Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Boondawg and Tbone42's Weight Loss Extravaganza (Page 8)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
Boondawg and Tbone42's Weight Loss Extravaganza by tbone42
Started on: 02-20-2011 07:53 PM
Replies: 314
Last post by: Boondawg on 12-31-2011 08:37 PM
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Who's still going?

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 08-30-2011).]

IP: Logged
fierogirls-mom

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Anyone still in here?? I'm stuck at 31 pounds gone. But my cardio is going great! My resting pulse is in the upper 40's so I'm pretty sure that's darn good for my age, and I can hit the endurance part on my elliptical when the resistance is 6 and above. I used to struggle to get there at the level 5 resistance. Starting Monday, I'm going to be lifting weights. Wanna see my inspiration. Here's my daughter who's in Iraq now.

About a couple of weeks into her deployment

Now (pulled these off her facebook page, sorry they are so small!)

How much weight she lost

She did this while working 12 hour shifts and 1 day off a week. I'm proud of her. She pumped her muscles up before the pictures, she doesn't look like that all the time. lol She's working on her legs next, the abs look pretty good too, not posting pics of that on here....

So, come on folks, she's doing it in 120-130 degree heat! We can too!!

Getting back to lifting, I might need some extra motivation, so if you could send me some encouragement here or by pm's I'd really appreciate it!! Please keep me on track!!!

How ya doing Cheever???

How about you tbone???
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Something happened to my back. I woke up Monday morning in a lot of pain, and had spasms. It was that muscle in the lower back above the hip near the tailbone that goes up to almost the middle of the back, just the one on the left side. It was awful.

UGH

Multifidus.

"pulling" that is NO fun.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/078037.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBDz6YUz7xk

hope you're feeling better

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I hit 200 pounds Saturday morning and didn't bother to take a picture of the scale and now I'm back up to 204 but I know it will come back off.

That will be 40 pounds off this year and I will have reached my goal. I think next year I will start looking at 190 then 180 would be my ideal weight as long as I have some muscle tone to go with it.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
with summer here - I have been working on the car, doing yard work, and next week, re-siding my house.
I try to get to the gym as much as I can - which is barely once a week right now. but, I have been making sure to at least put a few miles on the bicycle.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogirls-mom:

How ya doing Cheever???

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Multifidus... "pulling" that is NO fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBDz6YUz7xk

hope you're feeling better

Thanks, and thanks for the video link. I do believe that's what I have been having so much trouble with. I'm going to start doing those 2 simple exercises in the video tonight when I get home from work in about an hour.

When summer's heat came back (June 1), I backed off my walk/run from 3 miles down to 1. But to lose weight, I need to do more. So last week and this week I'm doing 2 miles, and I expect to go back to 3 next week. And I'm working on running more of it and walking less. So far so good, but of course the heat index here this week has been off the charts. But the troops are my inspiration!

I lost half a pound last week. Better than nothing.

------------------
Check your PM's here.
------------------

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
I hit a new low yesterday (a weight loss low, ---geez!)

Now at 227. (Thats 41 lbs since New Year's day, and 23 lbs since starting this thread.)

I did have a setback with my knee, so most of my loss comes from portion control/dieting. I have been walking 2.5- 3 miles a day, but I can no longer jog because of too much pain in my right knee. Its starting to get better, but I aggravate it every time I go downhill. No idea why.

Going slower than I like, but it is dropping consistently at about 5 lbs a month. My legs look great.. and my belly is almost completely gone. I am down to a 36 waist again in my pants. The best news, I guess, is no saggy-baggy skin hang, as I have not been losing weight like gang busters, I am toning and gradually slimming down. I was never *that* puffed up anyway, but I was on the cusp at 268 after the Christmas cookies.

No gimmicks, just eating right and staying active with walking every day.

Keep going, I want updates!

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 08-30-2011).]

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Congrats man!

Been keeping around the same weight range, 217. But I"m eating less, and trying to avoid "naughty" food. Need to step up my exercise, though. Been glued to my seat the past few days due to remote fires...
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Congrats man!

Been keeping around the same weight range, 217. But I"m eating less, and trying to avoid "naughty" food. Need to step up my exercise, though. Been glued to my seat the past few days due to remote fires...

I'm gonna catch ya by October!
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-30-2011 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
I bought a Maple Bar donut and put 6 strips of microwave bacon on it.
I drank the butter out of the bottom of the roasted corn bowl.
I had 2 rootbeer floats made with Butter Pecan icecream.

Without my willpower, I weigh 245.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post08-30-2011 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I have been meaning to post in this thread for a while now, but never got around to doing it

INFORMATION
Since I hit my 140lb mark, and kept it there for 6 weeks, I decided to do a bit of investigation, with me as the guinea pig

SO.. for a week at a time, I started to eat things which I believed would put on weight, and after the week, I weighed myself.
Week 1: I started to eat white bread just like I used to, after having stopped with it for a long time. Nett weight gained (JUST white bread ):6lbs Stopped again for a week, lost it all again.
Week 2 : Drinking 2 glasses of fizzy drink a day (lemonade or orangeade)[BEEN VERY VERY HOT HERE ] : weight gained: 4lbs. Stopped, and lost it all again in 3 days.
Week 3.2 teaspoons of white sugar in 4 cups of tea a day. Nett weight gain in 5 days: EIGHT POUNDS
Week 4: Butter. Been using a butter substitute since I started to try to lose weight. Used butter as I used to...weight gained in 1 week:1lb 12 ozs.
Week 5: Ate a Macdonalds or Burger King meal once a day for 5 days. Nett weight gained????4 lbs...but my waist measurement soared by FOUR inches: This crap surely just blocks your digestive system, and caused enormous bloating, rather than weight gain.

So, I think this might help people to see what is BAD for you
Hope it helps somebody
Yes, I am still at 140 lbs, and it doesn't hurt at all
Nick
PS...forgot to add that MILK is a BIG weight gain medium, and also a digestive system blocker. I now use skimmed milk, and have got used to it UGH!!

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 08-30-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

I have been meaning to post in this thread for a while now, but never got around to doing it

INFORMATION
Since I hit my 140lb mark, and kept it there for 6 weeks, I decided to do a bit of investigation, with me as the guinea pig

SO.. for a week at a time, I started to eat things which I believed would put on weight, and after the week, I weighed myself.
Week 1: I started to eat white bread just like I used to, after having stopped with it for a long time. Nett weight gained (JUST white bread ):6lbs Stopped again for a week, lost it all again.
Week 2 rinking 2 glasses of fizzy drink a day (lemonade or orangeade)[BEEN VERY VERY HOT HERE ] : weight gained: 4lbs. Stopped, and lost it all again in 3 days.
Week 3.2 teaspoons of white sugar in 4 cups of tea a day. Nett weight gain in 5 days: EIGHT POUNDS
Week 4: Butter. Been using a butter substitute since I started to try to lose weight. Used butter as I used to...weight gained in 1 week:1lb 12 ozs.
Week 5: Ate a Macdonalds or Burger King meal once a day for 5 days. Nett weight gained????4 lbs...but my waist measurement soared by FOUR inches: This crap surely just blocks your digestive system, and caused enormous bloating, rather than weight gain.

So, I think this might help people to see what is BAD for you
Hope it helps somebody
Yes, I am still at 140 lbs, and it doesn't hurt at all
Nick

I haven't weighed 140 since I was 12, LOL.
My frame cannot support so little weight. (I'm 6' and from big bone genetic stock.. I look like a skeleton under 180lbs..) My lowest adult weight was 168 out of bootcamp, but that became 175-180 for years afterward. Stress makes for most my weight gain. No stress for the last 2 months, and I am doing much better with weight management, diet control. As well as want to exercise more and just get out and do things.

I have an old bicycle in the barn I am thinking of getting out and getting road worthy... needs two new tires and some general maintenance. Stage 2 is when I hit 220, hopefully by my Birthday in mid October...and a gym membership coming as well. After that, my goal is 200 by Christmas, and 180 by April Fools day to finish the job. The last 20 lbs are always a bear.

Just found 8 pairs of pants and about 20 shirts in my closet that suddenly fit again.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 10-01-2011).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-30-2011 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Me too Ted 19 pairs of jeans, some never ever worn before, two suits and 3 waistcoats that fit me just right now
My knee and ankle pains have all gone!! Started to ease off when I had lost 20lbs. Now I have NO pain at all in my joints (STEADY BOONIE...STEADY!! Joints in my LEGS )
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post
I'm still at 215, but I stopped riding the bicycle when it started hitting 112-114 degrees every day. Thirty days so far this year over 110 and it will probably stay that way all week.

------------------

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I'm still at 215, but I stopped riding the bicycle when it started hitting 112-114 degrees every day. Thirty days so far this year over 110 and it will probably stay that way all week.

MOVE OUT OF THE DAMN DESERT!! lol
I don't blame you, I could not even do outside walks with the dogs when we were in the mid 90s... I sent you a PM, by the way.
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKDirect Link to This Post
Hmm seem to have hit a plateau since my last posting here....in April/May time. Still got a way to go and not putting on anyhing but not losing anything either.

Mayhaps more effort or a change in tactics required.
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2011 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
224 now. 24 more lbs to go hopefully by December 31st.. my short term goal. (Lost 44 lbs this year thus far)
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2011 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Stress is bad for weight loss programs... I have only lost 1 lb. in 20 days. I may have to push my goal back a couple weeks. Shoot. Perhaps I will just hit it harder and see what happens. Getting that bike out of the barn right now to start fixing it.

But I will update anyhow.

Height: 6'

Start Weight Jan 1st: 268
Start BMI: 36.3

Current weight October 1st: 223
Current BMI: 30.2

Total loss: 45lbs, 6 pts of Body Mass Index. and 6 inches off my waist in 9 mos.
Blood Pressure (Jan) 141/93
Blood Pressure (Oct) 120/76
Unfortunately, I do not have my starting cholesterol or I would post those stats, too. Going to the doctor in November or December for a physical. Will post that stat then, but probably still kinda high.

Total backpain: Much less than before... Total Sleep Apnaea: (Now) Negligible... Total Happiness with my appearance and health: Getting closer

I don't even remember what candy tastes like, either.. have not had any since the Xmas cookie/fudge blitz of 2010.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 10-01-2011).]

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2011 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post
tbone, keep it up! if your not gaining your still winning. Even a few pounds of gain here and there is not a deal breaker. Our bodies get used to certain levels of food and activity and either you just ride it out or stir things up and shock the system.
The more you lose the harder the rest is to get off. I remember the first 20 came off real fast. the next 10 was a fight and the ten after that was a YEAR!
Not sure what I weigh in yet now. Battery in scale is dead I found the mood swings from elation for few pounds down and the devastation and depression of losing ground was not helping. I did briefly bounce off 186.
I did have some people comment that at least I (me) am not fat as I was stuffing down my fifth éclair last at a camping party last summer.

I think a am about 190 now but I have been doing intense weight training so some has to be muscle mass,,,,,,,,,, right????????? the last belly fat is really tuff to lose, especially when in your 50's. But I eat lots of crap these days without paying much of a price, and like it.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2011 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post
I rode my bicycle this morning for the first time in a few months, eight miles to the stadium and back, and I am still alive
I came in, sat down at my desk and saw that this thread was bumped back to life.
Tbone, let's see some pics of that bike as you bring it back to life.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-01-2011 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Without my willpower I still weigh 245.
PFF
System Bot
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2011 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Without my willpower I still weigh 245.

How much does will power weigh? hehehe
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Red88FF:

How much does will power weigh? hehehe

155 lbs
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-02-2011 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

155 lbs

I will be engaging my willpower again very very soon.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2011 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
had a "fun" summer of residing my house, so basicly - didnt go to the gym from august until last week
I am at 207 now. lost a solid 10 pounds NOT going to the gym.
but - after hitting the weights & such - seems much of the loss was muscle mass. gonna take a few weeks to get back where I was.

but - very near my 200# goal.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-31-2011 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I have been able to maintain my weight for some months now: 75 kilos, or 165lbs. Still not taking sugar, and am eating cereals and wholemeal bread. Cut out most butter and no yoghurt any more. Sleeping 6 hours on average every night. Working most days, usually 12-14 hour days.
Ellie has finished work now, so the cupboard has started to fill up with things I don't WANT to eat, but still get tempted
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-31-2011 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
The new year is comming up.
I'm gonna' give it another try.
I gotta' do it this time, for sure.
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Oh yeah, that sounds good to me. Since I started working at the restaurant and lost my buddy, I put 5 lbs back on.. I am back at 228. Not a biggie, but it is killing me being around that dessert station. Yeah, I gotta go to a New Years Day work party, and after that I am back to it. Totally missed my goal, but still, taking 40 lbs off was a good thing. I just really have not been trying last 3 months at all - but I will be here to support you and lose that last 40lbs, starting January 2nd.
Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

The new year is comming up.
I'm gonna' give it another try.
I gotta' do it this time, for sure.

I'm with you this year, Boonie. Gonna start a new thread for the new year, or continue onto this thread?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-31-2011 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Deabionni:

I'm with you this year, Boonie. Gonna start a new thread for the new year, or continue onto this thread?

New year, new thread I think.
It's up to Tbone though.
But I'm with ya' guys!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 12-31-2011).]

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Yeah, new thread. You go ahead and start it boon, I will post when you do.
PFF
System Bot
Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post
Count me in when the new thread is started.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post
The holidays have brought me back to 218, but I can live with that; 'tis the season to be jolly.
I went for a bicycle ride this morning and starting Monday, er...uh...Tuesday, it's back to the discipline.
Let's GO, boys and girls...Hup...Two...Three...

------------------

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Totally fell off the bandwagon... have just held steady.

Totally cutting out junk in the new year. Haven't had more than a glass of soda since I first posted in here, so that's good. I swear, once you stop drink drinking it completely, it'll be damn near impossible to stomach anymore. Just need to cut down on everything. Will definitely get a solid work out routine going after everything settles down.

But, for tonight, I'm making a white russian and ringing it in

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 12-31-2011).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-31-2011 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

Yeah, new thread. You go ahead and start it boon, I will post when you do.

Will do, my friend.
Let's really put our heads to it, so we can continue to be around and a total pain in each others ass for a very long time to come!

I already bought all the fresh food for tomorrow, but tonight I live!
Burger King Triple Whopper With Cheese!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 12-31-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock