Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Ok What kind of Bee is this. (warning graphic pics inside) (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Ok What kind of Bee is this. (warning graphic pics inside) by Capt Fiero
Started on: 10-17-2006 06:39 PM
Replies: 58
Last post by: Wolfhound on 10-26-2006 09:52 AM
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

I will keep my pics smaller from now on. Execpt for the odd insect that I want to BLOW UP WTIH DYNAMITE AND THEN SHOOT THE BITS WITH AS 14G ShotGun. Then Burn them and kill them all.

Oh, I wasn't complaining, I'm just trying to figure out how you did it! Everytime I've had an image larger than 640 pixels wide but smaller than the file size limit, I've still gotten the little "click here for image" box.

John Stricker
IP: Logged
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:

Oh, I wasn't complaining...

But I was.

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Rumor, seems like that I remember that as being a Monty Python sketch... but it was with the word parrot, and had nothing to do with the good captain or Cliff...

And I don't like Spam.
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2006 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Rumor you have way too much time on your hands.

As for an update on the stings it was almost 2 weeks ago and there is only a tiny red dot about the size of a pencil head now.

From some of the pics people have posted on here, those things were more disturbing to me that some pics I see on horror movies. If I saw something like one of those I would be looking for a baseball bat rather than bug spray. That or WD-40 and a cigarette lighter.
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2006 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post

Rumor you have way too much time on your hands.

As for an update on the stings it was almost 2 weeks ago and there is only a tiny red dot about the size of a pencil head now.

From some of the pics people have posted on here, those things were more disturbing to me that some pics I see on horror movies. If I saw something like one of those I would be looking for a baseball bat rather than bug spray. That or WD-40 and a cigarette lighter.

aqua net hair spray used to be good.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2006 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
LOL, Yep great stuff. Back in the 80's every kid had a can of it in his locker for them "Up-DooS" Some of those hair styles a bee could have made a nest and no one would have known the diff.
Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2006 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Japanese Giant Hornet.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2006 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wolfhound:

Japanese Giant Hornet.

holy crap!

That thing is NO joke.

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2006 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

FieroRumor

35007 posts
Member since Dec 2001

That or WD-40 and a cigarette lighter.

When I was a kid, a friend of mine one came back from vacation, and those Cicada wasps had taken over his backyard. a BUNCH of nests in the ground. We took at them with some RC Plane fuel in spray bottles and lit 'em up.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2006 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
So that is what that thing is... the Japanese Giant Hornet...

Last year at the CFOG Osage Beach show in Missouri...,
I was washing my car and one of those things buzzed past me and crawled in between two holes of my lace wheels.
I had never seen a wasp anywhere near that big... and I am used to big bugs in Texas. Love 'em...

Anywho, I never saw him crawl out... so I just washed 3 wheels that day Maybe that is why I did not take first
I told the other attendee's about this monstrous flying beast... swore it was over 2"... and just got a bunch of "yeah, right" looks.

Son of gun Wolf, I am glad you posted that... there for a while I thought it was just a mutation...
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2006 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Well we think we found out where the bee problem was. The leaves are falling out of the tree's rather quickly the past few days. No one I guess looked up and into the tree. It just kinda blended in. The nest apears to be dead or dormnet now. There must have a lot of bees in that thing. Funny it never fell down as the branches holding it. (about 5 small branches) don't apear to be strong enough to hold much weight.

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2006 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Throw a stick at it and see what happens.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2006 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Throw a stick at it and see what happens.

Heh, I LIKE the way you think!!!
I was thinking:

Rocks
Backetball
Airsoft machine gun
Garden hose

They may look mean, but wasps and bees can make great pets, you just hafta learn to understand them...

here's my Cicada killer "Speci":

She looked like she was gonna sting me any second, but after I fed her, and found her tickle spot, she was nothing but sugar from that day forward...

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 10-26-2006).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2006 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking about it. But I will wait till it is nice and cool out so if there are any bees in it, they will be asleep.

I have a few friends that have paintball guns. I am sure we can drop that bad boy.

------------------
85GT 5spd ,93 Eldorado 4.9 Dual O2 Custom Chip, Archie Clutch. Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything 245/50/16's Not Your Average 4.9 Capt Fiero Com --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Stock.

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2006 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

I was thinking about it. But I will wait till it is nice and cool out so if there are any bees in it, they will be asleep.

I have a few friends that have paintball guns. I am sure we can drop that bad boy.

Just don't do THIS! LOL

Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2006 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Just don't do THIS! LOL

Now THAT was hilarious...thought I'd suffocate trying to keep from waking the rest of the house!
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2006 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
It looks like a Yellow Jacket to me. If so, you should be able to buy a trap. The trap will be yellow and have a cone in it to allow the yellow jackets to fly in but not out. The trap will come with bait. After the bait is gone, a bit of lunch meat /beer seems to do the trick. I had swarms of these lttle fellas in my yard this summer. The trap took care of almost every last one of them. I did have to move it from "hot spot to hot spot" though. Someone already mentioned it, but if you squish one, it'll attract the others.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2006 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

It looks like a Yellow Jacket to me. If so, you should be able to buy a trap. The trap will be yellow and have a cone in it to allow the yellow jackets to fly in but not out. The trap will come with bait. After the bait is gone, a bit of lunch meat /beer seems to do the trick. I had swarms of these lttle fellas in my yard this summer. The trap took care of almost every last one of them. I did have to move it from "hot spot to hot spot" though. Someone already mentioned it, but if you squish one, it'll attract the others.

Oh yeah, squishin' them releases all sorts of "I've been hit ---> attack them, my brothers!! (or sterile drone sisters) Do not let my death be in vain!!!!!" chemicals.

That's one way to deal with ant invasions, take about ten of 'em, and squish 'em, and smear it where the ants are walkin' into your house, they will all bug out and "run awayyy! run awayyyy!"

Gross and effective...

or eat some of THIS stuff:

then you will become a fertile queen, and then, steal her workers by offereing them better retirement packages (a few wing massages might help to persuade them,too) and then, you shall rule the world!!! (or your backyard...)

Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2006 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
If you wait a while, until it's a little cooler, you can retrieve the nest without damage.
They are a really quite attractive.(Works of art)
They post sentry hornets in little voids on the outside of the nest.
They only use the nest one season, so don't worry about them coming back.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock