Started on: 06-16-2011 01:30 AM
Replies: 92
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 06-20-2011 07:33 PM
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
People are flipping cars, looting stores, trashing towns, all over the Canucks losing.

Why do people riot? I just dont understand.

http://www.huffingtonpost.c...s-2011_n_877924.html

------------------

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 06-16-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Sore loosers?

I don't 'think" they'll declare war on us, but ya never know--they evidently take this pretty seriously.
Maybe the Pentagon should up the DefCon status???????
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Sore loosers?

I don't 'think" they'll declare war on us, but ya never know--they evidently take this pretty seriously.
Maybe the Pentagon should up the DefCon status???????

LoL,

Riots never make sense to me. But sports riots are the most ridiculous ever. Like really, your going to trash your whole town, maybe get hurt, killed, or end up in jail because your team lost or won a game? Really? Seriously? That what makes you want to destroy people stuff? A silly game?
crazyd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:
Riots never make sense to me. But sports riots are the most ridiculous ever. Like really, your going to trash your whole town, maybe get hurt, killed, or end up in jail because your team lost or won a game? Really? Seriously? That what makes you want to destroy people stuff? A silly game?

Um, have you ever heard of the Oakland Raiders?
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by crazyd:

Um, have you ever heard of the Oakland Raiders?

Oh I know, I wasn't implying riots are a Canada thing. We get plenty of them here in California. Every time I just roll my eyes.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelDirect Link to This Post
Aren't like all the players on the Bruins pretty much Canadians anyway..?
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

The bastards doing that sh!t weren't hockey fans. They were f*cking criminals taking advantage of the situation.

I can't say how disgusted I am to see something like this occur in my city.

More of my comments can be seen in the hockey thread Here.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-16-2011).]

crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post

Oh I know, I wasn't implying riots are a Canada thing. We get plenty of them here in California. Every time I just roll my eyes.

A lot of people get their own self-esteem wrapped up in their chosen sports team's success or failure. It's great when the successes are greater than the failures, but if it goes the other way, next thing you know - this happens. The British and South Americans really go nuts over soccer games.
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
Its only hockey for gods sake lol who cares
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
Imagine if they had won!

Jim
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

The bastards doing that sh!t weren't hockey fans. They were f*cking criminals taking advantage of the situation.

I can't say how disgusted I am to see something like this occur in my city.

More of my comments can be seen in the hockey thread Here.

Oh they were more than fans. They were fanatical fans that were drunk. Drugs make people stupid and in turn they do stupid things. No matter where they live.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Sore losers?

Actually, I'm pretty sure the same thing would have happened had they WON...

You have a huge drunken crowd, all it takes is one thug (who likely wasn't even watching the game)
to smash a window and the herd mentality kicks in once they hear that sound...

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 06-16-2011).]

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Direct Link to This Post
I'm glad there's a stretch of water between me and those riots. None of it spilled over here, thankfully. And i agree with a previous post...what a stupid thing to riot over.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
I don't think it really has anything to do with the sports, really...

You have certain individuals who are disturbed, sociopathic, and probably very immature. It doesn't take much for them to get "worked up." A few beers, a lost championship...

You get 1 or two of them together that start to assemble in the street and they begin vandalizing. Mentality of the masses is to congregate where the "action is" to see what's going to happen... for example... like in Elementary School when kids scream "fight, fight, fight..." everyone runs over to see what's going on... or as adults, the battle of Bull Run.

The overwhelming vast majority of people there are just hanging around because of the excitement about what's going on. The less mature of the group will follow the select few sociopaths who start the vandalism... (IE: assisting in knocking over a car). When you watch vandalism due to riots, you always see a common theme... the people doing the vandalism have blank stares... their conciousness seems absent.

As a fellow Crown Victoria owner... that top picture doesn't sit well with me.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Instead of tear gas, the police should have used buckshot. A buch of idiots need a dose of reality. It is a friggen game. Win or lose lets destroy the nieghborhood.

If some get hit, you'll know who to charge and fine to pay for damages.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I've seen fans act like that here in the US, and that was after winning!

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 06-16-2011).]

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
I'm surprised that nobody has pointed out the obvious. They are all college kids.. aka rebels that are taught to defy authority.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
Vancouver is such a beautiful city too. Its sad to see such behavior from those people. When I was in that town, the people were so nice and friendly (1997/8)

As for LA, I saw those riots, in person. It wasn't fun.
crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:
Oh they were more than fans. They were fanatical fans that were drunk. Drugs make some people stupid and in turn some of them do stupid things and others follow suit.

FTFY
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:
Actually, I'm pretty sure the same thing would have happened had they WON...

You have a huge drunken crowd, all it takes is one thug (who likely wasn't even watching the game)
to smash a window and the herd mentality kicks in once they hear that sound...

...pretty much agree, this would have happened had they won - there is that certain element of people inthe world that do crap like this and only need any little excuse to do it...
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post06-16-2011 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
People that riot and tear their own stuff up are stupid. Mob mentality and lack of thinking.
PFF
System Bot
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
Rest of the world please take note: Not all of us Canadians are a bunch of savages like those in Vancouver. Scratch this dump off the places I ever want to visit again, what bloody embarrassment to our country.

Enjoy cleaning up after ouryourselves, you bloody idiots.

[This message has been edited by loafer87gt (edited 06-16-2011).]

loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post

loafer87gt

5480 posts
Member since Aug 99
By the way, if you are on Facebook, check out the group "Photos of Vancouver Riot Pics: Post Your Photos." Gives you a good look at the face of Vancouver and the citizens living in this hell hole.

[This message has been edited by loafer87gt (edited 06-16-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Finally, it's not black people this time around rioting because of the actions of the police department killing some black person on video. Now why are they rioting again-they lost, right? Yeah, that make real good sense. However, the Canadians might be viewed as sore loosers, but Los Angelians are Plain Stupid! They riot when they win. Although, I did see some of the riot police clubing one dude like he was a baby seal.
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
It’s ironic that there are more Canadians on the Boston team than on Vancouver’s.

Proving once again that the best team money can buy usually wins.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-16-2011 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Loafer... Excellent analogy.

It is the weak that follows the strong. Riot mentality is a temporary disease, that affects many, but began by few. I am proud to be an "A" personality, it allows me not to be a follower of the masses.

Tony
JazzMan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-16-2011 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Mob mentality. Classic case.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loafer87gt:

Gives you a good look at the face of Vancouver and the citizens living in this hell hole.

Rest of the world please take note: Not all of us Canadians are a bunch of savages like those in Vancouver. Scratch this dump off the places I ever want to visit again, what bloody embarrassment to our country.

Enjoy cleaning up after ouryourselves, you bloody idiots.

You're more f*cked up than I ever imagined.

I was disgusted, ashamed, angered and embarrassed by what I saw occur here last night... but to label all Vancouverites as "a bunch of savages" and "bloody idiots" and to call this beautiful city a "hell hole" and a "dump" only demonstrates what a total ignoramus you really are. All you ever post about here at PFF is how much you dislike Canada and Canadians. Where the hell are you originally from anyway? You must be having an orgasm over this golden opportunity to bad mouth Vancouver. (For anyone who's not familiar with this swollen member, loafer87gt is a sullen miserable prick who suffers from the most acute case of penis envy in all of Canada.)

We had the world here last year for a glorious two week period during the 2010 Winter Olympics and there were no problems with crowd unruliness. There were no problems at the Olympics because the police were prepared during that stretch for the large numbers of hooligans and criminals which populate every major urban center. For whatever reason, the police screwed up big time here last night. I suspect the bean counters in charge convinced city council that having relatively low numbers of police on hand to casually "meet and greet" 100,000 riled up people in the downtown core was somehow going to keep a lid on things. It didn't.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-16-2011).]

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Riots in Canada!

I thought this thread was going to be about the spread of Arab Spring.
But I guess it's safe to say Arabs don't play hockey.
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post

By the way, if you are on Facebook, check out the group "Photos of Vancouver Riot Pics: Post Your Photos." Gives you a good look at the face of Vancouver and the citizens living in this hell hole.

Loafer, that comment was uncalled for. Every city has low life criminals. Vancouver is a beautiful and prosperous city.

Not good at all sir.
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
PIPE DOWN UP THERE or we'll be forced to find a new hat!

We civilized American's don't have these silly problems...

PFF
System Bot
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
Poor crowd control and a bunch of idiots that start and participate in such things, sad but it happens often and all over the world.

I thought the crowd in the stadium were very very respectful after losing such a heartbreaker. Those were the true representatives of Vancouver and the Canucks organization.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
No Fieros were burned during this riot.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

I'm surprised that nobody has pointed out the obvious. They are all college kids.. aka rebels that are taught to defy authority.

Where do you get the idea that these low-life scumbags are all "college kids"? I suspect you're being much too generous with your assesment of their mental potential.

Man oh man, I wish the store owners could've been picking off these bastards with shotguns as they came through the smashed windows to loot.

It's scary to think what would happen to "civilized" society if for any reason there wasn't some sort of police force to maintain a semblance of order.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
Heh... there's a big post on CrownVic.NET under the "Lizard Lounge" forum. You can't view it until you register, but they're all pissed because the two cars that were burned and trashed in most of the videos / shots are Crown Victorias... hahaha...

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

... the two cars that were burned and trashed in most of the videos / shots are Crown Victorias

Those were two police cars. Last report I heard, 16 vehicles were destroyed.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Those were two police cars. Last report I heard, 16 vehicles were destroyed.

See, that's why I never like to drive my car into a city, I'd rather use the subway or metro-rail or something...

loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post

Welcome to scenic Vancouver, enjoy your stay! The one person who tried to stop the rampaging mobs promptly gets his ass handed to him by the mobs at the 3 minute mark. Looks like the city needs a military presence to keep its residents in line, not just the police!
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
How come there are no riots when taxes and gas prices shoot way up?

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Welcome to scenic Vancouver, enjoy your stay! The one person who tried to stop the rampaging mobs promptly gets his ass handed to him by the mobs at the 3 minute mark. Looks like the city needs a military presence to keep its residents in line, not just the police!

Wow man... nothing at all in that video makes any sense. You can see there's a hand-ful of people trying to stop it... but the majority of the crowd seems intent on screwing things up... it's really a shame because I thought it was the opposite. I figured there were a few people who caused all the problems, but it looks like there were only a few people who tried to STOP it, while the majority of the other guys just tried to get in on the vandalism. That guy really got his ass kicked... he looked REALLY, REALLY hurt. Whenever a person goes into the fetal position... you know they're ****ed up. That dude in the yellow is a good man for jumping right in there and trying to break it up.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock