Favorite Android Apps/Widgets? by Xanth
Started on: 03-19-2011 09:49 AM
Replies: 44
Last post by: Xanth on 04-20-2011 02:29 PM
Darksyde

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeDirect Link to This Post
also been using TiKL for a while now and it is flawless.
IP: Logged
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
Scanner Radio is another good one.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Xanth, how are you liking your Thunderbolt now? I'm considering it, because of the big screen size. Anybody else have one?
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Xanth, how are you liking your Thunderbolt now? I'm considering it, because of the big screen size. Anybody else have one?

I have the HTC Inspire, which is pretty much identical to the Thunderbolt, and love it. Same overall specs.

I am running the Tough Case from Case-Mate for mine.. Silicone inner sleeve, hard ABS plastic outer.. Adds some thickness to the phone, but also adds some serious protection.
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Still loving the Thunderbolt

Once I got over the initial excitement of getting it, I now get much more reasonable battery life while still being able to use it regularly. I've only got a few running issues with it.

1. The charge/usb port is on the side, which when you rotate the phone on its kickstand, becomes the bottom. If you want to plug in the phone and watch video in landscape mode, you're out of luck. I thought this was a somewhat significant design flaw considering it is marketed as a media powerhouse.

2. The screen leaks light at the bottom viewed from some angles, but I got mine the day it came out, maybe this issue has been resolved? I have not however had any problems with dust or anything else getting behind the screen.

3. The Thunderbolt doesn't seem to get along with all widgets, particularly APN On/Off widgets. The phone somehow still connects to the Mobile Network even if the APN is all buggered up. If you're using the stock Sense user interface however, the HTC Mobile Network widget works perfectly.

I replaced the Sense interface with LauncherPro, which adds some customizing options, as well as the ability to rotate the home screen into landscape mode and resize widgets.

Also PowerControl Plus, I love this widget.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock