for testicles, but does not outright say it. It is a play on words, just as Phish Food is. Do you believe that ice cream should taste like tetra-flakes or something? Should chunky munky taste like fat ape flesh? Do you protest the term "Rock and Roll" because as you should know by now, that slang is actually for having sex?

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 09-30-2011).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

I think you missed my point just so you could have an angry retort. I allow you your anger and outrage, you are entitled. I think there are better things to complain about in this world, but thats your business. Sorry if you feel I was trying to be some contrarian looking for a reaction. It was an honest reply to your post, not reaching out just to be a jerk.

It seems to me from your response about avatars you think your point of view is the only one that should be valid for all of us. Thanks for trying to make my decision on morality for me.

By the by, my username has been deplored and made fun of in crude fashion here, I have been insulted and despised for nothing more than my point of view and I have also returned in kind. What kind of high ideal are you hoping to find on PFF? *shakes head* You want something for us all that you should only be worrying about for yourself. While I appreciate your ideals of wholesomeness, I can't help but think it really comes from a desire to dictate to others what they should believe and feel about this.

Well, I for one, never thought anything of your username, but I guess I don't think that way.

I didn't say that my point of view is the only one. But I am told that thinking this way is wrong and that others think I am wrong also. That would be Jazzman's words. I am not telling you to buy or not buy anything. I am stating that I am not in support of this product or the company. I do believe that society has gotten to the point that shock value is the only thing that sells. Well, where do we go from here? I am also telling everyone why I believe this. Feel free to buy what you want, when you want, etc.... it is your dollar. But don't tell me that I should "chill out" or I am "up tight" about this, as I have the same right to express my opinion about this as everyone else. Just because I don't subscribe to the mob mentality, doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion.

Oh, as for the avatar.... have you seen the forum rules related to this type of language and action? "The forum software automatically censors some 4-letter words (and even some 5- and 6-letter words). Don't try to circumvent it. We all know what you mean with "you svck" (actually, "suck" isn't censored of course, but you get my point). " It isn't just my point of view, it is a rule of the forum, which everyone agrees upon by using this forum, including you.

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Well, I for one, never thought anything of your username, but I guess I don't think that way.

Never said you did. You have to understand though, by now, that there are those that do. And they are prevalent posters here. And they have not been removed for their monkeying with the rules. If we are gonna talk about the rules for vulgarity and how PFF's program censors it, should we not observe that it has done nothing in regards to "Scwetty Balls" every time ithas been typed? Maybe its not that vulgar unless your mind makes it so.

I didn't say that my point of view is the only one. But I am told that thinking this way is wrong and that others think I am wrong also. That would be Jazzman's words. I am not telling you to buy or not buy anything. I am stating that I am not in support of this product or the company. I do believe that society has gotten to the point that shock value is the only thing that sells. Well, where do we go from here? I am also telling everyone why I believe this. Feel free to buy what you want, when you want, etc.... it is your dollar. But don't tell me that I should "chill out" or I am "up tight" about this, as I have the same right to express my opinion about this as everyone else. Just because I don't subscribe to the mob mentality, doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion.

Well, I did not espouse that opinion. I will always allow you to believe what you want without real criticism... I just think there are better, more pressing matters out there that need our attention than this play on words. Real issues... I feel this isnt one. But that is MY opinion.

Oh, as for the avatar.... have you seen the forum rules related to this type of language and action? "The forum software automatically censors some 4-letter words (and even some 5- and 6-letter words). Don't try to circumvent it. We all know what you mean with "you svck" (actually, "suck" isn't censored of course, but you get my point). " It isn't just my point of view, it is a rule of the forum, which everyone agrees upon by using this forum, including you.

Did I? *confused*

Anyway, I gotta go to work. "To be continued" I am sure..

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 09-30-2011).]

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

"To be continued" I am sure..

LOL, no doubt.

Joe

spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Wouldn't that be "a race to the middle?"

You are technically correct, but I have lower grammatical standards.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Do you protest the term "Rock and Roll" because as you should know by now, that slang is actually for having sex?

Attaboy, Tbone! A man that knows his music history!!

You can thank Trixie Smith (a Bessie Smith imitator) for that. In 1922, she did a song "My Man Rocks Me With One Steady Roll" and from that point on, the term was used as a synonym for sex in American Black market "race records."
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

There was no need to call for a boycott in the first place, because there is no way in Hell I'm eating anything called Schweddy Balls!

Jim

Whats the matter Jim, you afraid you'll never be able to go back?
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Since I'm not much of an ice cream fan, I'd prefer these...

Most of the things that make me laugh would likely offend someone else and vice versa.

There must be something more constructive "One Million Moms" together can do if they put their minds to it.

Awesome!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock