Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Going to see Charlie Sheen tonight in Detroit. (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Going to see Charlie Sheen tonight in Detroit. by spud321x
Started on: 04-02-2011 03:22 PM
Replies: 63
Last post by: rogergarrison on 04-09-2011 08:06 AM
spud321x

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spud321xSend a Private Message to spud321xDirect Link to This Post
I don't know what to expect. As far as I know, no one does. Whatever happens though, I know tonight is going to be epic. I hope he doesn't burn the place down with his fiery fists of fury lol.

Nick
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Might want to get a vaccination against the martian flu.
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Take yer camera and film it So the rest of us know what we are or are not missing
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Winning! At least he is more fiscally responsible than our government.
spud321x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spud321xSend a Private Message to spud321xDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

Winning! At least he is more fiscally responsible than our government.

LOL just watched that video. Really, no thanks to all the commotion he has caused, he will be making waaaaay more. The last I heard he was signing on with FOX. For what, I don't know.

Nick
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
Train wrecks are always fun to watch.

Jim
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

Train wrecks are always fun to watch.

Jim

And Charlie knows this! .... Cha Ching!
jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
His limo has snow tires.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Think Capri will be there
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
I'm wondering if he'll show up, if he does, what kind of disaster ensues.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Going to see Charlie Sheen tonight in Detroit.

I'm sorry.
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

I'm wondering if he'll show up, if he does, what kind of disaster ensues.

Sounds like you are talking about a Guns&Roses show
CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post
Enabler.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
^ Agreed.
Shame on you.

[This message has been edited by Scottzilla79 (edited 04-02-2011).]

FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroDirect Link to This Post
I'd rather watch paint dry.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
You just bought him his next 8 ball. He thanks you.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-02-2011 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Chooooo, Choooooooooo..........................
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Apparently the entire thing is a massive FAIL!

Sheen isn't Winning when people are leaving the theater in large groups!

A tweet from Sheen

Posted 8:15 p.m.: It looks like things are ready to get rolling. The stage lights at the Fox have dimmed and come back up -- usually a sign the show is about to start.

At about the same time, Charlie Sheen sent out a message via Twitter: "The moment of truth is upon us Detroit!! Do not fear ... the Sheenius is here!"

Opener has a rough time

Posted 8:35 p.m.: The stand-up comic opening the show, Kirk Fox, is being booed -- a lot. The noise is drowing out his act.
Sheen comes out on stage in an attempt to calm the crowd down.
"This man is here to help, let him do so," Sheen says. "I gotta change and do my hair. I'll be right back."
The boos soon return, and the opener leaves the stage before finishing.

Glad that's over

Posted 8:47 p.m.: The Freep's Mike Brookbank says things have calmed down after an avalanche of booing and shouting met the opener. From Brookbank's Twitter account: "Vibe inside Fox lightening up after a terribly received opening act. Anticipation building for return of @charliesheen on stage."

He's here

Posted 9:09 p.m.: Right about 9 p.m., Sheen takes the stage. According to the Twitterverse, he's wearing a Tigers jersey.

Posted 9:35 p.m.: The crowd seems to be turning on Sheen. People are leaving the show, others booing as a video of a young Johnny Depp played on the big screen.

Posted 9:45 p.m.: A joke about crack -- and Detroit being the right place to tell it -- turns more fans to foes. Sheen can’t even get a word in as the crowd yells over him.

Boo-birds take flight

Posted 10 p.m.: The Fox hasn’t cleared out but the crowd has definitely thinned as Sheen fails to impress. At least one row only has five people in it as videos dominate the show, more than Sheen.

Sheen, on the other hand, declared “I’m having a ball, a (expletive) good time.”

Posted 10:08 p.m.: Snoop was a no-show but his world premiere video is about to air for what’s left of the fans in the Fox.

Posted 10:12 p.m.: And perhaps the last word of the night goes to the Warlock:

“Sorry dude, already got your money,” Sheen told a booing fan.

Posted 10:22 p.m.: Sheen-frenzy has moved outside the Fox as frustration flows out onto Woodward Avenue. One man shouts “Charlie Sheen stole my money!”

Curtain closes

Posted 10:28 p.m.: Now fans are being taunted by bar-goers near the Fox. “You’re not laughing,” someone says.

http://www.freep.com/apps/p...le?AID=2011110402017

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 04-02-2011).]

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Honestly,

What did people EXPECT? What I love is that he has a bunch of sold out shows, right?
At first, (even though he's a butthead), I felt bad that he was self destructing...because he seemed soooo far gone (the little bits of his interviews and whatnot that I watched) but he's having too much fun for me to give a poop.

I hope he doesn't have to give back a dime, even if people try to sue over this (which they probably WILL)
People, what did you expect to see? don't ***** about him "stealing your money, you knew what you were gonna get!

I had a weird sorta low blood sugar hallucination the other day during the busride home regarding his upcoming show...he came out on stage, with a few guys, and they all had machine guns, and they locked the doors and just started shooting everyone in the crowd. Then he had the other guys shoot each other ("The last four guys alive can be in my crew...") then he just basically turned into a crazy Joker-type character...

edit: WINNING!

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 04-02-2011).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-02-2011 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

I had a weird sorta low blood sugar hallucination the other day during the busride home regarding his upcoming show...he came out on stage, with a few guys, and they all had machine guns, and they locked the doors and just started shooting everyone in the crowd. Then he had the other guys shoot each other ("The last four guys alive can be in my crew...") then he just basically turned into a crazy Joker-type character...

edit: WINNING!

I think your eventual slide in to old age & dementia will go pretty smoothly for you.
I doubt you will notice much at all.

------------------
And they said one to another, "Behold, for here comes the dreamer. Come now, let us slay him and we shall see what then will become of his dreams." ~ Genesis 37: 19-20

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 04-03-2011).]

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2011 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I think your eventual slide in to old age & dementia will go pretty smoothly for you.
I doubt you will notice much at all.

Yeah, I have to agree with you on that. SERIOUSLY.

I keep thinking lately, that the *thing* that's gonna kill me and myself are slowly coming closer together. Like as I'm typing this, the car that's gonna hit me is being built, is bought, is being gassed up, is being parked a few blocks away, is getting its' oil changed... and even If I change certain things I do, the major events still occur, we'll both end up at that intersection no matter WHAT I do...

Like that synchronicity II song...

"Many miles awayyyyy"

Just like you can't steer a train
you can't change your fate
All those moments will be lost in time,
like tears in rain....

Time to....

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2011 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
It will be kinda nice, to be taking your last breath and looking up, from under the car, at a nice shiny new oil filter.

(there are worse ways to go)
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2011 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
i woulda paid to go. id go back i ntime and pay to go, even after reading this thread
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2011 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/...aGVhZGxpbmVfbGlzdARz bGsDY2hhcmxpZXNoZWVu

DETROIT – Charlie Sheen was heckled, booed and eventually abandoned by the crowd at his inaugural stage show, with many of the audience members chanting "refund" and heading for the exits even before the show abruptly ended.

Winning? Not on opening night.

The first stop on Sheen's "My Violent Torpedo of Truth/Defeat is Not an Option" 20-city variety show started Saturday night with thunderous applause but ended 70 minutes later. In between, Sheen tried to appease his audience with rants, a rapper and a question and answer session, ultimately concluding the first show was "an experiment."

The former "Two and a Half Men" star learned firsthand at Detroit's 5,100-seat Fox Theatre that show business still requires a show. The debacle called into question the fate of the nascent tour. Some fans already predicted a premature end for the monthlong trek, which was scheduled to resume Sunday in Chicago.

"No way" the show makes it through all the dates, said Bob Orlowski, a lawyer from Plymouth, Mich., who watched with six clients in a suite.

"He's not suited for this," said Orlowski, 46. "It wasn't funny."

Sheen's publicist, Larry Solters, declined to comment after the show. Sheen, 45, reappeared after the house lights went up to thank the hundreds who remained.

It wasn't clear when Sheen lost the audience, but there were many awkward moments.

Sheen, known for his wild partying and rampant drug use, said he thought Detroit would be a good place to tell some stories about crack cocaine. The remark prompted loud, immediate boos.

At another point, Sheen showed a short film he wrote, directed and produced years ago called "RPG." He sat in the front row to watch the flick, which starred a much younger Johnny Depp. Again, more boos.

The show actually started off with a bang.

After a video montage of movie clips — Sheen in "Wall Street" and "Platoon" set to a guitar solo from Sheen friend Rob Patterson — the star emerged to raucous applause and a standing ovation. The cheering increased as the women he calls his "goddesses" took the stage.

The two women, a former **** star and an actress who live with him, carried placards with the words "War" and "Lock," a reference to Sheen's recent description of himself.

When the goddesses locked lips in front of him, Sheen smirked. He had the crowd in the palm of his hand.

"I don't see a single empty seat," he said.

That quickly changed.

As the showed bogged down, an audience member booed, prompting Sheen to reply, "I've already got your money, dude."

Things only got worse.

"Tonight's an experiment," he said.

For some, it was an expensive experiment.

Linda Fugate, who paid $150 for two seats, left the theater and walked up the street, yelling, "I want my money back!"

"I was hoping for something. I didn't think it would be this bad," said Fugate, a 47-year-old from Lincoln Park, Mich.

Fans who arrived at the theater — some flying in for the show — said they were hoping to see the increasingly eccentric actor deliver some of the colorful rants that have made him an Internet star since his ugly falling out with CBS and the producers of "Two and a Half Men."

They got the ranting. It just wasn't funny.

"Brutal. I expected him to at least entertain a little bit," said Rodney Gagnon, 34, of Windsor, Ontario.

Some saw something between victory and defeat.

Geoff Rezek, 69, a computer consultant from Darien, Conn., who met Sheen after the concert and received a poster, said the show needed work, but was salvageable. He believes Sheen is a consummate showman who took a risk.

"I wouldn't miss the first show. Who knows if there's going to be a second show?" Rezek said, perhaps prophetically. He also bought a ticket for Sheen's performance next week in Connecticut.

Sheen has made headlines in recent years as much for his drug use, failed marriages, custody disputes and run-ins with the police, as for his acting. Martin Sheen has compared his son's struggle with addiction to a cancer patient's struggle for survival.

In August, the wayward star pleaded guilty in Aspen, Colo., to misdemeanor third-degree assault after a Christmas Day altercation with his third wife, Brooke Mueller. The couple have since finalized their divorce.

Charlie Sheen's behavior, which included lashing out at "Two and a Half Men" producer Chuck Lorre, finally became too much for Warner Bros. Television, which fired him March 7.

Sheen fired back with a $100 million lawsuit and all-out media assault in which he informed the world about his standing as a "rock star from Mars" with "Adonis DNA."

After one of the sustained booing moments, Sheen tried to calm the crowd.

"Come on, guys. You paid to see me," he said. "... You gave me your hard-earned money without knowing what this (expletive) show was about. I'm here now ... and I'm willing to open up."
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2011 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
According to the Today Show this morning, this whole farce was an 'epic fail '. I told you all a month ago this guy is not a comedian, he just reads lines the 'trolls' write for him. It works for him because he just looks like a jackazz anyway. They showed lots of people leaving, complaining and wanting their money back. They also said he was booed off the stage, and never returned. My guess is he will go on a talk show, or his next 'gig' and tell them how all the people in Detroit are all losers and trolls too, because he is great and a winner. If he still has nerve enough to show up at his next show, I hope the theater is deserted....maybe then he'll get the hint.
spud321x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2011 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spud321xSend a Private Message to spud321xDirect Link to This Post
Ok, here we go. The show was NOT a train wreck. The entire crowd were a bunch of idiots. The opening act was a stand up comedian (I can't remember his name). The crowd didn't even let him get to the punch line of his first joke before they started booing him. They made me ashamed of being a Michigander. Charlie then came out on stage, which he got a standing ovation, and told everyone to be cool and enjoy this guy and he will be right out. So after everyone continued to boo, the guy left the stage and Charlie came out a few minutes later. He went on with some of his random, hard to follow (but also funny), rant style talk about the usual Two and a Half Men bull. Before he could even finish that, people were booing. He went on to talk about his new app for iPhone and was going to show us a film he made a looooong time ago starring Johnny Depp and another fellow, who's name I can't remember. We got about 5 minutes into it and again, everyone started booing. So he cut that short and started up a little Q&A section which he was going to answer some questions the crowd had. Nobody would let him talk and just kept on being noisy. He was going to share some crazy stories about whats been going on, and again nobody would shut the hell up. So after a little while he had a rapper come out on stage and sing a song about smoking crack and stuff. It was all suppose to be funny. Me and my friends thought it was, but it seemed no one was actually listening to what the guy was saying. After that Charlie just didn't come back out. They brought the house lights up and almost everyone left except maybe 100 or 150 people. He then came back out and apologized to his true fans that their money was wasted. He said it is just a experiment and a work in progress. He told everyone to come up close so we were all allowed to come up by the stage. He hung out for a few minutes and shook a lot of peoples hands. Said bye and that was it.

Nick

Heres a pic I got while he was shaking hands with the non a$$holes:
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2011 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Shake his hand for me. The guy he plays on 2 and a half men is my hero
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2011 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by faaaaq:

i woulda paid to go. id go back i ntime and pay to go, even after reading this thread

Why?

I don't get it. Is this like the Che Guevara and Chairman Mao shirts, where ignorant kids put mass-murderers on their T-shirts thinking it makes them look cool?

Aside from being a decent actor and a bad husband, what has this man done to warrant all these fools worshiping him?

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 04-03-2011).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-03-2011 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OKflyboy:

Aside from being a decent actor and a bad husband, what has this man done to warrant all these fools worshiping him?

Caught a football or sang a song?............people worship weird stuff.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2011 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

I keep thinking lately, that the *thing* that's gonna kill me and myself are slowly coming closer together. Like as I'm typing this, the car that's gonna hit me is being built, is bought, is being gassed up, is being parked a few blocks away, is getting its' oil changed... and even If I change certain things I do, the major events still occur, we'll both end up at that intersection no matter WHAT I do...

"Many miles awayyyyy"

like tears in rain....

Time to....make an entire package of bacon...it's called "bacon salvation"

Fixed it for ya!

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2011 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

<yawn>
PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2011 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spud321x:

Ok, here we go. The show was NOT a train wreck. The entire crowd were a bunch of idiots. The opening act was a stand up comedian (I can't remember his name). The crowd didn't even let him get to the punch line of his first joke before they started booing him. They made me ashamed of being a Michigander. Charlie then came out on stage, which he got a standing ovation, and told everyone to be cool and enjoy this guy and he will be right out. So after everyone continued to boo, the guy left the stage and Charlie came out a few minutes later. He went on with some of his random, hard to follow (but also funny), rant style talk about the usual Two and a Half Men bull. Before he could even finish that, people were booing. He went on to talk about his new app for iPhone and was going to show us a film he made a looooong time ago starring Johnny Depp and another fellow, who's name I can't remember. We got about 5 minutes into it and again, everyone started booing. So he cut that short and started up a little Q&A section which he was going to answer some questions the crowd had. Nobody would let him talk and just kept on being noisy. He was going to share some crazy stories about whats been going on, and again nobody would shut the hell up. So after a little while he had a rapper come out on stage and sing a song about smoking crack and stuff. It was all suppose to be funny. Me and my friends thought it was, but it seemed no one was actually listening to what the guy was saying. After that Charlie just didn't come back out. They brought the house lights up and almost everyone left except maybe 100 or 150 people. He then came back out and apologized to his true fans that their money was wasted. He said it is just a experiment and a work in progress. He told everyone to come up close so we were all allowed to come up by the stage. He hung out for a few minutes and shook a lot of peoples hands. Said bye and that was it.

Nick

Heres a pic I got while he was shaking hands with the non a$$holes:

Thanks for posting this! Really cool. Too bad the show was ALMOST ruined for you.
spud321x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2011 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spud321xSend a Private Message to spud321xDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Thanks for posting this! Really cool. Too bad the show was ALMOST ruined for you.

No problem! It did end well! I also shook the hand of Simon Rex ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Rex ), who was the "rapper" that came out before the show ended. He has played in a couple movies like Scary Movie 3 and 4 plus he was a part of the T.V. series "What I like about you" that ran on The WB.

Nick
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-03-2011 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

"Many miles awayyyyy"

like tears in rain....

Time to....

All our times have come
Here but now they're gone

Seasons don't fear the reaper
Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain..we can be like they are

Come on baby...don't fear the reaper
Baby take my hand...don't fear the reaper
We'll be able to fly...don't fear the reaper
Baby I'm your man...

Valentine is done

Romeo and Juliet
Are together in eternity...Romeo and Juliet

40,000 men and women everyday...Like Romeo and Juliet
40,000 men and women everyday...Redefine happiness
Another 40,000 coming everyday...We can be like they are

Baby take my hand...don't fear the reaper
We'll be able to fly...don't fear the reaper
Baby I'm your man...

Love of two is one

Came the last night of sadness
And it was clear she couldn't go on

Then the door was open and the wind appeared
The candles blew then disappeared
The curtains flew then he appeared...saying don't be afraid

Come on baby...and she had no fear
And she ran to him...then they started to fly
They looked backward and said goodby...she had become like they are
She had taken his hand...she had become like they are

------------------
And they said one to another, "Behold, for here comes the dreamer. Come now, let us slay him and we shall see what then will become of his dreams." ~ Genesis 37: 19-20

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 04-03-2011).]

faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Why?

I don't get it. Is this like the Che Guevara and Chairman Mao shirts, where ignorant kids put mass-murderers on their T-shirts thinking it makes them look cool?

dont be an ass. when did i say i worshipped him? and why are your opinions superior to mine? bite me.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
http://www.etonline.com/tv/...the_Chicago_Theatre/
Audiences Review Charlie Sheen's Show and His Chest at the Chicago Theatre

After Charlie Sheen's "Torpedo of Truth" tour bombed in Detroit on Saturday, the tenacious self-proclaimed "winner" got right back on the saddle for his second show in Chicago, garnering mixed reviews.

"I think it's going pretty good," said Charlie after Sunday's show. "I think the whole thing's an evolution. We'll see how it goes. That's the beauty of performance art."

In spite of the poor reviews that came out of Michigan, Charlie's fans still came out in droves to support the former "Two and a Half Men" star.
advertisement

"Truthfully, I don't really care," Nancy Amesquita said of the negative critiques. "I'm going to go in. I'm going to see it for myself. I'm hoping that it's good."

No one could argue with Nancy's claim to being a real fan when she showed up wearing a tiger suit.

"The first half was a little slow and then by the second half - he had an intermission - second half it got better," said Kelly, a grad student who saw the show with her friend, fellow grad student Meredith. "He was a little awkward in the beginning and then he kind of let go and let loose and it got good at the end."

Evidently, part of his warming up process involved trading shirts with an audience member.

"He definitely looked skinny to me but he took his shirt off and the chest looked good," said audience member Angie Franchi. "I did not hear any booing. I heard a lot of laughing. I heard a lot of clapping, and I saw Charlie Sheen laughing and really appreciating the love we were giving him tonight."

Charlie tweeted his appreciation following the show, writing, "I love you Chicago! (the new Rock City!!!)."

Charlie's next tour date is April 5 in Cleveland where he can be seen at the Playhouse Square Center.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like one more person that left Detroit with a bad taste in their mouth about the place and will never return. Chicago sounds like it went better, and I like that line:

"I already have your money"

The guy has problems for sure tho, and could use some professional help, but I hope he makes a bundle of $$ off this "tour".

I personally wouldn't pay a nickel to watch or listen to him--or probably anyone else "live and in person".
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by faaaaq:

dont be an ass. when did i say i worshipped him? and why are your opinions superior to mine? bite me.

Easy Tiger!

I didn't say you worshiped him and I didn't say my opinions were superior. I'm trying to understand the appeal, in the same way I don't like rap music, so I might ask a rap fan why he likes rap - I did ask you why you would go see him, but I guess "bite me" is the best answer I'm going to get... Fair 'nuff.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Easy Tiger!
...I guess "bite me" is the best answer I'm going to get... Fair 'nuff.

Consider the source.

Same as with Charlie.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I heard the Chicago show did go better. News said he dumped the entire thing and revamped it for there. I guess it was like a talk show with his buddy interviewing him on stage.

The guys just not a stand up comedian, or writer so give it up for the professionals.

And about his show 2 1/2 men, in your statement, ' HE PLAYS ' are the key words. Hes a line reader. His acting at least for the most part isnt any better than any character in the typical evening TVdramas like Glee, or 90210.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock