Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Boondawg and Tbone42's Weight Loss Extravaganza (Page 6)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
Boondawg and Tbone42's Weight Loss Extravaganza by tbone42
Started on: 02-20-2011 07:53 PM
Replies: 314
Last post by: Boondawg on 12-31-2011 08:37 PM
fierogirls-mom

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Way to go guys!

Boonie, get back on track, I'm the queen of getting off track and gaining again...

T-bone, it will start coming off again, just keep at it!!

I got my arse out of bed this morning at 4:30 and hopped on the bike for a 1/2 hour. Proud of myself! lol I'm planing on doing another hour worth of work out when I get home from work and if I'm not dead by then, go for a walk at night. I've just got to keep telling myself I'm worth this, and do it!!

Keep at it guys!!! You've got to keep me inspired!
IP: Logged
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
I ran a 5k this weekend, finished it in 29 minutes and 54 seconds. Not excellent, but I'm still pretty pleased. Being older now (in my mid 30s), the best times that I've gotten were around 26-27. That was running my own "path" that I've plotted out that's exactly 3.2 miles. At this recent 5k, of course, you are lagged behind somewhat because starting off, you're bunched up with some other runners, some of which might not otherwise be intending to go full-on. Either way, pretty good considering the circumstances. This 5k also had some hills, which I do not have at the path that I've plotted out at home. For those who don't run 5ks... under 30 minutes is actually quite decent... but I ran track all through high school, and I still run now and then.

Since it was my birthday yesterday, I pigged out later that night. I weighed 206 pounds, but feel thinner than I did two weeks ago. I've also been weight lifting somewhat, so I'd like to think that I've gained some muscle. I don't have a belly, but my goal was to be 195 pounds. It's looking harder and harder to get to that point... either because it's not obtainable because I've gained too much muscle, or because I'm still eating in a way that I shouldn't!!! hahah...
fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
That's awesome!!! I always hated running but admire people that get out there and do it! Congrats, I think it's a great time!

Had to laugh at the getting older thing, just wait till your my age!!! Yikes!!!
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
In my mind I am still in my 20s, my body however has not been able to support that illusion.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post04-17-2011 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Hit my initial goal this week: 76 kilos (168 lbs) exactly this morning. Even managed to get into my work pants from 4 years ago (Modesty and 'self'serving' posting prevents me from posting a photo Ellie took of me this morning )
Now onwards towards my final goal. 68.5 kilos.(160 lbs +/-). Should be there in a week, I hope.
I have shed around 22 lbs since 8th february, and I put most of it down to consuming NO SUGAR in any form possible, eating fresh fruit and vegetables, very little red meat at all, no pre wrapped supermarket c rap, NO fizzy drinks, 1 cup of tea without sugar every day, and hard work in my garden/house. It WILL stay off now.
Following the same diet I have used, Ellie has lost around 15 lbs, and looks fantastic for it.next week, I hope I will be able to get into the leather jeans I had made 5 years ago, and never got thin enough to be able to wear them comfortably.
Maybe I should go back to doing the Elvis shows But that would mean dyeing my hair again every 10 days...no thanks!
Nick
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

Maybe I should go back to doing the Elvis shows But that would mean dyeing my hair again every 10 days...no thanks!
Nick

Elvis would have probably lost his hair. Go with " Elvis at 55." Works for me.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-17-2011 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogirls-mom:

Had to laugh at the getting older thing, just wait till your my age!!! Yikes!!!

I'll say!

fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Lost another 4 1/2 pounds last week. I busted my tush off, worked out for 1 hour and 50 minutes everyday except for one. I didn't cheat on eating either. I was hoping for a bit more, but 4 1/2 is good. Way to stick with it Nick!! I hope I can do as well!!
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-17-2011 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

You skipped right over my joke about your age?!
That makes it no fun!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 04-17-2011).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Lost another 4 1/2 pounds last week. I busted my tush off, worked out for 1 hour and 50 minutes everyday except for one. I didn't cheat on eating either. I was hoping for a bit more, but 4 1/2 is good. Way to stick with it Nick!! I hope I can do as well!!

Muscle weighs more than flab. 4 1/2 pounds is good if you are also toning up.
fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2011 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

You skipped right over my joke about your age?!
That makes it no fun!

I thought you were talking about yourself Boonie!!
It did make me laugh!!

Jake, yeah, yeah, I know. I can feel a difference, and one of the girls at work told me I looked thinner. That helps!!
PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2011 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
being spring showed up for a bit last week - I didnt make make it to the gym at all - until yesterday
weighed in at 219# - so was happy about that
found some AWESOME music for my MP3 player (see "Girl Talk" thread) which kept me going on the eliptical until it told me to get the heck off and do something else.
I also found a new item which seems to help: Niacin
I've been taking niacin 500mg daily, and it is waking up this old metabolism
the first few days it was like drinking a Jolt or something
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2011 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 08-11-2011).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-28-2011 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Seems a little quiet in here lately You all given UP???
I put most of my success at reaching my first goal simply on the fact that I quit sugar in all forms, as much as possible. It seriously causes a LOT of problems if it is a daily, and excessive component in our diets. I have continued to eat my ';fruit cocktail' every day, and I feel so much better!!! I can now wear my old Elvis 'Comeback Special' leather jeans and top...not that I DO...not very appropriate for everyday dress code I just wanted to get back to the way I was a few years ago. I have 'plateau'd' at 76 kilos, but now the weather is improving, I hope to tone up this ol'body and be happy to look in the mirror when I get out of the bath, instead of getting depressed at the 'blob' that usually greeted my eyes
Come on, Guys...you WILL FEEL BETTER!!! MUCH better!
Nick

the Elvis 2011 Comeback Special aka the Elvis Snowbird Show So...I did it!!!! HEHEHEHE!!!

164lbs

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 04-28-2011).]

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
no, havent given up
still going to the gym - tho - with spring - its tougher to find time
and again to add: Niacin - great supplement to add.
tho, still bobbling around 220# - not horribly concerned with the actual number - being I can see the beer belly shrinking.
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

PK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKDirect Link to This Post
I was in on the last weight loss thread but it kind of disintegrated eventually and I gave up posting but never gave up losing weight. Have found the key for me which is MASSIVE doses of exercise. The recent acceleration of fuel prices has actually given me some health/wallet benefits as I have dramatically cut non essential fuel powered trips and replaced with the treader (bicycle). On cold wet days, I replace with an excercise bike. Swim 1km every day and eat what I like. Have been consistently losing 2lbs/week. Blood pressure 104/68 pulse 47.

Another thing that is essential for me is weekly weigh in and pictures of progress as sometimes I doubt that it is all worth it....until I look at comparison photos.

Good luck to all.

Cheers
PK
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post
I have been eating like the pig that I am! the fat man is dieing to get out but I say not by the hair of my double chin chin!

Pizza, spaghetti, hamburgers and bacon, cake and candy. My family has about 13 birthdays in march and April so lots of restaurants and cake,,,,, and ice cream. Oh, and of course jelly beans are on close out sales now.

Amazingly I have not gained any more weight, initially thought I might have gained a few pounds back but I think it was more water weight etc. from sodium and onion rings,,,,, god dammit I love those onion rings!

I have axed a few routines from my weight lifting and am getting better results from doing less. There is a term for this kind of burn out but I can't think of what it is right now, yes, you CAN do too much.

Was hoping to be down another pant size by my birthday, but that came and went again. Yup missed yet another mark. On the bright side, I am down 17 pounds from last birthday and about 45 pounds down from the one before that (two years) so the lifestyle changes are having a slow but lasing effect.
fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2011 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Down 20 pounds now! Haven't given up at all Nick!! Went to doctors on Tuesday, she was so happy I lost weight and she took me off of part of my high blood pressure medicine. I'm keeping an eye on it. It's sometimes dipping under 100, most of the times it's ranges from 105/58 to 116/65. I think if it continues to be that low for a week I'm calling her and getting off of this crap!! Just took my blood pressure now, it's 97/58, and that's after working out for an hour, and taking a shower.

Woke up at 4:30, and rode the bike for an hour, feeling great right now. Been working out for at least an hour a day, most days it's more like 1 hour 30 - 40 mins. I've been eating right too. Although, Tom doesn't make it easy, he brought home Dunkin Donuts yesterday, and there are Cheese its, and cheese balls just sitting around. Sometimes it's hard to resist, but I usually win out.

All in all, I'm feeling good, the pants are hanging around my hips, and I have a lot more energy!
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-29-2011 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Well done Dar!! And...'this thread is useless without pics.....of Darlene with her pants hangin' off her hips!!'
Nick
RossT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTDirect Link to This Post
I have just gone below 200 lbs for the first time in about 10 years. Was 226 the first week of March and as of yesterday I am at 199.
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2011 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
I'm back up to 250......
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post
187 as of Sunday! stomach flu gave me a good jump start. now just have to keep up the momentum.
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
I gained 4 pounds over the the draft week...

I'm going to run tonight... hopefully I can get back to where I was... not pleased with myself right now.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2011 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I have only lost 1.5 lbs WEIGHT last week, but I think I have replaced some fat with muscle
I have 3 pairs of brand new jeans I bought some 5 years ago and could never get into them. Another 1.5 inches off my waist, and I will have some free new clothes to wear, including a nice casual jeans waist coat I couldn't get into either. It is a squeeze, but I can get it done up now
I am still eating my strawberries, banana and green apple with plain natural unsweetened yoghourt, and I guess I love it so much, I will never get tired of eating it
Nick
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-06-2011 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I've reached my goal 160 lbs. I am soooo happy now!!
These blue jeans are 30 inch waist, and I have had them in my wardrobe for 5 years, un-used Didn't even have to struggle to get into them this morning.

It IS soooo worth it. My eyesight has improved, as has my hearing slightly, and my BP is now 115/68. I only have to take my medication every other day, and on the day between, it barely rises at all. I put it down mainly to no sugar, eating my fruit yoghourt cocktail instead of an evening meal, and hard physical labour in my garden. I would never have believed that carrying around those extra 29lbs would have had such a bad effect on my health.
I WILL stay at this weight now, for as long as I live I WILL.
Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 05-06-2011).]

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-06-2011 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Good Man!!
Nick
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-07-2011 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Just by way of a comparison...me 2 years ago:

Terrible! Can't believe I let myself go so far until now
Nick
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-15-2011 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Back down to 241 from 250.
It was easy, all I had to do was start a new job, get waywayway stressed out there, only eat once a day at 6pm and go to bed every night at 9pm so I can get up at 5am for work.
9 pounds in 6 days.
D B Cooper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperDirect Link to This Post
I had let myself slide pretty bad the last few years and got from my usual 165-170 up to 220. At the end of March I had a checkup and the doc wanted me to go on a cholesterol prescription and said my BP was close to the point where I should be taking something for it... that was kind of a wakeup call. At present I'm about halfway to having my sh!t straightened out... 194 last I checked. Just had to go find a nice stripper to aid in motivation... expensive way to motivate oneself, but I've known me long enough to know what works

[This message has been edited by D B Cooper (edited 05-15-2011).]

fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
I'm down 23 pounds now.

Sucks when you are having 1200 calories and working out for 2 1/2 hours a day (1/2 hour on bike, 1 hour of zumba, and 1 hour on eliptical) and can only lose 2 1/2 pounds. Oh well, I've just got to keep on keeping on.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post
For the last 10 years, I have worked in an office and I really let myself go. I am 56 years old, 6'1” tall and I have always had high blood pressure. A year ago, after weighing in at over 245 lbs, I decided to do something about it.

Since last summer, I have tried to eat right; I exercise each morning and ride my bicycle to work whenever I can.

Today, I weigh 215 lbs; and immediately after riding my bike four miles home against an 11 to 27 mph headwind, in 97 degree weather, my blood pressure was 136/83 with 112 pulse. One hour later it was 128/72 with 74 pulse.

I still want to loose another 10-15 lbs, but I just might live forever.

Dec 2009:

Oct 2010:

Mar 2011:

------------------

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 05-27-2011).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2011 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
OK, so I'm braggin' I think I earned it
As of this morning, I weigh in at exactly 70 kilos, 154lbs. I feel GOOD
Now all I need is a head transplant, and I'll be 21 again BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Nick
Wow!! Williegoat!! Well done!! Brilliant performance

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 06-01-2011).]

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
still goin'

I am down to bouncing between 215-218
havnt been going to the gym as much now with the nice weather - but riding my bicycle alot
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-13-2011 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
I am hovering around 242 with no dieting, just work.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock