Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Will the human race be split in two? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Will the human race be split in two? by Wichita
Started on: 07-05-2006 08:21 AM
Replies: 57
Last post by: Tugboat on 07-13-2006 02:44 AM
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
This is just a question in my mind. As you know how our society works, I'm just wondering if evolution is heading towards a split in the human race. Basically there will be two different species of humans, one superior in intellect and the other not so much brain activity.

Not in the near future, but maybe in like 50,000 years or something.

Smart people usually always marry smart people, beautiful people hook up with other beautiful people, rich people marry rich people, or beautiful chicks marry up to rich or smart guys.

But nobody ever really goes down. A PhD smart guy doesn't hook up with a trailer chick, or a hot chick marry a very ugly poor trailer guy and so on.

I was watching a couple of episodes of COPS yesterday and the people that the police have to deal with, you know are just the bottom rung of our human species. And I said to myself "These people will continue to be this way. I don't think they ever will improve."

They had a clear example of a grandmother, her son, and the son's children. All of them were all alike, including the neighbors they had a scuffle with.

These people don't get on the internet or know how to operate simple functions on computers, so I'm not saying any of you guys are like them. They are basically disfuntional illiterates and I hate to say I believe there are a lot of them.

I just think we are heading for an evolution spilt. Seriously!

They say much of what we are is genetic. That is including intelligence quotient.

It just gets me thinking.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

This is just a question in my mind. As you know how our society works, I'm just wondering if evolution is heading towards a split in the human race. Basically there will be two different species of humans, one superior in intellect and the other not so much brain activity.

It already happened.
1)women
2) men
I'll let you try to figure out which is which!
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
It's impossible to put human species in 2 categories. You have so much diversity throughout the world, be it the color of your skin, language, culture, religion etc. You have amish people who like doing things old fashioned, so they are technologically inclined for the most part, then you have people who are real geniuses, the ones that can learn easily and figure out things faster. But then you have people with PhD's because they try, but that doesn't mean they're smart, look at our monkey dictator- proof that it doesn't take much IQ to run for President. Sure, I'm stupid in a lot of areas but that is why I don't run for President. You have smart people that are great at tests but then they can't handle the street. In 50,000 years I predict a split between males and females, because you need a female to breed and males will decline in the future because of this, then you'll have a world of peace.
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
Read "The Time Machine" by H.G. Wells. It presents an interesting possiblity of the evolution of the human species.
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
Never read the book but can you give me a synopsis to what you mean above in your statement?

[This message has been edited by fierogtowner (edited 07-05-2006).]

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtowner:

Never read the book but can you give me a synopsis to what you mean above in your statement?

This book is definetly worth reading.
Here's the chapter in question. http://www.online-literature.com/view.php/timemachine/7?term=evolution

------------------

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 07-05-2006).]

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
What are you talking about? Hot chicks hook up with ugly dudes all the time...!

I do understand what you're sayin' , but it would talk an awful long time for different genotypes to emerge that wouldn't be able to create a wee little baby with the other groups.

We have "different" people shaggin' other people all over this here globular thang....We got our Jungle fever, We got that "Taste a rainbow of humanly skin tones", we got "Come on people, try the white meat!". etc etc and all that...There's a nice blend going on, and I think it'll keep on blendin'.
Meanwhile, all this surface shaggin' is going on, none of them knowing the hissing evil that lurks beneath the crust...The LIZARD People are lying in wait...!

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 07-05-2006).]

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:
It already happened.

Well I was gonna say the civil war!

(bud-dum-dum-psht)

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I should take back the ugliness statement. But I'm not saying that they cannot breed or it will be a different race. I'm just speaking on intellect and IQ.

Basically like the haves and the have nots. But the disparity will be so great in the future financially, intellectually, societally, health wise, standard of living, and etc, that in the future there will be a very clear distinction between two groups of humans.

fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
Reminds me of Gattaca, great sci-fi thriller (with Ethan Hawke & Jude Law). THAT is possible. I could forsee this happening in 500-1000 thousand years where you'll have a society built upon human perfection (something we strive for everyday) a class of humans that are genetically perfect among the degenerates who possess defected DNA and are prediposed to defects. Now, you're probably thinking well if everyone can be born perfect you'll have one class of people, but it is the few degenerates that don't come out perfect who'll be the lower class.

Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Reminds me that there was once an Austrian who though, the Germans were the master race, if they were Nordics.
PFF
System Bot
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post07-05-2006 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Wont happen as long as the man is around holding a brother down.
Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post07-05-2006 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
No, it won't be split in two. There are no real barriers that would keep separate parts of the species from mating for long enough periods of time. Artificial barriers made by society aren't strong enough or long enough lasting. Right now we're blending everyone together, eventually we'll all be the same. That won't take very long either, probably just a few hundred to a thousand years.
Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes I think it's a bit ironic about intelligence. The more we know, the less happy we are and ignorance truely is bliss. Think about it. Remember the care free days of childhood? Hsve you ever really watched a person who is clinically retarded? They're almost always happy. As weird as it sounds, sometimes I envy them because knowing less is often a blessing. In a lot of ways the so called intellectual inferiors are superior if you really think about it. these individuals know more about love and caring than most of us and what's really important in life? If you really think about it deeply, it makes you wonder who's really smart.
Check out the Twilight Zone episode called the Obsolete Man. That goes along with this discussion pretty well.
"Any state, any entity, and ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete. A case to be filed under 'M' for mankind...in the Twilight Zone." - Rod Serling

------------------

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
not a chance. if fact, if anything - it will go the other way. we let anything live anymore. the stupid thrive. just about every law passed has been to protect the stupid.
FieroAngel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAngelSend a Private Message to FieroAngelDirect Link to This Post

There is a movie about the book maybe try that.

I dont think there will be like a 50/50 split but I look at some people around here and think how do they live like that? There is a woman down the street from me that is ALWAYS strung out on something, does not work, etc... and I think how does she get anything done. My mom is a social worker and she tells me all kinds of thing that I just cant imagine living the way some people do. I dont know if its more genetics or environment that determines how a person will be as they age. If you took identical twins and put one in a bad neighborhood and one in a wealthy one I bet they each turn out how they grew up.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

A PhD smart guy doesn't hook up with a trailer chick, or a hot chick marry a very ugly poor trailer guy and so on.

I know at least one guy who has a Ph.d and lives in a trailer. He says he likes life in a Trailer.
S. WIlliams

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula T-tops
CJB 143 of 1252 "factory T-top cars"

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-05-2006 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroAngel:
If you took identical twins and put one in a bad neighborhood and one in a wealthy one I bet they each turn out how they grew up.

The age old "Trading Places" question: Nature or Nuture?

Forest Gump: "I don't know who's right, Momma or Lieutenant Dan. Do we have a destiny, or are we all just floating around in the air like. I don't know, but, maybe it's both, maybe both are happening at the same time."

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

What are you talking about? Hot chicks hook up with ugly dudes all the time...!

No **** .. I walked into a coffee pub a few days ago with a buddy and saw an amazing girl.. sitting with this abomination.. Our jaws dropped.. We sat there in sheer amazement going "Wha? How?" He didn't seem particularly charming or intelligent.. Must have been a brother.. I also think he noticed us scratching our heads and left..
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
Oh, yeah it's her brothers alright, the universe would have collapsed by now had it been the other way.

1000 posts! Now do I get punch and cookies?

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

1000 posts!

Okay, who was the last one with the Golden Mouse? Time to ship it to the next guy!

PFF
System Bot
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
it has allready happend several times in the past
thats the best indicator that it will happen again

H habilis and H. erectus and Homo heidelbergensis and Neandertal
all came before us
so something will follow us to

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd
are you kind?

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Smart people usually always marry smart people, beautiful people hook up with other beautiful people, rich people marry rich people, or beautiful chicks marry up to rich or smart guys.

But nobody ever really goes down. A PhD smart guy doesn't hook up with a trailer chick, or a hot chick marry a very ugly poor trailer guy and so on.

I was watching a couple of episodes of COPS yesterday and the people that the police have to deal with, you know are just the bottom rung of our human species. And I said to myself "These people will continue to be this way. I don't think they ever will improve."

They had a clear example of a grandmother, her son, and the son's children. All of them were all alike, including the neighbors they had a scuffle with.

These people don't get on the internet or know how to operate simple functions on computers, so I'm not saying any of you guys are like them. They are basically disfuntional illiterates and I hate to say I believe there are a lot of them.

They say much of what we are is genetic. That is including intelligence quotient.

Interesting hypothesis, but based on very wrong assumptions. If you don't think men and women "slum" all the time you are misinformed. Need I mention Anna Nicole? Biology has very little to do with economics or intelligence or ethics. It often has more to do with opportunity and general compatibility than seeking someone with a resume of certain characteristics. Einstein married a dullard, So did Lincoln. These are not exceptions either, this is pretty much the norm. Do some intelligent people hook up? Sure, both of my parents have genius level IQs for example. But I would definitely classify them as unusual, or the world would have a lot more smart people in it and a lot less people who stick firecrackers in their butts and light them.

If anything, the world is becoming a more homogeneous place as the internet and air travel make mating with people half way around the world possible and even practicle.

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 07-05-2006).]

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
it's already happening. there's me, and then there's the rest of you. the loveliest and most intelligent of your females will be permitted to partake of my DNA, and in time my offspring will take their rightful place, making the important decisions and enjoying leisure while your pitiful offspring dig the ditches and fight each other for our amusement. this is your destiny, make it easy on yourself and just sumbit.

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

No **** .. I walked into a coffee pub a few days ago with a buddy and saw an amazing girl.. sitting with this abomination.. Our jaws dropped.. We sat there in sheer amazement going "Wha? How?" He didn't seem particularly charming or intelligent.. Must have been a brother.. I also think he noticed us scratching our heads and left..

I saw them also and had to ask the bartender if he knew the guy, and he said he was a regular with different beautiful women every night. Didn't know the guys trick though, said all he did was sit in that booth sipping his drink and licking his eyebrows.
HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHDirect Link to This Post
sage...
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonDirect Link to This Post
I'm a little naieve. Could you go over that part again about the eyebrows?
moleman_in_a_FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for moleman_in_a_FieroGTSend a Private Message to moleman_in_a_FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Well, I don't really understand the few above comments. Perhaps I'm one of the ancestors of the "dumb" clan?

It is entirely possible that the Human race will branch out. It did in the past, with the neandrethals(sp) and pygmies(sp also) in the somewhat recent past and even more so in the distant past. And like in the past, the race less fit to survive will perish. Tis an interesting thought. Reminds me of a short story that I read in 9th grade about the future where the government tries to make everyone equal. Except that instead of elevating lower-intelligence people to the intelligence of the smarter people, they handicap the smart people to keep it equal. Strong people get weights permanently attached to them and good-looking people have to wear ugly masks. Lets hope that the government doesn't try to keep us completely equal...
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by moleman_in_a_FieroGT:

Except that instead of elevating lower-intelligence people to the intelligence of the smarter people, they handicap the smart people to keep it equal. ...

Dude! You just described the Democrat Party Agenda.

Actually we (homo sapien sapien) did for quite a long time live along side Neanderthals. Some people believe there was some interbreeding going on, while some say we never did. Supposely we don't have any genetic link to Neanderthals, either by never breeding or it was breed out or died out.

Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Neanderthals didn't die out, They formed the republican party.
JT6666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2006 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JT6666Send a Private Message to JT6666Direct Link to This Post
I caught a stand-up comic Comedy Central- Mind of Mancina (sp?).
He proposed a law that would require a "D" student to marry someone with no less than a "A" average- hopefully this would prevent producing offspring that would become a "C" average President.
PFF
System Bot
fierogofast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2006 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogofastSend a Private Message to fierogofastDirect Link to This Post
1st off not all marry like that matter fact most dont havent you ever heard opposites attract this is because why would you wanns be with some one just like you and your also only baseing it on america because other countries arent like this either some marry in other countries for other reason no examples right now it is 3 am :-p
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2006 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Dude! You just described the Democrat Party Agenda.

Neanderthals didn't die out, They formed the republican party.

I want it stated for the record that I didn't start this!
Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2006 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
LOL
Never shoot a rubber bullet in a ceramic bathroom!
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2006 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

I'm going to say that you fall into group #2... can't be bothered to read for myself... just give me the cliff notes.
tjm4fun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2006 04:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tjm4funSend a Private Message to tjm4funDirect Link to This Post
won;t happen cause we'll all be dead by then. You must be discussing the split of the cockroaches that will be the dominant species. or ants.
And I'm not saying we will kill ourselves off, tho that is more likely, it may just happen thru disease, or natural disaster, or our planet being demolished for an offramp of the interplanetary freeway.
this might be a more viable discussion in 100-200 years from now as I expect there will be radical changes in society and environment by then. either way, I'll be long dead, so not much to worry about for me.

fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2006 05:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

I'm going to say that you fall into group #2... can't be bothered to read for myself... just give me the cliff notes.

So what.
Tugboat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2006 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TugboatSend a Private Message to TugboatDirect Link to This Post

Your basic premise is wrong, people marry up and down the intelligence continuum all the time. Look at some of the dizzy chicks that guys think are hot. Looks overrides a lot.

Good Luck!
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2006 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tugboat:

Your basic premise is wrong, people marry up and down the intelligence continuum all the time. Look at some of the dizzy chicks that guys think are hot. Looks overrides a lot.

Good Luck!

Chicks do. But ugly chicks don't marry up. Ugly chicks end up with ugly guys.

Hot chicks at least produce good offspring.
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2006 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
There was a book, large book, written by two Princeton professors back in 1992 that created quite a stir. It was called the Bell Curve. The basic assumptions are that intelligence is for the most part inherited, and that your success in life, as a parent, and career is determined by this. It placed the Asian community at the top, followed by Caucasians, and then listed blacks as having a proportionally lower IQ.

Now environment and poverty were not considered, and the book was classified as being very racist. It was important because if true, inherited traits are difficult to change, and if so, like mentioned above, your are not really able to change some, or most human behavior, thru social policy. For that reason you, no matter what type of society you engineer or hope for, you are going to have your poor class.

They do talk about others on the opposite end of the Bell Curve, that academic elite, very super intelligent. Whereas the poor tend to populate, have more children, the elite intellectuals tend to have fewer kids if any at all. Yes, so at some point you are looking at a very divided society. And in some respects this has already taken place, if you venture in to the diffirent neighborhoods of any large city.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock