Started on: 09-07-2004 01:35 AM
Replies: 66
Last post by: Iron_Mark_2003 on 10-06-2004 04:49 PM
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
As most of you know I live with my mom because she is disabled from the diabetes and past amputations. She has already lost part of her right foot and 3 toes on that foot and 2 toes on the other foot... She has Diabetic Neuropathy(sp?) She has been fighting this for about 3 years.
She is having to have 1/2 of her right foot amputated in the morning... Please say your prayers for her. A couple times when she was put under before surgery she had to be brought back to us. I am really scared of loosing her. She is my best friend and I don't know what I would do without her!!
So, Please even if you don't like me or whatever... PLEASE..PLEASE say your prayers for her (Susan) and my family for a good surgery and that she makes it through it ok...

Thank you VERY much....

Steve

------------------
*Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!* *FIRST-EVER CHOPTOP-WIDEBODY GT!!*
*~* 4.9L-V8*~*Pic's Coming Soon! Stay Tuned!!

[This message has been edited by NotAFieroAnyLonger (edited 09-07-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
i ain't what you'd call a prayin' man, but best of luck to your mom.
sarabear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sarabearSend a Private Message to sarabearDirect Link to This Post
I wish your Mom the best of luck! God Bless you both!!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
She's on the list!

Best of luck to her.

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Hope she makes it throught ok...
Fieros_Forever

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieros_ForeverSend a Private Message to Fieros_ForeverDirect Link to This Post

She will get a prayer from me! Please keep us posted.

-FF
1986 Fiero 2M6

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
I'll be thinking about the both of you today, asking for things to come out as best as they can.

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Done deal !
Also the best of luck to ya both.
PM me an address and I will send her a "get well soon" cheery type card.
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Steve,

Cnsider it done. Your mother and your family are in my prayers.

Mark

fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
You got some from me. I'll be thinking about her and you and the kids today. I'll send all my good thoughts her way.

I hope everything turns out fine for all of you.

Keep us posted.

[This message has been edited by fierogirls-mom (edited 09-07-2004).]

fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
Will do.

I'm hoping for good news.

PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I will keep her in my prayers too.
Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
The best of luck to both you and your Mom Steve.
Our prayers are with you

Steve & Family

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Thank you EVERYONE..It worked!
I just got home from the hospital and all went well.. The Dr. had to take off 1/2 of her right foot and something that was not planned was he also had to amputate another toe on the other foot aswell..

again.. Thanks for making it go so well!!

+'s to ALL!
Steve

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
prayer action comin atcha!
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
score!
Team prayer(or positive thinkers) 13 plus one belated
Team evil (bad luck negatives) 0

Ha Ha good guys win again.

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 09-07-2004).]

SaLvAgEd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaLvAgEdSend a Private Message to SaLvAgEdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WingNut - MD:
Steve,
Cnsider it done. Your mother and your family are in my prayers.
Mark

Ditto... we're here for you, man.

edit: I guess I should have read all the posts, before I posted!! Glad to hear the good news of a successful surgery!

[This message has been edited by SaLvAgEd (edited 09-07-2004).]

88GTFormula

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I didn't see the post sooner... But I'll keep her in my prayers still, even after the surgery... Prayer never hurt anyone...

In the bible it states: "Where two or three gather in my name, I am there with them" (something of that nature...)

Hopefully no one minds me posting that scripture on here... If you do... Tough

Good luck with everything...

~Tim

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Thank you soooo much everyone.. Belated or not! They ALL help now and in the future!

LMAO! @ Pokey.. Good Score!
This is the first thread that I have ever started that stayed 'clean', and I owe it to everyone here including the "SmoothGT?NAFAL haters'... Even the hater's were nice enough not to bring this one down in flames..
I just called her a few minutes ago and she is hurting pretty bad. Ciara, Cristain and I are fixing to go back up there so we can watch "BIG Brother" w/ her. (one of her Favorites). So, I will be back later!
I will be in chat sometime after 11:00pm CENTRAL time if you want to talk!

Thank you again EVERYONE!

Steve

------------------
*Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!* *FIRST-EVER CHOPTOP-WIDEBODY GT!!*
*~* 4.9L-V8*~*Pic's Coming Soon! Stay Tuned!!

Fieros_Forever

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieros_ForeverSend a Private Message to Fieros_ForeverDirect Link to This Post

Great to hear the good news!

See, it works!

-FF
1986 Fiero 2M6

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Had to work today so I didn't see this. Glad to see things working out well Smooth.
BTDT with my mother, who was also a diabetic. I'll keep her in my thoughts & prayers.
PFF
System Bot
Tugboat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TugboatSend a Private Message to TugboatDirect Link to This Post
I also lost my diabetic mother a few years ago, just about this time. Hurricane evacuation and complications did her in.

Best wishes to your mother!

GL and best of health!

[This message has been edited by Tugboat (edited 09-08-2004).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Dam dude very sorry to hear !!
tell "mom" I will be thinking of her and the rest of your family.

I will add her to the prayers for ya'll
1. I pray for you mom to recover well.
2. I pray that you darn car WILL GET DONE! lol

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2004 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
I am more tired now then I have been in years... Mom's home and I had a LONG reply explaining what the Dr. said, etc... BUT, Cristain rebooted the computer.. and I just can't redo it tonight.. Sorry everyone!
Thanks to everyone!
steve
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post09-09-2004 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Steve,
Having lost my Mum recently, I can appreciate only too well your anxiety and fears.I am so glad Mum is throught the operation successfully, and making headway.You know, love from her nearest and dearest is sometimes the best medicine,so just keep on showing how much you care.I know you don't need to be told that, but my warmest best wishes go to you all, now and always
fierofetish
edit: I am also happy that your ratings bar is back in the positive zone...!!!!

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 09-09-2004).]

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2004 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I did'nt explain this morning.. Because Mom fell in the bathroom and is a wreck emotionally like I said.. she is so scared, but I am fixing(20-30 minutes) to go to work... I cannot afford to take off.. and she is going to have Cristain who's 3years old by herself today.. nothing I can do about it. I am going to try and find a daycare to put him into...
If ANYONE of you would do me a GREAT BIG favor and I WILL pay you. Please someone give her a call just to be sure she is not laying on the floor somewhere... I am soo worried about her and I don't have a cell phone and I am working in a new construction house which doe'snt even have electric inside... I am going to go to a pay phone at lunchtime to check on her. Please, please if everyone could keep this thread bumped up to the top for everyone to see....

Here's my # and if you call please PM me and I will get some $$ to you for it!!
(903)825-7744
If you call her name is Susan and just tell her you are from the forum and she will know what you are talking about... just be sure to also tell her your 'SCREENNAME' sp I will know who called!
You guy's are my only emotional support I have, I don't know what I would do without ALL OF YOU! I MEAN THAT!!
I LOVE YOU GUY'S AND GAL'S!!

Steve!

[This message has been edited by NotAFieroAnyLonger (edited 09-09-2004).]

Iron_Mark_2003

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2004 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post
I'm really sorry to hear that, Steve. My mother is also diabetic. Her mother had her feet amputated and she is also in fear of this as well. I understand what you're feeling about all this. Diabetes isn't easy on no one. The family or the victim of this disease. My prayers are with your mother and you, and your family through this difficult time.

edit: Will your mother need any of to call any other time? I would of called today to check on her but I didn't see this post 'til 3:19 PM.
I know I don't know you personally but you are my friend on PFF and I treat you like a member of my fiero family. I'll always be your buddy, Steve.

[This message has been edited by Iron_Mark_2003 (edited 09-09-2004).]

fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2004 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Steve,

Giving us a time to call would be a bit helpful. What should we do if she doesn't answer the phone?
I hope she made it through today okay. I just saw this a bit ago myself.

Hope all is going well.

Darlene

G-Nasty

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2004 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-NastyClick Here to visit G-Nasty's HomePageSend a Private Message to G-NastyDirect Link to This Post
Best Wishes to your family Smooth-
GG
OUT>
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2004 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
Steve it was nice to talk with you and to hear that your Mom is doing somewhat better. We will keep you in our prayers.
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2004 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
WoW...
Thank you sooo much RACE and LT1 for calling and checking on her... It really ment ALOT to her and to me as well.
She made it fine while I was gone, but thats because she did'nt even move... After her fall in the bathroom first thing this morning, she has been pretty scared to do anything. I would hate to be her, I can not even imagine how she feel's when she look's down and see 1/2 of her gone..
her getting to talk to RACE , really brought up her spirit's..

Mark..
Thanks and I hope that your mother never has to go what she is or you what I am ... I would never wish this on anyone and thier family!
I know your my bud.. and you know I am your's!

Dar.. Thanks sweety I am home now but will be gone tomorrow from 9am til about 6pm so anytime then would be fine!
Thanks for posting and atleast keeping it toward the upper 1/2 of the page....
If you call and there's NO ANSWER... you could just try back in a few hour's as she might be just laying down resting or something like that.. I went and got her one of those 'fanny bags' like the gay guy's wear that way if she goes to the bathroom she can put the cordless in there and go...and IF something happen's she can call 911 if she is hurt or something like that... I am trying to cover most of the 'what ifs'.. which I have found is very difficult, but I am trying... ANY suggestion's or idea's from anyone would be appriciated.... Thanks again sweety!

G-Nasty...
Thank's for the wishes.. The prayers and wishes is what is keeping us going on this end...

Thanks again everyone and I will keep ya'll updated on everything good and bad!

Steve

PFF
System Bot
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2004 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

NotAFieroAnyLonger

4413 posts
Member since Dec 2003

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

I had a LONG reply explaining what the Dr. said, etc...Thanks to everyone!
steve

I will still do this later, but I am going to go rest awhile since Cristain is laying down now too..
Not Lazy, just Pooped... lol

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2004 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
sorry I still didnt have time to even get on the puter, so I am having to work all day so I will later tonight... Please pray for a safe day for her..
Thanks alot guy's.. running later, sorry so short
Steve
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2004 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
TTT
fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2004 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Steve,

Tried to call your mom today, but got the answering machine. I did leave a message for her. Hope she got it and all is well.

Sweety (is that a Texas thing??????) aka Dar

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2004 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
BUMP

GOD bless you and your MOM

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-10-2004).]

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2004 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogirls-mom:

Steve,

Tried to call your mom today, but got the answering machine. I did leave a message for her. Hope she got it and all is well.

Sweety (is that a Texas thing??????) aka Dar

Thanks SWEETY! Dar, I have always called you that...
Yeah, I heard your message and so did she.. she said to thank you for calling and asked me to asked ya'll to stop calling because she does'nt want to bother ya'll anymore and saidd to thank everyone for thier prayer's, and thought's.
She is doing much better even emotionally. It was very hard for her to see it for the first time and It nearly killed me being the one that hasd to unwrapped it so I could wash and clean it up.. OMG!! How could this happen, I asked myself...??? I just have to keep telling myself that she is better off now and when she is healed she will be able to wear a regular shoe for the first time in year's!! I have realized that we should take nothing for granted.
I know now that one thing I will never take for granted, and that is the friendship of my fellow PFFer's.. Thanks again!
Thanks again, she is doing alot better and will make it with a few more day's of prayer's, but if you would like we can just let this thread fade away into the archives of the basement off Pennock's...

Thanks again!
Steve

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

Well, I hope this is not a sign of thing's to come...
My mom had to re-wrap her foot today and noticed where some of the bruising on the top op the foot was getting DARKER... about 3-4 shades darker...
That means that skin is DEAD according to the surgen. She talked to him this afternoon when she hoticed it and gave him a call. Now, she think's that this is a 'sign' of thing's to come.
She is supposed to go see him Monday anyways so, atleast she won't have to wait a long time or anything before she can see him. I told her , "See, that's a POSITIVE thing that you don't have to wait..." lol
Anyways, I just wanted to bump this for those that have been following it.
Thanks...

Steve

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Well...
Mom went to the Dr. today and he said that he DID NOT like the way it looked. But, he does'nt want to do anything right away... he wants to see her again on Weds. the 22nd and see how it looks then...
He also said that if it did not get to looking better then there's a good chance that it will have to be amputated below the knee...
I don't know how she will ever be able to handle that when she's having such a hard time with having 1/2 of her foot amputated... Please, please, please keep Susan in her prayer's for the next while this thing is still trying to heal up....
I know that everyone is probably tired of seeing this thread, but, I have NO-ONE else to talk to about this OR anything else for that matter.

Thanks for the prayers!

Steve

RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

...I know that everyone is probably tired of seeing this thread, but, I have NO-ONE else to talk to about this OR anything else for that matter.

Thanks for the prayers!

Steve

Stop apoligizing. This is what the OT is for, things that matter to us that are not our cars.

Tell Susan that Race said hello and I hope for the best for her.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock