Replies: 70
Last post by: Her86GT on 07-14-2001 07:24 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2001 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
3:00am. Wide awake and bored. So I decided to code a few small additions to the forum.

I'll update the UBB code FAQ soon as what I've been adding. Here are a few examples:

Black text can be boring, so I added pretty colors.

2nd, I always found it pretty annoying I wasn't able to do stuff like: F=.5*CdApv2. So I added superscript and subscript.

What else can I add?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2001 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
I know, how about underlined text?
FieroHeather

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2001 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHeatherSend a Private Message to FieroHeatherDirect Link to This Post
woah Cliff--you must be bored!

What about changing our font size? Or would people take too much advantage of it?

Hmmm... I can see it now...

fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2001 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
I go to the forum 30 times a day to check out if theres any new posts.
KRMFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2001 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierospeeder:
I go to the forum 30 times a day to check out if theres any new posts.

hehe thats what I do, click refresh every few minutes

Kyle

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2001 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroHeather:
What about changing our font size? Or would people take too much advantage of it?

Not if you can only choose between small or large.

[This message has been edited by Cliff Pennock (edited 07-08-2001).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2001 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11617 posts
Member since Jan 99
WARNING:

Never trust small print

FieroHeather

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2001 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHeatherSend a Private Message to FieroHeatherDirect Link to This Post
I like that Cliff! Good stuff

Now GO TO BED (Written in Big Letters)

Edit Note:

GO TO BED

Ah Ha! It worked

[This message has been edited by FieroHeather (edited 07-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by FieroHeather (edited 07-08-2001).]

DecadenceR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2001 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DecadenceRClick Here to visit DecadenceR's HomePageSend a Private Message to DecadenceRDirect Link to This Post
LOL
Cliff, boredom is the essence of creativity...
Seems like you're VERY bored!!!
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2001 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Ok, ok. It's 4am now. I guess it is time to go to bed...
Galen
No longer registered
Report this Post07-08-2001 10:00 PM   Send a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Cliff.. If you're bored again, I'll email you and you can help me learn a little more of perl hehe I got a few other things I need done. I've tried but I can't figure them out. I'll email you later and you can be genious and keep me from wasting 8 hours on 11 lines again

Now if anyone can understand what I just said, Plz tell me

------------------

To whom it may concern, The preceeding message was the opinion of this person and not of this forum. If you do not like it. Oh well

PFF
System Bot
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2001 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
Cliff:

The hours between 3:00 and 5:00A.M. are sometimes the best song writing hours of the day! What music are you into? What instruments do you play? Or maybe you do everything midi?

You could always update the Gallery!?

Have a good one!

Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2001 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post
Dude, that's sweet!

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Tigger (edited 07-08-2001).]

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2001 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Just seeing if this works.

Good call on only having 3 sizes available. I tried something larger than "3" but it didn't work. I can picture posts getting out of hand if infinite sizes were available.

------------------
'Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.'

MM

[This message has been edited by Monkeyman (edited 07-08-2001).]

DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2001 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
BAD ASS

------------------
Dillon
Black '87 SE V6

[This message has been edited by DJRice (edited 07-08-2001).]

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2001 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post
Just happened to notice when I clicked on the Forum, that it said "Discuss all you Fiero related topics here with ...hunderts ... of other Fiero nuts!

Thats something that you could do, provided your still awake

Tina

BTW Somebody wanna help out a pc challenged person.
How do I do the color and size thing?

fierobaby

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2001 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobabySend a Private Message to fierobabyDirect Link to This Post
HAHA! It does say hunderts! whats one of those? is it like a kiagillion?

------------------
1984 Sweet Candy Apple red Fiero sport coupe :-D

[This message has been edited by fierobaby (edited 07-09-2001).]

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2001 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
Hey! Uncle Cliffster!

If your really bored, swing on over to the FieroLisa thread and will keep you entertained!

Just please don't shut it down... I get some of my best laughs there when I'm down!

"Hunderts". Wasn't that like the Huns playing in the Norweign dirt or something like that way back when????

FieroJoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2001 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJoeSend a Private Message to FieroJoeDirect Link to This Post
Hmm, well I looked at all those codes Cliff in your message, but if you get bored again could you make another little link to click, like under the "smilies legend" one that shows all the codes you can use? I know bold and italic, but I don't think I'll remember all those others.

Thanks!

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2001 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post
Sun up over there yet?

"god nat", Cliff

Pontiaddict

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2001 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiaddictSend a Private Message to PontiaddictDirect Link to This Post
You think that You're bored?

Man, I sure hope I did that right.

If not, you know why this post had been edited.

[This message has been edited by Pontiaddict (edited 07-09-2001).]

PFF
System Bot
Pontiaddict

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2001 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiaddictSend a Private Message to PontiaddictDirect Link to This Post
For the record, I just got done with that last post.
note the difference in time between these two posts
fierobaby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2001 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobabySend a Private Message to fierobabyDirect Link to This Post
LOL you have wya to much time on your hands...I won't even do that!!

------------------

Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2001 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Ah, forget it. Don't suppose you want to post the UBB triggers, do you?

[This message has been edited by Mach10 (edited 07-09-2001).]

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2001 04:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I don't see the code in either the FAQ section or the "UBB Code is ON" section. Am I missing it somewhere? I guess I could go back to Cliffs original posts and see what codes he used and write them down, but I'd end up losing the paper I wrote them on.

------------------
'Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.'

MM

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2001 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tina:
Just happened to notice when I clicked on the Forum, that it said "Discuss all you Fiero related topics here with ...hunderts ... of other Fiero nuts!

Where did you see that?

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2001 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11617 posts
Member since Jan 99
I just updated the UBB code page. To see an explanation on how to use the new codes, click here.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2001 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11617 posts
Member since Jan 99

Originally posted by Tina:
Sun up over there yet?

"god nat", Cliff

One of my cats kept me awake until 7am...

Oh and BTW, "good night" in dutch is "welterusten" (that is, only if you mean to say "good night" just before someone goes to bed).

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2001 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
WOW thats COOL! What Other COLOR codes are there?
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2001 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroJoe:
...could you make another little link to click, like under the "smilies legend" one that shows all the codes you can use?

Actually, If you post a message you'll notice a text that says: "*UBB Code is ON" just to the left of the input field. If you click that you'll get an overview of all UBB codes. That link has always been there...

Jaygee79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2001 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaygee79Send a Private Message to Jaygee79Direct Link to This Post
Hey, this is pretty cool.

Thanks, Cliff.

I hope you get bored more often

Only thing is that when I type in orange it comes out green and when I type in blue it comes out red. Interesting
------------------
Jaime
84SE red
AOL IM: Jaygee79
Jaygee79's Web Page

[This message has been edited by Jaygee79 (edited 07-09-2001).]

PFF
System Bot
Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2001 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
I know something that needs to be fixed.

whenever I access a subject using Microsoft Internet explorer I have to refresh the page by clicking on the refresh icon - otherwise the page only displays what was there the last time I looked at it.

I have Explorer set up to refresh pages everytime I look at them - and it works for other message boards - for some reason it cant tell these pages have been added to - only seems to happen on this forum.

EDIT: no wait - in typical microsoft fashion I just found a SECOND place to setup the 'refresh on every visit' option - so I will let you know if that fixes this problem.

[This message has been edited by Ken Wittlief (edited 07-09-2001).]

Steve Normington

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2001 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve NormingtonSend a Private Message to Steve NormingtonDirect Link to This Post
More things to do if you're bored:
www.customerssuck.com has a similar looking posting system, except they have a link on each topic where you can jump to your first unread post. Can you do that here?
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2001 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Cliff - some other boards (like EZBoards) have a 'Preview' feature that lets you see your post (with all the codes applied) *before* it gets sent to the board... this allows posters to check and make sure that all their photos and text codes and stuff work right before is gets sent in...

The 'Preview' feature on those boards is a selection at the bottom of the window, just like 'Submit Now', 'Spell Check' and 'Clear Fields', so that if someone is sending in a simple text-only post, they can just go ahead and send it without having to go through the 'Preview' screen, but it's a nice option for people who like to post pics and links and dress up their posts with smilies and colors and stuff...

Also, on the EZBoards, the "This post edited by..." message at the bottom of the posts is very small - noticeable, but smaller then the regular text... it still works, but it doesn't detract from the rest of the post that way... might you try that, too?

These are just suggestions of features that seem to be very useful elsewhere, since you seem to be in a mood to play around a bit, I thought you might like to try them... I have no idea what it would take to add those things, but I just thought I'd offer the ideas...

Keep up the great work, and thanks again for this place.

[This message has been edited by LZeitgeist (edited 07-09-2001).]

Sootah

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2001 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageSend a Private Message to SootahDirect Link to This Post
My humble suggestion, o forum god, is that when people post the looong horizontal pics it doesnt resize the whole rest of the page. Perhaps let the pic be as big as it is but make word wrap the same size as your screen still. Assuming I splained myself well enough. Me hates to scroll back and forth.
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2001 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
ok so the questions still remains. How do you do that superscript and subscript?

Scott

------------------
Fierokid's Web site
http://www.angelfire.com/sports/sfiero

AIM: Fierokid87

fierobaby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2001 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobabySend a Private Message to fierobabyDirect Link to This Post
Just trying this out
this is awesome Cliffy!!!

------------------

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2001 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
I[sup]think[sub]I[sup]see[sub]how[sup]now[sub]

Scott

------------------
Fierokid's Web site
http://www.angelfire.com/sports/sfiero

AIM: Fierokid87

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2001 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post

Fierokid87

4954 posts
Member since Jan 2001
Damb sorry didnt get it that time

Scott

[sup]Try [/sub]again

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2001 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post

Fierokid87

4954 posts
Member since Jan 2001
Ok one more time[SUP] then I quit[/SUB]

Scott

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors