Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Looking for Fiero Owners in Ohio (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Looking for Fiero Owners in Ohio by A4SixtyNineRR
Started on: 11-11-2011 12:45 PM
Replies: 50
Last post by: hyperv6 on 02-24-2012 06:54 PM
A4SixtyNineRR

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2011 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A4SixtyNineRRSend a Private Message to A4SixtyNineRRDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I am looking to see how many members there are that live in Ohio. We used to have the Central Ohio Fiero Club, the Cleveland Fiero Club, and The Southern Ohio Fiero Club but all of them have gone under. I am in the formative stages of making the Ohio Fiero Club to encompass everyone in the state and hopefully have a club with enough members to last... similar to the Michigan Fiero Club. Please post or PM me if you have any interest. I've purchased the domain name, but need founding members to help build the club. Thanks, -DJ
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ThatFieroKid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2011 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThatFieroKidSend a Private Message to ThatFieroKidDirect Link to This Post
If I had a Fiero I would love to get a club going.
pcwentworth

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2011 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcwentworthSend a Private Message to pcwentworthDirect Link to This Post
I live in zanesville and would love to help.
pm me or email fieroguy1987@gmail.com
Phil
A4SixtyNineRR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2011 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A4SixtyNineRRSend a Private Message to A4SixtyNineRRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ThatFieroKid:

If I had a Fiero I would love to get a club going.

Owning one isn't necessary. The club would be open to anyone who appreciates Fieros
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2011 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
I would assume my dad and I, and my friend Alex would be interested. We have 4 known fiero's in just this city, I have seen a few others driving around, and there are many other fiero owners around the Cleveland area.
BOBBY D

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2011 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DDirect Link to This Post
Yo, count me in
fierofury

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2011 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofurySend a Private Message to fierofuryDirect Link to This Post
I may be interested
cooguyfish

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cooguyfishSend a Private Message to cooguyfishDirect Link to This Post
O, I suppose I would count as well
Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested.
tophat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tophatSend a Private Message to tophatDirect Link to This Post
i'm interested, i know a couple of owners in my area who aren't on the forum that may be interested too.
docholliday

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dochollidaySend a Private Message to dochollidayDirect Link to This Post
Not that I would be a regular member, but if I were welcome (even though I live in Indiana), I would attend a few gatherings every now and then. There's nothing going on here in Indiana and I would like to see what other owners are doing with their cars.

------------------
Mike in Indy

PFF
System Bot
A4SixtyNineRR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A4SixtyNineRRSend a Private Message to A4SixtyNineRRDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, thanks for all of the interest. I think the club would be welcome to anyone... even someone from Indiana. LOL Feel free to spread the word to any other Fiero owners that you know around the state. Like I said, I have purchased www.ohiofieroclub.com and would love to get a club going. Is anyone techy enough to help build our website? It's getting too late in the year to have much of an outing/show, but it gives us plenty of time to get this thing off the ground and to hit the ground running in 2012. I welcome any thoughts, input, advice that you guys have. I've been a part of a few car clubs over the years so I have a pretty good idea of the work that needs to be done. Is anyone interested in being more involved in the formative stages, a member of the officers, or helping in any way other than just being a member? Let me know! Thanks, -DJ

[This message has been edited by A4SixtyNineRR (edited 11-12-2011).]

roofus7044

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2011 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for roofus7044Send a Private Message to roofus7044Direct Link to This Post
I'd be interested even though I don't have a lot of time.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2011 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
There still is a Central Ohio Fiero club. They just had a lunch/ meeting on Saturday. I dont think any of them are on the forum any more, and for whatever reason none seem interested in it. I can give you contact info in a pm. I cant assume any want it in here.
A4SixtyNineRR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2011 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for A4SixtyNineRRSend a Private Message to A4SixtyNineRRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

There still is a Central Ohio Fiero club. They just had a lunch/ meeting on Saturday. I dont think any of them are on the forum any more, and for whatever reason none seem interested in it. I can give you contact info in a pm. I cant assume any want it in here.

Yea, I would love to contact them. I haven't been able to find any information about them online, so I assumed they folded like the other two clubs.
pcwentworth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2011 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcwentworthSend a Private Message to pcwentworthDirect Link to This Post
I would love to take on a strong role if you need the help.

[This message has been edited by pcwentworth (edited 11-13-2011).]

mattman134

Feedback score:    (33)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2011 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattman134Send a Private Message to mattman134Direct Link to This Post
Im here as well. Batavia, OH
DougKraft

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2011 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougKraftSend a Private Message to DougKraftDirect Link to This Post
In as well
88GTTTOP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2011 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTTTOPSend a Private Message to 88GTTTOPDirect Link to This Post
i would be in too, from cincy ohio. keep us posted.
secre7skw3rl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2011 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for secre7skw3rlSend a Private Message to secre7skw3rlDirect Link to This Post
Same here, I live near Mattwa and could find some time to go to meetings.
A4SixtyNineRR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2011 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for A4SixtyNineRRSend a Private Message to A4SixtyNineRRDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I'm glad there is so much interest. I would like to start getting things together after the new year. Start thinking about what you would want out of a club, how we would organize meetings or shows, and ways for all of us to participate since we are all kind of spread out. We could do a lot of stuff online and via our website, but outings and meetings would be a part of it as well. I was thinking we could rotate every month or every other month to a new city... Or choose something central and have the majority of them there?? I'm open to any and all suggestions so let me know your thoughts. Thanks, -DJ
PFF
System Bot
88cryan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2011 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88cryanSend a Private Message to 88cryanDirect Link to This Post
Interested!!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Nope, having a get together this Saturday 17th, for lunch and a gift exchange. Its on Columbus west side at 1 pm. York Steak House, West Broad St.

secre7skw3rl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for secre7skw3rlSend a Private Message to secre7skw3rlDirect Link to This Post
So how does the current Ohio Fiero Club communicate and let people know dates/times?

Also what I would like out of a club is the chance for auto-x/track days.

[This message has been edited by secre7skw3rl (edited 12-15-2011).]

AADrcw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AADrcwSend a Private Message to AADrcwDirect Link to This Post
I just noticed this thread, I would be in to. I'm down in Fairfield (25 min north of Cincinnati)
Jims 84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jims 84Send a Private Message to Jims 84Direct Link to This Post
I would be interested also. I am located half way between Columbus and Cincinnati.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
They use Email between members.

There are 3 Autocross setups in the summer. One is at Columbus Motor Speedway on Williams Rd, one at the west campus parking of OSU, and more at Mid Ohio Raceway in Lexington, Ohio. MOR does require racing equipment like roll bars since you run on the actual 2.5 mile road course with no speed limits.
richg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for richgSend a Private Message to richgDirect Link to This Post
i would like to join not driving now but will be 2 to 3 months after i get a transplant.also trying to get my car running againhopefuly be able to get it running by spring and if still not driving i might be ale to talk one of my sons to take me.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
If you want a club here is what you need.

#1 A web site

#2 A new letter that is sent on time every month.

#3 at least one to Five people who are ok doing all the work.

#4 A leader who is able to work with all kinds of people and is the kind of person who can be friendly but also a thick skin. You have to take the good and the bad.

Clubs are difficult to do. There is a large culture of personalities that you need to deal with and a lot of work to do with only a few members who want to get involved or have the time.
Also people will come and go as interest goes up and down with many owners. I have owned my car for years and I will get all excited about it and drive a lot for a few years and then park it for several years and not do much with it. Family also take first before the car so. Since my son came along I also have been doing less with the car. Other have similar reasons. This is why you always need to seek new owners.

Fiero owners are generally on a budget. I don't mean cheap but I do mean they have limits often on what they will spend. Many are moved to a Fiero as it is an affordable collectors car. But that also means they often have less money to spend on clubs etc. It is because of this you need to price the club carefully.

Finally you need to plan events and if you want meetings. To do a state club and have meetings would be difficult. A yearly meet would be easy to do. We have a good number of Fiero's at Norwalk every August and even had a show in the show like the Fiero Hawk club. The Norwalk Pontiac weekend is a ready made event for a Ohio based club.

I would first speak to some of the larger strong clubs like NIFE etc. Seek their advice on what works and what does not.

The Cleveland Club worked real well for many years as we ran it pretty much as a group of friends than a club. We were pretty informal and had fun. As time went on we had the passing of some key people who started the club and held it together. After that many started to lose interest or just did not have the time that we once had to be involved. There is another large Ohio club I have worked with in the past going through the same thing right now.

I wish you luck and would recomend you do some research into clubs before you get started. FInd out what works and what does not from others who already have been there. Starting a club and keeping it alive is not an easy task. I wish I had a dollar for every club I have seen come and go over the years. A good club can be built but it takes time and a lot of work. What pre planning you do will be a big help in growing a club. You time invested in this will pay off later. One last piece of advice keep it simple. Don't bite off more than you can chew. If things get too complicated it becomes more difficult to deal with and also more expensive to run.

Good Luck!

wd8ivl

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wd8ivlSend a Private Message to wd8ivlDirect Link to This Post
I live in Mentor, Ohio and would welcome a local club. Would be nice to have some cruise-in's, etc.
VelociJuris

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VelociJurisSend a Private Message to VelociJurisDirect Link to This Post
Checking in from Beavercreek, OH
PFF
System Bot
Bishop3854

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bishop3854Send a Private Message to Bishop3854Direct Link to This Post
englewood ohio checking in would love to hear some more!
Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
Im around n talk to quite a few others in Ohio that have fieros. Also Im from Warren,oh so it would be a long cruise to get to central OH. I would go to Norwalk once a year though.
Midnight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post
Checking in from Brunswick, OH. Gota buddy too with a Fiero but not a poster on this site.

Already met mattwa and his dad. Sold me my engine cradle.

Id start a facebook page first and see where the interest lies.

[This message has been edited by Midnight (edited 01-28-2012).]

Midnight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post
Bump-

Anyone still care about this? Sent PM to OP.
A4SixtyNineRR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for A4SixtyNineRRSend a Private Message to A4SixtyNineRRDirect Link to This Post
Hi to everyone who has expressed an interest in the club. The new year is here... and so is pretty decent weather at the moment. I'm sure everyone is starting to think about car show season and what events they want to attend this year. I'm glad to see so many of us are interested in starting a new Ohio club. As I stated in earlier posts, I do have the website address secure at this point but that's about it at the moment. I'm looking for someone with some tech experience who would be willing to start building our site. I'm also looking for a few people who are willing to put in the work to help found the club and get us up and running. I'm definitely commited and up for the task, but I can't do it on my own. I hope to start contacting everyone on this post via PM or email. I have created an email OhioFieroClub@gmail.com to go along with the web address. Feel free to start email inquiries and your thoughts to that account. I hope everyone has as much interest in a club as I do and I look forward to talking to all of you. Thanks!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
First above all else, make sure people wanting a club are together on what activities they want to do and willing to follow thru. Ive been in many car clubs that started out great, long country cruises, car shows, etc. After a year or two most Ive been in fall apart as some start losing interest and go their separate ways. Last few I was in turned into dinner clubs and did nothing else but go out to nice dinners and usually not in their club car. My Corvette club for example used to go somewhere nearly everyweekend whether just a fun road trip or bigger car shows. Now all they do is go to each of their own pick shows by themselves and go to dinner in their pickups and SUVs. Im a little extreme in that I go to 2-4 car show a week in season. Out of the 30 members in that Corvette club I only seen a couple of them once all summer. Why would you own 2 or 3 Corvettes and never take them out of the garage? I just sold mine and moved on.
A4SixtyNineRR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for A4SixtyNineRRSend a Private Message to A4SixtyNineRRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

First above all else, make sure people wanting a club are together on what activities they want to do and willing to follow thru. Ive been in many car clubs that started out great, long country cruises, car shows, etc. After a year or two most Ive been in fall apart as some start losing interest and go their separate ways. Last few I was in turned into dinner clubs and did nothing else but go out to nice dinners and usually not in their club car. My Corvette club for example used to go somewhere nearly everyweekend whether just a fun road trip or bigger car shows. Now all they do is go to each of their own pick shows by themselves and go to dinner in their pickups and SUVs. Im a little extreme in that I go to 2-4 car show a week in season. Out of the 30 members in that Corvette club I only seen a couple of them once all summer. Why would you own 2 or 3 Corvettes and never take them out of the garage? I just sold mine and moved on.

Great advice! I've also been in a few clubs that slowly moved from active clubs into just dinner/drink events. I want to be in a club so I have other Fiero owners to talk tech with, to go to shows with, to give me a reason to pull mine out of the garage and take it somewhere. My plan would be for this club to have a pretty active schedule and for members to attend whenever they can. I know everyone is busy and there is more to life than their car, but hopefully we would have enough members to keep the club going. There are several successful clubs around the US, so I don't see why Ohio couldn't be one of them.
Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Direct Link to This Post
I would love to be involved my only downside is my car is sitting on jackstands for an unknown time frame. IF you need some help with things drop me a line i can see what I can do.
KaijuSenso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoDirect Link to This Post
Sounds interesting. At the very least I'd like to know what events get scheduled.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock