Started on: 09-13-2006 11:00 PM
Replies: 43
Last post by: Hulk on 09-15-2006 09:44 PM
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2006 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
The movie stirring controversy about a docu-drama of Bush getting assasinated is going to be released in theatres in the USA before fall elections.

To some, this is their ultimate wet dream, to others, it's despecable.

Judge for yourself!

Video Clip

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 09-13-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
under8ted

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
User Banned

Report this Post09-13-2006 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for under8tedSend a Private Message to under8tedDirect Link to This Post
See, wishfull thinking DOES come true, if only in the movies
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Well, as I always say... if you don't like Bush.... move to Canada! Oh wait.... looks like some of you have
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
I did

And I can't wait to see this movie.
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Well, at least the people who added comments on the site linked have enough sense and morals to see that this is wrong and not put their stamp of approval on it. This is just one more sign of how the world's morals are declining. And anyone who approves of it should be ashamed of themselves.
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
Bush should be ashamed of himself.
intlcutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtowner:

Bush should be ashamed of himself.

EXACTLY.

I watched his disingenuous adress the other night. His claim that Sadam was a direct threat to the US at that time was so specious, no wonder all the debate...Although I guess there would be no debate if we only had a little evidence..... But at the time we didn't need any becuase we (The USA) were so outraged from the 9/11 attacks, we just wanted to see action taken.

Morals & ethics ,if only these were qualities our elected officials possesed.

I know I sound cynical, but that is not the case..... I distrust Bush and his admin alone becuase everytime an argument is put forth to him, he dodges it, or gives JUST enough of an awnser to get by. I am not sayn that all the presidents have been honest, it's just that HE has done so very little to help America, and done so VERY much to help both himself and the very rich.

Shooting him wouldn't solve anything... though catching that on the news would certainly make me pause to think to myself "Thank God". Would I be embarrased to say that out loud.... Probably, but I would still think it.

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post09-14-2006 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
This is an example of WHY I never watch movies any more.Virtual reality leads to virtual insanity.No wonder children today are so confused.What to believe? How can you be sure that what you are seeing is REAL reality, or the machinations of somebody with technology at their fingertips,enabling them to depict the remotely impossible, to the outrageously ridiculous?We need censorship back, and soon.Especially News items. The Media is SO falling over itself to be first with 'News', that responsibility, rational depictions and TRUTH are at the bottom of the list.Just look at the reporting on the Montreal shooting: mostly sensational headlines which are STILL not confirmed.Two shooters, one shooter..shot by Police, shot himself....two dead, one dead. And we all seem prepared to accept this irresponsible behaviour.That is where the real problem lies.Ah well, they got it wrong at first, but the truth will out'...meanwhile the damage is done.Opinions have been formed.Every realm of News items contains bogus, ficticious or downright false information.How many children were REALLY killed in the raid in the Lebanon? Were they actually doing the old '12 men in a car' trick..taking them out the front door for the TV cameras, and then putting them back through the back door, to reappear as yet another 'victim'?Are they actually dead? Did we see any fatal wounds suffered by these children?CAN YOU TELL? Through a tv screen? Or are you being cynically deceived by manipulation of your emotions?
What frightens me, LITERALLY, is that the Media has become more powerful than our Governments.We are being manipulated
EVERY day through TV.I watch it with such deep cynicism, I am getting worried about the feelings I experience nowadays.Total confusion, and unable to be SURE who is telling the truth.And that which is most worrying? The total obsession by a greater majority of the Public in the UK in football.Sport is the Administration's neo-opiate to sedate the populace...and it is working.
Errr,,,rant over.
Nick

------------------
fierofetish.PFF'S self-confessed Snowbird!!

Growing old is harder than growing up.
Responsibility: the solution for our World's Dilemmas..
Yahoo messenger:nickcannspain
MSN Messenger-nicholascann@hotmail.com

intlcutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post
I hate sports, and distrust the news.

I like "House" though
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
I don't care much for Bush either, as I believe he is not the greatest leader or speaker. BUT, when someone says "HE has done so very little to help America," I have to ask.... what should he be doing? Even he is promoting big government (like a Dem). I would rather have smaller government. I would bet that if Bush wasn't in office, we would have had more attacks on our soil. No doubt about that. Now, again, I don't agree with everything Bush is doing, but I couldn't begin to imagine what Clinton or Kerry would have done after 9/11. They would probably have invited Bin Laden over for biscuits at the White House. We are a country at war, and so far, we are doing pretty good, economically and politically. I would rather fight a war on distance soil.

Clinton could have taken care of this issue when he was office, but he was more concerned with "other things" at the time. Bush was given a mess to deal with. Anyone in that position would have made mistakes. As for Iraq, if we win there, you can expect huge changes in the mideast. This is a big deal and has the potential for benefits for everyone, except the dictators.

Tell me how Bush can lower oil prices, or how he can stop people from spending money instead of saving it? How can he make someone go out and get a job? How can Bush tell people not to buy a house they can't afford (and when they lose their job, they blame everyone else).

I don't like high gas prices and our "big 3" give us poor choices for automobiles. Do we blame Bush for GM, Ford and Chrysler vehicle choices? The blame is on the people. They want the high HP, and huge vehicles.

Michigan is in the dumps. We have people wondering why our governor has not created new jobs and fixed the economy. The problem is our work force, not the leadership. We do need to invest in education, and I do fault of governor for that. BTW, she is a Dem!

Whew!
J.

Originally posted by intlcutlass:

EXACTLY.

I watched his disingenuous adress the other night. His claim that Sadam was a direct threat to the US at that time was so specious, no wonder all the debate...Although I guess there would be no debate if we only had a little evidence..... But at the time we didn't need any becuase we (The USA) were so outraged from the 9/11 attacks, we just wanted to see action taken.

Morals & ethics ,if only these were qualities our elected officials possesed.

I know I sound cynical, but that is not the case..... I distrust Bush and his admin alone becuase everytime an argument is put forth to him, he dodges it, or gives JUST enough of an awnser to get by. I am not sayn that all the presidents have been honest, it's just that HE has done so very little to help America, and done so VERY much to help both himself and the very rich.

Shooting him wouldn't solve anything... though catching that on the news would certainly make me pause to think to myself "Thank God". Would I be embarrased to say that out loud.... Probably, but I would still think it.

fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:
I have to ask.... what should he be doing?

I thought the opposite of what should he not be doing. We're in too deep, now it is time for a better leader in 2008 to start cleaning most of the mess the Bush administration has already made.
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
It is sad to think that someone would say 'Thank God' to anyone getting shot, much less the President. It is no wonder our country is in the shape it is in and it has nothing to do with the Bush Administration.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
One thing is for sure, the Democrats are going to get killed in November if the Liberal loonies keep doing stuff like this. I guarantee that this movie will inspire Republicans to get out and vote in record numbers.

Can the DNC assassinate ITSELF any better? I thought they reached the pinnacle of stupidy by nominating Kerry but this is shear suicidal genious.

All we need now is a new Michael Moore movie before the election to come out claiming Bush is really the bastard son of Hilter to make it a GOP sweep!
intlcutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtowner:

I thought the opposite of what should he not be doing. We're in too deep, now it is time for a better leader in 2008 to start cleaning most of the mess the Bush administration has already made.

I love you.

And Songman..... As I said, I am not proud of that, but I am being honest, which is a step above what Bush is doing. In a perfect world, we would all support our leaders, and would NEVER wish harm to come from to another, But he has made INHO, so many inept calls, it AMAZES me.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
You are entitled to your opinions.. That is the right this country gives you... I disagree. but that is my opinion... Not to mention that the whole 'Bush is a liar' thing has been disproven about 4 million times... You may not like him. You may make fun of his accent. You may even disagree with us being in Iraq. That is okay. But saying that he is dishonest is just your opinion, and while you have a right to believe something even though the facts don't back it up, it is still just an opinion. But I guess opinions is what causes people to get shot most of the time...

Anyway, thanks for your honesty on your feelings. I hope you can get to a place where you don't have that inside of you. It must feel pretty bad. (And I am not being sarcastic. I believe that it really must feel bad and I hope you find some peace.)
intlcutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

You are entitled to your opinions.. That is the right this country gives you... I disagree. but that is my opinion... Not to mention that the whole 'Bush is a liar' thing has been disproven about 4 million times... You may not like him. You may make fun of his accent. You may even disagree with us being in Iraq. That is okay. But saying that he is dishonest is just your opinion, and while you have a right to believe something even though the facts don't back it up, it is still just an opinion. But I guess opinions is what causes people to get shot most of the time...

Anyway, thanks for your honesty on your feelings. I hope you can get to a place where you don't have that inside of you. It must feel pretty bad. (And I am not being sarcastic. I believe that it really must feel bad and I hope you find some peace.)

I'll feel better..... Next election.....LOL!!!!!

I do want to thank you..... it's a rareity people give/take respect of others like this....
Even though we agree to disagree, I still wish you the best.
Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Todd, You have you're facts wrong again. It's a foreign film.
Slater_334

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slater_334Send a Private Message to Slater_334Direct Link to This Post

Well, as I always say... if you don't like Bush.... move to Canada! Oh wait.... looks like some of you have

excuse me? You cant actually think that. What makes the US great is the fact that everything is contested in one way or another. When you have both sides of a story an EDUCATED decision can be made. Just because I dont like him (nor any other politician) does not mean that Im going to go run away. This is MY country and if I do not like something is being done then it is my job to do something about it.

Clinton could have taken care of this issue when he was office, but he was more concerned with "other things" at the time.

Yeah, like being in court... If Clinton had gone after them at that time he would have been criticized to this day. The reason I hate politics is no matter what you do you are wrong and that is that. Instead of fixing the problems the parties are concerned with making the other one look bad.

[This message has been edited by Slater_334 (edited 09-14-2006).]

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
It's a movie. I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to do that. They do it to every other leader in films, why should one be exempt?
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
What other real world leaders have they assassinated in films? Not saying that they haven't or have. I just don't recall any.

And even if you can pull one out, that means that there are two examples of our country (or world) going to hell.

You've heard that two wrongs don't make a right?
aerosmithr0cker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aerosmithr0ckerSend a Private Message to aerosmithr0ckerDirect Link to This Post
I think in Team America they killed the leader of North Korea. It was a lousy movie though. Anyways back to the political bashing of one another.
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
What I find funny is that we have people from other countries discussing how bad our leaders are.

As for Clinton, he wouldn't have been in court if he acted like a president of the most powerful country in the world. Clinton had only one ambition, to keep his wife happy.... by giving her a chance to be president

I have to say I thought Bill was cool, and different. Then I paid attention to what he was doing (and not doing). Being President of the US is more than "feeling your pain". It requires action and the ability to stick to your guns in what you believe in. That is why you were elected.

J.

Originally posted by Slater_334:

Yeah, like being in court... If Clinton had gone after them at that time he would have been criticized to this day. The reason I hate politics is no matter what you do you are wrong and that is that. Instead of fixing the problems the parties are concerned with making the other one look bad.

intlcutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post

What other real world leaders have they assassinated in films? Not saying that they haven't or have. I just don't recall any.

And even if you can pull one out, that means that there are two examples of our country (or world) going to hell.

You've heard that two wrongs don't make a right?

So your argument is that the making of this fictional film is wrong?

Please explain?

Making this didn't hurt anyone.... It might be in bad taste, but I think it's pretty safe to assume "No actuall presidents were harmed during the making of this film".
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I'm not having an argument... And yes, I am saying that it is wrong. Sick and wrong. Had they made it about a fictional US President it would have been different but they chose to graft our President's head onto an actors body. This is just more political BS to discredit a President of the United States and it is wrong as well as being in very bad taste. The fact that there are those who defend it and even applaude it is the worse thing.

No one got hurt? Go ask the Bush family about that.
Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
I think it,s improper to depict the assasination of a sitting president or past President for that matter, except in a documentary. Certainly not in a work of fiction.

Besides who wants Cheany to be president. That puts bush in a new catagory:

"Not worth killin"
intlcutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post
OK so no presidents....

Do you have a list?

He puts his pan't on 1 leg at a time, same as you.

What makes him so benevolent.... him or his title.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Respect the office even if you don't respect the man. He is President of the United States.

No one said benevolent. Those are the kinds of words that people put out for sensationalism.
Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
With a sitting president there are side effects.
It creates an issue where there isn't one, for the media to jump on.
There are enough real issues the people need to concern themselves with.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wolfhound:

Todd, You have you're facts wrong again. It's a foreign film.

When did I say it was a domestic one?

Who is the one with his facts wrong?

And as for "again" point me to where I had them wrong before...I'm daring you.

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 09-14-2006).]

intlcutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post

Respect the office even if you don't respect the man. He is President of the United States.

No one said benevolent. Those are the kinds of words that people put out for sensationalism.

"Maybe" that would be the best way to "honor" the office.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by intlcutlass:

So your argument is that the making of this fictional film is wrong?

Wether or not it's wrong, do you have any idea how this makes the US look in the rest of the world, like here in Europe, for instance? The growing concensus here in Europe is that The United States "has lost it entirely". I remember times when we Europeans absolutely idolized everything american. Now most Europeans think you are nuts (don't get me wrong, I'm not one of them). I mean, you are a "country at war" and you waste so much time, energy and resources fighting amongst yourself. Of course it's a good thing to be critical about your president, but making a movie in which your sitting president is assasinated? Honestly, we Europeans just don't get it. Heck, even I don't get that and I'm as pro-american as you can get. Most Europeans think americans have lost all contact with reality.
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
So we have come full circle back to your opinions and your rights to them... I would hate to think my opinion would be that the President should be shot. But... to each his own. I'd be careful where I spread that around though on public forums.

I like this President. I agree with what he is doing (other than being easy on immigration and not pushing the death tax revision through.).

I would hate to see the shape we would be in with any other man in that office after all our country has been dealth during his term.

And.. let's not write him off yet. His approval numbers are on the rise. I don't normally put a lot of faith in those numbers because they seem to be so out of whack with what most people I know think.. But even if they are right... He is moving up.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Wether or not it's wrong, do you have any idea how this makes the US look in the rest of the world, like here in Europe, for instance? The growing concensus here in Europe is that The United States "has lost it entirely". I remember times when we Europeans absolutely idolized everything american. Now most Europeans think you are nuts (don't get me wrong, I'm not one of them). I mean, you are a "country at war" and you waste so much time, energy and resources fighting amongst yourself. Of course it's a good thing to be critical about your president, but making a movie in which your sitting president is assasinated? Honestly, we Europeans just don't get it. Heck, even I don't get that and I'm as pro-american as you can get. Most Europeans think americans have lost all contact with reality.

I've said it many times, Cliff... The ones in this country who look for any small reason to slam the President are the ones who hurt this country the worst in the world's eye, not George Bush.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I just read the movie was actually made by British film makers.

I guess that makes it even worse. Every American should be boycotting this movie, regardless of what you think of your president.

I wonder what the American people's reaction would be if the film makers were Muslims.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

but making a movie in which your sitting president is assasinated? Honestly, we Europeans just don't get it.

I can understand this. I've watch American values change dramatically over the years and it scares me. There used to be standards, dignity, respect, and courtesy afforded people with differing opinions. But the extremists began a campaign of simply yelling their message louder (one of Hitler's favorite tactics), the result is that most people just tune out and walk away thinking, "oh, that guy is nuts". Well, they're right! They're nuts. But as history teaches us, they are nuts AND dangerous. Michael Moore is nuts, but dangerous. We can't afford to ignore him any more than we can afford to ignore this movie and it's producers.

Some of us haven't forgottent he leassons of history and unfortunately, we don't have the luxury of turning away and just dismissing the mania hoping it will all just go away. The America I knew has been replaced by louder and louder extremists being counter balanced by determined resistance that is just as loud. The problem is that content has been replaced by volume and buzz words.

If I knew a better way, I'd be all over it! But the reality is that there is a culture war here at home being waged by those who live in the world of theory and those who live in the world of reality. It used to be that most people lived in the world of reality and if you have differing opinions within that same world you could have spirited debate with compromise. But when your basic view of the universe is perverted by rhetoric, ignorance, and partisanship then honest debate is impossible. I can't tell you how many people I meet here who embarrass me as an American; those who can't name the sitting VP of the United States, those who thinks the Gettysburg address is where Lincoln lived, who think, as Arianna Huffington said just last night, "I think the Kurds were free BEFORE we invaded Iraq". This tragic level of ignorance combined with "attitude" makes for a dangerous combination.

What makes it so embarrassing, thanks to the media, is that we are now like the noisy neighbors with big windows and poor insulation so that the entire neighborhood can hear our fights. And the fights are getting more and more absurd.

I haven't given up hope. I have, on the other hand, been bolstered by a steely resolve.

But it sure is sad.
Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Oh, and don't forget you can burn the American flag too, right here in the good ole USA right on your front lawn if you want and not get in any trouble
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post09-14-2006 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Wether or not it's wrong, do you have any idea how this makes the US look in the rest of the world, like here in Europe, for instance? The growing concensus here in Europe is that The United States "has lost it entirely".
Most Europeans think americans have lost all contact with reality.

While most Americans look at other countries as "lesser-thens".
Things like "Ruled" & "Royal Blood" put an instant distaste in our mouths.
When we look at the way other countries are run, and their goings-on, we ALSO shake our heads!
I think it's the nature of humans to stand on our own land and look at other's with sad curiosity.
"How can they live like that?"
"Why do they put up with that?"
If one country was perfect, EVERYONE would live there!
ALL countries & people have their good points & bad points.

In World history, this country is just a baby.
We left home hundreds of years ago, becouse we wanted to make up our own rules.
We're STILL trying to get it just right.
But give us as much time as Europe has had to develop a history, and i'm sure the sucesses & failures of BOTH will be preatty much equal.
Becouse Human nature is just that, Human nature.

Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Todd, You said the DNC was doing this. You were wrong.
Of course, with your type republican, truth doesn't count for much.
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

I can understand this. I've watch American values change dramatically over the years and it scares me. There used to be standards, dignity, respect, and courtesy afforded people with differing opinions. But the extremists began a campaign of simply yelling their message louder (one of Hitler's favorite tactics), the result is that most people just tune out and walk away thinking, "oh, that guy is nuts". Well, they're right! They're nuts. But as history teaches us, they are nuts AND dangerous. Michael Moore is nuts, but dangerous. We can't afford to ignore him any more than we can afford to ignore this movie and it's producers.

But it sure is sad.

That's almost funny coming from your keyboard. Someone that refuses to afford anyone that disagrees with them any respect harkens back to the day's of old when dignity, respect and courtesy were afforded people with differing opinions.. Those extremists were the republican party as the minority, and they didn't change that once they became the majority. Your party redefined politics during the Clinton administration as to what was allowed... and it became anything goes as long as we win. And you demonstrate that on a daily basis here, calling people idiots, slandering people... hell you connected me to criminals bashing a soldier. Not much dignity, respect or courtesy there from someone "with Jefferson's blood coursing through" your viens. I've tried being a patient courteous person, but of all the people here that could have made me go nasty... your IT. I've stayed civil through conversations with racists, screaming wack jobs.. but you toppled my cool... because YOU should know better.

Your apparently well read, educated, pride yourself on a great background, yet are rude to the extreme, unable to see when the words you use accusing others apply directly to your own behavior. Try not calling someone with an opposing view a commie, or a Howard Dean stooge, or a MoveOn.org nutcase... or better yet an idiot every time they don't march in lockstep with your viewpoints. In this post you couldn't resist dragging Michael Moore in.. why is that? Did he make this movie about a president getting shot? No... is he a good example of someone calling people names? Not that I've seen, seems polite enough, it's the message you dislike so you add on actions that aren't there. Just like you say... shout it loud enough just like Hitler.

intlcutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post

I am one of the fortunate who have traveled all over europe. I have to say this because in reading my own comments after the fact, I think I came off wrong.. I sounded like a hilljack ready to assasinate the pres, and thats not my intention.

Let me put it this way. I live in the greatest country. I am a PROUD supporter of my troops, and of my freedoms. One of the best freedoms here is one's ability to speak their mind. Now I don't support Bush. I am one of those who believe he has bought his way into office, and has made as many good decicions as I have fingers. So my adress to Europe is, I love you guys. I have been to:
Portugal
France
England
Spain
Italy
Denmark
Greace

Europe as a whole is a little more laid back than the US. For whatever reason, here in the US we have to put disclaimers on everything, we have laws for everything, and our congress has NEVER passed up an opportunity to vote itself a raise.

BUT , the foundations for this country is what I fell in love with. Our founding fathers had the right idea on how to run a country. If we cound get back to the honor of that period, our policical system would be the strongest on earth.

So my dissent with the presidential view is not without reason, and I don't think it's a crime to envision "How" things could go. IMHO, he has made that many bad calls that our founding fathers might compare him to the reason the USA seperated to begin with.

Again... just my thoughts.....
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock