Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  If everything has a price, what's yours? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
If everything has a price, what's yours? by mptighe
Started on: 11-14-2012 06:02 PM
Replies: 54
Last post by: fiero67 on 11-18-2012 09:25 PM
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
For some people, these are just cars, and they'd sell. For others, they'd sell if they got enough money, but they wouldn't actively look to sell. Others claim they won't sell no matter the price. So what would be your magic number, and why?

I think I'd have to be in the not selling category, but mainly because no matter how much I'd get I'm going to take a massive loss. Sure if my family was starving, that would change things, anything to ensure their survival. That said, as things are, there's no way I'd let it go for less than $20,000. I have quite a bit more than that in the engine and transmission swap that's being wrapped up now, and that doesn't include the car itself, or any of the other upgrades. At $20k I'd be taking a loss of at least $15k and that wouldn't include all of the money I got defrauded out of trying to get the engine swap done before. Since I don't see anyone coughing up that much, I can say it will probably end up hanging out with me for a long time.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Just casually guessing, I probably have close to $15K in mine.
If I really wanted something else, I might let it go for $10K. If I really needed the money, I might let it go for less.
But nobody's going to pay anywhere near that for it anyway, so it's a moot point.
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
You can buy my Formula for 6K
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Everthing may have a price but every one does not.

Mine aren't for sale, but I will probably be giving them away someday soon.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-14-2012).]

TheRealShadowX

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXDirect Link to This Post
How much is a box of .45 ACP?

... Because that's about the only way someone will be taking mine from me. And they'd better get me on the first shot.

Seriously though, I'm in the " priceless" category.

------------------

JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsDirect Link to This Post
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
Most of my cars could be purchased... for me the fun is in the build. Since I do most of the work myself, it keeps me busy and keeps my $$$ outlay into the projects less than others.

My DD 88 2.5/125C GT clone could be purchased for about $3500. I have more than that in it from the initial purchase and the wheels, tires and brakes on the car, tune up, alignment, TCC switch, and other work I did to the car to make it dependable... but it just isn't a car that I have to keep. If I could find a low miles 88 2.5/Isuzu coupe with good paint, this car would be gone in a hurry.

I had well over $15K in my old 88 GT Clone with Ramjet SBC/HTOB Getrag, and ended up parting it out to maximize the return on my initial expense.

The 88 Notchie with the LS4/F40 is still a work in progress and I am nearly up to $7K and 2 years of work into that vehicle with more to spend when I get to the brakes, suspension, wheels, tires and paint. It would take about 12K for me to part with it at this stage, but once it is painted that would jump to $20K... not really interested in selling it.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
I will sell my wifes car if someone want it. She is in New Jersey helping her uncle clean up. Now would be a great time to PM me and work out a deal. Cars are made to sell! I will always sell any car I have when someone wants it more than I.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Just kidding, I'd take a 3-4 grand for my Formula. Then take that and put towards buying an already engine swapped car.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
The IMSA is not for sale. Period. I have too much of myself in the car.

Let's also keep in mind that money is not everything.

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Not for sale.... period
PFF
System Bot
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Direct Link to This Post
$5 for me. $4k for the car.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

Not for sale.... period

Skitime's old car?
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

Let's also keep in mind that money is not everything.

Exactly !!

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. All original.

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
It depends on the car. I don't want to sell either one. If I had to sell one it would be the Indy. I have way too much into the 88 both time and money.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project!

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
My number would be around 15k. Best chance to get me to sell it is on a day something breaks. But then i fix it and drive the car and forget its flaws haha.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Unless someone offered me a good amount of money, I would keep it/fix it. And it's not worth nearly what I would want out of it.
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post
No idea how much is tied up in mine, but I wouldn't sell it. I collect Fieros, not money (I'd just spend it on another car anyway).

How's that old joke go? "I had a million dollars but I spent most of it on women and booze. The rest of it I just wasted."

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 11-15-2012).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
I built the Blue Demon with my dad; therefore, I don't think I could ever sell it. Too many memories wrapped up in that car. Same with my 88GT.

~ Jen
BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldDirect Link to This Post
I'd let mine got for 2250. Come n' git it!
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
This is a hard one but if I was forced to sell I would try to be reasonable.

84 Indy: $4,500.00 (50,200 miles)
88 Mera 8088: $12,000.00 (70,100 miles)
88 OEM GT w T-Tops: $15,000.00 (13,000miles)
88 GT Hulki's Car: $15,000.00 (5,900 miles)
GBCT: N/A (wouldn't sell as I made a promise I must fulfill)
RottinChop: $15,000.00 (0 miles on new motor but unfinished)
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by maryjane:

Everthing may have a price but every one does not.

Mine aren't for sale, but I will probably be giving them away someday soon.

I think Jane would want me to have an Indy

I think my 88 would go for $10,000 and the Imsa right now is @ $8000

So which one are you going to buy??
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2012 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalDirect Link to This Post
I think if someone offered a fair dollar I'd sell the indy.. as I'm fighting myself to mod it or not..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 11-15-2012).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

I think Jane would want me to have an Indy

I think my 88 would go for $10,000 and the Imsa right now is @ $8000

So which one are you going to buy??

You never know, this thread might put a potential seller together with a potential buyer....
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Direct Link to This Post
I hope I never have to sell Lola, she was my first car... But for 25k I will think about it. I have about 4k into it including the swap and car itself.

------------------
86 Fiero GTX project now tearing up the street, My build thread! 3800sc, interior, wheels, suspension and more! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

You never know, this thread might put a potential seller together with a potential buyer...

If that's in reference to my post--I never sell anything Fiero related, but we have given away 3 of them.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-15-2012).]

Stainless1911

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stainless1911Send a Private Message to Stainless1911Direct Link to This Post
I get attached to cars after rescuing them. My Fiero was gotten on a trade, I'd say when I brought it home, it would have been worth 800 to 1,000. Now, I'd say, 3500, prolly let it go for 3. I dont know how much is in the car though. First thing I'd do, is find another one, and just do with that one, what I did with the one I have now, so it seems a little redundant.
Similar thing with the Camaro. I gave 4 to get the car, put a couple in it, not including the stereo. I'd say its worth 65 to 8k, but you would need 10 to get it from me. With the Radio, you would need quite a bit more. Definitely more than the car is actually worth. If someone had 15, I'd whine a bit, and take the money with my weak hand.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

If everything has a price, what's yours?

Not Fiero related, but ... A guy I used to work with described his interview for a Navy communications security clearance during the Viet Nam war thus:

"At some point the interviewer asked, 'If captured and tortured, what do think it would take to make you talk?' Most of the guys were saying things like, 'Nothing! I'll never talk!' But I answered, honestly, 'After about two weeks, a ham sandwich would probably be enough to do it.' My security clearance was approved."

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 11-17-2012).]

Tekwiz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TekwizSend a Private Message to TekwizDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

Not Fiero related, but ... A guy I used to work with described his interview for a Navy communications security clearance during the Viet Nam war thus:

"At some point the interviewer asked, 'If captured and tortured, what do think it would take to make you talk?' Most of the guys were saying things like, 'Nothing! I'll never talk!' But I answered, honestly, 'After about two weeks, a hamburger would probably be enough to do it.' My security clearance was approved."

Yeah, & a Fiero test drive always makes the offers go up! Especially if the mark buyer has never been in one before.

When determining your price, remember that "price" doesn't always mean cash.
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
30k for the '88... so its not going anywhere.

ZERO for the '87 aka Garth's car.. all he has to do is ask for it back.

------------------
1988 Fiero GT, loaded, 14k original miles, F23, built L67, ST2 cam, PT67 bb turbo, w2a charge-cooled, HT tubular suspension w/ coil overs front & rear, interior, paint & body mods. Ruined by Whodeanies Customs, repaired by myself & Charlie Stump.

1987 Fiero GT Road Racer. 1st documented 3.4TDC swap- built in 1994. 5MT Isuzu, Quaife prototype LSD, HT Tubular A-arms, Fully poly & Heim jointed suspension, Custom 3 way adjustable sway bars, HT Bump Steer kit, Koin's, 320# springs, MegaSquirt III MS3, and more! Under full restoration.

ƒ13r0'$ rµ£3

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 11-15-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
I'd prolly need 10K to let go of the GT I just bought. If someone wanted a clean project, I'd sell the one linked in my sig but they'd have to throw some numbers at me to see what sticks.

------------------
Jonathan
23K mile '85 notchie - Still under construction
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121056.html
I'm not a mechanic but I play one in my garage - me
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely - Lord Acton
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not - Thomas Jefferson
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants - Thomas Jefferson

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

"At some point the interviewer asked, 'If captured and tortured, what do think it would take to make you talk?' Most of the guys were saying things like, 'Nothing! I'll never talk!' But I answered, honestly, 'After about two weeks, a hamburger would probably be enough to do it.' My security clearance was approved."

That's funny... I was actually going to post that in case of a zombie apocalypse, I'd probably sell the car for a good machete. Circumstances dictate willingness, that's for sure.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I love some of my cars more than others. Every one of them has/ had a price. Its an object. No matter how nice it is, you can always redo another one even better from what you learned on that one. I though my Magnum was the last new car id buy and drive it till I died. I sold it for a $25,000 loss when the economy tanked. I just sold my SuperBee I spent last 6 years rebuilding from end to end, the Bullit Mustang, and the Caddy limo, last weekend at no reserve sale. The 90% restored Mercedes SL is already for sale too for 1/2 what I have in it. It got 2 trophies last weekend as is.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 11-15-2012).]

Mcfleev-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mcfleev-OSend a Private Message to Mcfleev-ODirect Link to This Post
what about trades?
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

If that's in reference to my post--I never sell anything Fiero related, but we have given away 3 of them.

If you ever need a good home for your Indy I would be happy to adopt it.

True money isn't everything...but if Warren Buffet walked up to my house with a briefcase full of cash, I would sell any material object in my possession.

When I was at Daytona this year a man was looking for an LS7 Fiero... I told him where he could find one, and if he had a $10,000 dollar bill in his pocket he could have Proud-2 and I would walk home. I don't plan to ever sell it, but you know what they say, "money talks, BS walks"
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mcfleev-O:

what about trades?

I'd trade my Fiero for a DeLorean, but that's pretty much it. Maybe to completely pay off my student loans. Either way I'd still go through withdrawl. *shiver*
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Hard question to answer. I have about $12K invested in my Fiero and 100's of hours of work. I'd probably have to get at least $15 for it but who pays this kind of money for a Fiero?
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Hard question to answer. I have about $12K invested in my Fiero and 100's of hours of work. I'd probably have to get at least $15 for it but who pays this kind of money for a Fiero?

Some have sold for that, you just have to have the right car and the right buyer. If I remember correctly, FIEROSMIGLA's cars go for a decent amount on eBay. $10k seems to be the magic number for the custom ones right now.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

I will sell my wifes car if someone want it. She is in New Jersey helping her uncle clean up. Now would be a great time to PM me and work out a deal. Cars are made to sell! I will always sell any car I have when someone wants it more than I.

lol
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock