Started on: 04-15-2011 04:29 PM
Replies: 95
Last post by: cliffw on 06-30-2011 04:40 PM
Zeb

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post
Brennan, thanks for the update. I can't tell you what's in store for you from here on, but I can just be here in prayer with you and your family. You all are on the Prayer Chain here in New Jersey.

If I may digress for a moment to tell a story of standing in faith. My wife went through two difficult pregnancies, our son in 1986, he turned out fine. Our daughter in 1997, well, the doctors prepared us for the worst. "She may be impaired or retarded." She may be born with brain damage." "She may not make it al all." Through all this we, mainly my wife, simply refused to accept bad reports. Not that she didn't believe the warnings, or understand the severity. SHe, and I, just would not accept a bad outcome. My God doesn't work like that. "Thank you Doctor, but that's NOT going to happen. Yes, I understand the test results. But it will turn out the best way."

Whenever we discussed the issues, we recognized the risks, but said: they are possible risks, not fate. Some people got it, others didn't understand the distinction.

My wife went for one of her last visits to the doctor. He said, "We're taking the baby. Tomorrow." When she was born, she had an Apgar Score of zero. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apgar_score
A score of ten is a healthy baby. A score of zero is, basically, a dead baby. Through the, what seemed like hours, they worked on her, there were no bad confessions. Nobody said so much as "This isn't good." We stood on our faith that the Lord would NOT let that child die. Probably the hardest thing I've ever done was to shut my mouth, and keep my brain from so much as thinking any other alternative. When she first cried, I knew that prayers are answered more surely than if Jesus himself had shown up in the delivery room and said, "Dude, it okay. My Dad's got it covered." Despite spending a week in the Neonatal Intensive Care ward, she came home and grew into a happy, healthy, 13 year old girl.

You serve the God who created this universe from the words He spoke out of his mouth. Never forget just who He is, the extent of His power, and love for you.

What does Brennan Spencer Weems believe God will do for him? Not can do, but will do?

EDIT: Corrected the time in ICU, and my wife suggested: "Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks." I've no idea where that fits in, it's obviously for you, not me.

[This message has been edited by Zeb (edited 04-17-2011).]

IP: Logged
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
While not nearly as profound as Zeb's message, I'll state that I have seen some pretty amazing things happen regarding people on this forum, all thanks to the power of prayer, IMHO.
Keep the faith Brennan. (I know I don't need to tell you that.)
We're here.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

Brennan, thanks for the update. I can't tell you what's in store for you from here on, but I can just be here in prayer with you and your family. You all are on the Prayer Chain here in New Jersey.

If I may digress for a moment to tell a story of standing in faith. My wife went through two difficult pregnancies, our son in 1986, he turned out fine. Our daughter in 1997, well, the doctors prepared us for the worst. "She may be impaired or retarded." She may be born with brain damage." "She may not make it al all." Through all this we, mainly my wife, simply refused to accept bad reports. Not that she didn't believe the warnings, or understand the severity. SHe, and I, just would not accept a bad outcome. My God doesn't work like that. "Thank you Doctor, but that's NOT going to happen. Yes, I understand the test results. But it will turn out the best way."

Whenever we discussed the issues, we recognized the risks, but said: they are possible risks, not fate. Some people got it, others didn't understand the distinction.

My wife went for one of her last visits to the doctor. He said, "We're taking the baby. Tomorrow." When she was born, she had an Apgar Score of zero. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apgar_score
A score of ten is a healthy baby. A score of zero is, basically, a dead baby. Through the, what seemed like hours, they worked on her, there were no bad confessions. Nobody said so much as "This isn't good." We stood on our faith that the Lord would NOT let that child die. Probably the hardest thing I've ever done was to shut my mouth, and keep my brain from so much as thinking any other alternative. When she first cried, I knew that prayers are answered more surely than if Jesus himself had shown up in the delivery room and said, "Dude, it okay. My Dad's got it covered." Despite spending a week in the Neonatal Intensive Care ward, she came home and grew into a happy, healthy, 13 year old girl.

You serve the God who created this universe from the words He spoke out of his mouth. Never forget just who He is, the extent of His power, and love for you.

What does Brennan Spencer Weems believe God will do for him? Not can do, but will do?

EDIT: Corrected the time in ICU, and my wife suggested: "Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks." I've no idea where that fits in, it's obviously for you, not me.

Thank you so much for this.

A quick question before bed though...

What separates my family from anyone else's family? Why should I hold to it that God won't let my mom lose the ability to walk for the rest of her life, when other people aren't granted that privilege?

I guess I haven't realized how special each of us really are to God. I will continue praying and supporting everyone. This story spoke volumes, and I'm saving your wife's words for later.

And--who are you on Facebook? I didn't know I had you added (I'm assuming as such because you know my name).
EDIT: Found ya. Thanks John--I think (We really need everyone to add nicknames LOL).

Raydar, thank you as well. Thank everyone. I really can't explain in any true depth how much prayer is affecting me.

[This message has been edited by theBDub (edited 04-17-2011).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-17-2011 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I'll state that I have seen some pretty amazing things happen regarding people on this forum, all thanks to the power of prayer, IMHO.

And not just that.
There are many here who don't practice religion or prayer, but still they send what they have, in the form of positive thoughts & energy.
I think THAT is the most amazing thing about this place.
All different, but all together for that one goal that is maybe the very best of man.
The welfare of another.

Nothing could be purer, from whatever source it springs from.
And I am proud to be a witness to it.
fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Good lord, I'm not on the forum for a couple days and this happens. I wish you all the best and hope the transition goes well. We are all here if you need anyone!
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

And not just that.
There are many here who don't practice religion or prayer, but still they send what they have, in the form of positive thoughts & energy.
I think THAT is the most amazing thing about this place.
All different, but all together for that one goal that is maybe the very best of man.
The welfare of another.

Nothing could be purer, from whatever source it springs from.
And I am proud to be a witness to it.

Yeah man,
Different words for the same stuff. The meaning, purpose and desire to basically heal and console some from a distance is the same core concept, whatever you wanna call it. For me at least, interacting with people with different belief systems allows me to reconcile some issues I've had w/ 'God' as well as learn "what works" for other people. Even people that try to 'push' their faith on you are usually doing it to help you (or 'save' you') - they believe that their faith has helped them, and they want to help you, too. genuinely. Might be better to identify the 'crooked' people (out for money, out for power, etc) rather then write off a whole faith. But don't want to sidetrack this thread...

VERY glad to hear that your mom no longer requires the breathing tube. You're being awesome by being strong enough to help keep things running, and help with the (hopefully temporary) shifting of responsibilities, it will reduce her stress and help her heal, as well as keep the family functioning as a whole. I will continue to keep her and your family in my thoughts.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
theBDub, Brennon, very sorry and sad to hear. Prayers have already been given for your Mom and family (including you of course).
I almost replied as soon as I saw your post that the paralysis is permanent. To say not to ever give up hope, as others have stated.

Zeb, a very inspirational post, thanks for sharing. I do mean inspirational.

Originally posted by fierogirls-mom:
Good lord, I'm not on the forum for a couple days and this happens.

Gosh, I had a few moments here and there. Things in life can happen fast.

Originally posted by theBDub:
What separates my family from anyone else's family? Why should I hold to it that God won't let my mom lose the ability to walk for the rest of her life, when other people aren't granted that privilege?

Hmm. God works in mysterious ways. We will never even be able to understand the reasoning of God. Our units of time are not the same as His. We have a saying that "behind every cloud is a silver lining". Though understandably you might see what happened as a tragedy, it could be a blessing. Perhaps, l through your Mom's experience, He can reach others. Your Mom walking again would be testament to the miracles He can perform.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Now to my mom:
She was on a breathing tube for her bruised and bleeding lungs, but they have healed pretty quickly and they were able to take out the tubes today so she could breath on her own. She really liked that. She was writing messages to us and it was a big relief to be able to talk. She's still in pain of course--the broken ribs are gonna take awhile--but she seems pretty positive about it all. The rehabilitation lady was talking to my dad and said a few words at the end that surprised us. She said "and get her back on her feet." Of course, we will not hold anyone to this or hold any false hopes, but we are praying that she'll be able to eventually.

Hope for the best, we will. Moms are very resilient and amazing people, they never cease to amaze us, no matter how old they are.

More good vibes from here for her and all of you.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Zeb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post

Thank you so much for this.

I guess I haven't realized how special each of us really are to God. I will continue praying and supporting everyone. This story spoke volumes, and I'm saving your wife's words for later.

And--who are you on Facebook? I didn't know I had you added (I'm assuming as such because you know my name).
EDIT: Found ya. Thanks John--I think (We really need everyone to add nicknames LOL).

Raydar, thank you as well. Thank everyone. I really can't explain in any true depth how much prayer is affecting me.

I'll try to answer these in reverseoreder.

I'm not on Facebook, so you don't have me added. I'm pretty sure you've posted your full name here on the forum before, but I definitely got it from the Comments section of the news article you linked to. You leave a larger "Cyber-Footprint" than you think. I hope whoever this "John" is on Facebook helps you.

Now to the hard question. Why should God do anything for you, your Mom, or anyone, for that matter? You answered that yourself in the next paragraph. Because He loves you with a heart we can't begin to comprehend.

I don't know what denomination you are, Catholic, Baptist Lite, or full-on speaking-in-tounges, laying-on-hands bible thumper. So I can't tell just how much of a miracle you're prepared to expect. I'm ready to agree with you, wherever you're prepared to go.

Are you believing that your family will all come through this together, and, even though things are different, you'll all still be together and love one another? Done. I'm sure the whole forum agrees with that.

Are you believing for more than that? God gives each of us the same measure of faith. We just have to use it. Just like any other muscle, if you don't exercise it regularly, it gets weak.

Right now, you don't need some guy a thousand miles away on an internet forum telling you stuff. You've got a home Church, you've got christian friends and family. Get them all praying with you in agreement. God is right there, right now, and He hears your voice. Let all things be done according to His will, for his glory.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

I'll try to answer these in reverseoreder.

I'm not on Facebook, so you don't have me added. I'm pretty sure you've posted your full name here on the forum before, but I definitely got it from the Comments section of the news article you linked to. You leave a larger "Cyber-Footprint" than you think. I hope whoever this "John" is on Facebook helps you.

Now to the hard question. Why should God do anything for you, your Mom, or anyone, for that matter? You answered that yourself in the next paragraph. Because He loves you with a heart we can't begin to comprehend.

I don't know what denomination you are, Catholic, Baptist Lite, or full-on speaking-in-tounges, laying-on-hands bible thumper. So I can't tell just how much of a miracle you're prepared to expect. I'm ready to agree with you, wherever you're prepared to go.

Are you believing that your family will all come through this together, and, even though things are different, you'll all still be together and love one another? Done. I'm sure the whole forum agrees with that.

Are you believing for more than that? God gives each of us the same measure of faith. We just have to use it. Just like any other muscle, if you don't exercise it regularly, it gets weak.

Right now, you don't need some guy a thousand miles away on an internet forum telling you stuff. You've got a home Church, you've got christian friends and family. Get them all praying with you in agreement. God is right there, right now, and He hears your voice. Let all things be done according to His will, for his glory.

Oh gotcha. You must have caught it early because I deleted the comment very shortly after I posted it.

Okay thanks for everything.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Brennan -- This is cliffw's "wifey." He showed me this thread and my heart just went out to you and your family.

Just know that GOD is in control and He is the Master Physician. I can only imagine the heartache you all must feel right now. Like cliffw pointed out, we join together with the others and pray for divine healing for her and ask God to strengthen and encourage you all during this most difficult time.

My mom is suffering as well with re-occurring cancer. She was in remission for several months but recently started showing symptoms again. We find out the results of her latest CT scan in the morning. While she has been putting up one heck of a fight for the last year and a half, GOD has been blessing and working in our family like you wouldn't believe, including bringing us closer together and increasing our faith in Him. It has been both the hardest and the richest time of our lives. It's been life changing and we are better because of it. Come what may, GOD IS GOOD!

I know GOD has a purpose for this. I pray that through it all, you and your family will experience His deep love and compassion, and peace that surpasses all understanding.

Keep us posted. We really care.

Cindi
PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2011 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Brennan -- This is cliffw's "wifey." He showed me this thread and my heart just went out to you and your family.

Just know that GOD is in control and He is the Master Physician. I can only imagine the heartache you all must feel right now. Like cliffw pointed out, we join together with the others and pray for divine healing for her and ask God to strengthen and encourage you all during this most difficult time.

My mom is suffering as well with re-occurring cancer. She was in remission for several months but recently started showing symptoms again. We find out the results of her latest CT scan in the morning. While she has been putting up one heck of a fight for the last year and a half, GOD has been blessing and working in our family like you wouldn't believe, including bringing us closer together and increasing our faith in Him. It has been both the hardest and the richest time of our lives. It's been life changing and we are better because of it. Come what may, GOD IS GOOD!

I know GOD has a purpose for this. I pray that through it all, you and your family will experience His deep love and compassion, and peace that surpasses all understanding.

Keep us posted. We really care.

Cindi

Thanks Cindi. I really do believe that through all of this is a positive outcome. I've already learned so much about humility through it all, and the importance of love, and prayer, and family. I'm growing as a man and I can attest to the strength beating inside me spurred by God's love. I will keep your mom in my prayers. Good luck with everything.

And thanks for spreading this Cliff. I appreciate it so much.
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to bump this to tell you that your mom is still in my thoughts and I hope she and your family are all still doing well. I believe in prayer and I know you all are in good hands.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Brennan,

I'm very sorry to hear about your Mom's accident, but VERY relieved that she is still with us. I am a firm believer in miracles performed by God, and I will say after seeing that accident photo, a miracle has already been granted. I will pray for another miracle that sees your Mom able to walk again someday. I would completely imagine that she is a very strong lady, as you have to be to keep a family together days. That makes her quite the soldier in my mind, and that she will use no less strength to tackle this new life challenge.

Please know that you and your family are in our prayers, and PLEASE, if you need something, please feel free to shoot me a PM. No matter what it is, I will do my best to make it happen. I wish we lived closer, we would be making meals or something to ease the burden a little.

Andy
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
Thanks again guys.

So, good and "eh" news.

Good:
About 6 months ago she went up to my dad and asked him if she should get disability insurance through work. She works with handicapped people all day (mental in her case but she sees others a lot) and just thought it might be useful. My dad said he thought it was a waste of money, but ultimately it was my mom's decision. She bought it. So that's going through to help us with the immediate funds before any sort of settlement.
Also, she should be out of critical care within a week and in a normal hospital bed. She's getting stronger everyday and besides falling asleep mid-sentence due to the pain meds she seems really energetic and positive.

"Eh":
Her lung collapsed again, and they had to fix it.. again. If it happens again she'll be on a respirator for up to a few weeks. However, considering the strength that returned with the past one we don't think it'll happen. Basically, to heal properly her lungs need to get out all the gunk that's forming. However, due to the broken ribs, her body won't allow her to breathe heavily enough to cough. So she can't get anything moving in there. Her ribs are starting to heal though so we're hoping she'll have full function of her lungs soon.

I hate being away at school. I can't wait to go home. But I know she's in good hands.

Another good note, is that I was wary of bringing up injury attorneys to my dad. I had been in contact with one, but was afraid to bring it up because my parents hate how "money-conscious" I am (they call it "money-hungry"). But my dad came to me and said he already chose his own guy, and he told me because he knows I'll worry about that stuff. He thanked me for not bringing it up.

Thanks for all the prayers. I've really grown through this experience so I've already witnessed how powerful this whole thing is, in a positive way. Let's continue hoping and praying for health and strength and maybe even a miracle if it's God's Will.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Thanks again guys.

Thanks for the update.
Say, you do know your Mom wants for you, if possible, to finish school, yeah ?
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Thanks for the update.
Say, you do know your Mom wants for you, if possible, to finish school, yeah ?

Yeah of course. It's that knowledge that's keeping me here instead of running home and quitting. I need to stay here.

Haha, she actually kicked me out of the hospital Sunday and told me to come back.
Zeb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update. Mostly good news. Keep up the prayer, it is important to NOT LET UP at this time just because things seem less critical. As you can see with the breathing complications, attacks can, and will, come from all angles. Your Mom's physical health is in the hands of the doctors right now, but her spiritual health is in your, your family's, mine, and every other praying soul's hands. We must keep her lifted up in prayer.
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry I haven't posted before this. I'd like to belatedly add my own prayers to the pile (if prayers pile...maybe they stack or line up in a queue). Be strong for your family during this time.

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
http://rhd-mo.org/-TEAM_PAM_.html

This is a link to my mom's work, where she has made many friends over the past year. It's really amazing to me... because she was a stay-at-home mom until she got this job hardly a year ago. She makes such a difference in people's lives.

Check out the website for a more detailed history and some updates. It should continue to be updated. My dad just told me about it today so I had no idea this was going on.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
Brennan,

I just saw this. In this, I have little words of wisdom, but know that I will definitely keep your mom in my prayers.
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Yeah of course. It's that knowledge that's keeping me here instead of running home and quitting. I need to stay here.

Haha, she actually kicked me out of the hospital Sunday and told me to come back.

Moms will always, always be moms and they all want what’s best for their kids.

Glad to here thing are getting better. More good vibes to all the family and especially her.

Steve, Melanie, Amanda, and all the rest of the menagerie.

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2011 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
My mom isn't doing so well. Hopefully, she will be moving from Critical Care to a regular hospital room tomorrow, but she's in a lot of pain. When she sleeps, she forgets where she is and hallucinates scary visions when she wakes up. She can hardly breathe or talk.

I broke down today for a bit. Overall, she's still in good spirits... she's just in a lot of pain. And there has been progress... she's just in a lot of pain and it's killing me.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2011 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
There is nothing worse than feeling helpless when someone you love is in pain. All you can do is be there for her, or in your case, stay in school for her, and that is something that only you can do.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2011 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
She's still in ICU, but she's making an improvement.

I don't want to have false hopes, but a neurosurgeon came in and moved her feet around and ran some tests. While my mom couldn't feel her feet, she knew when they were up and when they were down about 80% of the time. How much of that was just guesswork? Idk. But the neurosurgeon says he thinks she has some sort of "sensation" there, even if it's not feeling.

That can develop.

So we're praying that it wasn't just good guesswork, and that her body is doing what it can to find its legs again.

Thanks for all the prayers. PM's and comments are so helpful just because I know you care.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2011 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

So we're praying that it wasn't just good guesswork, and that her body is doing what it can to find its legs again.
Thanks for all the prayers. PM's and comments are so helpful just because I know you care.

I do care. Don't prayer about the guesswork. Pray, as I have, for faith. Believe.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
LOTS to update on! Things have been crazy and I haven't been on the computer for much at all! It's hard to write long posts on my phone so I just never got around to updated.

First off--I LOVE YOU ALL. The prayers have worked wonders and though she's still paralyzed, her mental health is strong as a rock and she's just so strong!

Last week, she went from ICU to a regular hospital room for a few days. Here, they cleared up her lungs a few last times and just made sure her back was healing well. This room was a SUITE baby it had all the goods. My mom loved it Then last Thursday, they moved her over to a rehab facility where she stays for 3-6 weeks (usually 4--you get more weeks if you do well because they see how far they can push you). She loves almost all of the caretakers there. She doesn't want to "make new friends" with all of the other patients like everyone there suggests, but otherwise she enjoys everything about it. She also isn't digging the food (picture a school cafeteria), but if you ask me it's pretty dang good! So she's been there for a little over a week, and is just learning how to get out of bed and into a wheelchair, take showers, hold her bladder, things like that. It's hard for her.... the workouts are "rigorous"... i.e. they make her lift 1-3 lb weights with her arms It really is a struggle for her though... but she knows what she's in for and is doing the best she can.

Her back may have been redone crooked though, and they are waiting to see if it's due to muscle growth or if it's the actual bone. She might have to go back into surgery to get it fixed, which would stink. Right now, she just sits kinda crooked, as if her right buttcheek were bigger than her left. They are working on getting a good wheelchair for her too, but there are so many choices and differences we probably won't have a real idea of what we want for awhile..

So the bad news.... money.
Our lawyer is working really hard on this case, but there isn't much we can do. The company is a really small Bosnian company with only 22 trucks to their name. They have the minimum required insurance on all of their trucks, which covers up to $1mil per accident. This might sound like a lot, but this money gets split up between everyone involved in the accident. So there are 4 other cars getting paid for, and people just now going and seeing chiropractors about neck pains. Then, the lawyer grabs 40% of whatever we get...
At the end of the day, we are going to barely make it through the medical bills and other things we have to get to make her adjustment easy.

My dad and I have been over everything and after downsizing and selling the Z28 we just painted, we think it'll all be good in the end. My dad is just frustrated because 10 years from now, the lawyer has forgotten about us, the trucking company has moved on, everyone else has new cars, but my mom is still in a wheel chair. I have been working with my dad as much as I can and helping him see light in the darkness, but it is definitely hard for him. Keep praying for us, and especially him please.

Since my mom's accident, three more serious accidents have happened at the same intersection. Is there nothing we can do about this? Friends and lawyers are telling us we can't go after the state.. but they need to fix it. There are SO many accidents there every year... and I just don't understand why they can't change it up and make it better. Oh well.

Anyways, I just wanted to update everyone! My mom is doing well! Thanks for all the prayers and vibes! We appreciate them! Keep praying for my mom, but also add in there one for my dad please. Just that he keeps his head up.. My mom and I are worried about him.

Love you all... thanks for all the PM's and everything. Y'all are awesome.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
Brennan,

I just read this thread. I am soooo sorry for what happened to your family. Ruby and I will be praying for you and your family. You have always impressed me with your mature posts, you seem to be wise beyond your years. And this thread is just another example. I don't have anything I can really say that will comfort you. But I will say that in time things will be better. Whatever the outcome, time heals all wounds.

Please keep us updated bud.

Oh and BTW, are you going to hire PK now that you are going to own that trucking company?

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 05-15-2011).]

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

Brennan,

I just read this thread. I am soooo sorry for what happened to your family.

Ditto here too! You and yours will be in my thoughts.
The intersection from my neighborhood to the interstate is just like the one your mom was hit on. Every single day, on BOTH sides of the highway, no less than 6 cars get wrecked. Everyday when I was driving that little Hyundai Accent, (company car) I would hope and pray it would not be my day. I stayed alert and got lucky. But I saw one lady who was in the lane right next to me get hit. It was one of the more horrifying things I have seen in my life. We were sitting in 5:30 traffic, waiting to get home... The lights at the end of the intersection keep traffic lined up for a mile or two int he afternoons...

I looked over at the lady's car and she was jamming to the music, doing her best to deal with the frustrations of traffic I assumed... Then all of a sudden, a fully loaded 18 wheeler took her and 4 other cars next to me out. All I heard was a loud clashing of metal and glass, then I saw a cloud of dust and sparks. I did not even fully know what had happened until the dust literally settled. When I could see it had been a wreck, I jumped out of my car and ran towards the wreckage. I got tot he Semi and he was ok and climbing out of his truck. So I went to the next car in line. the lady who was sitting beside me in traffic.

That good looking blonde, jamming to her music in the car beside me was dead. The truck driver was on his Cell Phone. The passengers and drivers of the other 4 cars were all ok, but that lady took the full force of the wreck. Your mom is very lucky to be alive and you are all very lucky to still have her. I would suggest that you and your dad work with the local radio station or something and get a benefit or fund raiser set up for your mom's expenses. This is not going to be a cheap endeavor, bringing her home and getting the home set up for her.

I will keep you all in my thoughts and everyone.. Be safe out there!
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update theBDub.
By the way, just because the rucking company only had one million in insurance does not mean that they can not be further sued. Sometimes companies are owned by larger companies.
Prayers still coming.
sarabear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sarabearSend a Private Message to sarabearDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear that your Mom is doing better. Try not to worry about the "other" stuff for the time being, just get Mom better and the rest will fall into place.

Continuing to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers!
PFF
System Bot
fierowitch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierowitchSend a Private Message to fierowitchDirect Link to This Post
Prayers sent from me. I wish your mom the best.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

So the bad news.... money.
Our lawyer is working really hard on this case, but there isn't much we can do. The company is a really small Bosnian company with only 22 trucks to their name. They have the minimum required insurance on all of their trucks, which covers up to $1mil per accident.

You do not have to settle for insurance. They are responsible and need to be held accountable. 40% is outrageous

I am very sorry for your mom and family. God bless.
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for checking in and updating, your Mom and your family are in my thoughts often.

Sadly I don't think I can make it to "Texas Roadhouse 10% night", the cab fare is a killer from here.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update dub. You and your family are still in my prayers.

Jim
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
Here is a picture of me and my mom:

[This message has been edited by theBDub (edited 05-21-2011).]

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Here is a picture of me and my mom:

Good to see those smiles.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Brennon, ... I caught some news reports, that from the paralysis of Christopher Reeves, from the research that he championed, that there indeed is hope for many that are paralyzed.
Great picture. You Mom is beautiful. You ... you are too, . Thanks for the tears, .
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
My mom comes home on the 7th of next month! Woo! She got out yesterday for the first time--went to work no less!

I'm so proud of her. She's come a long way.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

LOTS to update on!

Glad she is doing better, I hope she continues to recover and that everything works out financially.

You guys have a legitimate case, hope she ends up ok at the end of this ordeal...

Glad to see that pic of the two of you...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock