Started on: 06-18-2006 01:03 AM
Replies: 126
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 06-22-2006 06:54 PM
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I had a really nice time here on PFF, but it is time I went back to what I did when the forum first started and before I decided to join. I will become a lurker and only visit from time to time to see what's new and how all are doing. I don't think I will post in any of the topics here anymore, so please don't PM me as I will not be looking at my PMs anymore.
I would like to thank Cliff for allowing me to be a post whore the five years I have been on his forum. I hope I was more of a help than a hindrance to everyone here. I also would like to tell all the people I have have met in person and on the forum that it was a real honor to make your acquaintance. maybe I will see some of you in one of the Fiero shows in the NE.
I will not be going away from Fieros, I just feel it is time to step away from PFF for now.
May God or whoever you believe in or not take good care of you all.
Goodbye. Avengador1
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lurker

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:
May God or whoever you believe in or not take good care of you all.
Goodbye. Avengador1

take care
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Ohkaaaayyyy.

Take care, man.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2006 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Man, for me personally, this is a hard pill to swallow, at this time.
I hope in no way I have caused you any static.
I wish you would reconsider, but I guess I will just have to take faith in your desision to do whats best for you, at this time.
Good luck in your future endeviors.

Peace, My Brother.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
CYA
Dont let the door hit you on the way out.
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
Well this is an interesting turn of events. Take care of yourself.

Cheers Beers n Gesrz. Joe
topcat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
No offense intended to anyone, but why do people feel it necessary to post goodbye threads? I mean if I decided to stop posting and become a lurker, I'd PM or email those that I consider forum friends to let them know... The "I am leaving threads" seem to be a cry for sympathy, or maybe an attempt to get a bunch of "please don't go" responses.

I could be wrong, but that is the way I see them.

Oh, take care Avengador1
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
..I don,t think I ever mach your avengador1
.them are big Numbers ..Take Care avengador1
jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
Your serious right? You're going to be missed around here, so good luck and best wishes. I've always got along well with you, helped you in Tech on occassion and laughed at some of your posts. If this is what you want, then that's great for you.

Now with that being said, you seem to have said goodbye before and decided to stage a glorious comeback announcing "I'm Back" a week after you left. Even though I'm a friend, I just don't know if I can take this seriously, time will tell.

Take care.

------------------
jetman
Silver 86 SE 2M6 4-speed, with
"check wallet light"

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2006 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Huh... this is a strange turn of events, I though avengador1 was really Cliff.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Later Tater~ ~~
PFF
System Bot
Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockDirect Link to This Post
No! Don't leave! You are the glue that holds this great forum together. The liberals will take....

No...you'll be back.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
You have the most posts on this forum, so I understand why you are pushing back the keyboard and staying away.

I'm starting to feel the same way. I think I have a problem. I would like to know what 12 step program helps.

Maybe I'll see you in the group at the PFFA meetings.

It can be a hard addiction to break.

smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
Seems as if a lot of the "old familiars" are leaving lately. I think it's a shame. I miss the old days of lurking and reading the many posts by people now long gone. The forum will always be here (right Cliff?), so you are always welcome to come back.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
A lot of the old timers are leaving or lurking more. Many of them are getting tired of how things have progressed on the forum. Too many people walking around with a chip on their shoulder wanting to start trouble at the drop of a hat. I guess some change is going to happen as time passes and the long time members who leave will be replaced with newbies who can come in and ask all the same questions that were answered time and time again.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

He is. As soon as he leaves, the forum will implode.

Originally posted by Wichita:
I'm starting to feel the same way. I think I have a problem. I would like to know what 12 step program helps.

This is a car forum. Try the Henry Ford Clinic.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
He's leaving because he does not condone with the way I run this forum (well, join the club).

Some time ago, he posted a message that he took over fiero.com. I closed that thread because the "old management" of fiero.com (since he's considering himself the "new management") has been as anti-PFF as can be (Zonyl, Stimpy, et al). He then opened another thread, fully aware that I would not apreciate that. That pissed me off. The result was we exchanged some words over Private Messaging. He promised he would not mention fiero.com here anymore.

Yesterday (or the day before - can't remember) I receive a few emails from people he had been plugging his site through PFF chat. So I sent him another PM asking why he was doing so (my PM was a single sentence: "Why am I getting complaints from people that you are plugging your forum on my chat?"). I receive a long, long reply with (among other things) he did not consider the PFF chat part of PFF, and that he wasn't plugging his forum at all. He continues with stuff like how I don't allow any mention of other forums (which is nonsense, just do a search) and that I feel threathened by other forums. So my reply is along the line of that I don't care about other forums (even though my personal believe is that more forums means splitting up the community) I just hate it when people are using PFF as their personal advertising space for plugging something that is essentially the same as PFF.

Long story short: drama, drama, drama, yadah, yadah, dramatic exit, curtains, applause.

Or something like that.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2006 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
I am always amazed at what lies underneath.
The older I get, the more I see nothing is ever what it seems.
I hate getting old.

I mean, I HATE IT ALOT!
GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

A lot of the old timers are leaving or lurking more. Many of them are getting tired of how things have progressed on the forum. Too many people walking around with a chip on their shoulder wanting to start trouble at the drop of a hat. I guess some change is going to happen as time passes and the long time members who leave will be replaced with newbies who can come in and ask all the same questions that were answered time and time again.

Forums are just like everything else in life. People come, people go, some come back, some stay away. I don't think it's a reflection of the forum, it's just how things are.
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
You got angry at him for plugging another fiero forum on your forum? These forums are non-profit. I don't see why that would anger you.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Too many people walking around with a chip on their shoulder wanting to start trouble at the drop of a hat.

Yeah, it sucks being called a "troll", doesn't it?

PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

You got angry at him for plugging another fiero forum on your forum? These forums are non-profit. I don't see why that would anger you.

Ehm, no. But if that's the story you want to believe, go ahead.

No matter what I say or do, you will call me a blazing idiot on other forums anyway.
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
No, that was a serious question. You can do whatever you want with whomever you want on the forum, obviously, I was just curious, thats all. I don't see how it's detrimental to anything.
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

I guess that mystery has been solved now
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
The way I see it, the different fiero forums are like different flavors of ice cream.

Some people like pistachio ice cream, some people can't stand the nuts. ( )

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

The way I see it, the different fiero forums are like different flavors of ice cream.

They have septic tank flavored ice cream? (I couldn't resist)
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

No, that was a serious question. You can do whatever you want with whomever you want on the forum, obviously, I was just curious, thats all. I don't see how it's detrimental to anything.

He already explained it.

Originally Posted by Cliff Pennock:
Some time ago, he posted a message that he took over fiero.com. I closed that thread because the "old management" of fiero.com (since he's considering himself the "new management") has been as anti-PFF as can be (Zonyl, Stimpy, et al).

He didn't want to link to a site that openly flamed this site. If you had a website about you or your car, would you allow links to be posted on your site that lead to 'his car sucks, he's a jerk' sites? Management is different now (and there's actually some useful info over there now instead of constant childish bickering and namecalling) but going behind his back and plugging it in chat when he agreed not to advertise it here, was definately grounds to send him a PM asking why.

He came back into chat last night and started bitching about it, and how he might not be here any longer, and after me and another member just ignored him and continued with our conversation (fixing the AC systems in our cars) he he got pissy and left. Apparently he wanted to hear, "Oh poor Avengador, we feel so sorry for you, it's not fair!" or something to that effect.

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post

You got angry at him for plugging another fiero forum on your forum? I don't see why that would anger you.

Can I try to explain this? You host a party at your house, really putting a lot of effort into it, and people come. Everyone comes to your house, take advantage of your hospitality and then start inviting people to their house where they talk bad about you. A lot. And your guests who happen to like being at your house because they don't like the other people's party.
Why would anyone appreciate those people coming back to their house? How long should someone put up with it? Don't they have a right so express how they feel? At least certain people have the decency to leave, even though they feel the need to announce it. If you leave and people miss you, then you can get a good feeling about yourself. Don't beg for it, it's sad.

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock, WHOSE HOUSE THIS IS:

No matter what I say or do, you will call me a blazing idiot on other forums anyway.

I mean, that's the harshest thing Cliff will say? Do you know what kind of juvenile crap goes on 'over there'?

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

Ya know, I don't mind the nuts occasionally, as long as they know their place.
I don't know how anyone got the idea this Forum just magically appeared out of the ether at no cost to anyone. Cliff set it up and maintains it for free, and rarely does he ask for donations, which everyone should feel compelled to contribute whom has gotten hard to find parts at bargan prices, or that all-important bit of tech advice that allowed them to keep their Fiero going another year.
They should change the name of the 'other' foum to the Ungrateful Freeloading Backstabbing Smacktalkers.

....and talk about this thread will top their chat. Pathetic.

Here's a flashback...

Originally posted by Stimpy: posted 11-27-2004 09:04 PM
Ohh, please don't go, you are such a valued and respected member and everyone would miss your reposts of aincient chain emails disguised as inciteful political commentary and witty repartee! Not to mention, who will lead us in banning all those nasty trolls? Oh my I think I'm tearing up...

Oh wait. That's right. I don't care. Bye.

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 06-18-2006).]

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post

USFiero

4873 posts
Member since Mar 2002

Originally posted by USFiero:
The other forum should be called.....

Oh, and for the record, I was referring to RFT. I had registered for fiero~dot~com a while back, and it vanished, redirecting me to RFT... so it'll take a while for me to develop trust anywhere else.
ZeroC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2006 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZeroCClick Here to visit ZeroC's HomePageSend a Private Message to ZeroCDirect Link to This Post
Na Na Na Na ...Na Na Na Na ...Hey Hey Hey GOODBYE ...Na Na Na Na ...Na Na Na Na ...Hey Hey Hey GOODBYE!!!!!

Lets Get This Chant Going !!!
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2006 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
The forum is not what it was, even just 6 years ago, the forum was more a place OT hang out with friends and bullshit, shoot the crap and talk. Now it is a relentless place that See's more fighting and arguing. Usually from the same 10 or so people starting crap.

Someone asked once, What am I not allowed to call bullshit on something I think to be a stretch? The answer is No, if people don't care if it is true, about someones car, yet it makes them feel good. Then drop it.

If someone wants to have a green car with a 10ft wing and a 400hp stock V8 then let it be.

However now, you see more flame wars than you do helpful threads.

I spend more time on local forums now with people that have actually been in my car and or seen it run around. Rather than here were the same few people love to toss insults around.

Don't get me wrong there are a few people that if needed a place to stay I would gladly open up, home, garage and help in any way I could.

However others if I heard were out on the street getting pummeled for there rotten behavior and INTERNET crapping of threads. I might be tempted to call the ambulance when it was all said and done. Then turn around and walk away.

You can't always please everyone, but its usually in the best interest to please the good ones.

Sorry to see ya ran off by the red bar brigade.

Maybe I will catch ya on the flip side of the INTERNET.

Take Care and Peace be with ya.
PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-19-2006 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Dang, I was gone the weekend and missed all the fun...

JazzMan
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2006 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

They have septic tank flavored ice cream? (I couldn't resist)

But it's good!

I LOVE politics...except when it disrupts the lives of good people. Some people are determined to have their say and be convinced that they are right. The problem is that in a democratic society we have to learn to accept things we can't control. I endured 8 year of Clinton because I believe in the system. I didn't go start my own country and call it Toddsterville. It get's rather irritating to have other people essentially do that in cyberspace. PFF has endured for 7 years because it is highly democratic in it's operation and even if Cliff is technically lord and master, he's never been unopened to new ideas, input or constructive criticism.

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 06-19-2006).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2006 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
WHAT................QUITTER..................just when you were getting close to catching me, lol (j/k) Have fun whatever your new interest is

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 06-19-2006).]

Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2006 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post
I have no problem with the forum and have found it extremely useful.
Its like anything else in life , you have the good and the bad.
I use the good and just disgard the bad....simple as that.
Take what you need and leave the rest, I only hope I give back as much as I take !!

Thanks Cliff for the years of hard work, the forum has saved me many hours of frustration
as well as helped save me a ton of money by teaching me how to do things myself.
Regardless of who and how hard they try there will never be another Fiero forum like this one.
JazzMan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-19-2006 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
That's what I like about the Forum, it's so very well disciplined. Political discussions stay in O/T, and are almost always properly marked so that people who don't want to see them don't have to. Of all the forums I've seen where free-ranging and open conversations are even allowed, PFF takes first, second, and third prize for being easy and pleasant to visit.

And it's family-safe too...

JazzMan
Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2006 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:
Sorry to see ya ran off by the red bar brigade.

Sorry..I must disagree. He was not run off by the red bar brigade...he ran off because he is a tool.

EVERY goodbye thread has a story, and I am glad that Cliff posted it. You didn't get along with someone, or someone doesn't like you or you want to bash it on another forum....blah blah blah.

He wants a forum where everyone agrees with him. Shocking that he needs to build it for that to happen.

Everyone that has complaints that the forum isn't as good as it used to be forgets that it started as 1 person, and existed as 100 for a long time. Of course it was peacful. There are 1000's of active members and its going to change because of that.

I think new blood is good and my request for change woudl be for people to read and post insightful retorts instead of beating the crap out of people that are "wrong" because they have a different view point.

...and I'm sorry, but flamewars and the internet go together like cheap wine and unplanned pregnancy.

Oh..and Capt..this wasn't directed at you Your one little statement got a ball rolling.
GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2006 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gridlock:

Everyone that has complaints that the forum isn't as good as it used to be forgets that it started as 1 person, and existed as 100 for a long time. Of course it was peacful. There are 1000's of active members and its going to change because of that.

I think new blood is good and my request for change woudl be for people to read and post insightful retorts instead of beating the crap out of people that are "wrong" because they have a different view point.

...and I'm sorry, but flamewars and the internet go together like cheap wine and unplanned pregnancy.

Agreed, fresh blood is what keeps a forum (or anything else) from becoming a stale relic.
MiZer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 211
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiZerSend a Private Message to MiZerDirect Link to This Post
goodbye Mr. Velcro Shoes!!!

------------------

Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo.........
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock