Started on: 04-10-2006 01:56 PM
Replies: 155
Last post by: Songman on 04-20-2006 01:46 PM
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2006 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

English should be the only language on products in the store.

Well one thing for sure I hate going through a drive through and not having a clue what they are saying And I speak spanish!!!
Wish we could get some white kids working there

IP: Logged
Rainman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2006 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RainmanSend a Private Message to RainmanDirect Link to This Post
I read the first several posts. I don't have a problem with illegals. The question to be asked is: if the only chance to make a better life for yourself and your family was to illegally cross a border in order to work, woud you? Hell yes I would.

They don't contribute to the income tax system. So what? They don't get anything out of it either. They don't get mortgage assitance, or any federal money. They don't get unemployment. They don't get social security. Honestly, I would rather get all of my paycheck and be inelligible for most government handouts too. With so many of them living here, they pump a lot of money in the local economies. They work for cheap, so businesses can grow/expand. They have to purchase most everything we do: food, clothing, shelter, etc so they are putting money into local tax systems via sales tax, all the while they are supporting business by purchasing items.

I don't see the big problem. I am not for giving them citizenship, voting rights, and all that as illegals, but there should be some clause that you can come to the USA in order to work without all of the legal red tape.

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2006 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Really? They don't get anything out of our tax dollars?

They don't use the interstate highway system? (or the local roads?)
They don't share in the protection of our military and police?
They aren't GUARANTEED emergency medical care at any hospital that is a recipient of Medicare funds?
They don't receive the protections of the US Constitution?
Their kids aren't going to school?
Their kids don't qualify for school lunch and breakfast programs?

Those are just a few of the things they receive that they're not contributing towards, Rainman, and the list goes on and on. Just because they won't get Social Security, don't think for a minute they don't get benefits.

John Stricker

Originally posted by Rainman:

I read the first several posts. I don't have a problem with illegals. The question to be asked is: if the only chance to make a better life for yourself and your family was to illegally cross a border in order to work, woud you? Hell yes I would.

They don't contribute to the income tax system. So what? They don't get anything out of it either. They don't get mortgage assitance, or any federal money. They don't get unemployment. They don't get social security. Honestly, I would rather get all of my paycheck and be inelligible for most government handouts too. With so many of them living here, they pump a lot of money in the local economies. They work for cheap, so businesses can grow/expand. They have to purchase most everything we do: food, clothing, shelter, etc so they are putting money into local tax systems via sales tax, all the while they are supporting business by purchasing items.

I don't see the big problem. I am not for giving them citizenship, voting rights, and all that as illegals, but there should be some clause that you can come to the USA in order to work without all of the legal red tape.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2006 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
The question I've always pondered is this:

Mexico has been around in one form or another since before our colonial times. Rich in natural resources-long coastlines on 2 oceans. At one time, the indigent civilization was one of the most advanced in the hemisphere. The USA, and our neighbors to the north are properous, have been for a century or more, while our neighbors to the south are the opposite. Tho generally a poor population, you can't really say they are a poor country, as all the pieces are there for them to be a rich and prosperous country. Exactly what is it about Mexico that they just haven't been able to get it together? Their government actually is in favor of mass exodus of it's own citizens to another country.

There's just something wrong with this picture altogether. By most accounts, in the same timeline, Mexico should be on par with their neighbors to the north, and they aren't anywhere near it. Why are they lagging so far behind?

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2006 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
Exactly what is it about Mexico that they just haven't been able to get it together? Mexico should be on par with their neighbors to the north, and they aren't anywhere near it. Why are they lagging so far behind?

My understanding, from listening to the experts spouting opinions now-a-days, is corruption in the Mexican government. I believe the people did quite well up till about the fifties. It has been argued (discussed) the middle class has disappeared by greed from above, lack of opportunity. Mentioned was we did not have this mass exodus from Mexico a couple of generations back. I don't know. I am no scholar of this type.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2006 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
I think you're right. I read in a comment on Fark from someone claiming to be a Mexican citizen (in Mexico). They were angry with the illegal immigrants. Basically, why don't you try to stay here and improve your own country? Why not bring some of that prosperity back here? He also acknowledges the corruption in government and mentions that their main problem. It's in all levels of government, from the president to the beat cop.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post04-14-2006 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
I wonder, why don't we sue Mexico for the ten billion dollars or more that illegals from there are costing taxpayers here every year? Apparently that's a rough estimate of the difference between the contribution to our economy and the cost to our taxpayers by illegals use use medical services here and don't pay, educational benefits here and don't pay, etc.

Our local public hospitals are collapsing under the weight of unreimbursed health care to illegals here, and they can't even legally ask the patient if they're a legal citizen of this country. I pay hospital taxes, that's money right out of my own personal pocket. I would feel justified in asking anyone here who has ever hired an illegal to send me a check to replace that money. If I could legally force those employers to pay me my money back I'd be doing it right this minute in fact.

JazzMan

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2006 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Politics is the reason we don't sue for reinbursement.The immigrants (legal and otherwise) from the south have become a huge voting block, as evidenced by the recent en mass demonstrations. Nothing that might irritate that voting block is going to get passed thru congress, and even if it did, it would be only a matter of time before it was repealed, by representatives and senators put into office by this ever growing segment of our population. In short, we've waited too late to do anything about it--there are too many here, who now support a virtual open border.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-14-2006).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2006 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
If they are illegal aliens, how in the he[[ do they vote for anything. Many of the legal aliens bring in or support the illegal family members and milk the generosity of the US suckers support groups.

It is too bad the illegals once caught can not be marked with some indelable ink so they are easier to find the next time they cross the border. Maybe injected with a microchip to identify them.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2006 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

If they are illegal aliens, how in the he[[ do they vote for anything. Many of the legal aliens bring in or support the illegal family members and milk the generosity of the US suckers support groups.

The same way they get fradulent green cards, student visas, and anything else they want. There is a mini-industry that charges newly arrived illegals to provide them with everything they need to vote, get a drivers lic, birth certificate, library card, and anything else they might want.

The other part of that, is that the legal immigrants, and even the 2nd & 3rd generations of offsprings of legal immigrants fully support the illegals' "right" to cross the border as you just saw last week in the big demonstrations, and those legalized citizens folks can legally vote.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2006 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
I posted this in aother thread also, but I think it's applicable here also. I wonder how many of the Foreign born workers discussed below are legal.

Subject: FOREIGN-BORN WORKERS: LABOR FORCE CHARACTERISTICS IN 2005

In 2005, foreign-born workers made up about 15 percent of the U.S. civilian labor force age 16 and over, the Bureau of Labor Statistics of the U.S. Department of Labor reported today. The unemployment rate for the foreign born fell to 4.6 percent in 2005, down from 5.5 percent in the prior year. Over the year, the jobless rate of the native born declined from 5.5 to 5.2 percent.

The demographic characteristics of the foreign-born labor force differ significantly in many respects from those of the native born. For example, men made up a larger proportion of the foreign-born labor force (60 percent) in 2005 than they did of the native-born labor force (52 percent). Also, the proportion of the foreign-born labor force made up of 25- to 54-year olds is higher than for their native-born counterparts (76 and 68 percent, respectively).

About 49 percent of the foreign-born labor force was Hispanic, and 22 percent was Asian, compared with about 7 and 1 percent, respectively, of the native-born labor force. One out of 5 of the foreign-born labor force was white, compared with nearly 4 out of 5 of the native-born labor force. (Data in this release are presented for non-Hispanic whites, blacks, and Asians and for persons of Hispanic or Latino ethnicity.)

In terms of educational attainment, 28 percent of the foreign-born labor force 25 years old and over had not completed high school in 2005, compared with about 7 percent of the native-born labor force. About equal proportions of both the foreign and native born had a bachelor's degree and higher (31 and 33 percent, respectively).

In 2005, the median usual weekly earnings of foreign-born full-time wage and salary workers were $511, compared with $677 for the native born. Among men, median earnings were $523 per week for the foreign born, compared with $760 for the native born; the median for foreign-born women was $487, compared with $596 for the native born. As with the native born, the earnings of foreign-born workers increased with education. The foreign born 25 years of age and over with less than a high school education earned $385 per week in 2005, while those with bachelor's degrees and higher earned 2-1/2 times as much--$960 a week.

On a regional basis, the foreign-born share of the labor force ranged from about a quarter in the West to 7 percent in the Midwest.

The complete text of this release is available at http://www.bls.gov/cps/#news.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's always earned.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2006 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Isn't sad that Mexico ranks lowest on the list for GDP....far behind China and India. Someone in Mexico's government is asleep at the wheel or it's too corrupt to save their fellow countryman.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2006 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
I love the way you answered my questions John.

You pick part of the question out of context.

Sorry forgive my WTF attitude about how you and Fierobear have been picking out the parts of my post to make me sound uninformed about running a business.

Just to make something perfectly clear.

The company I was taking about could have hired welders and painters from the USA, American Citizens. Non-Union. Yet they chose to bring in Mexicans to paint to lower their costs, Not to increase production, or quality. Just to increase their profit. They talk a lot about being employee oriented, yet they are not. They make themselves look good to the public but the people that work for them know better.

They pay under scale for what other companies in the same business and area pay.

Gee I never said I You didn’t work John. I hold any man in high regard that works with his hands. Just to clarify one point.
I worked 12 to 16 hour shifts working on that particular job. Not unusual in construction. But as I have said in other posts the wife and I own a farm as well as my working construction. So when I get home it is not unusual for me to do another hour or two or more at home on the farm when I get home. I know about working the land. I don’t have heavy equipment so all my farm work is done the old way.

When I run a fence line I dig the holes by hand, I set the posts by hand with a 50 lb hammer from the back of a pickup. Up until I had my stroke.

I work construction in the good weather so I can take the winters off, because the winters up here are just to hard for my wife to do all the work on the farm by herself.

My work ethic is a lot hirer than most obviously. I tried to hire a high school kid or two last summer to reset fence posts. God forbid they get dirty, or break a sweet. $100 a day to ride around in the back of a pickup and drive fence posts in the ground.

I enjoy our little farm here, I enjoy making things with my hands. I feel a sense of pride in the fact that ever fence post and line on this farm has been done by me. There is no real money in this place except for a couple of litters of puppies a year and the wife’s goats milk soap she sells at the county fairs.

We own everything outright here except for about one years worth of house payments on the 15 year note we took out 11 years ago.

As for Ka4nkf and his statement about WalMart treating all their people well. That's just not so. They don’t pay enough for their own employees to stay off public assistance. Next time you are in a WalMart ask any of the associates how many hours they work?
They are not allowed to work more than 37 hours a week, that keeps them part time so that Wally World doesn’t have to pay for their medical insurance.

The people that work in this country for the most part work hard for what they get and earn it.

Awe screw it.

The only word in this post that most will see and comment on will be Union.

------------------
technology is great when it works
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 04-15-2006).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2006 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

I wonder, why don't we sue Mexico for the ten billion dollars or more that illegals from there are costing taxpayers here every year? Apparently that's a rough estimate of the difference between the contribution to our economy and the cost to our taxpayers by illegals use use medical services here and don't pay, educational benefits here and don't pay, etc.

Our local public hospitals are collapsing under the weight of unreimbursed health care to illegals here, and they can't even legally ask the patient if they're a legal citizen of this country. I pay hospital taxes, that's money right out of my own personal pocket. I would feel justified in asking anyone here who has ever hired an illegal to send me a check to replace that money. If I could legally force those employers to pay me my money back I'd be doing it right this minute in fact.

JazzMan

So If I sent you a check for 33 dollars would you shut up for one year?

I think it comes out to a little less than that actually because I just guess and I am just using King Moral's figure of ten billion but it seems to me that the 33 bucks saves you thousands a year on what products would cost.

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

So If I sent you a check for 33 dollars would you shut up for one year?

I'll chip in $33. That's $66, how can he refuse?!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Our local public hospitals are collapsing under the weight of unreimbursed health care to illegals here, and they can't even legally ask the patient if they're a legal citizen of this country. I pay hospital taxes, that's money right out of my own personal pocket. JazzMan

Man, isn’t that the truth. Because of the illegal aliens receiving low wages, they {as a whole} can't make ends meet. Therefore they receive public assistant. If a company hires an illegal by accepting a fake I.D. there in the system. When the employee is hurt on the job...they're further into the system by receiving workers comp.

Just like everyone else-Hello...illegal do "bang chicks"!!! In turn, that child now is assisted by the state. Granted the father of the child may or may not pay but since everything was based upon the false I.D. --------chasing them down for child support is virtually impossible.

Just like everyone else, you're kids sometimes turn out bad and end up in Jail. Once again, a large majority of criminal illegals are being housed in L.A county jails. MS-13, a gang well known for there violent activites are speading like wild fire. Once again, this is currently "taxing" and "maxing" out the CA prison system. Granted, this is just the tip of the Ice {we} play for low playing jobs.

The price of life http://www.immigrationshumancost.org/text/crimevictims.html

Edit: Gang link..... http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1347306/posts

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-18-2006).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Man, isn’t that the truth. Because of the illegal aliens receiving low wages, they {as a whole} can't make ends meet. Therefore they receive public assistant. If a company hires an illegal by accepting a fake I.D. there in the system. When the employee is hurt on the job...they're further into the system by receiving workers comp.

Just like everyone else-Hello...illegal do "bang chicks"!!! In turn, that child now is assisted by the state. Granted the father of the child may or may not pay but since everything was based upon the false I.D. --------chasing them down for child support is virtually impossible.

Just like everyone else, you're kids sometimes turn out bad and end up in Jail. Once again, a large majority of criminal illegals are being housed in L.A county jails. MS-13, a gang well known for there violent activites are speading like wild fire. Once again, this is currently "taxing" and "maxing" out the CA prison system. Granted, this is just the tip of the Ice {we} play for low playing jobs.

And don't forget, that illegal's child is automatically a U.S. citizen. That is completely ludicrous.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:
And don't forget, that illegal's child is automatically a U.S. citizen. That is completely ludicrous.

Thank you, Liberals.

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Thank you, Liberals.

F***in' A John, you think you can take the "I hate Liberals" blinders off for even 2 seconds?

The 14th Amendment, passed June 13, 1866 by a REPUBLICAN Congress that even went so far as to reject certain States' desires to withdraw their ratification of the Amendment.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.
No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

[This message has been edited by Fastback 86 (edited 04-17-2006).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2006 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastback 86:
F***in' A John, you think you can take the "I hate Liberals" blinders off for even 2 seconds?

I could, but I'm afraid I might hurt my eyes.

The 14th Amendment, passed June 13, 1866 by a REPUBLICAN Congress that even went so far as to reject certain States' desires to withdraw their ratification of the Amendment.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.
No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

This appears to be a subject for further debate. Maybe it is time to clarify this part of the amendment - should people born on U.S. soil, but whose parents are not citizens, automatically be a U.S. citizen? My answer is no, because it invites the kind of abuse we're seeing now. All a foreign person needs to do is get across the border, have the baby, and BLAM, you have a convoluted situation of a new U.S. citizen and an illegal mother. Of course, it would be cruel to send her back without her baby, right? So she gets to stay. That makes a mess. This loophole needs to be closed.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2006 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
It's not far to those are "playing" by the rules. I know people from Russia, Europe, and from the Pacific Islands who what waited many years for their "chance" to become Americans. If the government grants them "amnesty" then I foresee a lot of pissed ethnic peoples walking the streets.

Using the excuse, "I need a job" doesn't cut it. There are people around the world who are worse off then those from Mexico and Central America. Genocide....does that ring a bell? Bosnia and Sudan comes to mind.

PFF
System Bot
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2006 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

This appears to be a subject for further debate. Maybe it is time to clarify this part of the amendment - should people born on U.S. soil, but whose parents are not citizens, automatically be a U.S. citizen? My answer is no, because it invites the kind of abuse we're seeing now. All a foreign person needs to do is get across the border, have the baby, and BLAM, you have a convoluted situation of a new U.S. citizen and an illegal mother. Of course, it would be cruel to send her back without her baby, right? So she gets to stay. That makes a mess. This loophole needs to be closed.

Oh I agree, I'm just saying this is not a recent development, this laws been on the books for 150 years. And its not just some obscure bill passed by Congress, its a Constitutional Amendment. Fact of the matter is, it says if you were born here, you're a citizen. Of course, it was meant to give citizenship to the recently freed slaves, I'm sure they didn't forsee our current conundrum. But this does present a formidable problem, as 2/3 of the States have to ratify a Constitutional Amendment, so getting this fixed won't be as easy as throwing it on a bill as a rider.

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2006 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
This thing is greater than the myopic interpretation of the 14th amendment guys.

An unregulated border means increased crime, health care costs, outflow of US dollars, economic instability, potential terrorism, etc.

The reality of the world we live in today means that NO ONE should be allowed to walk across the border without signing the guest book on the way in. Do I hate immigrants? Uh NO! My family is decsended of Italian Immigrants. We MADE this country. But it's like filling a lifeboat; you can form a line and seat one person at a time on each side of the boat to trim it properly or you can fire a starters piston and yell, "GO"! . Which method do you think is better?

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 04:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastback 86:

Oh I agree, I'm just saying this is not a recent development, this laws been on the books for 150 years. And its not just some obscure bill passed by Congress, its a Constitutional Amendment. Fact of the matter is, it says if you were born here, you're a citizen. Of course, it was meant to give citizenship to the recently freed slaves, I'm sure they didn't forsee our current conundrum. But this does present a formidable problem, as 2/3 of the States have to ratify a Constitutional Amendment, so getting this fixed won't be as easy as throwing it on a bill as a rider.

Are we sure, then, that this is the way the amendment is supposed to be interpreted? It's like the second amendment, the right to bear arms...that one doesn't seem cut and dried enough that all agree on it, like the first amendment seems to be.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
If you're born here, you're a citizen. That may or may not be how it was intended, but that is how it's being interpreted and used today. Much like the 2nd amendment, it would require a Constitutional amendment to change that.

I agree that should be changed. I think newborns should only get citizenship if their parents are at least legal residents. (resident status, not just legal aliens visiting the U.S.)

That does bring up another question, though. If Mexican immigrants have a kid in the U.S., does that child automatically have Mexican citizenship? If not, and if the U.S. changes it's laws, that would mean the child would have no citizenship to any country. That's a whole new can of worms.

avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
FYI, you don't need to be born in the USA to be a citizen. I was born on a Naval base in Puerto Rico with automatic American citizenship.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
The amazing thing is that the US is the only country in the world that does not protect it's borders and if we try to do so then we are once again the Evil Americans. We are also the only country that says if you are born here that you are a citizen. If my wife had a baby while we were in France, the baby would certainly not be a French citizen. Ya'll are correct that this needs to be changed.

I just got back from a week in my hometown in North GA. There is a huge manufacturing base there so, of course, the illegals have moved in and took over. When I left there 15 years ago there was a scattering of Hispanic families. I will say less than 100 people out of the 25000 population. Ten years ago that number might have doubled. In the last ten years the Hispanic population has boomed! In 2005, Hispanics made up 40.7% of my hometown. Whites were 47.9% and black were 7.7%. As of last month, Hispanics are now the majority! Of course, most of the 'legal' Hispanics are the ones who have been born while their illegal parents were working in the carpet mills. I am amazed that some people can't see the problem with this. Someone mentioned that we should annex Mexico. I see exactly the opposite happening. They are already taking over and eventually there will be nothing we can do about it.

I am totally in favor of sending illegals home and making it a felony to be in this country illegally. It is that way in most other countries. National security requires that we police who comes into this country just as every other country in the world does. This has nothing to do with being racist or anything. It is just common sense.

Someone also mentioned earlier about the illegals waving American flags and saying they are Americans. You are lucky if they do that where you are. Here they wave Mexican flags and just say they have the right to be here. Since the Central Valley of California is an agricultural center, we have a huge problem with illegals. I don't mind people getting work visas to come here and make money for their family, but they need to do it legally. The rest of us are required to follow the laws, if they are going to be here they should too.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

FYI, you don't need to be born in the USA to be a citizen. I was born on a Naval base in Puerto Rico with automatic American citizenship.

Is the Naval Base considered U.S. territory? Puerto Rico is a special case. Not a state, per se, but effectively a U.S. territory.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:
This has nothing to do with being racist or anything. It is just common sense.

You are hoping that the bleeding hearts will get on board and do something about the problem. I sincerely doubt that's going to happen.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

You are hoping that the bleeding hearts will get on board and do something about the problem. I sincerely doubt that's going to happen.

Not really... Just hoping that enough of the silent majority will wake up and see that it is time to start speaking up before we lose our country.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Is the Naval Base considered U.S. territory? Puerto Rico is a special case. Not a state, per se, but effectively a U.S. territory.

My niece who's father was in the US armed forces married a German. The child was born there but the parent's had the option to go either way with her citizenship. I forgot the details but, if she was a boy is there were more "issues"? I think if the child was a boy and the parents opt for German this I believe the boy would have to join the army or something?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-19-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post04-19-2006 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Hehe, I'm a "bleeding heart" as you so eloquently stereotype, but I fully believe we need to do something now, right this second, starting with sealing the massive leaks in the border. Only after the illegal trespassing is stopped cold can we even think about addressing all the rest of the problems. Amnesty? I think not! Not a single illegal should gain citizenship until every single legal immigrant application is approved, processed, and finalized. To do otherwise is to allow people who broke the law to cut ahead of everyone else in line, and that is doubly wrong. It throws salt in the eyes of every law-abiding immigrant, immigrant hopeful, and every legal citizen in this country. Period.

JazzMan

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Hehe, I'm a "bleeding heart" as you so eloquently stereotype,

It is only a stereotype if it is an exageration, or is untrue of the majority.

but I fully believe we need to do something now, right this second, starting with sealing the massive leaks in the border. Only after the illegal trespassing is stopped cold can we even think about addressing all the rest of the problems. Amnesty? I think not! Not a single illegal should gain citizenship until every single legal immigrant application is approved, processed, and finalized. To do otherwise is to allow people who broke the law to cut ahead of everyone else in line, and that is doubly wrong. It throws salt in the eyes of every law-abiding immigrant, immigrant hopeful, and every legal citizen in this country. Period.

JazzMan

I agree.

I have a mind to go out and get a speeding ticket, on purpose, then go before a judge and claim "selective enforcement". If they don't have to obey immigratin law, and won't be deported, why the #%@$ do I have to obey the speed limit. If illegal doesn't mean anything, they why do *I*, a natural-born American citizen, have to obey the law? Why are illegal aliens immune?

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2006 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2006 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
Someone just sent me this, and I'm printing it without comment, except to say that I live in a place where speaking English is rapidly becoming the exception, rather than the norm:

Dear President Bush:
I'm about to plan a little trip with my family and extended family, and I would like to ask you to assist me. I'm going to walk across the border
from the U.S. into Mexico, and I need to make a few arrangements. I know you can help with this. I plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas, and laws. I'm sure they
handle those things the same way you do here. So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Vicente Fox, that I'm on my way over? Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.

3. All government forms need to be printed in English.

4. I want my kids to be taught by English-speaking teachers.

5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my kids to see the American flag flying on the top of the flagpole at their school with the Mexican flag flying lower down.

7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services

9. I do not plan to have any car insurance, and I won't make any effort to learn local traffic laws.
10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from Pres. Fox to leave me alone, please be sure that all police officers speak English.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my housetop, put flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic
celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, and don't enforce any labor laws or tax laws.

13. Please tell all the people in the country to be
extremely nice and never say a critical word about me, or about the strain I might place on the economy.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all the people who come to the U.S. from Mexico. I am sure that Pres. Fox won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely. However, if he gives you any trouble, just invite him to go quail hunting with your V.P. Thank you so much for your kind help.

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 04-20-2006).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2006 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I like that! This whole immigration thing is one thing I disagree with President Bush on. I have no idea what he is thinking on that one other than the possible votes from the Hispanic community. Maybe he will wake up before it is too late... if it is not too late already.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock