Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Calling all Canadian smokers... (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Calling all Canadian smokers... by frontal lobe
Started on: 01-22-2001 04:50 PM
Replies: 55
Last post by: fierogt88 on 01-29-2001 03:25 PM
frontal lobe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2001 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Calling out to all my Canadian forum friends. I heard on the news a couple of weeks ago that you guys have or are going to have some awesome looking cigarette packs.

1. Is that true?
2. How about some pics?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2001 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Don't really smoke too much, but yeah, they are trying the scare tactics.. Don't have any pictures at the moment though.. So far I've seen a tumour on the heart, blackened lungs, a limping cigarette "impotency" and many more.. I've heard theres a premature fetus or something but I have yet to see it... I wonder how long before people are trading them like cards?
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2001 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
with the way people are today, I doubt most will be affected in the way that is intended.. in fact I bet a lot of them will think it's cool...

I had written 2 different rants about smoking already, but I realized they would both make people mad at me (specifically, smokers) so let's just say that I'm 100% anti-smoking.. if it weren't for the fact that I constantly have to breathe in other people's smoke in various places I go... (every door of my school seems to be a designated smoking area.....) I'd have a bit of peace of mind in knowing that smokers will likely end up with a very unpleasant disease of some sort... and trust me, this is a lot less harsh than my other replies.. I hope no one takes this personally... (and before anyone says any crap about it being their right to smoke, more importantly it's everyone elses right to breathe clean air.. so smoke all you want, just not near us. )

btw, a few of my good friends smoke, and it's bugging the heck out of me that I haven't b*tched at them yet..

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2001 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
I am completely anti-smoking, too. However, I am not anti-smoker. I HATE cigarette smoke but I'm against legislation like restaurants must be smoke free (I think California is that way). Anyway, I don't want to get a big cigarette flame war going here, but I thought it was pretty fascinating what the Canadian government was doing. When someone can post some of the pictures I'd love to see them.

I don't know how effective they will be, either. It will be interesting to see.

Yeah, good thought, JohnnyK. I can hear it now..."I'll trade you two black lungs for a tumor on the heart pack."

hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2001 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
I have no problem with people that smoke,but I am an ex smoker(quit in 1980)and smoke bothers me quite a bit.I have had to leave more than one wedding early because I couldn't quit coughing.I only eat at restaurants that have nonsmoking sections.I couldn't afford to smoke now,even if I wanted to.Cigarettes cost(I think)over $3 a pack now in NJ.When I smoked they were about 43cents a pack.
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2001 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
clean air B S air never was or will be clean indoor or out a small minded hiper senceative people ***** about clean air but do they realy do much but blame tobaco for all proplems.I hate all nazi anti anything people esp anti-smokers if that bad use a gas mask dont you dare tell me what to do or where to do it mind you own life not mine fight for your right to smoke or next will be smoking tire bann. ray
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2001 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Smoking is like slowly digging your own grave. I should know 'cos I smoke about 2 packs a day. Bad, bad habit.
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2001 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Hell, in Guelph (beside Toronto) where I live, there is a ban so you cannot smoke in ANY restaurant or ANY bar..
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2001 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:
clean air B S air never was or will be clean indoor or out a small minded hiper senceative people ***** about clean air but do they realy do much but blame tobaco for all proplems.I hate all nazi anti anything people esp anti-smokers if that bad use a gas mask dont you dare tell me what to do or where to do it mind you own life not mine fight for your right to smoke or next will be smoking tire bann. ray

Hmm.. I'm allergic to tobacco smoke, but not as bad as my sister who's throat closes up, and she cannot breathe at all.. always nice to hear from people who care more about getting their drug fix than the health of others... whoops, I almost forgot to thank you for calling me a nazi for wanting to preserve my own health... btw, your spelling/grammar is worse than Vinnywolf's...

JohnnyK, restaurants I can sort of understand.. but all bars too?? that doesn't make any sense. Not that it's a concern of mine, since I don't drink or go to bars anyway.. but still, if people insist on doing stupid things like poisoning themselves, they should have a place to do it.. and if it's in a place I never go (eg. a bar) then all the better..

anyway, I guess I should save this stuff for my debate class..

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com

fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2001 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
Not sure what you're getting at about air pollution and cigarettes, Ray. Are you saying that the anti-smoking people blame cigarettes for the hole in our o-zone?

[This message has been edited by fiero56 (edited 01-23-2001).]

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2001 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Sheesh, ray, have a smoke and calm down some. I have smoked for approx 16 years, and I have never felt like someone was imposing on my rights to smoke. And I lived in California! I personally feel that people have the right to protect themselves from breathing smoke and if that means I need to step outside to get my fix, so be it.
PFF
System Bot
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2001 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Did I mention I didn't want to start a big anti-cigarette flame war?? Flame away, but don't blame me.

I was really interested in the pictures that the Canadian government is mandating put on the packages of cigarettes. I'd love to see some pictures, and I'd love some opinions (especially from smokers) on what effect if any it would have on you.

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2001 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:
Smoking is like slowly digging your own grave. I should know 'cos I smoke about 2 packs a day. Bad, bad habit.

Agreed

My motto " Live and let live"

Smoking while typing this
Tina

hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2001 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
Ray,You have more serious problems than can be caused by smoking.Have a nice day!
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2001 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
In the military cigaretts were $1.50/carton. I was in a while ago. I'm an ex smoker. I got coughing too much. I outlawed smoking in my cars after my dear old mother burnt holes in the seat from falling ashes. (pre Fiero cars).

My brother is two to three pack a day smoker and will be driving down to Daytona with me in a non smoking Fiero. I can go about 300 miles between gas stops which is 4-5 hours. So at stops he has a cigarette in his mouth as soon as a foot is out the door, and has three to four cigaretts in the time I fill up. He has a bad addiction, but after 40 years of smoking, is unwilling to quit. I feel sorry for him and his continual coughing, but it is his life to lose. The Canadian photo packs will make no impact on the smokers or those people who feel indestructable.

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2001 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
if 1% of $$$ from high tax rate on ctgs were spent on vents and ducts no smoke in air inside.
but it cheaper to rule get outside.
what do we get for tax $$$ on ctgs cheap patch to quit NO cost more per week than carton.talk about taxsation with out represation.now many gov. jobs will not hire smoker so $$$ from smoker will not go back to any of them ever.fair ??
next on list is gas car soon to be replaced by elct. car ray
RNGCRSH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2001 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RNGCRSHClick Here to visit RNGCRSH's HomePageSend a Private Message to RNGCRSHDirect Link to This Post
Could someone please flame again? Ineed to light a cigarette, and my lighter is broke.
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2001 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
ray, you must not know the legend of the great Vinnywolf, huh? slightly less profanity.. but you got him beat hands down on the spelling and grammar..

just a question though, why should tax dollars be spent on vents? and if they were designed to remove all the smoke... those would be pretty powerful fans.. totally impractical.. more ventilation is always good of course, but it won't even come close to solving the problem.

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2001 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:
if 1% of $$$ from high tax rate on ctgs were spent on vents and ducts no smoke in air inside.
but it cheaper to rule get outside.
what do we get for tax $$$ on ctgs cheap patch to quit NO cost more per week than carton.talk about taxsation with out represation.now many gov. jobs will not hire smoker so $$$ from smoker will not go back to any of them ever.fair ??
next on list is gas car soon to be replaced by elct. car ray

What the hell did he just say?

If 1/2 of 1% of taxes on cigarrettes was spent on teaching this jamoke how to read and write, this would certainly be an easier thread to decipher. Ray, I think the tar done got to yer brain.

fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2001 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
One of the major reasons many employers require information as to weather you are a smoker or not, is that smokers cost companies many times more money for health care, sick days, time wasted smoking on the job, etc, etc, etc. A smoker is not a very efficient worker I have found. One reason for the taxes on cigarettes is to help us non-smokers foot the bill for those who prefer slow suicide and are forced to undergo operations for new lungs, etc.

BTW, what is 'ctgs'?

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2001 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
LOL @ Stimpy..

fiero56, I agree 100%..
in fact, I plan to eventually start my own business (large scale, not a tiny graphic design business like I have now) and in order to prevent that problem, I won't hire smokers... applicants will be informed when they first consider the company that the entire facility is non-smoking... no smoke breaks will be allowed, and if I could find some way to ethically enforce it, no tobacco products would be allowed on-site.. and anyone who thinks that's unfair, is more than welcome to apply for a job at any of the millions of other companies in north america...

btw, I'm not sure what a "ctgs" is either.

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com

PFF
System Bot
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2001 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
Well, take heart in the fact that they will never be able to tax your methane emissions!
Chances are you wont see a restaurant divided up into a methane/non-methane emitting section but I always ask passengers in my automobiles to hold their emissions until we are stopped and they have exited the vehilce.

------------------
Dillon
Black '87 SE V6
"You mean like the back seat of a Volkswagen?"

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2001 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
One of the electric companies in the Southern Electric system has a policy of not hiring smokers. At all. It might be based on their group health insurer's policy.

I used to smoke. Quit in 1988. Was, without a doubt, the hardest thing that I have ever done. I still feel the urge, every once in a while, but I figure that if I ever smoke even one, I'll be hooked again.
Jeez, even after 13 years, I can still tell if someone is smoking my old brand, just by the smell.
I figure that if you want to quit badly enough, you can. But don't kid yourself. You have to really, really want to quit.

I don't have any problem with people who smoke, as long as I don't have to suffer for it. People should have a right to ingest whatever they want, as long as nobody else is negatively impacted. (This may be a topic for an entirely different thread.)

------------------
Raydar - aka Steve

88 T-top Formula
88 soon-to-be-V6 coupe

PAUL88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2001 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PAUL88GTSend a Private Message to PAUL88GTDirect Link to This Post
My mother quit smoking recently after smoking for about 50 years. She smoked 4-5 packs a day. Her habit was $200-300 per month and she was starting to get emphysema. She quit cold turkey while in her early seventies.

I don't smoke, never have. It got to the point I could not even stand to be around smokers because of allergy problems and I did not want my kids to be exposed to smoke.

Anyway, just had to brag on my mother. If she can quit, anyone can.

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2001 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Darklord: Your more biased than this one guy I know, and I didn't think it was possible.... As for your first post, you don't do much, do you?
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2001 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:
Darklord: Your more biased than this one guy I know, and I didn't think it was possible.... As for your first post, you don't do much, do you?

I don't intentionally try to kill myself (ie. smoking and drinking) if that's what you mean. I just don't like going out to parties, clubs, etc.

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2001 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
4-5 packs per DAY!!! That's 80-100 per day. If you are awake 16 hours per day, that's 5-6 (roughly) cigarettes per hour EVERY hour. That's roughly a cigarette every 10 minutes for 16 hours in a row! Multiply THAT by 40 to 50 years! Staggering! You would have that nice orange-fingers look for sure by then. Makes the teeth look pretty, too. (Not picking on your mom, just in general. I think it's GREAT that she could stop after that many cigs.)
Greg Piet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2001 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg PietClick Here to visit Greg Piet's HomePageSend a Private Message to Greg PietDirect Link to This Post
Well all I can say is that all the engine cleaner, photographic chemicals, engine oils, ethylene glycol, burned paint fumes, fresh paint fumes, the list goes on... is just as harmful (aka carcinogenic) as my smoking. And YES I think the MSDS sheets are for wimps!

But... peace out yo! You dont wanna deal with smoke thats cool, but there is something to be said about a beer and a smoke in a pub.

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2001 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Darklord: You won't even have a beer? What the hell is wrong with you? Go back to America!
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2001 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero56:
One of the major reasons [b]many employers require information as to weather you are a smoker or not, is that smokers cost companies many times more money for health care, sick days, time wasted smoking on the job, etc, etc, etc. A smoker is not a very efficient worker I have found. One reason for the taxes on cigarettes is to help us non-smokers foot the bill for those who prefer slow suicide and are forced to undergo operations for new lungs, etc.

[/B]

Just wanted to say, I'm a smoker (yes it is a bad habit) But Last year I only used 16 hours of sick time (this was due to one of my son's being sick not me) (Also I do not smoke in the house at all or in the car when my sons are in it) and only smoke at work on regular breaks and lunches. (when all the non-smokers are gabbing at the water fountain) I am a very efficent worker. It's the lazy A$$ people who cost companies money for lack of work. At my company there are plenty of people who don't smoke and are very inefficent. As for health care insurance, Our company pays the same weather you're a smoker or not.

My wife has quit and I am in the process too. (using the same method she used. It's working and costs very little) But it just irks me when people start stereotyping others. (Not just smoking but other things too)

I feel that like anything there are those that are too extreme in their causes due to lack of understanding. This usually leads to stereotyping and predjudice. (sp?) Just because an employee spends 5 minutes having a smoke he's not working!?! What about the non-smoker sitting at his/her desk playing solitare on the companines computer? or surfing the net? or drinking a soda in the cafeteria?
For those who want to "stereotype" me because I smoke, I say you have an option too. "Don't Breathe".

Sorry for the vent.

(BTW ~ The biggest loss of work in the workplace is surfing the net. Second is computer games. Third is lazy A$$ people who don't like their jobs.)

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 01-25-2001).]

Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2001 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
Well, before this summer I smoked about a pack a week for around a year and a half.. didn't think it affected me at all. Then I got back into racing my mountain bike last summer, man was I sorry. Threw up in my first race I was so fatigued. I knew I had to quit and I managed to for about 2 months but then the racing season started winding down and party season came around... didn't help at all. I haven't bought a pack for myself for a long time, but if I go out and party with my friends one of them will usually have a pack and we'll chain smoke ourselves stupid.. my g/f smokes, too, and pretty soon I'm gonna have to tell her either the cigs go or she does... I'm getting to the point where I just can't stand it, as hypocritical as that is. ah well.. I just hope my lungs can recover.
PFF
System Bot
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2001 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Ooops, wrong button.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 01-25-2001).]

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2001 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
JohnnyK, I've seen how my friends act when they're drunk, and I can honestly say I don't need alcohol to have a crazy time. I can get hyper and act stupid on my own.
I have tried wine before... and it made me pretty sick.. rather than assuming I'll like it better now or will eventually get used to it, I just decided to not drink.

Oreif, etc. I hope you didn't take any of my statements personally.. like I said, I have many friends who smoke. I think it's a very bad habit, but that doesn't mean I dislike the people for that habit. (any more than I dislike my friends who are complete a**holes when they're drunk) Regarding my comments about not hiring any smokers.. I want to run my business different than most others that are around today.. and that includes providing only healthy foods, on-site exercise room, and having the whole place non-smoking. The idea is that people that are enjoying themselves will work willingly, and not need to be pressured. (anyone watch the Dilbert tv series? remember Nirvanaco, the "perfect company"?) Why make it non-smoking? I feel that healthy employees are productive and happy employees..

Obviously, only people like myself would want to work at this place.

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2001 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
I don't necessarily agree that if you smoke you are unhealthy.. I smoke a bit, and I guarantee I could run rings around you in physical activites...
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2001 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
All I know is, it's tough to get any work done when the guy you are working with has to take a 10-15 min. smoke break every 10-15 min.
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2001 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Darklord, I don't have any problems with companies going to a non-smoking place. It's the companies choice. In your case, being allergic, it is something you need to be careful about. Those who want to eat in a smoke free resturaunt is fine too. At our company we have smoking areas outside. It's just that the way the other post sounded was that smokers were lazy because they smoked. Smoking is a bad habit that many people have, But stereotyping a group of people for what someone has experienced with one person is assinine. Some people are lazy weather they smoke or not.
RNGCRSH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2001 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RNGCRSHClick Here to visit RNGCRSH's HomePageSend a Private Message to RNGCRSHDirect Link to This Post
I was joking about lighting a cig. earlier in the thread. I quit smoking 8 years ago when I got out of the Marine Corps.

I will say this: When I was smoking 4 packs a day (actually a night - graveyard shift) I was at that time the best shape of my life. I had a perfect score in the PFT (Physical Fitness Test). I ran 3 miles in just over 16 minutes. Now I am 30lbs overweight and would not run around the block if you paid me.

The point about smokers being an increased cost to companies because of lower performance is hogwash. My wife is the only smoker in here group at work and she has the highest performance numbers out of all of the non smokers there. They are rated on calls recieved and problems solved. I find that I work no harder at my job because I dont smoke than if I did. I still take my 2 breaks a day and lunch. If I still smoked I would definatly have a job that allowed me to smoke while I worked. If I could only smoke at my break then I would work harded inbetween breaks to make the time go by faster.

The government should keep out of everyons personal life. If someone wants to smoke then let them. If you dont like it, leave. If you were there first ask them to leave. Its rediculous to mandate how people should live thier lives. If the people that are so concerned about the smoker would channel thier energies towrard things that are more important like taking care of themselves. We would live in a much better place.

That was just me ranting - I hate when people try to make me act the way they do. It reminds me of bossy little kids that try to impose thier rules on everyone else, right or wrong.

2xsess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2001 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2xsessSend a Private Message to 2xsessDirect Link to This Post
I'm a smoker, been smoking since I was 13, I used to whine and complain about my moms cigarettes stinking so bad.lol. I agree with the previous comment about lazy ass people in general, I work with a whole bunch of those types. Imagine that, lazy a$$ people in the US Army. I smoke about a pack a day. I run 2 miles in under 13 minutes, which is better than the 8 non-smokers I work with, well, that was almost a year ago, still recovering from my leg and ankle fracture + 2 surgeries.
I'm a very considerate smoker, if a non-smoker comes to my house I go outside so that they don't have to endure my smoke, I don't smoke in non-smokers cars no matter what they say. I don't like smoking in restraunts because I know there's children there and I don't like to think about what it's doing to them.
I'd like to see these new packs that Canada is putting out too.

------------------
Jeff
AOL IM : Only2xsess

http://kresgeus.homestead.com/FieroPage.html

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2001 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
first they came for the jewish people
I was not jewish and didnt care.
next they came for the gays
i was not gay and did nothing.
next commies where taken away
I was not a commie so just watched ......
loss of anyones freedom is the loss of my freedom
if you wont hire a person for smoking you are a NAZI 100% no work no food no life same as NAZI did to people.
why cannt some of tax I pay come back to me
ever by the way cigarette tax is billions but fans and vents in public bld. could allso help other forms of indoor airpolution
from bugspray, plastic outgasing woodtreatment chemicals ect.indoor air never has been clean .
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2001 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
I generally try to be nice.. and I was just stating my opinion... if someone doesn't agree with the policies of my company, they can work somewhere else. I honestly don't care if my employees smoke on their own time, I just won't allow any smoking on company property, and won't offer any smoking breaks.

but calling me a nazi is WAY F*CKING OUT OF LINE.... that's an insult to both my family's european background (several of my direct relatives were gunned down by german soldiers... they were just kids...) and also to my jewish friends... you're taking this smokers rights thing way too far. I'm not even going to get started on how illogical the rest your statements are.
Congratulations, you're one of the lucky few who proves themself to be an a**hole shortly after joining the forum.. enjoy your time here, I doubt you'll make many friends.

Frontal Lobe, I apologize for helping to get your thread so off-topic like this.

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay