Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  What a difference a year makes! (Weight loss, pics inside) (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
What a difference a year makes! (Weight loss, pics inside) by Bigfieroman
Started on: 01-14-2009 08:15 PM
Replies: 107
Last post by: tbone42 on 09-09-2011 04:38 PM
MordacP

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MordacPSend a Private Message to MordacPDirect Link to This Post
Have you also noticed an increase in fuel economy?

Anyways, that's a fantastic achievement! Way to stick with a plan and get stuff done!
IP: Logged
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MordacP:

Have you also noticed an increase in fuel economy?

Anyways, that's a fantastic achievement! Way to stick with a plan and get stuff done!

I don't track mileage close enough to notice a difference there. Thanks for the compliment!
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2009 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Great job Christian!

Time to get to the track now, the swap will be even faster now.
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2009 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I am really looking forward to warmer weather!

Down over 190 now, btw.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2009 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Congrats man!
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2009 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post
Like a Super Hero to all of us that know we are holding unhealthy weight.
So, have you had a doctor involved?
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2009 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the compliments, guys.

No, I have not really involved a doctor. Just a sensible diet (Weight Watchers, specifically) and exercise. I will probably see one soon to determine my goal weight.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
That is an incredible change!! You're a real life inspiration to many. (let's face it random strangers on TV, or muscle mags aren't very inspiring)

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post03-15-2009 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I want to put my hand on my heart, and say 'you are incredible..'. Because you really are. People with weight problems nearly always trot out the inevitable 'I am big-boned-, or 'it is hereditary'. And it often is, in that overweight people usually come from overweight families. But it is not in the genes, as a rule it is in the mentality and attitude of parents, I have found. Not a nice comment to use at all, but..'a fat person never came out of Belsen, but plenty went in..'. is so true. Sorry to say that
You have taken my breath away with your success story, and you did it for all the right reasons. You WANTED to do it, and you had faith in yourself to achieve your ambition to shed weight. Tons of it. Congratulations. That is one of the finest personal achievements I have ever witnessed.
:
Nick
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
First time I seen this Thread .I have to say to you Bravo Looking good well done ..

Rob
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
Great Job.........I have put on around 40 pounds extra the last couple of years since I retired from a very physical demanding job Hopefully you will be my inspiration to lose a few pounds.....Thanks for sharing your success.
PFF
System Bot
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations Christian!!!!! We have to get together. I would love to see the Fiero....got myself a 3800 SC (not installed yet). I have the 3.4 Turbo in for now. Good work and get going....People laugh at my work but I consistently parks over one mile away and run the stair in the building every day. Just make it part of your lifestyle.....Fieros too!!!
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks a lot everyone!

Dave, give me a call some time in April.
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2009 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Updated picture, 15 months in, down 206 lbs.

[This message has been edited by Bigfieroman (edited 04-22-2009).]

nibotolu

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2009 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nibotoluSend a Private Message to nibotoluDirect Link to This Post
congratulations

you are doing a great job, keep going
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-22-2009 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Friggin' AWESOME!!!

Keep it up!

P.S. Notice in the pictures how much less weight your knees are carrying!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 04-22-2009).]

Derek_85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2009 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Derek_85GTSend a Private Message to Derek_85GTDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely awesome! I cannot emphasis how much I admire you for being able to do what you have done sir!

I need to lose some weight but I'm in the 40 pound range and I can't even manage it (working college student schedule and college drink and food don't help but now I'm just making excuses).

A big congrats on your progress!

~ Derek
hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2009 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
I only met you once,in the park in Pittsburgh.If I were to meet you now without the benefit of this thread I wouldn't recognize you.Congratulations on a very hard undertaking,done very well.I admire you for what you have achieved,life will be easier for you now (and more fun too) .

Edit to add:I'm about 30# overweight and you lost more than I weigh.After reading this post ,seeing your pictures and seeing what Darlene(Fierogirlsmom) accomplished my wife Joan and I will be trying with the help of one of the weight loss business's programs to lose some weight.

Dar,We might need some help. Love you and I will call you and Tom before this weekend.

[This message has been edited by hugh (edited 04-23-2009).]

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2009 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Congrats man! You should be proud of your acomplishment!

By how much did you reduce your daily calorie intake?
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2009 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
Obviously Photoshopped. just kidding

Congratulations, it's an incredible change and your commitment to a healthier lifestyle is something to be very proud of.

What has been your biggest challenge in doing this???
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2009 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
HOLY ****
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2009 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
You might want to find out if there is anything you can do to 'help' your skin heal a little, such as wearing someting to lessen the gravity 'pull' on your "clam" ...a buddy of mine did the gastric bypass surgery and lost about 220 - he wore "underarmor" during the time, and you would NEVER know he was so large....

Congrats again on doing this without surgery or drugs!

Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2009 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post
Congrats!!! amazing...inspirational...incredible...awesome...

[This message has been edited by Joe Torma (edited 04-23-2009).]

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2009 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement.

Regarding the reduction in calories, I cannot tell for sure because I never worried about how much I ate, but I would sat in some cases, I eat 10% of the calories I used to in a day. At my heaviest, my McDonalds lunch would be: 2 X 20 piece McNugget, 8X Hot Mustard, 3X Super Fry, 2X Double Cheeseburger, 2X McChicken, and 2X Sweet Tea. For Lunch.

My biggest challenge has been my losing streak. I lost weight consistently so easily in the beginning, I decided I never wanted to gain. I never let myself cheat much because I insist on posting a loss at every Wednesday weigh-in. While it is unrealistic for most people to lose EVERY week, I have kept the streak alive for 66 weeks and intend to keep rolling until I am at my goal weight. It has really been a great, if kinda crazy, motivator.

Regarding the skin, it REALLY bothers me. I am going to ask my doctor about it at my appt in May, but my research shows that surgery is the only real option, which I don't think I want to do.

[This message has been edited by Bigfieroman (edited 04-23-2009).]

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2009 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
let me say it again...
HOLY ****

I'm wanting to drop 20 pounds
and this guy drops... well... a lot.

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 04-24-2009).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-23-2009 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigfieroman:
Regarding the skin, it REALLY bothers me. I am going to ask my doctor about it at my appt in May, but my research shows that surgery is the only real option, which I don't think I want to do.

Yeah, well, if you decide to keep it, think of it as a badge of honor AND a riminder of where you were.

Again, great job!

I also want to say I think it took a lot of courage to share it here, with pictures.
But I want to let you know that it motivates me to do better.
So thank you.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2009 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Congratulations on the weight loss. Not many people have the dedication, discipline and will power to keep that going. That is a great accomplishment!

------------------

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2009 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post

I'm glad I clicked on this thread again. It is genuinely inspirational what you have accomplished, and is a challenge to us all. Because it doesn't just have to be about weight loss. I can be about ANYthing that someone needs to change in their life. It CAN be done.

Personally, I LOVE the "squared out" eyes and the comments. In the medical field, you never want to be one of the people with the photos where your eyes (or other parts) are "squared out"! But in this case, it is great.

Regarding the skin, skin is a FABRIC. In this case a LIVING fabric. But a fabric, none the less. When a fabric gets stretched, it is stretched. It doesn't snap back. Old underwear. Old socks. Any stretched out elastic is stretched out. Someone with wider feet borrows your leather shoes? When they give them back, they are now not going to fit you. They are stretched out.

Fat isn't a fabric. The fat behind your stretched skin is GONE! Hallelujah! To the tune of about 190 POUNDS of gone!

So...when you go in to see your doctor in May, if the guy isn't amazed and thrilled for you, he probably doesn't have a pulse. But regarding the skin issue, if you want there to be less of it sagging, then a portion of it has to be surgically removed. There is no other way.

I'm sorry if that isn't what you WANTED to hear. But I think you deserve to hear the truth.

But I hope you will also hear what a fantastic accomplishment you have made, not just in losing weight but in also keeping it up.
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2009 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Completion: 16.5 months, 225 lbs lost, averaged 3.1 lbs (about 1%/body mass) lost per week, 4.5 ring sizes smaller, 3.5 shoe sizes smaller, 18 inches off the waist, 4XL to Medium shirts, 83 to 39 resting HR, 143/97 to 112/69 BP, 170 to 70 triglycerides, 197 to 130 cholesterol.

And still no damn girlfriend! Is anorexia the answer? J/K!

[This message has been edited by Bigfieroman (edited 07-19-2009).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post07-19-2009 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
WOW!!!! Incredible..just incredible!! I cannot praise enough your fortitude, dedication, and sheer determination to achieve your goal. You should forget about women for now!! Concentrate upon becoming the next POTUS!!! With your character and will-power, you have most of the qualities most Leaders lack!! And I am only half joking about that!!
WOWOWOWOWOW!!!
Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 07-19-2009).]

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2009 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
WOW!!! You really are the man. You are incredible. Great job. (Insert jaw dropping smilie here)

Jim
PFF
System Bot
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2009 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Wow, Amazing! Wish I could go on a diet and lose 50lbs, I see theres a scar on your left side, knife fight for taking someones girl?

Congrats!
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2009 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the support guys.

The mark on my side is a bruise from a wayward hockey blade. It felt terrific. The bruise is all healed up now, however. Another interesting observation: without the natural padding, I actually bruise. Before, I wouldn't have had a mark from that slash.
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post

Completion: 16.5 months, 225 lbs lost, averaged 3.1 lbs (about 1%/body mass) lost per week, 4.5 ring sizes smaller, 3.5 shoe sizes smaller, 18 inches off the waist, 4XL to Medium shirts, 83 to 39 resting HR, 143/97 to 112/69 BP, 170 to 70 triglycerides, 197 to 130 cholesterol.

And still no damn girlfriend!

Dude, you totally missed the point. It may actually have something to do with driving a Fiero.

Also reference

...and the Ray Ray song "Tell 'em what they wanna hear"

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
You are the MAN!! That is great, I am proud of you. That is one hell of a transformation. Your face even looks like a totally different person. I bet people that have not seen you in awhile will not recognize you.

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
wow,

How is the loose skin responding?

You know you are going to have to change your user name pretty soon...
I vote for Beefcakefieroman

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 07-20-2009).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Simply amazing!

I see a guest appearance on the Oprah Winfrey show in the making.

Geez, if you don't contact her producers, one of us will.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post

Dude, you rock!!! Great job and determination.....AWESOME!!!!!!

hklvette

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hklvetteSend a Private Message to hklvetteDirect Link to This Post
diet + exercise + determination. Without the last part, all is lost. Now its time to keep weight off, which i don't think you'll have a problem with since you exercise.
oh and...

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks again guys.

The skin may be tightening up EVER SO SLIGHTLY, but I cannot say for sure. It still really bothers me. Because of the skin, when I look in the mirror, I think it looks like I have more weight to lose. I still have a gut "overhang", but when I lay on my back, I am flat as a board. I also think it looks like I have "junk in the trunk", but it is really excess skin folds from my back/butt. I am not sure that losing more weight would really be productive as far as the skin goes. I think I would just lose more all-over fat...but the muscled, veins-popping-out look is not something I want. So I am indecisive; I don't think more weight loss would help with the skin and I already have more than enough definition and veins for me, but I think I still look fat. I guess it will just take time to accept that this is how I will look until I get surgery...which may be never. I don't have several thousand dollars sitting around and insurance won't cover it.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the loss was completely worth it, and I recommend losing weight to anyone who has some to lose, but it is made out to be this fairytale where all of your problems are solved by putting down the fork; and that wasn't entirely the case.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock