Anyone watching the FOX by NEPTUNE
Started on: 05-05-2011 08:38 PM
Replies: 56
Last post by: NEPTUNE on 12-13-2011 06:01 PM
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelDirect Link to This Post
Would be nice to see some actual competition for office, it's healthy for everyone.

[This message has been edited by Steel (edited 05-06-2011).]

IP: Logged
WhiteDevil88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post05-06-2011 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
My vote would be for Gary Johnson. I didn't watch the debate yet, but I like what I have heard from him so far, particularly his thoughts on immigration reform and ending the war on drugs. I also like the fact that his record in running clean campaigns. Of course, he hasn't got a chance in hell of winning, but I would love to see a Gary Johnson/Gabrielle Giffords split ticket.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
I listened to the debate in its entirety. Cain did not strike me as interesting at all during the debate. I was shocked when the focus group was almost unanimous for him. Then I realized this is not the first GOP debate, this is the debate of most hardcore right wing nut-job and that is why the Jesus radio personality won. I also think he got first crack at the ultimate softball question and nailed it. His answer was the first to bring up the Boeing situation. I think that one a lot of people over to him right away.
I wondered what kind of moderates they used in the focus group. Then I thought, well, who was the moderate candidate up there. I guess it was Gary Johnson, or whatever his name is, he didn't impress me much even though he probably suits me ideology wise.

Ron Paul made the most sense to me debate wise, he never has to back track because his philosophy is so consistent. He is just not smooth enough. Look out for his Rand Paul in the future though.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
I am wondering if it will be difficult to make up the amount of strictly race based votes, and votes of people looking for hand outs that are not feeling fulfilled. How many votes Obama had last time that he wont this time. Might all depend on immigration.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:

"90% of Californi (that is 30 million AMERICANS) is a joke and needs to go away."
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/079216.html

Hope that didn't take too much of your time.

That's not my Quote, that's your exaggeration of my quote. And I was answering your statement.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...HTML/079216.html#p19

We are a large portion of this nations economy and population.

No, no you are not. And even if you were, it would still not take away the fact that 90% of California is a bad joke that needs to go away.

California is probably the largest economic suck (not counting D.C.) in this country.

My original Quote originally meant that 90% of Californians, (including you) need to shut up at least, and move out of the Country if they hate it so much. The main part of that 90% would be illegal immigrants, the second part of the group would be the far left hate mongers-enviro-whacco's that make up so much of California. If anyone want's clarity on what I was saying they can ask. You are the only person here that I recall having an issue with it.

You are the only one saying that I was calling for their "demise".
Brad
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
Ok.. you didnt hear it from me.. but.. R candidate..
Chris Christie for Prez
Rubio/Jindal for VP

None of them are in the race yet.. so go ahead and bash Palin, Bachmann (woman haters??) or Pawlenty, Romney and Trump.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Uaana:

Ok.. you didnt hear it from me.. but.. R candidate..
Chris Christie for Prez
Rubio/Jindal for VP

None of them are in the race yet.. so go ahead and bash Palin, Bachmann (woman haters??) or Pawlenty, Romney and Trump.

I like Christie, but I don't think he's "ready" yet for the Presidency. His brash "tell it like it is" is awesome, but may rub many voters the wrong way.

Palin has lost any credibility she may have had with voters. I honestly can't say anything about Bachmann, as I don't know know anything about her.

I still think Trump running would mean a second term for President Obama.

Brad
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-06-2011 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

My original Quote originally meant that 90% of Californians, (including you) need to shut up at least, and move out of the Country if they hate it so much. The main part of that 90% would be illegal immigrants, the second part of the group would be the far left hate mongers-enviro-whacco's that make up so much of California. If anyone want's clarity on what I was saying they can ask. You are the only person here that I recall having an issue with it.

You are the only one saying that I was calling for their "demise".
Brad

No, that was pretty much a verbatim quote. Anyone can see that. However what is grossly distorted is your demographics. Where do you get the idea that 90% of Californians (again, 30 million Americans) "hate" this country to the point where you do not feel they have the right to exist, at least within our borders? Where have I claimed any hatred for my native nation? Or my fellow Americans? What gives you the right to judge what rights other American Citizens should be allowed? Nothing but your own hatred and bigotry.

I feel this tangent has served its purpose.
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
I think Mike Huckabee has the best chance of winning the nomination. I doubt that he or anyone can beat Obama. The incumbent has too much power for anyone to overcome unless there are extraordinary circumstances.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
I think BO may be facing the same extraordinary circumstances that Bush the elder faced. The economy is worse now then it ever was in '92.

Regarding the black R candidate. No he will not pull many black votes from Obama. Even if he is 100% vs BO's 50%, he will not be "black enough".
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

No, that was pretty much a verbatim quote. Anyone can see that.

I love those pretty much verbatim quote's. Doesn't take a lot of adding, or deleting to skew things out of proportion. I guess if I was a worthless part of society like you, I would return the favor.

Oh well.

Brad

PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

Um, that's spelled: NEPTUNE.

But it's pronounced TROLL.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-06-2011 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:
I love those pretty much verbatim quote's. Doesn't take a lot of adding, or deleting to skew things out of proportion. I guess if I was a worthless part of society like you, I would return the favor.

Oh well.

Brad

The only difference is I left out the adjective "bad", describing the kind of joke you seem to feel that over 30 million Americans are. I think it is obvious that I added the statistical information, there is no deception involved there. So your complaint is petty.

So, is that what you are claiming your moral superiority based on? Sketchy.

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2011 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
I agree almost completely with your list, but I would put Newt as a NO. He's a smart man, and I agree with a lot of what he says, but by no means does he look presidential. If you look at our past, almost all of our presidents have been strong in appearance, or charisma... Gingrich has neither. He's a frail hunched older man, and is by no means charismatic. He might make a good VP... but that's about it.

Sure, Newt is a very smart 'kid'.
You know, of course, that in almost every case (with the relatively recent, obvious exceptions of Agnew and Quayle) the vice president automatically becomes the Presidential nominee in the next election?
Should Romney choose Newt as his VP running mate, and win the election, then Gingrich would be the de facto nominee in the next election, assuming he is still healthy enough to run. (shudder).
BTW, I'm not too thrilled with the idea of Biden being the Democratic nominee in 2016, either.

Maybe somebody should start a thread about candidates for President in 2016?
I'm not gonna go there. Wouldn't be prudent.

------------------

Drive safely!

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 12-13-2011).]

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2011 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:
Maybe somebody should start a thread about candidates for President in 2016?
I'm not gonna go there. Wouldn't be prudent.

Why not, its a discuss-able thread subject, and I am sure debate there would be "fruitful"
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2011 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

My list of people and their chance of beating Obama in 2012 is as follows:

Caine = yes
West = yes
Daniels = yes
Pawlenty = yes
Trump = possibly
Romney = possibly
Huckabee = possibly
Gingrich = possibly
Johnson = no
Paul = no
Palin = no
Bachman = no
Santorum = no

Christi = clock cleaning if he were to run
Rubio = clock cleaning if he were to run

Cain = gone
West = hasn't declared and probably won't...the field ain't THAT weak
Daniels = gone
Pawlenty = may as well be gone....Tim WHO?
Trump = gimme a break
Romney = possibly...if anyone in this list has a decent shot
Huckabee = no better than VP
Gingrich = the longest of possible long shots
Johnson = no
Paul = no....either one
Palin = The Democratic Party's dream candidate....but no....the job don't pay enough for her.
Bachmann = In light of the "Cure the Gays" issue, the left would eat her alive
Santorum = See Bachmann
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2011 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Wow, I never realized you polled all 20,000+ members of this forum for their political preference. Did you send everyone a PM to do so? You do realize sending everyone a PM is considered spamming?

I was referring to CURRENT, ACTIVE members who post in the T/OT part of the forum.
(which anyone can see)
Certainly not the entire forum!
Sorry for the over generalization, Cliff.

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 12-13-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock