Started on: 05-09-2011 12:27 AM
Replies: 62
Last post by: Boondawg on 05-11-2011 10:38 PM
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
My friends go out hunting and fishing. But I couldn't stand to kill anything. I understand killing to survive. And if my life was in danger or was starving I would kill with out a doubt. But to kill for a sport just doesn't seem right to me. I don't even like killing bugs. I will take bugs I find in my house and move them outside. Don't get wrong I am not a vegan or anything. I still enjoy eating meat. But I just don't want to be the one to do the killing.

So I have a huge value in life and living creatures. So does that make me a pussy?

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
OKflyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
If that makes you a pussy, then I guess I am one, too. I want to learn to hunt, but just for the skill set, not as a hobby.

I also get crap for not giving a sh?t about professional sports. Yeah, I know guys are supposed to love sports and talk about them at every opportunity, but I just don't give a sh?t. When I'm with a bunch of armchair quarterbacks (almost ALL of my Air Force unit, for example) and they start talking sports, my eyes practically glazed over...

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 05-09-2011).]

Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

So I have a huge value in life and living creatures. So does that make me a pussy?

No, you are not a pussy.

I don't think you value life as much as you think though. A hunter or fisherman goes out into the wild to get their meal. They see the animal in its natural state. Every hunter and fisherman that I know has a great appreciation for wildlife and the wilderness. Also, just because a hunter or fisherman goes out to hunt or fish, that doesn't mean they will come home with anything. The animals have a real chance to get away and they often do. How many cows or chickens have a chance to get away?

How much appreciation can a person have that only sees their meat and fish in tidy shrink wrapped packages in the supermarket or already cooked and prepared in a meal? People used to have a closer relationship with their meals. I think that is why supermarkets can now get away with selling such bland foods.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by OKflyboy:

If that makes you a pussy, then I guess I am one, too. I want to learn to hunt, but just for the skill set, not as a hobby.

I also get crap for not giving a sh?t about professional sports. Yeah, I know guys are supposed to love sports and talk about it at every opportunity, but I just don't give a sh?t. When I'm with a bunch of armchair quarterbacks (almost ALL of my Air Force unit, for example) and they start talking sports, my eyes practically glazed over...

I know exactly what you mean!! I can't stand pro sports. Whats funny is my girlfriend will sit down and watch baseball on TV, and I will be bored out of my mind.
1fatcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fatcatSend a Private Message to 1fatcatDirect Link to This Post
We do farm cows you know? So every delicious cheeseburger is from an animal. Nothing wrong with hunting as long as you use what you kill. There is a bit to know about it though and not all have time, but hunting should be taken seriously, not as a sport. I know too many people that like to hunt with alcohol, and usually wounding and loosing two dear before finally killing a third. Personally, I would find it pretty hard to make a kill shot with a few beers in me. Nothing wrong with not hunting either.
Terrible Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Terrible TomSend a Private Message to Terrible TomDirect Link to This Post
When I was about 11, I shot a sparrow with a bb gun. The bird died in my hands. Although I love to shoot and have a number of guns, as well as enjoy a burger or venison steak as much as anybody, I will never shoot at an animal again. Some of my best friends are hunters and I enjoy their "game dinners", but I just can't pull the trigger myself.

Tom

[This message has been edited by Terrible Tom (edited 05-09-2011).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2011 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
My Pappy always told me, "You are what you eat."....
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
Just think of yourself as a king. You have the plebeians killing your food for you.

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

My Pappy always told me, "You are what you eat."....

Oh gawd... that makes me a fish. I don't like fishy people.

Hmm. Also, no, however, indeed.

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 05-09-2011).]

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Terrible Tom:

When I was about 11, I shot a sparrow with a bb gun. The bird died in my hands. Although I love to shoot and have a number of guns, as well as enjoy a burger or venison steak as much as anybody, I will never shoot at an animal again. Some of my best friends are hunters and I enjoy their "game dinners", but I just can't pull the trigger myself.

Tom

Tom when I was 18 my friends and I went out shooting one day. We were walking along a dirt road when we came upon a tree with a little bird in it. My friend aimed his 12 gauge at the bird from 5 feet away and shot it. Of course there wasn't much left. It made me sick. My other friends laughed, I said he was a a$$hole . It still bothers me. I love shooting at targets, but nothing living.

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 05-09-2011).]

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
imo, no, you're not. Killed a few animals w/ a BB gun when I was a kid, and the last one (a woodpecker was in a tree, making the knock knock knockin' wound, I couldn't see him, but I heard him, and fired. The knocking stopped, and he fell out of the tree dead - shot him in the head. I ran to check it out, and I just thought "what a godd@mn waste"...

I don't get pleasure from killing animals. I DO enjoy Bluefishing, but I do eat them after I catch 'em.
I also enjoy target shootin' , but nothing living...

OKflyboy - I'm not that into sports, either, and it used to make for some strained conversations, till people realized I'm not that into followin' them. I DO enjoy an occasional game, especially if the food and company is good...
PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
We've grown up with animals as pets/companions. That makes it tougher to kill.

Besides, you have a DeLorean.
datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
You sir, are a pussy..

A pussy wimpy sissy mama's boy.

Your man card has been revoked for being a jackwagon resident of yellow hating mamby pamby land!

As a result of being a wimpy sissy girly pussy boy, you must immediately and without prejudice turn over the contents of your garage to me.

Have a nice day
Racing_Master

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racing_MasterSend a Private Message to Racing_MasterDirect Link to This Post
Nope! You are not a pussy! I am very similar. I own a gun, and I only target shoot. I only have it for the zompocalypse... shooting zombies wont bother me, they are already dead, but shooting living animals... I get angry. Basically if it wasn't illegal, if someone shot an animal for the fun of it, I would shoot them for the fun of it. Eye for an eye ya know. I love for and care for animals, wild and domestic. I eat meat, and I agree to killing to eat and survive (and chicken tastes gooooood, so does cow) but shooting a little bird or squirrel bothers me. Plus taxidermy is kind of creepy >_>; imagine... having a random human stuffed and on display in your house :P. I dunno, but then again, I might be a pussy as well
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

I can't stand pro sports.

Might as well slap a pair of tits on ya and give you a kitchen aid for christmas....
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
i dont mind fishing but i usually throw them back... I'm not much of an animal killing kinda dude...
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 05:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Might as well slap a pair of tits on ya and give you a kitchen aid for christmas....

LOL
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
No. There Are a few here, but you aren't one.

------------------

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 05-09-2011).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

I don't even like killing bugs. I will take bugs I find in my house and move them outside.

Well, that is a little extreme but it's not what makes you a pussy .... i kid, i kid ....

Originally posted by cliffw:
Does This Make Me a Dick?
No, it's not that. Guess again.
j/k j/k,

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

KitchenAid make amazing kitchen appliances. I would gladly accept one for Christmas.

As far as the OP, no, I don't consider you a pussy for the lack of wanting to kill a living animal. As far as the pro sports go, I watch the NFL because I see it as a fast paced game of chess. Something about the strategy reset after every play tickles my logic center.
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post
No, D, your not a pussy.. I feel the same way..

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

No, you are not a pussy.

I don't think you value life as much as you think though. A hunter or fisherman goes out into the wild to get their meal. They see the animal in its natural state. Every hunter and fisherman that I know has a great appreciation for wildlife and the wilderness.

Where do you live? lol.. Little house on the Prairie? lol.. Maby back in the day Pa Ingles hunted and fished for food, but this is 2012 in America.. lol.. Come down to Alabama sometime.. The "good ole boys" down here DO NOT hunt for food.. Its either for a trophy, or if its not big enough for that, its left out in the woods to rot.. Im sure some hunters hunt for food still these days. Venesin comes to mind.. But how many people actually "need" to hunt in order too survive in our country.. Probably not that many.

PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
All that REALLY matters in this world is, Does SHE think you're a pussy?

Her opinion is the only one you should ever be concerned about. Friends, bosses, strangers, etc...? Bah. As long as your woman thinks your're 'fly', you're golden.

"rubyredretard?" LOL
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutDirect Link to This Post

So does that make me a pussy?

NO. But if someone came up to you and slapped you on the face and you did nothing, that would.....

Kevin

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:
I'm sure some hunters hunt for food still these days. Venesin comes to mind.. But how many people actually "need" to hunt in order too survive in our country.. Probably not that many.

Jonesy, many may not need to but, it is a sport for some to hunt and also supplement their food stock. Have you ever seen venison it the supermarket ? I have wondered why that not is. Also, hunting is an important form of game management, which is also needed.
Heh, hunting. It is big business in my area. I laugh though at then trouble and expense that many go through to hunt. We even joke around here asking if the are hunting for two or four legged deer/dear. Myself, I have no interest in it. Nor in fishing (do you fish Delorean?) though I have a lake place and am close to many rivers and the Gulf of Mexico. To me, it is work. The same could be said for boating and camping I guess.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2011 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
_ That makes me a vagina also!

Tony

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Yup. It makes you a giant gaping cavernous vajajay. I keed, I keed.

On the farm I remember a period of time that we lived entirely off of hunting and home grown stuff because the farm wasn't doing well. As such, I have no problem killing an animal for food. And as someone said earlier you REALLY appreciate the meal when you kill, clean, and cook it yourself. Hell, we raised a few deer on that farm we found injured. Probably shot them a few years later though. O.o

I'm not the kill for joy type either, but I loooooooove deer meat. And for the record, I feed captured bugs to our tree frog. Or squish, whichever meets my needs.
tmur115

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tmur115Send a Private Message to tmur115Direct Link to This Post
I would think not, just because your beliefs don't allow you to randomly kill, don't make you any less of a man... not watching sports? bah? now if you said you like "Soaps"? well... on the other hand, i have killed and eaten a LOT of "Gods" creatures... 99% don't taste as good as chicken or beef, but there is a reason... we raise them to "taste good" and no rattlesnake does not taste"like chicken"...

=todd=

[This message has been edited by tmur115 (edited 05-09-2011).]

Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
I just wish you phrased the topic as "does this make me a pussy" I almost thought this was my first tribute thread.
Anyway I don't think it means you're pussy, you're friend who shot a bird point blank maybe a psychopath though.
Not liking baseball doesn't make you a pussy either. It makes you a commie.
1fatcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fatcatSend a Private Message to 1fatcatDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

Where do you live? lol.. Little house on the Prairie? lol.. Maby back in the day Pa Ingles hunted and fished for food, but this is 2012 in America.. lol.. Come down to Alabama sometime.. The "good ole boys" down here DO NOT hunt for food.. Its either for a trophy, or if its not big enough for that, its left out in the woods to rot.. Im sure some hunters hunt for food still these days. Venesin comes to mind.. But how many people actually "need" to hunt in order too survive in our country.. Probably not that many.

It's not 2012 yet. Some people hunt for food because they can. You can get a lot of meat for the price of a bullet vs. the price at your local grocery store. Those "good ole boys" that hunt for a trophy, but kill smaller than they want and then let it rot in the woods....that's just sick. That's killing just for the hell of it. Those are NOT real hunters. Either that, or they don't know how to hunt. If you see an animal in your sights, you SHOULD be able to judge it's size BEFORE you pull the trigger. One BIG rule in hunting, KNOW what your shooting at. This is a good example of the "hunting with alcohol" statement I made earlier.

A GOOD hunter never takes a wasteful shot. They are looking for a clean kill shot and only shooting at something they KNOW they want. Not something that might be big enough.

I've seen it happen. Guy takes a shot at the first thing that moves, then finds out he killed a baby. Then decides, "I'll just leave this one rot and go kill a bigger one".

Just think, if bullets were controlled and not guns, there would be a lot less wastefull killing.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Killing for food is different than killing for sport. I never kill for sport, well I do kill animals that are eating Melanie’s crops when I am told to by the boss. Then I guess you could consider it sport, I don’t.

There is no reason to kill for a trophy in my eyes. Trophy animals are generally older and not as tasty as younger animals that I would kill for venison.

What you do as far as hunting is your personal choice. But if you chose not to that is also your choice. And doesn’t make you any less of a man or a pussy as you said. So in my eyes you ain’t no pussy. Or less of a man.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg: My Pappy always told me, "You are what you eat."....

Hey, that was MY line!

PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2011 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
It always seems strange to me that there are some people who are all for killing someone who is stealing their car stereo but against killing a rattlesnake.
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
I only skimmed the thread and your post OP, but from what I saw...

Short answer? Definitely not.

Long answer?

IMHO, hunting for sport is wrong. Hunting for food and survival, definitely OK. The only way I could even BEGIN to advocate sport hunting is if it were legal to hunt human beings for sport as well as our 4 legged animal counterparts.

Man is just another animal. So if we are allowed to hunt other animals, then why can't we hunt other men? If one hunts another man for "sport", its considered murder. Take that even further: Since man is just another animal, then hunting our other non-"human" animal brethren should be considered murder as well, unless in self defense or for food.

Pardon me for bringing religion into this, but these 2 statements are what I base my theory/ideas off of:

From the 9 Satanic Statements:

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!

And from the 11 Satanic Rules of the Earth:

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
------------------
****Disclaimer****: For those of you politically correct so-and-so's, who have to crap on everyone's parade, the above post was made entirely in jest, as are most of my posts. Life is too short to take things so seriously, and as such, I will not spend valuable time or energy arguing semantics, politics, religion, etc. when I can utilize that energy for something more constructive.

As the author of the above post, I do not suggest that you commit or participate in such actions (in the event that the above post suggests any actions/activities), unless of your own free will or character. That is all, now bugger off.

"I AM A SATANIST! BOW DOWN, FOR I AM THE HIGHEST
EMBODIMENT OF HUMAN LIFE!"

"I am not going to sit on my ass as the events that affect me unfold to determine the course of my life. I’m going to take a stand. I’m going to defend it. Right or wrong, I’m going to defend it."

"It’s only after you’ve lost everything that you’re free to do anything."

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 05-09-2011).]

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

It always seems strange to me that there are some people who are all for killing someone who is stealing their car stereo but against killing a rattlesnake.

A rattlesnake won't steal your car stereo.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Needless, senseless type cruelty i am not for.
But I have hunted, and fished, and killed a skunk trying to move in where it should not... for example.
I have also felt pity for the worm dried up on the sidewalk.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne: Man is just another animal. So if we are allowed to hunt other animals, then why can't we hunt other men?

You can. But there is some red tape involved. It usually involves joining the military, a paramilitary group, or a law enforcement agency.
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

A rattlesnake won't steal your car stereo.

You've never been to the Tijuana then, have you

Sorry, bad joke...

Originally posted by Blacktree:

You can. But there is some red tape involved. It usually involves joining the military, a paramilitary group, or a law enforcement agency.

You missed my point That's not considered hunting.

When I say hunting human beings, I am reminded of a short story I read years back that I recently rediscovered called "The Most Dangerous Game" by Richard Connell. I highly recommend reading it if you haven't already

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 05-09-2011).]

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Apples and Oranges, my friend.

The Rattlesnake is acting on defensive instinct, the thief is making a conscious decision.

That said, growing up in the CA Sierra Nevada foothills and interacting with rattlesnakes on a weekly basis, I am for killing them at any opportunity - they are dangerous creatures. Yes they are acting on instinct but often times that instinct puts them in one's direct path.

However, I would not kill a thief unless he posed a direct threat to my life or the life of a loved one.

------------------
Read my Earthship thread in Totally O/T
si vis pacem, para bellum

"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams

What part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" is so hard to understand?!

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 05-09-2011).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

I agree with OKflyboy

My take,
Though I would not want to kill someone who stole a car stereo, seeing them brought to justice would be preferred over escaped. A rattlesnake compared to a human is farther than apples and oranges. Its a matter of will I supopse. A rattlesnake is pure instinct, a wild animal. This fits with the other thread "should an animal be put down for attacking a human", I would say only because now that they are in captivity, and have shown no fear twards a human by attacking, and may now be more prone to attack a human again, sadly they should be put down. But it is our doing not theirs, they are pure instinct. We asked for this by caging them. Still human life takes precedence.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 05-09-2011).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:

Man is just another animal. So if we are allowed to hunt other animals, then why can't we hunt other men? If one hunts another man for "sport", its considered murder. Take that even further: Since man is just another animal, then hunting our other non-"human" animal brethren should be considered murder as well, unless in self defense or for food.

Exactly why "man is just another animal", is false.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock