w00t lets go RAVENS! by hookdonspeed
Started on: 08-13-2009 09:06 PM
Replies: 313
Last post by: tbone42 on 01-16-2011 12:26 AM
grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
ive heard rumors that we are finally getting rid of haushka... is it true?
IP: Logged
BENGAL4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black88GT:

That Ravens Browns game was brutal. I can't imagine the ratings for that mess. Our offense has started slow in every game so far this year, its something we really have to change if we are going to beat the better teams. I'm still holding out hope but its not looking good for our playoff hopes.

And yea I'm really impressed with the Bengals D. Quite frankly they are the reason why they are winning games, the offense hasn't been incredibly impressive. If the offense can pull it together like they did in the Bears game they'll be scary come the playoffs.

I was so glad the Stealers lost though, we needed that for the wild card race. Our only chance is to beat them twice, not impossible to do but unlikely.

For the most part the Bengal fans are polite, but yes you always have the younger, drunker element. I've had to say something to a lot of Ravens fans at Ravens games that fit that profile, you get that with any fan base unfortunately.

Regarding Larry Johnson, I guess its good for depth but that guy is a bigger nut than Chris Henry. He's a time bomb waiting to explode.

Hopefully, Larry Johnson has already exploded for this season. As for Chris Henry, he seems to have gotten his act together. He is marrying a samoan lady and she is giving him stabilty in a family setting, he has never had before.

Same here on calling out the young, drunk, Bengal fans. We were playing Green Bay, and a couple of youngsters, were dropping F-bombs on an older Green Bay couple. Me and a couple of buddies, went over and politely told them to STFU, or we were getting security. They did and we didn't.

I would think the Ravens WC possibilities are pretty good. It looks like you have the tie-breakers, Denver, San Diego and Pittsburgh down the road. Jjust keep on winning and maybe we meet in the playoffs. That's if we keep winning too. There are alot of games left.

BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

BENGAL4

1137 posts
Member since Jul 99

Originally posted by grkboy707:

ive heard rumors that we are finally getting rid of haushka... is it true?

You should. As a former kicker & punter (college), when it gets into your head, your finished and I think Haushka is. Should have kept Matt Stover.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

BENGAL4

1137 posts
Member since Jul 99
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by BENGAL4:

Just in. Hauschka is gone.

http://www.cbssports.com/nf...atic-kicker-hauschka

YES!!!!! and the stover thing,... yeah. what made us decide to give him up? weed or alcohol?
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

YES!!!!! and the stover thing,... yeah. what made us decide to give him up? weed or alcohol?

Somebody was smoking something. No, it was age and money because Stover is 41 and was due another contract and he can't kickoff.

[This message has been edited by BENGAL4 (edited 11-19-2009).]

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2009 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Hopefully, Larry Johnson has already exploded for this season. As for Chris Henry, he seems to have gotten his act together. He is marrying a samoan lady and she is giving him stabilty in a family setting, he has never had before.

Same here on calling out the young, drunk, Bengal fans. We were playing Green Bay, and a couple of youngsters, were dropping F-bombs on an older Green Bay couple. Me and a couple of buddies, went over and politely told them to STFU, or we were getting security. They did and we didn't.

I would think the Ravens WC possibilities are pretty good. It looks like you have the tie-breakers, Denver, San Diego and Pittsburgh down the road. Jjust keep on winning and maybe we meet in the playoffs. That's if we keep winning too. There are alot of games left.

I think our possibilities are waining. We have to either beat the Colts and split one with the Steelers, or beat the Steelers twice. I don't have a good feeling about this Sunday since the Colts own us...and beating the Steelers twice is unlikely. Not impossible, but not likely. What derailed us this year was two fold - we have no receivers that can take advantage of the modern day NFL officiating, and our o-line which looked great last year has regressed. We were giving up sacks or hurries to Cleveland when they were rushing three or four. I had an epiphany at that moment - we aren't winning **** with this o-line. Even earlier in the year it was evident but Flacco just made some great plays. Teams though have figured out a lot of our tendencies the last few weeks and that's what has killed us.

The Bengals definitely have a chance to make a run at it if their offense can pull together, and like every other team avoid the big injuries. I think the Super Bowl is up for grabs this year, every team has some flaws, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Gotta love the NFL.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

I think our possibilities are waining. We have to either beat the Colts and split one with the Steelers, or beat the Steelers twice. I don't have a good feeling about this Sunday since the Colts own us...and beating the Steelers twice is unlikely. Not impossible, but not likely. What derailed us this year was two fold - we have no receivers that can take advantage of the modern day NFL officiating, and our o-line which looked great last year has regressed. We were giving up sacks or hurries to Cleveland when they were rushing three or four. I had an epiphany at that moment - we aren't winning **** with this o-line. Even earlier in the year it was evident but Flacco just made some great plays. Teams though have figured out a lot of our tendencies the last few weeks and that's what has killed us.

The Bengals definitely have a chance to make a run at it if their offense can pull together, and like every other team avoid the big injuries. I think the Super Bowl is up for grabs this year, every team has some flaws, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Gotta love the NFL.

Tough loss. We had the Ravens-Colts game here. Don't know what Flacco saw on that last INT. At least the kicking situation looks to be solved.

As for my boys, what a stinker. They drive the ball down Oakland's throat the first 2 times they had the ball for TD's. After that, it looked like the ball had butter on it. They were driving again in the 4th quarter and fumble on 15. Had them 4th & 10 and give up the 1st down. Let them tie the game and on the kickoff, I'm yelling< "Hold onto the ball". We fumble.

Oh well. Bring on the Brownies.

grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
Dear refs,
Reed was down. give us 17 seconds back.
yours truly,
greg
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Dear refs,
Reed was down. give us 17 seconds back.
yours truly,
greg

Dear Ravens Fans,

Please stop blaming all of your losses on us ref's. I'm sure Flacco's INT had nothing to do with it.

Sincerly,

Mr. Zebra

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 04:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Tough loss. We had the Ravens-Colts game here. Don't know what Flacco saw on that last INT. At least the kicking situation looks to be solved.

As for my boys, what a stinker. They drive the ball down Oakland's throat the first 2 times they had the ball for TD's. After that, it looked like the ball had butter on it. They were driving again in the 4th quarter and fumble on 15. Had them 4th & 10 and give up the 1st down. Let them tie the game and on the kickoff, I'm yelling< "Hold onto the ball". We fumble.

Oh well. Bring on the Brownies.

Well they said the linebacker faked like he was going to blitz, so I think Flacco wasn't expecting him to be there. Yea the kicker played well, I think everyone was nervous as hell when he kicked the first one, but he only missed one of six that's a lot better than the other kicker would have done.

Honestly I wasn't too surprised about the Bengals game. Oakland seems to be a little feisty at home and Cincy hasn't been that strong in their road games this year outside of maybe Green Bay. I'll be honest with you I was glad they lost so the media can jump off the bandwagon for a week, all they talked about last week was the infamous Belicheat 4th down call and the Bengals! Got a little old after a while haha.

So I was in a survivor pool, I had Arizona as my team all week, changed it at the last minute to the Steelers. That's right, the one friggin day all year I actually WANT those SOB's to win, they sh!t the bed. Un-friggin-believable. As if I couldn't hate them any more than I already do. BTW if you check out chiefsplanet.com there are some funny threads over there about stupid Steeler fans in their stadium. They are all the same I swear.

At least you have a gimme win this week...Ravens are in a true must win this weekend, I hope Jen plays....
PFF
System Bot
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 04:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Black88GT

4271 posts
Member since May 2000

Dear Ravens Fans,

Please stop blaming all of your losses on us ref's. I'm sure Flacco's INT had nothing to do with it.

Sincerly,

Mr. Zebra

We have undoubtedly been on the wrong end of some horrendous calls this year, but the officials didn't cause us to lose that game.

Funny you point out that INT though, our LT flinched a little but the false start wasn't called on that play

If you can't score a TD from the one inch line you don't deserve to win, bottom line.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

We have undoubtedly been on the wrong end of some horrendous calls this year, but the officials didn't cause us to lose that game.

Funny you point out that INT though, our LT flinched a little but the false start wasn't called on that play

If you can't score a TD from the one inch line you don't deserve to win, bottom line.

I forgot about the the LT. They brought that up on TV.

The Bengals have never won in Oakland. That goes back to 1968 and the AFL. They also had a playoff game there in 1975 and lost 31-28. That was Paul Browns last game as coach. From the looks of the crowd size there, the Raiders might not be in Oakland much longer.

BTW, my comment was directed at the other Ravens fans on this post. I dont think they are too knowledgeble.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

BENGAL4

1137 posts
Member since Jul 99

Well they said the linebacker faked like he was going to blitz, so I think Flacco wasn't expecting him to be there. Yea the kicker played well, I think everyone was nervous as hell when he kicked the first one, but he only missed one of six that's a lot better than the other kicker would have done.

Honestly I wasn't too surprised about the Bengals game. Oakland seems to be a little feisty at home and Cincy hasn't been that strong in their road games this year outside of maybe Green Bay. I'll be honest with you I was glad they lost so the media can jump off the bandwagon for a week, all they talked about last week was the infamous Belicheat 4th down call and the Bengals! Got a little old after a while haha.

So I was in a survivor pool, I had Arizona as my team all week, changed it at the last minute to the Steelers. That's right, the one friggin day all year I actually WANT those SOB's to win, they sh!t the bed. Un-friggin-believable. As if I couldn't hate them any more than I already do. BTW if you check out chiefsplanet.com there are some funny threads over there about stupid Steeler fans in their stadium. They are all the same I swear.

At least you have a gimme win this week...Ravens are in a true must win this weekend, I hope Jen plays....

The Bengals were 4-0 on the road before the Oakland game, they have always had trouble going to the west coast, but they beat the Raiders up and down the field just to implode at the end.

Well, put the Steelers out of thier misery sunday. You know, all the announcers will talk about, is Ben's head. A few years ago, he hurt his thumb and every other play they talked about it.

Have a great Thanksgiving my friend. I wont be online again until Monday. Got the Browns game Sunday. It did sell out, but there wont be that many Browns fans there.

kslish

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kslishSend a Private Message to kslishDirect Link to This Post
I can only hope that the Steelers get their butts chewed out by the coaches this week for the Kansas City game but I'm not expecting it. The fire just doesn't seem to be there this year and I blame that on the coaching staff. Seems like since they won the Superbowl and they no longer have an "underdog" status there just isn't any push to win and it seems like they are going through the motions "expecting" to win against lesser competitors, only coming to play all out against teams like the Vikings and Chargers but taking it easy against KC. Tomlin doesn't get fired up at his players on the sideline when they screw up and if you watch the replays of the end of the Cheifs game, three Steelers pull up during the overtime Chambers pass run all expecting the "other guy" to make the play....news flash....nobody makes the play!

I also don't agree with the call to punt on fourth-and-5 from the Kansas City 38-yard line. The Steelers gained 515 yards on offense in the game and averaged 6.6 yards per play, yet they punt. I know Ben was seeing stars and apparently Charlie Batch immediately injured his wrist on the next play, but still...you do have two more than capable running backs that have a decent chance of making the 1st down. The punt gave KC the ball on the 20....a whole 18 yards further down the field than they already were.

The Bengals seem to have fire.....although I don't know what happened last week....didn't see the game. The Bengals also are the only team that I think the Steelers came to play against "ready" to play and got beat when the team was playing like they should....the other losses are because of stupid coaching calls and playing it easy against poor teams only to get surprised in the 4th quarter when the other "lesser" team is still playing all out. The Steeler's coaches are probably also counting on the usual late year Cincy implosion but I think they are the real deal this year now that they actually have a defense.

This whole season reminds me of the 2006 season after Cower got his ring and he already had one foot out the door and the entire team mailed it in that year. Tomlin doesn't have that excuse.

I'm getting tickets to the Steelers/Green Bay game so I hope they get their act together before then. Bring on the Ratbirds who's main goal now is probably to end the Steeler's season.

[This message has been edited by kslish (edited 11-25-2009).]

BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by kslish:

I can only hope that the Steelers get their butts chewed out by the coaches this week for the Kansas City game but I'm not expecting it. The fire just doesn't seem to be there this year and I blame that on the coaching staff. Seems like since they won the Superbowl and they no longer have an "underdog" status there just isn't any push to win and it seems like they are going through the motions "expecting" to win against lesser competitors, only coming to play all out against teams like the Vikings and Chargers but taking it easy against KC. Tomlin doesn't get fired up at his players on the sideline when they screw up and if you watch the replays of the end of the Cheifs game, three Steelers pull up during the overtime Chambers pass run all expecting the "other guy" to make the play....news flash....nobody makes the play!

I also don't agree with the call to punt on fourth-and-5 from the Kansas City 38-yard line. The Steelers gained 515 yards on offense in the game and averaged 6.6 yards per play, yet they punt. I know Ben was seeing stars and apparently Charlie Batch immediately injured his wrist on the next play, but still...you do have two more than capable running backs that have a decent chance of making the 1st down. The punt gave KC the ball on the 20....a whole 18 yards further down the field than they already were.

The Bengals seem to have fire.....although I don't know what happened last week....didn't see the game. The Bengals also are the only team that I think the Steelers came to play against "ready" to play and got beat when the team was playing like they should....the other losses are because of stupid coaching calls and playing it easy against poor teams only to get surprised in the 4th quarter when the other "lesser" team is still playing all out. The Steeler's coaches are probably also counting on the usual late year Cincy implosion but I think they are the real deal this year now that they actually have a defense.

This whole season reminds me of the 2006 season after Cower got his ring and he already had one foot out the door and the entire team mailed it in that year. Tomlin doesn't have that excuse.

I'm getting tickets to the Steelers/Green Bay game so I hope they get their act together before then. Bring on the Ratbirds who's main goal now is probably to end the Steeler's season.

You didn't miss anything with the Bengals game. As I have stated in previous posts, they fumbled the game away. I guess they can't win on the west coast.

I think the Steelers are hurting. They thought teams were going to lay down for them and they are not. The Ravens know this is thier season and it might be the Steelers season too. I'm glad it is a primetime game so we will see it in Cincinnati.

Bring on the Stains (Browns)

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2009 04:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

The Bengals were 4-0 on the road before the Oakland game, they have always had trouble going to the west coast, but they beat the Raiders up and down the field just to implode at the end.

Well, put the Steelers out of thier misery sunday. You know, all the announcers will talk about, is Ben's head. A few years ago, he hurt his thumb and every other play they talked about it.

Have a great Thanksgiving my friend. I wont be online again until Monday. Got the Browns game Sunday. It did sell out, but there wont be that many Browns fans there.

Bengals are 4-0 on the road but none of those wins have been convincing. They only beat Cleveland by 3, Green Bay by 7, Baltimore by 3 with questionable calls on the last drive, and the Steelers by 6.

The problem I've noticed with Palmer over the last few games is beating the blitz. I seem to remember him doing that quite well when he first started out, but man has he been struggling as of late. Luckily for Cincy the solid running game has helped move the offense along, but Palmer has to start playing better if they want to make a run at it.

Big win for my Ravens tonight, boy did we need it. Finally we win a close game! The Steelers are far from out of it though, they have an easier schedule than the Ravens coming up, plus they have us at home and will probably have Ben and Troy back for that game. It's going to be interesting to see which one of the wildcard teams in contention will catch fire in December and make a run!

[This message has been edited by Black88GT (edited 11-30-2009).]

grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2009 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post

Bengals are 4-0 on the road but none of those wins have been convincing. They only beat Cleveland by 3, Green Bay by 7, Baltimore by 3 with questionable calls on the last drive, and the Steelers by 6.

The problem I've noticed with Palmer over the last few games is beating the blitz. I seem to remember him doing that quite well when he first started out, but man has he been struggling as of late. Luckily for Cincy the solid running game has helped move the offense along, but Palmer has to start playing better if they want to make a run at it.

Big win for my Ravens tonight, boy did we need it. Finally we win a close game! The Steelers are far from out of it though, they have an easier schedule than the Ravens coming up, plus they have us at home and will probably have Ben and Troy back for that game. It's going to be interesting to see which one of the wildcard teams in contention will catch fire in December and make a run!

That game should not have been so close.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2009 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Granted, the road wins were close, but look where the games were held at. Except for Cleveland, GB, Pittsburgh and Baltimore are tough places to win and a W is a W. I know the Bengals passing game needs to step up. Yesterdays win over the Browns, was a runners dream. And if I remember right, the Ravens had no passing attack in their Super Bowl run. You know what it takes to win in the AFC North, running and defense. The Bengals finally have both.

Great win fir the Ravens last night. I thought it was over when Dixon ran it in for the TD. Good thing they had Billy Cundiff.
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Granted, the road wins were close, but look where the games were held at. Except for Cleveland, GB, Pittsburgh and Baltimore are tough places to win and a W is a W. I know the Bengals passing game needs to step up. Yesterdays win over the Browns, was a runners dream. And if I remember right, the Ravens had no passing attack in their Super Bowl run. You know what it takes to win in the AFC North, running and defense. The Bengals finally have both.

Great win fir the Ravens last night. I thought it was over when Dixon ran it in for the TD. Good thing they had Billy Cundiff.

I agree. The thing about the Bengals is that I expected their defense to be improved, I expected Benson to have a good year, but I also expect Palmer to put up pro bowl numbers. The passing game is lacking, and I agree the Ravens won without one but that was 9 years ago. That was before the new rules where if you fall and brush a QB's knees you get 15 yards, and a cornerback could push a WR who pushes him, and OPI flags weren't thrown for uncatchable balls. The NFL is a passing league now, look at the teams who are the best in the league then look up their passing stats or QB stats.

I think the Bengals are good don't get me wrong, but if the passing game gets going they will be scary come playoff time.
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Black88GT

4271 posts
Member since May 2000

Flacco has been hurt since the Vikings game, that is just coming out now. Look at our offense in the beginning of the year and now, it's a huge difference. He isn't moving in the pocket well at all. Unfortunately with the injuries I don't see us making a run at it this year.
PFF
System Bot
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

I agree. The thing about the Bengals is that I expected their defense to be improved, I expected Benson to have a good year, but I also expect Palmer to put up pro bowl numbers. The passing game is lacking, and I agree the Ravens won without one but that was 9 years ago. That was before the new rules where if you fall and brush a QB's knees you get 15 yards, and a cornerback could push a WR who pushes him, and OPI flags weren't thrown for uncatchable balls. The NFL is a passing league now, look at the teams who are the best in the league then look up their passing stats or QB stats.

I think the Bengals are good don't get me wrong, but if the passing game gets going they will be scary come playoff time.

From what was in the newspaper yesterday, the Bengals game plan was to run, run, run against the Browns. Look at the Giants SB victory a few years ago. They ran the ball and kept the Patriots offense off the field. I am concerned with the Bengals passing game. Carson had no time to throw sunday. And when he did, it was off his back foot. With games against the Vikings and the Chargers looming, they had better get the timing fixed because if they get behind by alot, it's over.

One team thats scary right now is the Titans. Looks like it is too little too late though. If they go up and knock off the Colts Sunday, they might be able to make a run.

kslish

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kslishSend a Private Message to kslishDirect Link to This Post

Agreed. I was expecting the Steelers to get blown out, but was surprised with the play of Dixon....he's got potential. I think Charlie Batch's days as being Ben's main backup are numbered. Can't blame him and his inexperience against the zone defense for the loss....he only got half the snaps in practice this week and the Steeler's offensive play book isn't really built around his skill set (they should have ran him some more in play action situation and bootlegs).

The Steelers defense and their lack of effectiveness without Troy P. is what's got me confused. They've absolutely been horrid in the fourth quarter. I think that the they've given up leads twice in the fourth quarter and lost two overtimes and all of their losses are only by something like a combined 18 points. I agree with BENGAL4, a W is a W and you have to find a way to win (or for the Steelers, find a way to not lose the win late in the game).

There is something definitely wrong with Flacco....he's not very mobile and looks like his ankle got tweeked pretty bad (don't know if it was a new or re-aggravated injury).

BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Flacco has been hurt since the Vikings game, that is just coming out now. Look at our offense in the beginning of the year and now, it's a huge difference. He isn't moving in the pocket well at all. Unfortunately with the injuries I don't see us making a run at it this year.

My neighbor brought that up Sunday night. What is the injury?
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

BENGAL4

1137 posts
Member since Jul 99

Originally posted by kslish:

Agreed. I was expecting the Steelers to get blown out, but was surprised with the play of Dixon....he's got potential. I think Charlie Batch's days as being Ben's main backup are numbered. Can't blame him and his inexperience against the zone defense for the loss....he only got half the snaps in practice this week and the Steeler's offensive play book isn't really built around his skill set (they should have ran him some more in play action situation and bootlegs).

The Steelers defense and their lack of effectiveness without Troy P. is what's got me confused. They've absolutely been horrid in the fourth quarter. I think that the they've given up leads twice in the fourth quarter and lost two overtimes and all of their losses are only by something like a combined 18 points. I agree with BENGAL4, a W is a W and you have to find a way to win (or for the Steelers, find a way to not lose the win late in the game).

There is something definitely wrong with Flacco....he's not very mobile and looks like his ankle got tweeked pretty bad (don't know if it was a new or re-aggravated injury).

I think the reason the Steelers didn't run Dixon any more than they did was, they had no one to back him up in case he went down.

I also think the Steelers problems are mental and nothing a good butt whipping wouldn't solve. Easy for me to say that since the Bengals don't have to play them again, Wwell maybe the playoffs, but let wait until both teams get there.
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Dear Ravens and Steelers,

If it is all the same to you, could you please both lose to Green Bay? That way, neither of you is hurt by it because neither loses ground to each other. But we could really use the two victories to get a wild card spot.

Thanks,

Green Bay Packers fans

P.S. Doesn't need to be a blow-out or anything. Close games are fine.
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2009 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

From what was in the newspaper yesterday, the Bengals game plan was to run, run, run against the Browns. Look at the Giants SB victory a few years ago. They ran the ball and kept the Patriots offense off the field. I am concerned with the Bengals passing game. Carson had no time to throw sunday. And when he did, it was off his back foot. With games against the Vikings and the Chargers looming, they had better get the timing fixed because if they get behind by alot, it's over.

One team thats scary right now is the Titans. Looks like it is too little too late though. If they go up and knock off the Colts Sunday, they might be able to make a run.

Yea that seems to be the key to stopping the Bengals offense, get pressure on Carson.

The Titans are scary, but they only have one loss before they are pretty much out of it. I don't think they'll run the table.
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2009 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Black88GT

4271 posts
Member since May 2000

Originally posted by frontal lobe:

Dear Ravens and Steelers,

If it is all the same to you, could you please both lose to Green Bay? That way, neither of you is hurt by it because neither loses ground to each other. But we could really use the two victories to get a wild card spot.

Thanks,

Green Bay Packers fans

P.S. Doesn't need to be a blow-out or anything. Close games are fine.

Well if it's a close game we have a pretty good chance at losing, look at all the close games we've lost this year!

We'll see what the Ravens are made out of on Monday night...
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2009 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Black88GT

4271 posts
Member since May 2000

My neighbor brought that up Sunday night. What is the injury?

During the Vikings game he got his foot stepped on. Twice. Then I believe he turned his ankle on the same foot a few weeks later. His mobility has suffered, he isn't moving in the pocket and his mechanics have changed slightly. I am hoping it's healed but who knows, in the NFL the injury stuff is always a mystery.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Well if it's a close game we have a pretty good chance at losing, look at all the close games we've lost this year!

We'll see what the Ravens are made out of on Monday night...

Whats with Kelley Washington? Does he think he is Ochocinco?

Looks like the refs had a field day too. 5 PI penalties ? I bet you were going nuts.

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post

Looks like the refs had a field day too. 5 PI penalties ? I bet you were going nuts.

I can see why a player that rarely gets to Lambeau Field in his career would want to do a "lambeau leap" after a touchdown, but it is an "etiquette" thing. If an opposing player tries it, as nice as the Green Bay fans are, that player is getting pushed out!

Horrendous pass interference calls by that crew. Green Bay had about 4 of them, and 2 of them in the end zone. One was totally ridiculous, but the in fairness, there was another one or near the end zone that was blatant on GB and they totally missed it.

So...counting the pass interferences as a "wash", then, Green Bay took it to the Ravens. We don't see the Ravens, so the talk was the big, bad, physical Ravens against the "finesse" Packers. Didn't look that way Monday.

Still, trade quarterbacks for the game, and I suspect the Ravens win that one.
PFF
System Bot
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

I can see why a player that rarely gets to Lambeau Field in his career would want to do a "lambeau leap" after a touchdown, but it is an "etiquette" thing. If an opposing player tries it, as nice as the Green Bay fans are, that player is getting pushed out!

Horrendous pass interference calls by that crew. Green Bay had about 4 of them, and 2 of them in the end zone. One was totally ridiculous, but the in fairness, there was another one or near the end zone that was blatant on GB and they totally missed it.

So...counting the pass interferences as a "wash", then, Green Bay took it to the Ravens. We don't see the Ravens, so the talk was the big, bad, physical Ravens against the "finesse" Packers. Didn't look that way Monday.

Doc, Chad Ochocinco and Kelley Washington are " LOOK, IT'S ME" players. Washington celebrates catching a ball for a 1st down like it's the winning touchdown. Chad did the Lambeau leap and only at Bengal fans. As I have posted here before, I tired of his antics a long time ago, so I wish he would just play ball.

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post

Doc, Chad Ochocinco and Kelley Washington are " LOOK, IT'S ME" players.

Ha. I kind of figured Chad wanted attention when he changed his name. If I saw him, I would be polite and friendly and say, "Hello, Mr. Johnson."

I remember on week two of this season being livid for losing to the "Bungles". Didn't realize they had got it together and were going to be good this year.

Well, GB beat the Browns (who didn't!) and the Ravens, and lost to the Bengals. So they just need to go to Pittsburgh and beat them and finish 3-1 against the division.

I don't get to follow your division much, but I can still remember as a fan watching the game and being very sad when the Bengals were in the playoffs last time and Palmer was back to pass and that guy fell on Palmer's knee and tore it up very early in the game. That team seemed to have the potential to go somewhere, and then it was over.
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

I hate PI calls, they should be reviewable and discretionary in terms of yardage, either spot of the foul for blatant ones or a 5 or 15 yarder for minor ones. I am sick of seeing the refs giving a team momentum with a timely PI call. Even when it's my team it seems cheap to make the yards on those plays as you don't know if the player would have actually caught the ball most times.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2009 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Ha. I kind of figured Chad wanted attention when he changed his name. If I saw him, I would be polite and friendly and say, "Hello, Mr. Johnson."

I remember on week two of this season being livid for losing to the "Bungles". Didn't realize they had got it together and were going to be good this year.

Well, GB beat the Browns (who didn't!) and the Ravens, and lost to the Bengals. So they just need to go to Pittsburgh and beat them and finish 3-1 against the division.

I don't get to follow your division much, but I can still remember as a fan watching the game and being very sad when the Bengals were in the playoffs last time and Palmer was back to pass and that guy fell on Palmer's knee and tore it up very early in the game. That team seemed to have the potential to go somewhere, and then it was over.

After watching, HBO's Hard Knocks, this summer, I thought this season might be different. They showed themselves to be a team, not a bunch of induviduals as in years past.

Speaking of the playoff game where Carson Palmer got hurt. It was Cincinnati's first home playoff game in 15 years. The crowd was electric. It was the loudest I have ever seen Paul Brown stadium. It was the second play of the game and Palmer drops back to pass. He hits Chris Henry with a long pass. We are going nuts and then we look back at the line of scrimmage and Carson is writhing in pain. Talk about a high to a low. I truly beleive that if he doesn't get hurt, they beat the Steelers and go to the Super Bowl later. They were that good.
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2009 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post

It was the second play of the game and Palmer drops back to pass. He hits Chris Henry with a long pass. We are going nuts and then we look back at the line of scrimmage and Carson is writhing in pain. Talk about a high to a low. I truly beleive that if he doesn't get hurt, they beat the Steelers and go to the Super Bowl later. They were that good.

I thought they could go far, too. Just being a football fan in general, I remember rooting for them that day and being excited for them on the long pass and then not being able to believe it, too.

I was trying to remember when that was. 2005! Hard to believe that was FOUR seasons ago.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2009 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

I thought they could go far, too. Just being a football fan in general, I remember rooting for them that day and being excited for them on the long pass and then not being able to believe it, too.

I was trying to remember when that was. 2005! Hard to believe that was FOUR seasons ago.

2005. The year I married the best girl ever.

This years team has been compared to the 2005 team except it is much more mature and business like. When they beat the Lions in 2005 to clinch the division. they dumped gatorade on Coach Lewis. He was pissed. He said there was nothing to celebrate because nothing was won yet. It was just a step.

Now when the Bengals win or lose, they don't get too high or too low. Coach Lewis has them in the right place.

Finally, in the final episode of Hard Knocks, they were interviewing linebacker and team leader, Dhani Jones. He said" A storm is coming and were the storm now." I think the defense and the whole team has played like a storm is coming. Whew.
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 04:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Flacco was trying to force it when nothing was there. Still a second year QB. The problem is the Ravens can't bring pressure anymore. We all saw the Packers and how they deal with pressure on Rodgers - they fold like a cheap deck of cards. Ravens were without their best, hell their only, legitimate pass rusher in Suggs and it showed.

Packers will go far until they play the Vikings and get spanked...again.

newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Flacco was trying to force it when nothing was there. Still a second year QB. The problem is the Ravens can't bring pressure anymore. We all saw the Packers and how they deal with pressure on Rodgers - they fold like a cheap deck of cards. Ravens were without their best, hell their only, legitimate pass rusher in Suggs and it showed.

Packers will go far until they play the Vikings and get spanked...again.

Weren't you guys without Ed Reed too? One of the if not the best defensive player in the NFL IMO.
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2009 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

Weren't you guys without Ed Reed too? One of the if not the best defensive player in the NFL IMO.

Yea...he's pretty good too...but I think Suggs was a bigger impact since he is our only threat to rush the passer which is the Packers main weakness,
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock