Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Boondawg Again Again Begin-Again. (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Boondawg Again Again Begin-Again. by Boondawg
Started on: 07-19-2010 09:53 PM
Replies: 75
Last post by: Black Lotus on 07-28-2010 06:31 PM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-19-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
I signed the lease on a three bedroom apartment today. With rent, utilities, water & garbage, $1,400 a month.
I got HD cable and internet set for hook-up for $130.00 a month.
I bought a brand new 1- 46" Sony Bravia 120Hz LCD TV and 2- Samsung 32" 60Hz LCD TV's all with 2 year warrentee & 3 HDMI cables for $2,300 dollars.
I got a great deal on 2 brand new flat desk-type computer desks for $75.00 bucks for the pair.
2 computer chairs for $150.00

Tomorrow I buy 3 lower-end brand new beds for $1,200 total.
3 brandnew dressers (also serve as TV stands in the bedrooms) for $600.00
Eatin' table & 4 chairs for $200.00.
Bedding, shower curtains, pots, pans, dishes, silverware, microwave, toaster, vacuhme cleaner, etc. etc. etc., all tomorrow.

When it comes time for the piper to be paid, I'mo be in big trouble.
Come on, job.
Daddy done bought a new pair of..........................everything!

When I dig a hole, i dig it deep.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Why would you do this? Do you have a disease? Do you need help?

You remind me of our government.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any money in the bank? Seems like you are buildin' up some serious debt...

Then again, if you get a job soon, you should be all set!

Hope things turn out well for you.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
... serious leap of faith there, dude. Good luck.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

... serious leap of faith there, dude. Good luck.

I must concur, you have my best wishes for luck man.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[This message has been edited by Rallaster (edited 07-19-2010).]

Rainman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RainmanSend a Private Message to RainmanDirect Link to This Post
There must be something you're not telling us. If not, I'll reserve my opinions to myself, and simply say good luck. You've certainly got a pair.

For a man with no job, you picked one hella expensive place to settle down.

I will say this, coming from a guy with a steady job (and I'm not trying to rub anything by saying that)
Your rent + utilities is more than my mortgage + utilities
I don't have cable tv, I don't have satellite tv, I don't have any pay tv
I have a 32" CRT tv that was given to us for free. That's the only tv we have.
I don't even have computer chairs, I have an old padded folding chair that I inherited from a roommate years ago during my apartment days
My dresser was $40 from value city
etc
etc

[This message has been edited by Rainman (edited 07-19-2010).]

WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Direct Link to This Post
WOw you're brave! You must have brass 8alls!

Originally posted by Boondawg:

My 8 card debt on this move is climbing everyday.
When I get back on my feet, I will be hurting for a very long time.
And I went in fully aware.

(When you say it like that, it sounds completly INSANE!)

[This message has been edited by WBailey1041 (edited 07-19-2010).]

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WBailey1041:

WOw you're brave! You must have brass 8alls!

Brass?? I heard they were Adamantine!
Shananigans

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShananigansSend a Private Message to ShananigansDirect Link to This Post
I liked the camper idea better.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-20-2010 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Actually, I'm sortta right back where I started.
When I left, I sold everything for a pretty good price.
I just replaced it all for just about the same price.

But it is all indeed a leap of faith on getting employed very soon.
And I will be paying some extra intrest I have incured from the reacquisition of these things, so I will indeed be paying the bills for a while.

There is no real good side to it though, it's not smart, and I am aware it could end in the ruination of me.
But I confident that I will make it work.
Just like allways.

"When the pressure is on, some people pop, some push back."

I guess we will see which I am.
We already know how much brainpower i'm working with.............
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Two things come to mind, that I see as lacking.
1. Kevin Bacon's immortal words in the original Tremors.
"I got myself a plan!

2, Kevin Bacon's immortal words in the original Tremors.
"I got myself a plan!

You got a backup plan Boonie?
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-20-2010 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

You got a backup plan Boonie?

No.

I really have no idea what I'm doing.
Or why.

Maybe i'm trying to replace the life I knew to keep from totally freaking out with the life I now have.
Maybe i'm trying to get things looking normal so I will function like normal, in an unnormal situation.

Maybe I've lost it.
I can't say I feel very good about how i'm going about doing things.
I don't know, I guess i'm screwing up, probibly.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post07-20-2010 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
The thread topic says it all Boonie:
Topic: Boondawg Again Again Begin-Again.
The only bit you have left out, which is the most imoportant bit, is 'differently...'
I hope you WILL get employment, be happy, and enjoy life to the full. You have given top proirity to you life's drug, I see...horse before the cart.
I really must finish my new song which was inspired by you, and give you the ONLY copy I will ever make of it. It IS for you, my friend
Nick
Edit to add the lyrics as of now

FLYING SOLO.

Flying Solo, guess I forgot how,
And the freedom in my mind just kinda scares me now
Flying solo, flying so high.
I just spread these new found wings and soared into the sky.

Been so long now, wearing my chains of life
I kinda left it late to find those new horizons.

Flying solo, flying high
I just spread these wings I never thought I'd ever try.

Will I falter? Will I fail?
Will the dreams inside my mind just turn to dust and die?

But even now it's not too late
I've gotta get it right, before I seal my fate
I've gotta hold this dream and close my eyes
before I crash and burn I gotta realise.....

Flying solo, been so long now,
When I was young it didn't matter then
But I'm older now, can I start again?
Flying soloooooo....whoah..woah...
Flying soooooooloooooooooo......

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 07-20-2010).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes tho, life resembles sex. The best is borne of spontaneous action.

We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-20-2010 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Sometimes tho, life resembles sex. The best is borne of spontaneous action.

++++We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance++++.

What a LINE Don!! Love that..says volumes in one sentence
Nick
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
An old Japanese proverb.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Boonie!!! Why???

I'm seriously thinking of taking the 3 day drive up there to smack you, (then move in and spoon for a few days cause I'm really a lover, not a fighter).

Seriously, why such a high mortgage? I'm sure you could have got a rental without a lease, and man, 1400 a month lease, that's um, 1150 more a month than rent here! And that's 250 a month for a decent house. Heck, even the cable/internet is about 40 bucks more than the average here for the same setup. And three televisions?

The beds I understand, but the other stuff? I love you man, but your scaring me a bit. I really hope you are not telling us something, I know you left with some coin in your pocket, but .

Like I said, I love ya, if you need help holler.

Brad
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Boonie!!! Why???

I'm seriously thinking of taking the 3 day drive up there to smack you, (then move in and spoon for a few days cause I'm really a lover, not a fighter).

Seriously, why such a high mortgage? I'm sure you could have got a rental without a lease, and man, 1400 a month lease, that's um, 1150 more a month than rent here! And that's 250 a month for a decent house. Heck, even the cable/internet is about 40 bucks more than the average here for the same setup. And three televisions?

The beds I understand, but the other stuff? I love you man, but your scaring me a bit. I really hope you are not telling us something, I know you left with some coin in your pocket, but .

Like I said, I love ya, if you need help holler.

Brad

The housing bust really hasn't hit the PNW like it did California, Nevada and Arizona. Housing prices are about the same here as they were in Arizona five years ago. Rent prices are correspondingly high. Comcast has a lock on service in many areas and charges what it wishes. The prices mentioned are not out of line for this area.
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
Ditto what all said above. Your overhead is more than double mine and I live in a large house. I think you should cut your losses, break the lease, move to a small town in Washington/Oregon and hang your shingle as a computer repairman as Don suggested in another thread. You'd have better quality of life and fewer expenses.

In the meantime, I suggest you file for unemployment. And good luck, buddy.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spark1:

The housing bust really hasn't hit the PNW like it did California, Nevada and Arizona. Housing prices are about the same here as they were in Arizona five years ago. Rent prices are correspondingly high. Comcast has a lock on service in many areas and charges what it wishes. ++++++++++The prices mentioned are not out of line for this area.+++++++++++

Nor, have we been much affected here. Still, prices and wages usually go hand in hand no matter where you live.
Which, is what I believe, has raised most folk's concerns. I haven't rented a 3 bdr apt in many many years, but we rented a spacious 3 bdr home on 1/2 acre for about $800/month (incl the costs of our nat gas and elec bill) in a very nice neighborhood in San Angelo Tx in 2004-2005. I think most of us thought he was going to get the lay of a larger chunk of the land a bit more before choosing a region to put down his new roots.
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spark1:

The housing bust really hasn't hit the PNW like it did California, Nevada and Arizona. Housing prices are about the same here as they were in Arizona five years ago. Rent prices are correspondingly high. Comcast has a lock on service in many areas and charges what it wishes. The prices mentioned are not out of line for this area.

Depends on where you get your information. According to most news sources things are pretty good. According to people actually trying to sell their homes or getting appraisals to refi it is a completely different world, and it aint pretty. Rents are way way down, renters are getting hard to find

Boonie, your nuts. A dam nice guy, but nuts. I could never spend money like that.

It is not really important how much one makes, but very important how much he has left at the end of the day.

[This message has been edited by Red88FF (edited 07-20-2010).]

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

No.

I really have no idea what I'm doing.
Or why.

Maybe i'm trying to replace the life I knew to keep from totally freaking out with the life I now have.
Maybe i'm trying to get things looking normal so I will function like normal, in an unnormal situation.

Answered your own question, now you just have to follow your own advice, face the new life head on.

imo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
Best deal would be a camper, a cheap camper..
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
Two things keep property values high in the Portland area: land use restrictions and continued in-migration. The government determines where houses can be built and how many so that keeps prices artificially high. And Californians that can escape are still heading here. High unemployment rates haven’t slowed the growth much.

All indications are that housing prices here and in Seattle are at least 20% higher than they should be. Prices have gone down some but not substantially. Small towns without tight growth boundaries are a different story. Prices have fallen and homes are impossible to sell in places like Bend, Oregon.
DougC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Red88FF:

Depends on where you get your information. According to most news sources things are pretty good. According to people actually trying to sell their homes or getting appraisals to refi it is a completely different world, and it aint pretty. Rents are way way down, renters are getting hard to find

Boonie, your nuts. A dam nice guy, but nuts. I could never spend money like that.

It is not really important how much one makes, but very important how much he has left at the end of the day.

I'm lookin' to rent, down in the Sumner area, like hell if I'm going to pay 1k a month for a 1 bedroom. I'll keep living with my G/fs mom until rental prices drop to a reasonable level (Just as bad in Puyallup and Bonney Lake too sadly :-/)
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
1400/mo rent is a killer, i would no way no how rent for that much

i would save 1100 on beds and get some nicer air mattress' then when the job rolls in then go for the better than bottom end beds, cheep beds are a waste, spend a little more get alot more
as for the other needed stuff, check craigslist, or rummge sales in the area
dont blow your wad all at once.

BTW, heres my house and its 950/month mortgage, not rent

bought it 4 years ago for 142K and now homes in my hood are selling for 180+
i owe 120 on it and have no PMI

i know that you said you had to pay a little more per month for rent since it was a short term lease
but thats $50 per day

------------------
AIM:Onefast2M8
00 VW GTi VR6 -- Not stock
06 VW GTi 2.0t

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

In the meantime, I suggest you file for unemployment. And good luck, buddy.

That's going to be kind of hard, if he hasn't worked in the state he just moved to. Fortunately he can probably file online for Alaska. If he plays his cards right he can get up to 99 weeks of unemployment payments.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
And he ordered his crew to burn the ships so as to better motivate them to their task.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

I signed the lease on a three bedroom apartment today. With rent, utilities, water & garbage, $1,400 a month.

Hello Boondawg. My name is cliffw.
I pay $750.++ for a 1800 square foot home. Pay to buy. Nice tile floors, cenrtal heat and air, cement slap foundation. I could go on.
I have found out in life that you have three days to legally break an agreement, no penalty.
Do it.
I know that you have to do something. Get a travel trailer. Camp.
What if you get a sh1t kicking paying job and have to move ?
When I was 19, I moved to Oklahoma and slept at a State Park for two weeks, in a tent, when I got my sh1t kicking paying job. Yes, my wife had to put up with it. It did not made me feel proud but sacrifice is a part of success.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
1. I believe there are more ppl involved than just Mr & Mrs. Boondawg--4 ppl if I remember correctly--unless he meant pets when he spoke of his entourage.

2. Unless something has changed, he can file for unemployment in another state as long as that state has a reciprocal agreement with the last state he worked in. The new state of record just administers the payments--the funds come from his old state of residence. I did it the only time I ever drew Unemploymnet benefits.Worked in La, got layed off, moved to Texas and then filed. (that was nearly 26 yrs ago tho)
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
i was under the impression that to receive unemployment you need to be fired or laid off, didnt boon quit?

or am i wrong?
PFF
System Bot
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by $Rich$:

i was under the impression that to receive unemployment you need to be fired or laid off, didnt boon quit?

or am i wrong?

I think his place of business closed, leaving him without a job
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Boonie, for a few months payments you could have a decent camper setup, and then be mobile, and probably have about the same room.

You originally said you would get down to the lower 48, and look around for a job, and then settle down. you're not even going to try elsewhere. just the first place you landed.

As a matter of fact this pretty much ties down never getting to meet you .

Brad

[This message has been edited by twofatguys (edited 07-20-2010).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
To be fair, none of us are privy enough to his financial situation to pass judgement. Four 40 hr weeks=160 hrs per month. It would take only $8.75/ hr to make the monthly lease/rent payment--not considering tax deducted from a paycheck.

OTOH, tho I consider myself to be in pretty good financial shape, I have never seen any abode I could justify spending $1400/month on--not even the home I presently own and live in and it's on 57 acres. Afford it--probably yes. Justify a flat out $1400/mo expenditure?--no--because I look at a home as just a box with a weatherproof top, with you never seeing anything more than the singular room you happen to be in at any given time anyway--and even then, just whatever happens to be in line of sight.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 07-21-2010).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2010 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Boonie..have you been hurt by our comments? haven't seen you post for a couple of days. let us know you are ok please
Nick
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
I have an engineer friend working at Boeing. I can have him put a good word for you.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by $Rich$:

1400/mo rent is a killer, i would no way no how rent for that much

Welcome to the west coast. Most mortgages out here are about $3500 to $15,000 per month depending on location.
Black Lotus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black LotusSend a Private Message to Black LotusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

I have an engineer friend working at Boeing. I can have him put a good word for you.

Won't help much. He has to go thru HR.

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2010 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
hey Boonie...you OK????????????????????''
Nick
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

hey Boonie...you OK????????????????????''
Nick

I hope he is ok. He has been on experience overload for a minute or so.

Hopefully his credit card didn't catch fire and burn him up.
Boonie!!!!!!!! Report. Forum minds need to know.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock