Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Monsoon or not to Monsoon? That is the question....

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Monsoon or not to Monsoon? That is the question.... by JCircs
Started on: 10-10-2011 10:05 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: JCircs on 10-12-2011 12:20 PM
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2011 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsDirect Link to This Post
On the Delco head unit with the cd and 7 band eq from the 02 trans am/Firebird both the Monsoon and non Monsoon version look identical. If I'm using my own amp not the separate Monsoon amp are they the same? Do they both have CD changer/aux controls that PAC or other aftermarket companies use to control the iPod? Im finding remanufactured non version head-units with warrantee and adapters for good prices. Thanks in advance for any input or advice.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2011 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
From what I've been able to gather, only Monsoon versions have active ports to support the CD changer controls.
The others have the same ports but don't work. Put a Monsoon in my Indy - works great with iPod interface.

My Indy https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...3/HTML/000031-2.html
See here: http://replacementradios.co..._204&products_id=227

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 10-10-2011).]

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2011 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
I've also got a monsoon with the same Ipod inteface that fierosound has and it's a great upgrade to the Fiero system.

Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 10-10-2011).]

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2011 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsDirect Link to This Post
Monsoon it is! Thank you both.
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2011 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sourmug:

I've also got a monsoon with the same Ipod inteface that fierosound has and it's a great upgrade to the Fiero system.

Nolan

I have the non monsoon but I've seen both version back to back and can't tell the difference, with that said would this ipod interface work on the non-monsoon version? if you can please post pictures.
Thanks
L67

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 219
User Banned

Report this Post10-12-2011 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
Aftermarket head units blow both versions away. Aftermarket head units with engineered external amplifiers are in another world. And no, the radio's are different. The unit with the external amp sends a line level signal to the amplifier. The non Monsoon unit sends a post amp signal.

[This message has been edited by L67 (edited 10-12-2011).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2011 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Check to make sure the unit has CD changer controls. They all have the plug on the back, but some of them use it for an external cassette deck and it won't work with the iPod adapter.

More info at: http://www.replacementradios.com
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2011 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsDirect Link to This Post
How can I tell the difference between cassette/CD on the back of the radio?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock