JSzpotek's White 87 Fiero GT by JSzpotek
Started on: 04-24-2011 10:31 PM
Replies: 37
Last post by: JSzpotek on 07-14-2012 02:10 AM
JSzpotek

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2011 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post
Just thought I'd start a build thread, for my car. Will be updating it whenever I install parts.

Current add-on's:
- Eagle Series 192 rims, 16x7.5 (w/ 205/55/16)
- Magnaflow exhaust system
- K&N intake
- Eibach springs, 1" drop
- Ram HD clutch kit
- Short shifter
- N* throttle body

Personal Checklist for the Fiero:

1.a) Alpline CDA-117 **Installed**
b) Kenwood KFC-415C (front 4x10), KFC-4675C (rear 4x6) **Installed**
2. 4" Quad exhaust tips **Installed**
3. Retuned 1997 Grandprix ECU **WORK DONE BY FIEROFLYER, A+**
4. Kahines rear taillight panel **Still Looking**
5. OEM GT sail panels or Scoop GT sail panels
6. a) 17x8 in front and 18x10 in rear *Need opinions as to whether I should get 18's in the front and 19's in the rear instead**
b) Either WRX fenders or IMSA rear fenders
c) Rear coil-over suspension
7: V8 Archie's Hatch conversion **collecting funds**
8: 20% window tint for the side windows, 10% for the rear window
9: "Closed Mouth" chin spoiler **collecting funds**
10: 3800 Series III swap **in the process**
11: 3800 Low Alt Mount **installed**
12: N* throttle body + ZZP spacer/adapter **installed
13: 255 LPH Fuel Pump **installed*
14: Magnaflow muffler/exhaust **parts collected, need to create and install**
15: Z06 wheels **SOLD**
16: 3800 flywheel **needs to be machined and installed**
17: Return fuel system **needs installing**
18: Wiring harness **DONE BY DAN, aka FIEROFLYER, great job, great guy to deal with as well**
19: Lowmount idler pulley arm **currently in the process of customizing**

------------------

[This message has been edited by JSzpotek (edited 05-31-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2011 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
If you have a hard time with Ken Hines, check out Justin's panels here:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/054051.html

They are fiberglass blanks that you drill for whatever type lens you want. He is selling them for $185.00
JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2011 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post
4" Outlet Quads, they fit so snuggly in the bumper. I'll be installing them Tuesday!

Side

Angle

------------------

JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2011 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post

JSzpotek

227 posts
Member since Jun 2010
Thanks so much, just i prefefer Kahines because of how much easier it is to install; only problem is getting a hold of Ken.

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

If you have a hard time with Ken Hines, check out Justin's panels here:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/054051.html

They are fiberglass blanks that you drill for whatever type lens you want. He is selling them for $185.00

------------------

[This message has been edited by JSzpotek (edited 04-24-2011).]

JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post
4x6 headlights & 6000K HIDs came in!

------------------

RenegadeShadow

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-28-2011 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RenegadeShadowSend a Private Message to RenegadeShadowDirect Link to This Post
can you say... HOTNESS

------------------

JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RenegadeShadow:

can you say... HOTNESS

Lmao, I'll have both headlights and tips installed in a couple days, waiting for my pay tomorrow .

------------------

JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post
Sooo, just an update:

Purchased a L26 out of a 2008 Buick Lucerne, engine has just over 6000K, installing it with my Getrag 282 tranny. At the moment I'm waiting for a Momo Hub, leather shift boot, Momo shift knob, WCF Dogbone, WCF engine mount and waiting for a oil filter adapter/housing from a 3800 Camaro that I ordered won on ebay for 20$. I'm still looking for a 3rd Gen F-Body 3.8L flywheel, sadly I can find any that ship to Canada and still looking for the best replacement fuel pump. Got a Momo wheel as well for the interior, going to be ordering 2 Momo seats as well.

------------------

[This message has been edited by JSzpotek (edited 02-13-2012).]

JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post
Just ordered the 266LPH Fuel Pump from the Fiero Store and a Spec Aluminum Flywheel .

*EDIT* Flywheel is currently being machined and I have recieved the Fuel Pump.

------------------

[This message has been edited by JSzpotek (edited 10-02-2011).]

JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post
Looking for someone to make a harness for the swap

JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post

JSzpotek

227 posts
Member since Jun 2010
Just a update as to how the exhaust tips look like on the Fiero.

PFF
System Bot
Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayDirect Link to This Post
Nice tips! What brand are they?
JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post
I won them on ebay! For only 100$ +ship! Quite the deal!

Originally posted by Bradley Jay:

Nice tips! What brand are they?

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I haven't been on here in a while. Looks like you're doing a nice job!

Post more pics!
JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post
kk! ill take some right now! I have the momo wheel on and a new shift boot. I also purchased a mustang 79 mustang scoop and it came in just the other day, cant wait to have it put on!

Alsoooo because im on a budget i made my own intake, you might laught when you see it but it should work perfectly fine! Its a combination of the stock fiero intake and the Fiero K&N cold air intake filter, its pretty ghetto.

Originally posted by doublec4:

I haven't been on here in a while. Looks like you're doing a nice job!

Post more pics!

JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post

JSzpotek

227 posts
Member since Jun 2010
Ghetto 3800 intake. What I did was I sawed off the bit from the stock fiero intake piping, shaved the inside of the FieroStore K&N Intake filter and simply attached the filter side of the stock fiero intake tube to the throttle body. Just a temporary mod till i have enough money for a Weapon R intake.

And yeesss, i did clean off the rust before putting it on .

JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post

JSzpotek

227 posts
Member since Jun 2010
So currently I have these two issues with removing my 2.8 out and installing the 3800.

1: The rear right nut just spins. Not sure as to what my options are? Any suggestions?

2: My second problem is that when I got the engine it ended up having a broken sensor, not sure if its my evap purge, can someone please confirm?

ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Direct Link to This Post
your "broken sensor" is your Evap Purge.

------------------
there's a Group on 60degreeV6.com for us 660 Fiero owners!

Fiero Owner's group on 60degreeV6.com

JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!

Originally posted by ericjon262:

your "broken sensor" is your Evap Purge.

JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2011 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post
Looking for a 282 shifter bracket. If anyone has a spare reply, thanks!
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2011 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
cut a hole in the frame rail and use a set of vice grips to hold the nut..
PFF
System Bot
JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2011 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thismanyfieros:

cut a hole in the frame rail and use a set of vice grips to hold the nut..

This is where it broke though.

Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2011 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeDirect Link to This Post
He meant for the cradle nut, however if you have the rear bumper metal removed (which it looks like by the pitcure) you can get a set of vice grips on it from the back without cutting the rail.

To be able to reinstall the nut and not have the problem of it spinning in the future weld a 3-4 inch long piece of bar stock to the appropriate part of the cradle nut (flat part, youll know when you get it out)
JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2011 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post
I think youre missing the point Luke, it snapped off and is broken. Look at the left side of it.

Originally posted by Luke:

He meant for the cradle nut, however if you have the rear bumper metal removed (which it looks like by the pitcure) you can get a set of vice grips on it from the back without cutting the rail.

To be able to reinstall the nut and not have the problem of it spinning in the future weld a 3-4 inch long piece of bar stock to the appropriate part of the cradle nut (flat part, youll know when you get it out)

Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2011 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeDirect Link to This Post
You are talking about the bracket where the slave cylinder bolts to, correct?

You're misunderstanding "thismanyfieros" and I , the two of us are talking about your picture right above that with the cradle nut not your shift cable/ slave cylinder bracket. For the slave cylinder bracket the solution is simple, find another and bolt in on. What the two of us were trying to give you advice on was how to deal with the cradle nut.

Edited to add a pciture.

[This message has been edited by Luke (edited 10-09-2011).]

JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post
I just ended up drilling the bolt! Thanks for taking the time to help me out though, I appreciate it.

Originally posted by Luke:

You are talking about the bracket where the slave cylinder bolts to, correct?

You're misunderstanding "thismanyfieros" and I , the two of us are talking about your picture right above that with the cradle nut not your shift cable/ slave cylinder bracket. For the slave cylinder bracket the solution is simple, find another and bolt in on. What the two of us were trying to give you advice on was how to deal with the cradle nut.

Edited to add a pciture.

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JSzpotek:

Just thought I'd start a build thread, for my car. Will be updating it whenever I install parts.

a) Rota G-Force 18x9 +25 for rear (w/ 255/40/18), 17x7.5 +48 (w/ 215/40/17) for front **Really need opinions as to whether I should get 18's in the front and 19's in the rear instead**

I wouldn't recommend these. I actually just sold a set over a week ago, they look nice but are fairly heavy. Not only that but IMO Rota's quality just isn't there and if you want brand name wheels- you might as well get some nice forged ones for the money. I also wouldn't recommend 19"s- I thought the 18"s were pushing it on my car.I had mine in 18x8.5 with 235s on them btw. Good luck with the build
JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post
Pushing it in what sense? Too big? Or did they look horrid?

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

I wouldn't recommend these. I actually just sold a set over a week ago, they look nice but are fairly heavy. Not only that but IMO Rota's quality just isn't there and if you want brand name wheels- you might as well get some nice forged ones for the money. I also wouldn't recommend 19"s- I thought the 18"s were pushing it on my car.I had mine in 18x8.5 with 235s on them btw. Good luck with the build

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Judge for yourself

I was going to plasti dip them, the tires are subi size so they're 1 step bigger:

JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post
Your car isnt lowered though, If it was they would look alot nicer and you chose an odd offset. The wider wheels with larger offsets look better. Either way I'm going with the P45's now. 5 Spoke always looks good on a fiero.

Judge for yourself

I was going to plasti dip them, the tires are subi size so they're 1 step bigger:

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Your car isnt lowered though, If it was they would look alot nicer and you chose an odd offset. The wider wheels with larger offsets look better. Either way I'm going with the P45's now. 5 Spoke always looks good on a fiero.

I beg to differ , 1 coil cut in the front and coilovers in the rear. Its sitting so high cause I had it jacked up and it takes some driving around for the front to settle back down. Regardless I was discouraging you from the Rotas more cause of the lack of quality/ high weight.

PFF
System Bot
JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post
Haha well thanks to you I bought Z06 wheels instead. I'll post pictures very soon.

I beg to differ , 1 coil cut in the front and coilovers in the rear. Its sitting so high cause I had it jacked up and it takes some driving around for the front to settle back down. Regardless I was discouraging you from the Rotas more cause of the lack of quality/ high weight.

JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post

JSzpotek

227 posts
Member since Jun 2010
Winter/Spring Update

Got a Park Ave. ECM, going to reprogram it of course, AC delete and as well scored a pretty wicked deal on some flawless Z06 wheels. Going to see if i can design some custom axels, hub and suspension to accommodate for the huge width. For the body work I going to just trim the fenders and bolt-on flares 55mm in the front and 75mm in the rear.

Front: 18X9.5 in
Rear: 19X12 in

I'll be posting soon about my exhaust set up, how I made it: the materials I used, dimensions and ofcourse pictures. Its a true dual exhaust for the 3800.

Other things left to do on my swap are just finding a N* throttle body and mass airflow sensor and a proper air intake.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Front: 18X9.5 in
Rear: 19X12 in

Love the look of those Z06 wheels, always have thought they'd look good on a Fiero.

Those look so wide!
JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Love the look of those Z06 wheels, always have thought they'd look good on a Fiero.

Those look so wide!

They're as wide as they look! :P
JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post
Just an update, ended up selling the Z06 wheels for a profit. Bought them for around 1000$ with shipping. Sold em for 1500$, easy money.
JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post

Shes finally in. I'll be posting details this Sunday.

[This message has been edited by JSzpotek (edited 09-13-2012).]

JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2012 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post
Just fine tuning the engine before I put it on the road.

[This message has been edited by JSzpotek (edited 09-13-2012).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock