Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Anyone ever heard of this conspiracy?? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Anyone ever heard of this conspiracy?? by JohnnyK
Started on: 02-28-2001 12:29 PM
Replies: 45
Last post by: Black88GT on 03-07-2001 12:19 PM
JohnnyK

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2001 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Someone was telling me that some people actually believe that America didn't land on the moon, and it was all a hoax to bring up patriotism or something. Anyone believe this?? Seems kind of stupid to me.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Galen
No longer registered
Report this Post02-28-2001 12:30 PM   Send a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Isn't that like Acient history?
Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2001 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post
Yep, it was all filmed at Warner Brothers Studios. I took a "backlot" tour a few years ago. Neil's footprints, the American flag, and the lunar mobile are still there!

Yes, some people believed that there was a conspiracy, but it's pretty hard to prove otherwise.

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2001 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Tigger: What do you mean a backlot? How could you/they see what was still there... It's been disproven?
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post02-28-2001 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Let's ask rayb! He knows everything!
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2001 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Oh chill out stimp. he's just stating what he believes in just as you and I are.
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2001 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
Yeah ask ray b you might get something like this

wel verry evl men is in govt so don be suprized wen they fool u jfk same thin mlk and rfk was all them too very evil govt tryin to take gwbush is going to stage moon red plant thing take remmber jfk

Did ya get that?

Fox just did a show on this.

Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2001 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA! That is funny! Isn't that "ebonics" or something like that? Let me try my Alabama version:
Y'all relly 'lieve dat tuff 'bout dem folks landin a roket ship on da moon? Uncle pawpaw sed it aint nuthin but a big ol' pile of chittlins. Aint no mans never walked on dat moon.
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2001 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
No, seriously, this is really bugging me. Has it been proven? I heard that they couldn't take photos of the moon from here to make sure it's real? I've been doing some reading and it seems a lot of people think it's a hoax. I find the whole idea kind of wierd, but I never really thought about it. I know some people are nuts and think everything's a conspiracy, but they DO make some good points (the cross hairs being behind the objects in the photos), and the shadows going the wrong way DO say something. I need proof before I freak out!
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2001 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
JohnnyK, you have email..

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2001 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
To be honest, I've seen and read all the websites that think the moonlanding was a hoax. Their so called "evidence" against the moonlanding is laughable and so easily proven wrong.

You might want to read this: http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

PFF
System Bot
Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2001 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
They even made a movie about the very same thing. Can't remember the name of it or if it was a TV or regular movie.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2001 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil:
They even made a movie about the very same thing. Can't remember the name of it or if it was a TV or regular movie.

Think the name of the movie was Capricorn I, or something like that.

My wife and I had this conversation a few days ago.
How many people worked on the Apollo program? Hundreds? Thousands?
Isn't it likely that, if it really was a hoax, someone would have blabbed by now? Wouldn't someone have smuggled out some concrete proof? Wouldn't someone say "I was there. It never happened."?
Merely an opinion. I'm convinced it was real.

------------------
Raydar - aka Steve

88 T-top Formula
88 soon-to-be-V6 coupe

KnightRyder31

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2001 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightRyder31Send a Private Message to KnightRyder31Direct Link to This Post
I have heard this theory...and its bull$hit!
They didn't fake anything.

Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2001 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
don't you know the whole gulf war was fake, too? it was all filmed in my basement
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2001 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
I didn't say I thought it was faked. I just started reading into it and it got REAL interesting.
Eric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2001 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EricSend a Private Message to EricDirect Link to This Post
So what happened from the time the rocket took off until the capsul was recovered? The astronauts were gone for a while, so maybe they decided to spend some time on the dark side of the moon. I always thought the moon would be a very cool place to hang out.

Still waiting for rayb
"Speak up! I can barely hear ya!"

Phaeton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2001 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhaetonSend a Private Message to PhaetonDirect Link to This Post
And Elvis din't die neither!!
ur2biteme

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2001 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ur2bitemeClick Here to visit ur2biteme's HomePageSend a Private Message to ur2bitemeDirect Link to This Post
yeah. elvis didnt die. he's lying on a beach, sipping a pina colada with andy kauffman and tupac shakuur. theyre laughing at us as we speak.

------------------
Bob's '87 econo coupe
aproaching 171k :)
a little piece of my madness

Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2001 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post
Yep, Elvis works at a Burger King in Kalamazoo.

And that Apollo 13 mission was all faked, just like the movie. (That is a good movie).

Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2001 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Apollo 13
The original version was better than the movie.
PFF
System Bot
WampusCat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2001 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WampusCatSend a Private Message to WampusCatDirect Link to This Post
Capricorn 1, while not the greatest movie, had some of the greatest stunt flying ever involving a stolen biplane being pursued by "government" helicopters. Cool desert canyon stuff. I'm convinced the moon landings really did happen but I belieive the whole reason for going was to develop nuclear ICBM technology and accurate rockets for wiping out Soviet targets. I think "space exploration" was an easier sell to the U.S. public tho.
Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2001 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post
To think that we got to the moon on less computer power than the 386 sitting in my basement....

As a retailer (of telescopes), people ask me if they can see the landing sites. Well, think about it this way; an LM's base is about 15' on a side, so it's area is about 225 square feet. Aside from the fact that it's sitting *somewhere* on a body that's over 2600 miles wide, it's also at a mean distance of about 240,000 miles away. At least there's gold foil lining the base's exterior.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2001 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Actually, up until a few years ago the total computing power of the Space Shuttle equalled that of a Commodore 64. Hard to believe (and I have participated in a lot of flamewars on the internet because of that) but very true.
HF6582

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2001 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HF6582Send a Private Message to HF6582Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Eric:
So what happened from the time the rocket took off until the capsul was recovered? The astronauts were gone for a while, so maybe they decided to spend some time on the dark side of the moon. I always thought the moon would be a very cool place to hang out.

Still waiting for rayb
"Speak up! I can barely hear ya!"

I read somewhere that Neil and the gang hung out with Darth Vader, visited the deathstar and came home.

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2001 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Guys man.. I'm not joking.. I have no doubt they did land on the moon. But after all this research I've done recently, it seems there is something fishy going on.
sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2001 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
lmao black88gt!
that's mean but funny as hell. hehe.

my thoughts on this subject: i think it really happened. it would be stupid to stage something like that anyway.

------------------
sqoach@yahoo.com

84 SE (project car?)
85 Coupe (parts car)
86 SC (daily driver)

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2001 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
JohnnyK, there's really nothing fishy going on at all. All things the hoax-believers present as "weird", "strange" or "fishy" are actually very normal and expected things for the moon's environment.
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2001 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
No, I don't mean fishy like that. I just mean that I've read that they've found some "geometrical" formations up there, miles above, and below the ground.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2001 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Ah, those kind of fishy things.

Well, can't comment on that. But I find it more likely they did go to the moon and find weird things, than that the whole thing was staged.

COUNTIBLIS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2001 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for COUNTIBLISSend a Private Message to COUNTIBLISDirect Link to This Post
Ever wonder why we havent gone back?

------------------

PFF
System Bot
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2001 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
...Or why all NASA video feeds and photos are sent through a NSA office before being released to the public?

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com

RNGCRSH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2001 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RNGCRSHClick Here to visit RNGCRSH's HomePageSend a Private Message to RNGCRSHDirect Link to This Post
I thought everyone knew why we haven't gone back. The had a comercial about it. You know, the green cheese theory :

"behold the power of cheese"

Seriously though, We went to the moon and if you think that we did not, then you have some loose screws that need tightning.

Just because there has not been any recent flights to the moon that we know about, does not mean we have not been back. I would not find it hard to believe, that we have been back secretly for military purposes.

DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2001 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
We didnt go back to the moon because the American public lost interest. Its kind of a shame because the US has yet to build a vehicle as powerful as the Saturn V. In fact, the Saturn V was so heavy that it actually had to burn off some of fuel before the Thrust to weight ratio shifted enough to move the rocket upward.

We havent been back to the moon since the 70's. NASA wont dare park anything with enough fuel to pull that off in the Shuttles Payload bay (especially after Challenger). The shuttle couldnt do it itself because it is not radiation hardened enough to pass through the extreme radiation belts that exist outside the atmosphere.

The International Space Station is a good step toward a base in space from which we can launch missions further into the solar system or maybe even colonize the moon.
Unfortunately, the ISS program is grossly overbudget and behind schedule because of Russias involvement. The Clinton administration felt that it was important to keep Russian scientists involved on the ISS project so that they would not develop various types of weapons. Thats not to say the Russians should not have been allowed to help with the venture, since they did sucessfully operate MIR for a while, but they spend US dollars on missions to MIR and other space missions not related to the ISS. Americans working in the space program didnt take to kindly to that.

Anyway, We went to the moon, and we will do it again. Unfortunately, it appears to be a priority for no-one. The only reason we did it in the first place was the fear of "the commies" doing it first. I bet if Saddam Hussien started making noises about a moon base you would see NASAs budget increase exponentially to insure we did it first.

------------------
Dillon
Black '87 SE V6

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2001 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
I just meant NASA is likely doing some covert spy stuff at the same time as civillian research.. I fully believe that we went to the moon, etc.

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com

Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2001 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
Make's ya' wonder if they're ever gonna find the black monolith up there...
RNGCRSH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2001 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RNGCRSHClick Here to visit RNGCRSH's HomePageSend a Private Message to RNGCRSHDirect Link to This Post
I did some research on the Sat.V rocket. as configured for Apollo 10.
it had a thrust:weight ratio of 1.2:1
7,680,982lbs thrust: 6,371,703lbs T.V.W. including fuel and payload

The sat rocket did not have to burn any fuel to lightien the load so it could take off. They did however hold back the rocket for a couple of seconds at take off, this was done via mechanical restraints. this ensured all motors were running properly before lift off.

[This message has been edited by RNGCRSH (edited 03-02-2001).]

DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2001 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
I stand corrected! I do know the Propellant/Payload Ratio was 50/1. However, I will go back to talking out of my arse about cars instead of rockets...

------------------
Dillon
Black '87 SE V6

COUNTIBLIS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2001 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for COUNTIBLISSend a Private Message to COUNTIBLISDirect Link to This Post
I believe also that we went to the moon. I just think that by now we should be more advanced then what we are now. We should already have a base on the moon, maybe even a colony.
mbramble

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2001 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mbrambleSend a Private Message to mbrambleDirect Link to This Post
My old grandma, long dead, who lived deep in the backwoods of south GA never did believe we landed on the moon. She used to say "nah, I don't thank they went to da moon, I thank they landed on one of them there planiks".

To this day, 30+ years later, whenever my wife or kids express disbelief about something, I repeat grandma's words to them!!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock