Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  why does everyone hate the neon?? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
why does everyone hate the neon?? by 84fierotrevor
Started on: 03-08-2002 09:59 PM
Replies: 62
Last post by: LoW_KeY on 03-13-2002 02:08 PM
84fierotrevor

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2002 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
how come everytime i mention a dodge neon everyone is like ha ha ha! those cars suck!
i went to the street races last week and i raced 6 races before the cops came.
i have no mods to my 2000 dodge neon ES it's a 2.0 liter 16v 132hp engine and i spanked a delso a eralry 90's civic with a carbon fiber hood. a crx and a chevy caviler. and all i ever heard was HOLYY SH*T was that a dodge neon?? I lost to a 80's mustang and a honda s2000. bye the way the guy pushed a button to start his s2000 not like a normal key it was kinda cool, But anyways everyone talks trash on the neon even if i waste there ass in it. is the neon like a uncool car to people? i feel like people think it's a geo metro. yet here are tons of aftermarket parts and body kits for the neon and the new 2003 dodge neon srt-4 is coimng out this year and is the worlds fastst prudtion car under 20 thousand dollars. what is it everyone hates about them?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2002 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
When most people think of a Dodge Neon, they think of it as a small, cheap Dodge econo-car. Thats is essentially what it is. Its a competant car, isn't expensive to get, offers a lot of options for the money and has a more powerful than average 4 cyl for its class. Its still Dodge's "Entry Level" car, and thats what people see.

Maybe it was Sport Compact Car, or another such magazine, but not too long ago they featured a 9 second Neon that was the fastest car at a rather large event. Granted, it was completly stripped inside, with donut rear wheels and racing slicks stiking a foot past the fenders in front. But it was still a Neon!

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
One of my best friends got that a lot with his Gremlin. You must like the controversial attention it brings, or you would get something else. Drive whatever you want, and enjoy surprising people if that happens to be a sleeper!

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
i understand that it's not a race car or some crap like that it's just a affordible little car but thats the same thing the civic is and every motherf*cker out there on the races have one and they are cheaper and slower then my neon stock to stock but yet people still talk trash... I'm just wondering why. i don't care what people think of my car but i don't understand what they mean bye my car sucks? what sucks? is there somthing bad about the neon i don't know about? i remember back in 95 when they first came out they had a problem with somthing on the engine breaking but that was fixed the same year. also is my motor really a mitushibishi motor?
because two diffrent people have told me that? is dodge mitshubishi or somthing ?
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
neons, like miatas, are generally considered to be "chick cars"..

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post03-09-2002 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
i think most of the engines chrysler/dodge, are selling are made by mitsubishi.
Someone might know more info, im not into dodge because of that. Except their older cars that were made in the 70s or earlier.

Most cars today are being built with high HP and its not fair stating your "new" car is a lot faster than an older car.
Cars in the 80s that had 4 cylinders rarely made more then 100hp.

------------------
74 Vw Beetle
83 Honda Nighthawk 550
84 Pontiac Fiero
87 Ford Thunderbird Turbo

Selling a car is like giving your own kid for adoption.

[This message has been edited by fierospeeder (edited 03-09-2002).]

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
dodge stealth = mitsubishi 3000GT, just like an eagle talon is the same as an eclipse.

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com

Mattyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MattymanSend a Private Message to MattymanDirect Link to This Post
It may be a pretty zippy little bugger, but it's still a neon and for that it looks like a neon. In my opinion the looks are a little bad, but hey there are people that think fieros look ugly. If we all liked the same things this place would suck. Same goes for that new fast neon. It is real fast but it still looks like a neon, so I don't really like it that much.

------------------

You gotta stand for Something or your gonna fall for everything.

Do one thing a day that scares you.

Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Easy. Neon = Cheapo-Econo box. Don't matter WHAT you do to it... The stigma's still there.
GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
maybe cause the Neon's the uglymobile

------------------
Adam J. B.
The search for a GT will never end!
IM AOL: GTFiero & Rumpdetective (dont ask)

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mach10:
Easy. Neon = Cheapo-Econo box. Don't matter WHAT you do to it... The stigma's still there.

but that doesn't make sense to my question. thehonda vivic is the same thing a cheap econo box but no one bags on that!
and personly i like the looks of the neon with some mods to it. but then again people call me a ricer beauce i like the civic the celica and the supra. i love supoed up stickerd out cars like in the fast and the furious.

PFF
System Bot
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fierotrevor:
thehonda vivic is the same thing a cheap econo box but no one bags on that!

DUDE.... where you been??? LOL!

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
I live about 5 miles from the plant that makes Durango in Delaware....

Sorry.... the Neon is a Chrysler version of the Ford Pinto.

Like Pinto it had allot of promise as a small economy car with some flexibility for people who wanted to hop them up.

Also like Pinto, specified under the Lee Iacoca period of Ford, The Neon has had a long history of problems with reliability and other things. Hardly any of the orginal batches are still on the road.

All the older ones I do see have the paint litterally worn off. They are stripped to the primer or even the substrate. I've yet to see a Neon more than a few years old that doesn't smoke or have some other engine problem.

Chrysler hasn't gotten any better since the Germans took it over. They turned out thousand of Durango units that had to have the truck frame repaired before they could be shipped. They were stacked into New Castle airport for weeks while the parts for the defective frames were made. How many of them were shipped before the defect was cought? No one knows. Chrysler won't say if or how many were involved. Nor will they say if the defect/repair affects them long term. I doubt any of the owners of those trucks know they had a problem when built.

------------------
11-Sept-01, The day the world as we knew it ended.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
never really had an opinion either way. Now thinking of it and not knowing much about them, it reminds me of japanese import....and I hate japanese cars for the most part...insects of the auto world.
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:
I live about 5 miles from the plant that makes Durango in Delaware....

Sorry.... the Neon is a Chrysler version of the Ford Pinto.

Like Pinto it had allot of promise as a small economy car with some flexibility for people who wanted to hop them up.

Also like Pinto, specified under the Lee Iacoca period of Ford, The Neon has had a long history of problems with reliability and other things. Hardly any of the orginal batches are still on the road.

All the older ones I do see have the paint litterally worn off. They are stripped to the primer or even the substrate. I've yet to see a Neon more than a few years old that doesn't smoke or have some other engine problem.

Chrysler hasn't gotten any better since the Germans took it over. They turned out thousand of Durango units that had to have the truck frame repaired before they could be shipped. They were stacked into New Castle airport for weeks while the parts for the defective frames were made. How many of them were shipped before the defect was cought? No one knows. Chrysler won't say if or how many were involved. Nor will they say if the defect/repair affects them long term. I doubt any of the owners of those trucks know they had a problem when built.

well i can see posting this up wasn't helpfull since the only people replying don't even have the slightest education about the neon since not one of the following statments you posted about the neon was true.
forget this thread.

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
Not everybody says neons suck, you just only remember those ones.

Neon is not the same as Japanese cars. Neon was plagued with early problems, whereas many Japanese car companies actually finish the problems rather than selling the problems. I don't know why the hell our car companies can't keep it in their pants for another year to work out the bugs, but it is annoying.

Also, take the highest powered Civic (Del Sol that you beat, for example) and compare it to the highest powered Neon; Honda wins this match my friend...

Of course they have potential, so does ANY OTHER CAR IN THE WORLD. It's just a matter of, "What will it take to make this car be all it can be?" Also, some people just like things. Just as there are some people who will not buy anything Japanese, there are also those who will not buy anything American. Further, some people like the look of a particular car and some people may hate the look of the same car. It's called opinion, and everybody is entitled to one in this country.

Does it bother you that OTHER PEOPLE don't like your car? Let them be "uneducated about the benefits of a Neon over any other FWD four cylinder compact car"...who cares?

Bryce
88 GT
*typo*

[This message has been edited by Nashco (edited 03-09-2002).]

REDHOTT88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for REDHOTT88Send a Private Message to REDHOTT88Direct Link to This Post
"The New Chrysler Neon... HI!"

(remember that commercial??!! HaHaHa.....

------------------

'88 Formula V6 5 speed Getrag
(Mint condition, runs smooth, red & shiny all over!)

Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post

but that doesn't make sense to my question. thehonda vivic is the same thing a cheap econo box but no one bags on that!
and personly i like the looks of the neon with some mods to it. but then again people call me a ricer beauce i like the civic the celica and the supra. i love supoed up stickerd out cars like in the fast and the furious.

Actually, a Honda is a well-built, reliable econo-box. Don't know if you have noticed (or even if it has changed!) but the Neon is a low-cost, cheaply built, unreliable peice of dodge S***.

At least, THAT'S the stigma. It doesn't have much to do with the class of car it falls under, but rather the reputed build quality (or lack therein)

Personally, I just think the Neon is among the ugliest econo-boxes ever built. Second only to the Protege5 and Matrix :P

But that's just me. I'm not arrogant enough to think that they can't be made fast, only that they have a reputation for spitting parts out the tail-pipe.

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mach10:
Actually, a Honda is a well-built, reliable econo-box. Don't know if you have noticed (or even if it has changed!) but the Neon is a low-cost, cheaply built, unreliable peice of dodge S***.

At least, THAT'S the stigma. It doesn't have much to do with the class of car it falls under, but rather the reputed build quality (or lack therein)

Personally, I just think the Neon is among the ugliest econo-boxes ever built. Second only to the Protege5 and Matrix :P

But that's just me. I'm not arrogant enough to think that they can't be made fast, only that they have a reputation for spitting parts out the tail-pipe.

yea but ur stating a rumor. the go to yahoo and look road and track's and all the other reviews for the past years on it. it only had one recall and where did u get that they spit parts out the exsaust pipe? look at the reviews of them. they are built well and lasted over sevreal testes. the only thing bad i can find on them is the crash test rating's in the 95 models. so i don't know where shooting parts out the exsaust pipe came from and if that was so bad to you why own a fiero? thats even worst.

Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post

well i can see posting this up wasn't helpfull since the only people replying don't even have the slightest education about the neon since not one of the following statments you posted about the neon was true.

C'mon now Trever. You asked why people don't like the Neon and people are telling you. If you don't want to hear the answers, don't ask the questions.

Edit- just for giggles, I checked for recalls/service bulletins for a 2000 Neon and a 2000 Civic. The Neon had 5 Safety recalls, 2 emissions recalls and 48 service bulletins. The Civic has NO safety recalls, NO emissions recalls and only 31 service bulletins. Food for thought.

[This message has been edited by Cooter (edited 03-09-2002).]

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
http://www.epinions.com/auto_Make-2000_Dodge_Neon/display_~reviews
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2002/dodge/neon/se4drsedan20l4cyl4a/overview.html
there is the lowest rating i can find.
a 7.0 so acctuly i think that everyone hates the neon the same reson they hate the fiero.
misinformed rumors or info.
like everytime someone says be carfull my fiero doesn't explode.
PFF
System Bot
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

84fierotrevor

4998 posts
Member since Oct 2001

Originally posted by Cooter:
C'mon now Trever. You asked why people don't like the Neon and people are telling you. If you don't want to hear the answers, don't ask the questions.

well no this is the same thing that happends when someone talks trash on the fiero and I go OH ? whats so bad about the fiero? they say oh fieros will ketch fiero and u will die in a big boom cuss the gas tank is right inbetween the drivers and panasgers seats. and there little death traps and if u hit a poll at 5 mph ur car will crumble. and the fiero is the worlds cheapest made car ever all it is is a car with a chvvette front end
made up of old gm parts called somthing new so they could increas there sell's.
and thats the same thing i am getting here is uninformed or ignorant resposense or just rumors people belive to be facts.
so Never mind i know why everyone hates the neon. the same reson everyone hates the fiero. they here stuff and belive it.

Cooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
Trev- please see my edited message above.

here is another review for you: http://www.epinions.com/auto_Make-2000_Honda_Civic_2_door

Stokin_the_neighbors
No longer registered
Report this Post03-09-2002 09:19 PM   Send a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
i'd feel alote safer in a dodge neon getting hit then in a honda civic that's for sure , didn't mr damiler pull out of that whole mitsu crap like 3 years ago?

------------------

My 3DO site!!!

www.geocities.com/thereal3do

need some feedback!!! not done yet :)

Wade87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wade87GTSend a Private Message to Wade87GTDirect Link to This Post
From the neons I've seen on the road (99%), here's what I've concluded:
1. It's a chore to keep them nice looking and in good condition.
2. The turn signals don't work.
3. The high beam indicator on the dash doesn't work.
4. After it couldn't stop for a stop sign, the gas pedal would only go halfway.
5. A problem with the steering causes it to veer into the left lane and stay there.
6. Its speedometer is off by 10 mph. So the usual reply from a neon driver would be, "Hey, I'm driving the speed limit! All those vehicles behind me should be thanking ME!"

I could go on but I'd be preaching to the choir. Besides, only the 1% of Neon drivers know what they're doing. Chances are they'd own a Fiero too and hang out here

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
umm cooter the recalls for the civic arn't true. they just recalled all the 2001 civics because some peaice of plastic disloges after enough where and goes into the intake thing. lemme ask my friend to post send me the link so i can post it for you. he had to take his in tuesday so they could fix it.
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

84fierotrevor

4998 posts
Member since Oct 2001

Originally posted by Wade87GT:
From the neons I've seen on the road (99%), here's what I've concluded:
1. It's a chore to keep them nice looking and in good condition.
2. The turn signals don't work.
3. The high beam indicator on the dash doesn't work.
4. After it couldn't stop for a stop sign, the gas pedal would only go halfway.
5. A problem with the steering causes it to veer into the left lane and stay there.
6. Its speedometer is off by 10 mph. So the usual reply from a neon driver would be, "Hey, I'm driving the speed limit! All those vehicles behind me should be thanking ME!"

I could go on but I'd be preaching to the choir. Besides, only the 1% of Neon drivers know what they're doing. Chances are they'd own a Fiero too and hang out here

wow everyone around there must have defective neons because my neon doesn't have any of those problems and i abuse the heck outa my neon trying to rally race it. and no one on the neon forum seems to be having those troubles ether.

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

84fierotrevor

4998 posts
Member since Oct 2001

Trev- please see my edited message above.

here is another review for you: http://www.epinions.com/auto_Make-2000_Honda_Civic_2_door

yea the honda does have a better score.
i'm not saying i don't like the civic.
but thanxs for answering my question ur answer is the only one i got that made sense.

Cooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post

umm cooter the recalls for the civic arn't true.

I used the Alldata website to look up 2000 Neon and Civic, not 2001.

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

I used the Alldata website to look up 2000 Neon and Civic, not 2001.

ooh! i see.
hey how come normal neons look diffrent then mine? mine has a diffrentgauge setup and my engine has 150hp. my friend just bought a neon cuss he liked mine so much and his car is slower and it only has 132hp? are engines look the same though. and there both 2.0 liter 16v 4c?

PFF
System Bot
Indy-2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indy-2M4Click Here to visit Indy-2M4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Indy-2M4Direct Link to This Post
I love my Neon. I have a '95 coupe that I am slowly but surly getting tricked out. Never had any trouble with it.So far:
1-13" Dayton knock off spoke skates
2-inside neon lights/neon shift knob
3-neon license frame
4-colored cable/wire covers under the hood
5-black/blue racing style seat covers
6-driving lights
7-glasspack muffler/duel tips
8-APC clear side marker lights
9-Green Cobra Eyes windshield washer jets
10-300 watt subwoofer tube in trunk and 300watt twin woofer/tweeter box in back seat
11-PR "Y" lace rims for winter driving
Working on getting euro tail lights and IceMan cool air-intake/

------------------
'84 Indy w/66K actual miles, second owner

Also: 84SE, 87GT and 88GT

[This message has been edited by Indy-2M4 (edited 03-13-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Indy-2M4 (edited 03-13-2002).]

Cooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
For some weird reason, you could not order the R/T package without ordering the HO engine, but you could order a standard Neon with or without the HO engine. Confusing? Maybe who ever bought your car originally got the HO option in the standard body configuration.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2002 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
well to show how well informed I am on Neons, I didnt even know they had 4 doors. and it still LOOKS japanese. I do know they have their own racing series, so I guess they can be fast enough.
85 gt fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2002 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 gt fieroSend a Private Message to 85 gt fieroDirect Link to This Post
Why does everyone hate fieros....because everyone has different tastes, same goes for the neons some ppl like them some dont, IMO i like the neon r/t, and es.

Thanx
Randy

------------------

SOLD:( Looking for a fastback

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2002 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
I still say its because its Dodge's economy car. A Civic was mentioned, except for Civic owners, not many people respect them either... but they get a little bit more than Dodge since they are considered "more reliable"

Its a Neon, not a sports car.

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2002 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post

how come everytime i mention a dodge neon everyone is like ha ha ha! those cars suck!

I'm pretty sure we've answered your question. Accept the answer and grow up, or b!tch on some other forum.

1995 Neon DOHC:
- 5 SAFETY Recalls
- 1 General Recall
- 166 Service Bulletins

1995 Honda Civic Coupe 1.6 VTEC:
- 0 SAFETY Recalls
- 1 General Recall
- 61 Service Bulletins

1995 Honda Del Sol 1.6 VTEC:
- 0 SAFETY Recalls
- 1 General Recall
- 49 Service Bulletins

2000 Dodge Neon SOHC
- 5 SAFETY Recalls
- 0 General Recalls
- 48 Service Bulletins
* 2 Emissions Recalls

2000 Honda Civic CX
- 0 SAFETY Recalls
- 0 General Recalls
- 33 Service Bulletins

1989 Ford Mustang 5.0
- 1 SAFETY Recall
- 1 General Recall
- 219 Service Bulletins
* 3 Emissions Recalls

2000 Honda S2000 (First production model year)
- 1 SAFETY Recall
- 0 General Recalls
- 26 Service Bulletins

*For sh!ts and giggles*
1984 Pontiac Fiero Coupe
- 2 SAFETY Recalls
- 0 General Recalls
- 403 Service Bulletins

1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
- 1 SAFETY Recall
- 0 General Recalls
- 310 Service Bulletins
http://www.alldata.com/TSB/

Ok, so now you have all of the OPINIONS you asked for...AND numbers. Go to the Neon forum if you're looking for a pat on the back.

Of course many here on the forum will talk up the Fiero like it's better than sliced bread, but there are also some who will say it does have its shortcomings, and we like that character. The same goes for a Neon; some people like the car, some think it's the biggest POS American economy attempt at performance since the first gen Escort....all opinions.

I'm with Cooter on this one; you asked, you got answers. Don't be such a wuss about it. You sound like some dribbling 14 year old kid with nothing better to do and zero experience or knowledge; if that isn't your profile, you need to take a little time away from the computer and chill out.

Seriously...really, chill out. The LEAST you could do, if you wish to carry on a debate about the vehicle, is use proper english grammar, spelling, and punctuation. To be considered knowledgeable, it is best to be perceived as having a good basis of something you deal with on a daily basis, such as English. Oh, and to those that reply, "so i aint that grea thwit spelling who cars!" I care. Your "questions" are much easier to answer if you actually make them understandable.

STOP STOP STOP STOP!!! You are already thinking of something to type back!!! Don't do it! Go make a sandwich and read a book. At least read something, a magazine would even be a good start. Chill out for a while, think about it; if you think that you're ready to reply in about another 24 hours, make a rough draft and proofread it. Take that rough draft and read it three or four times, then edit it again. THEN type it up on the forum and check for grammar, punctuation, and spelling. If it looks good at that point, and you actually thought about it for a day, then respond. I will respect you much more than I currently do, if you can follow this basic set of directions to help your self-image.

[/RANT]
I rarely act this way on the forum, but this is ridiculous.

Bryce
88 GT

Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2002 04:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
1) 1995 Dodge Neon, Friend named Bryan: 3 trannies, one head-gasket, one rad.

2) 1998 Neon, Friend named Rosella: 1 tranny, 1 head gasket, 1 warped head (separate issue), 3 alternators, 2 seat-belt failiures, ongoing brake issues.

3) 1997 Neon, Friend named Dan. Can't seem to keep that car from hitting other people!

4) 2001 Neon, parent's friend: Out of the showroom, drifting and wobbling at speed, 3 trips to dealer later, numerous part changes, still trouble. Fought, and won. Full refund.

Yup, just a bunch of baseless rumors.

Dodge makes some pretty shoddy cars... Wish I had a camera! 2002 Dodge caravan driving off the lot, trailing a blue cloud... 15k into the motor, and already through a set of valve-seals... Tsk-tsk-tsk.

You ask for my opinion, I gave it. Dodge neons are Crap. Yes, they can be fast. Ostensibly, you can "trick" one out to the point that it looks decent to someone ( ). Personally, I think they are unreliable, poorly built peices of JUNK. But that's just me. The interior is cheap, the body is cheap, the motor is cheap, the tranny is cheap, the suspension is cheap... What do you want me to say? That the neon is the Rolls-Royce of sub 20k cars?!? Get a grip.

I didn't say ANYTHING about Fieros. My car is holding together just fine. How about yours? The only difference is that a major failiure for you is probably still under warranty... But that doesn't speak for reliability.

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2002 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
itz bean twanty fur hores now im chiild.
lol i don't care who hates the neons or who thinks there crap as long as mine hold out i'm happy. but people coming on here giving there opinions i didn't mean opinions i wanted to know what gave neon such a bad name.
not answers from people that hate civics just because there japanese made cars.
im not wiening i wanted to know the real resons. which i found out from what looks to be safty recalls.
thanxs.
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2002 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
I have a 96 neon and never have any problems with it.........

maybe its one of those if you take care of it then it will be reliable deal

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock