Started on: 09-12-2009 01:20 AM
Replies: 64
Last post by: never2old on 09-28-2009 07:52 AM
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Edit to add, I own page 2

China has been doing this for a long time, yet when we do it it is wrong.

Last month, Beijing was forced to change its tariffs on imported auto parts after losing an appeal of a WTO ruling in a case brought by the United States, the European Union and Canada. They challenged Beijing's policy of requiring automakers to use at last 40 percent Chinese-made components or pay more than double the usual tariff on imported parts.

http://apnews.excite.com/ar...90914/D9AN3RIO0.html

Screw them.

And maybe if you thought about what you are saying before you open your mouth you wouldn’t let the union hatred fall out Todd.
You can hate unions all you want, they have a place here to protect the workers, always have, always will.

Because of people like you who feel no one is worth a living wage unless they have several degrees.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 09-14-2009).]

IP: Logged
partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Last month, Beijing was forced to change its tariffs on imported auto parts after losing an appeal of a WTO ruling in a case brought by the United States, the European Union and Canada. They challenged Beijing's policy of requiring automakers to use at last 40 percent Chinese-made components or pay more than double the usual tariff on imported parts.

Screw them.

And maybe if you thought about what you are saying before you open your mouth you wouldn’t let the union hatred fall out Todd.
You can hate unions all you want, they have a place here to protect the workers, always have, always will.

Because of people like you who feel no one is worth a living wage unless they have several degrees.

Steve

My most recent memory of these wonderful union members you speak of were the "Purple Shirted Thugs" .
They do have their dark side in our history as well.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

No you don't. According to the Chinese:

"All of your Page 2 are belong to us."
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:
No you don't. According to the Chinese:
"All of your Page 2 are belong to us."

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post
"China is getting tired of USA?"

Well good, we are getting tired of China.

I do not care if GM is profitable over there, I do not care that some fat middle men make a living of importing the cheapo crap for low life's to buy and pretend they can afford stuff.

I do not care that they finance our out of control government, In fact, I would like to put a stop to it and their meddling. I Hope that if and when the truth surfaces as to how much influence (control) they exert over our feds people will wake the hell up and finally hold our government accountable.

They are not our friends.

[This message has been edited by Red88FF (edited 09-14-2009).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Red88FF:

I do not care if GM is profitable over there, I do not care that some fat middle men make a living of importing the cheapo crap for low life's to buy and pretend they can afford stuff.

I do not care that they finance our out of control government, In fact, I would like to put a stop to it and their meddling. I Hope that if and when the truth surfaces as to how much influence (control) they exert over our feds people will wake the hell up and finally hold our government accountable.

A standing ovation for Red88FF guys !

Couldn't find the one I was looking for.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

$700 billion in US Treasuries as of last treasury auction if you're curious.

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

$700 billion in US Treasuries as of last treasury auction if you're curious.

Pathetic isn't it.

Seams like I remember reading that China was/is unwilling to finance us much past last years debt level.
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Pathetic isn't it.

Seams like I remember reading that China was/is unwilling to finance us much past last years debt level.

The politicians have spent us broke and now they are trying to spend China broke.
A couple of years ago I turned everything over in my house to see where it was made.
I discovered the only thing I had that wasn't Chinese was my girlfriend.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by partfiero:
I discovered the only thing I had that wasn't Chinese was my girlfriend.

Are you sure? look again. (JOKE)
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post09-14-2009 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
we owe them a fortune lets default !! crank up the big bombers and bomb/nuke these slant eyed slopes to hell before they own canada..Lets do it for the Maple leaf bunch..the Canucks will cheer with us,,don,t give a Rats crap about the che guvera/leftist faction in the north country
launch the sub misiles,, and show the launch on TV.. followed by the joyfull mushroom clouds in sportsbars around the country & world,,accept for some loss of honorable ancestors many chinks allready in America will cheer

Praise the lord and pass the mustard for my hot dog,, while I watch Bey jingo ,, then shanghai evaporate ,,I am all tinglely/affluter just thinking about it,,a big commie bonfire & radiation fest !! Mao would be so proud of US.
the chinks are living off the fatheads of this land,, the chinks are so crooked they have to screw thier socks on,,the chinks are the leading exponents of chiselry

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 09-14-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
FieroJam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJamSend a Private Message to FieroJamDirect Link to This Post

Screw them.

Steve

Actually the time when unions actually protected the rights of workers ended a long time ago. No they are nothing more than yet another corrupt corporation that takes peoples money.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
china junk and the rare high priced quality USA or euro made stuff
is the main reason I ask before buying car parts ""WHERE IS IT MADE""
sometimes you can get the stores [esp the bigger chains] to price match
a good USA or euro part to the china junks price IT PAYS TO ASK

and is also the reason I like to shop garage/yard sales and swap meets
you can get older USA made items no long made or sold in the stores

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd
are you kind?

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12624 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by FieroJam:

Actually the time when unions actually protected the rights of workers ended a long time ago. No they are nothing more than yet another corrupt corporation that takes peoples money.

NEO-CONNED or the newer CORP-CONNED bias shows strong here
all unions are not the same
the CORPs are not the friends of workers

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd
are you kind?

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:
the CORPs are not the friends of workers

They are not supposed to be.
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-15-2009 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
Before we screw the corporations and have to scratch in the dirt with a stick to plant and grow some scrawney vegetables ,,while living in a leanto ,,get the bombers flying west to China and nuke every living thing there and worry about radiation fall out later ,,may be there would be some chinese beaverslants left and some of these lonely Fiero guys could finally sleep with some thing they out weighted..might even glow in the dark adding a new sex mystery..
The chink babes are not as much fun as the Fillipee no,s L B F M,s who are the top asians as far as which babes wear out a mattress the fastest..Pacita and the honey pot peanos have it,,no contest in a ship board pole in which 800 marines participated ..
a phillippino girl will wear out 2 mattresses to 1 for a chink,,not that I would know,, but have it on good authority from my less pure bretherine who could not control them selfs,,thru prayer,inner soulseeking & devout scripture reading I avoided Gambleing,drunkiness,fornication houses of prostitution,,fighting and general rowdiness for 2days..

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 09-15-2009).]

partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by uhlanstan:

Before we screw the corporations and have to scratch in the dirt with a stick to plant and grow some scrawney vegetables ,,while living in a leanto ,,get the bombers flying west to China and nuke every living thing there and worry about radiation fall out later ,,may be there would be some chinese beaverslants left and some of these lonely Fiero guys could finally sleep with some thing they out weighted..might even glow in the dark adding a new sex mystery..
The chink babes are not as much fun as the Fillipee no,s L B F M,s who are the top asians as far as which babes wear out a mattress the fastest..Pacita and the honey pot peanos have it,,no contest in a ship board pole in which 800 marines participated ..
a phillippino girl will wear out 2 mattresses to 1 for a chink,,not that I would know,, but have it on good authority from my less pure bretherine who could not control them selfs,,thru prayer,inner soulseeking & devout scripture reading I avoided Gambleing,drunkiness,fornication houses of prostitution,,fighting and general rowdiness for 2days..

Nothing wrong with the Chinese people, for the most part they like Americans.
The government, just like ours creates most of the problems.
So few other people like us, why kill a billion of them? Besides you are talking about wiping out some dear friends of mine.
Me and you might have an argument over the babes.
I do have a tiny bit of background in this matter.
1.3 billion in China alone, with population control, don't think for a moment they are frigid?
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Here comes the other shoe. US Auto and Poultry imports being investigated in China. Where is the only place in the world that GM is profitable? China.
http://www.businessweek.com...alnews/D9AMEC801.htm

I found the problem with American poultry exports: The chickens are becoming winos!

Brent Wojahn/The Oregonian
Bev Stout shares a glass of wine with her chicken, Baby Girl, in front of her Gresham home.

Gresham may reconsider rule against backyard chickens

[This message has been edited by spark1 (edited 09-15-2009).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I hope that's American wine.
Hey--that chicken has no feet! Hmmm
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2009 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
China raises the money printing alarm.
http://www.americansolution...y-printing-alarm.php

A hugely important story from Ambrose Evans-Pritchard of the London Telegraph that China is alarmed by U.S. money-printing has helped drive the dollar price of gold over $1,000, at least temporarily, and drive down the exchange rate of the greenback. Other commodities like oil and copper have also rallied today.

At a conference in Lake Como, Italy, a leading Chinese economic spokesman -- Cheng Siwei -- criticized Ben Bernanke's loose monetary policy. "If they keep printing money to buy bonds it will lead to inflation," said Cheng, "and after a year or two the dollar will fall hard." Cheng went on to say that China was diversifying its roughly $700 billion of U.S. foreign-exchange reserves into gold. "Gold is definitely an alternative, but when we buy, the price goes up," he said. "We have to do it carefully so as not to stimulate the market."

Ambrose-Pritchard interprets this as the "Beijing Put" on gold -- meaning the Chinese will buy gold on the dips, which is going to prevent the yellow metal from falling hard. It also puts upward price pressure on gold for the long term. Beijing has in fact doubled its gold reserves to 1,054 tons.

As a corollary to this, the Chinese are clearly losing confidence in the U.S. dollar. And while nobody is much paying attention to a new UN report that the global financial system needs a new reserve currency to replace the dollar, the fact is that Chinese spokesmen (and Russian and Brazilian spokesmen) have said the same thing from time to time.

Incidentally, the G20 meeting of finance ministers and central bankers in London this weekend failed to articulate a fiscal and monetary exit strategy from all their massive spending, borrowing, and money-creating to fight off the financial meltdown and the world recession. The G20 reluctance to exit from hyper-stimulus is also bullish for gold -- and, for that matter, bearish for paper currencies in general.

Cheng, by the way, hinted that China is experiencing a speculative boom in stocks and property. But if the Chinese raise interest rates ahead of the Fed they will risk being flooded with hot money that will make the boom even worse. "We have to wait for them," said Cheng. "If they raise, we raise."

Many Wall Street traders are dissing the gold-rally story. But I think they're missing the bigger picture of excess money-creation in the U.S. and elsewhere. As I recall, Confucius once said: Where there's smoke, there's fire.

uhlanstan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-16-2009 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
My experience with chinese women is limited to a few in Honk Kong & Taiwan,,but it is not even a race ,, the L B F M from the P.I. have the advantage over the susie wong bunch,, when you move up to the nice girls the margin is much greater..The chink babe have it hands down for bossiness & lack of interest..
My experience with Chinese girls is mostly upperclass and my experience with the L B F Ms is of the bar girl type,, I did have a P.I. girl friend when I lived in the P.I. for 3 months ,,she reinforced the stereotype,, miss Pacita,,sometimes just before I driff off into a troubled sleep ,Mr stiffy tingles at the thought of her,miss pacita(former moslem) who struggled for years for wealth,riches & success !! stop struggleing and got what she wanted,, still have the shirt "FILIPINO national SOULdiers",,some company in america made these shirts.. I have one of them also,, the NPA still sucks..
crank up the bombers there is/are only one or two more deserving countries ,,no sweat it is no longer necessary to pray for thermonuclear war..,,the never ending efforts of the american people ensure this will come,,just keep sending money

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 09-16-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2009 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Stan, I think you meant printing money.
spark1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
spark1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
never2old

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for never2oldSend a Private Message to never2oldDirect Link to This Post
China gets mad...........................There go all the Dollar Stores.
And we will have alot of unhappy people.
Some of their stuff is unique.......but some sucks.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock