Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  I Could Use Some Prayers/Good Vibes For My Daddy Right Now (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
I Could Use Some Prayers/Good Vibes For My Daddy Right Now by whadeduck
Started on: 10-25-2010 09:56 AM
Replies: 79
Last post by: whadeduck on 03-02-2011 08:20 PM
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
I just got off of the phone with his doctor at the Bath, NY VA hospital. His kidneys and liver are failing. He's diabetic and he pretty much tried to drink himself to death over the Labor Day weekend so it pretty much gets rid of his chances of a transplant. I'm about 800 miles away and I want to be there with him when it happens. But I don't want to go see him now, be on my way back, and have him pass then. Please, send good vibes/prayes that he passes without pain or sufferring. To be honest, I'm having a very difficult time holding it together right now.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 10-25-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Good vibe to him and you and the rest of your family. And prayers from Melanie and Amanda.

Steve, Melanie and Amanda

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
From my lips to His ears.......

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum.
isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
Prayers sent.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
Prayers ent.

Jim
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
Prayers and good vibes sent to your father, you, and your family.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
*Positive throughts sent*

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
I am very sorry to hear about your Dad.
You and your family will be in our thoughts. Losing a parent is one of the hardest things I have ever faced in my life.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Prayers for you and your family in this difficult time.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post10-25-2010 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
In all things, faith.
Stay strong.
fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
So sorry to hear about this.
Sending you good thoughts your way.
PFF
System Bot
DRA

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post
You and yours are always in my thoughts and prayers.

------------------
Dealing with failure is easy: work hard to improve. Success is also easy to handle: you've solved the wrong problem, work hard to improve.

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
I was able to talk to my daddy just a few minutes ago. He sounds very tired, out of breath, and slightly drugged. They've drained yet another litre of fluid out of him and he has some pretty bad adeama (sp) in his legs. I didn't get good vibes from talking to him, but he's a fighter.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Is he on dialysis?
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
No regrets and Remember the good times. You'll be OK and so will he. Prayers sent.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfDirect Link to This Post
Hello Im filled with the same emotions myself as Ive been going back and forth to ICU this whole week, as my mother is in with the same symtoms. Here liver is flailing and not a canidate for a transplant and I have asked for a DNR which basicly means no extra measures. Just giving her my love as with my family. Give love and prayers Norm
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
In my prayers as well.

Peace.
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
Prayers sent.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
You guys will be in my prayers. My father is going into open heart surgery on wed so i know the feeling. good luck to you
psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post
Love and good vibes to you and everyone effected. There are no words to melt the pain away, but keep those who love you, and who you love in your close circle right now.
tmur115

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tmur115Send a Private Message to tmur115Direct Link to This Post
Sending you good thoughts your way
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-26-2010 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Mee to man.........
v6autogt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for v6autogtSend a Private Message to v6autogtDirect Link to This Post
Prayers sent from me and my family.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
whadeduck....

Any update on your dad's condition? How's he doing?

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 10-26-2010).]

Fieros_Forever

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieros_ForeverSend a Private Message to Fieros_ForeverDirect Link to This Post

I've lost my Mother, and my Father has a few health issues still going on. I can feel for you.

You are in my Prayers. If you need anything, I am just a PM away.

-Bobby

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
I wasn't able to talk to the doctor yesterday. My phone must've hit a dead spot and all I got was a voicemail. I called back immediately to see if the doc was still around but missed him. I'll keep trying today.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post

whadeduck

8907 posts
Member since Jul 2004
I talked to the doc this morning. It sounds like it could be days, or weeks, or even months. But not long. His kidneys and liver are failing and his BP is low. He'd never survive a transplant even if he were a candidate. I'm heading up to the Bath VA next week to see him. The doc said it's a good idea to do so because, as his condition degrades, he may start to not recognize people. I'll see if I can collect any papers he wants, things from home, clothes. For everyone else's sake and his, I'll have to hold it together and try to pretend that it's not ripping my heart apart. Thanks for everyone's well wishes.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
God Bless Duckman!
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

I talked to the doc this morning. It sounds like it could be days, or weeks, or even months. But not long. His kidneys and liver are failing and his BP is low. He'd never survive a transplant even if he were a candidate. I'm heading up to the Bath VA next week to see him. The doc said it's a good idea to do so because, as his condition degrades, he may start to not recognize people. I'll see if I can collect any papers he wants, things from home, clothes. For everyone else's sake and his, I'll have to hold it together and try to pretend that it's not ripping my heart apart. Thanks for everyone's well wishes.

Be strong for him, but be sure to let others be strong for you. A wise man once told me that it is just as important to accept help than it is to help others.

Best thoughts and prayers your way.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
This isn't going to be easy. I'm on my own for this one. My older brother is in Australia and my little brother is in South Dakota. I seem to be the only one able to make the trip and see to it that my father's wishes are met should the time come. The doc suggested this morning that I go while his condition is still good enough that he can recognize me and make decisions for himself.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Again more good vibes to him and you. If you have one bring a small voice recorder. Or buy one. Just to show that what you do is what he wanted.

Good luck to you both.

Steve

------------------

PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
I'm hoping he already has pretty much everything planned. He's a pretty organized kind of guy. But I just want to see him and try and figure out what's what.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Again more good vibes to him and you. If you have one bring a small voice recorder. Or buy one. Just to show that what you do is what he wanted.

Good luck to you both.

Steve

Thats good advice. Take it from Steve the attorney hater. Good Luck and Good Vibes.
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Prayer sent.
hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
whadeduck and normsf, Your parents would much more rather have it this way than have your roles reversed.You are supposed to go before your kids.May they go in painless peace,knowing they are loved.I always picture them(my parents and brothers) on a cliff looking down through the clouds with God's arm on their shoulder and God saying "See,I told you they would be alright".
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
I wanted to thank everyone for their well-wishes and prayers sent for my daddy. I talked to him earlier today. They have him on morphene and he said he can barely walk. He sounded so weak and so drugged on the phone. To know that he's in that condition and knows the end is coming is tearing me appart. So far, I'm holding it together. But I don't know how much longer I can keep my composure.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-29-2010 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Please accept our prayers...
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by WBailey1041:
Thats good advice. Take it from Steve the attorney hater. Good Luck and Good Vibes.

Thanks I resemble that. It is also that I have been there when my Mom went. She sat us all down, all 5 of us and told us what she wanted. We agreed to do as she wished then and there, I even had everyone sign a document I wrote up a few days later.

Yet things went bad later because she went so soon and didn’t have time to complete her will.

Not going into it here and I just want Whade to cross all his T’s and dot all his I’s.

Good vibes to you all Whade.

Steve

------------------

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
I'm getting some help from my daddy's ex-wife. She's a nurse and said she'd ask him the hard questions. I trust her. They divorced on good terms. And, to be honest, I know what has to be asked, I just don't know if I can get the words out knowing that may be the last conversation I ever have with him. My little brother is able to make it from South Dakota. He's leaving Rapid City on Wednesday. That should put him in New York on Friday. My daddy was going to move down here next year and enjoy his retirement in a much warmer climate. I don't reckon that's going to happen now. He seems to be failing fast. Thanks to War Hammer (Paul) too. He's a good friend and will look after my house while I'm away.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Just talked to my daddy again. Sounds like his spirits are good. But I've been told he's very jaundice. That's gonna be hard to see.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave