Cincinnati - Dayton - Northern Kentucky Fieros by Arachnyd
Started on: 09-26-2011 08:12 AM
Replies: 10
Last post by: 88cryan on 09-27-2011 10:02 PM
Arachnyd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2011 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArachnydSend a Private Message to ArachnydDirect Link to This Post
Another fiero showed up at a car show I went to last week (84 with just over 10k miles... all original... beautiful!), then three fieros showed up last week at a cruise in in Dayton,, and we got talking about trying to meet up at some local events. I saw a few others on this forum who are in the tristate area. If any of you have any interest in meeting up with some of the other fieros in the area, head over to TriStateGMPerformance.com . There is an "event" section. I normally bring my camaro to events, but when there are other fieros coming I'll bring one of my fieros.

TSGMP isn't a club, but is an opportunity to connect to others locally. It is predominately new generation camaros, GTOs, and G8s, but a few other local fieros have expressed interest in coming to future events since there doesnt seem to be any sort of fiero groups in the area (I've been looking for a while so if there is someone tell me!!!) and its geared towards local events and event planning (location based not car based). Its not too late to sign up for a mid-Ohio track day if you want to join us (October 3rd), and we still have a few drag race track days. We also tend to meet up at Lofinos in Dayton, although sometimes we head to Milford. Just thought I'd share! probably not a whole lot left in store this year, but starting next year we'll be back in the swing of things.

Lofinos has a few fieros each week which is pretty neat if anyones in the area, and hopefully we can get more fieros meeting up a few times per year.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2011 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
There used to be a southwest Ohio fieros club, but i think they kind of just faded away.

There are A LOT of individual fiero owners in Southwest ohio, i just kind of think nobody has taken the initiative to get something going. I am originally from Middletown and my family still lives there, and it would be cool to be able to hook up with some of you guys or go to a club meeting when i come to visit.

I have a list somewhere of a bunch of fiero owners in the area, just in case someone wanted to do exactly what your doing. Will try to dig it up for you. Give me a day or so and i will post all their Pennocks screen names within this thread.

Here is one local member already for you.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000087-10.html

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-26-2011).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2011 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
The Southwest Ohio Fiero Owners Association died out a long time ago. Probably close to 10 years now.

EDIT: Or Fiero Club os Southern Ohio. Both names were used at some point I think. But it's been a very long time since they've been around.

[This message has been edited by dobey (edited 09-26-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2011 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

The Southwest Ohio Fiero Owners Association died out a long time ago. Probably close to 10 years now.

EDIT: Or Fiero Club os Southern Ohio. Both names were used at some point I think. But it's been a very long time since they've been around.

Yep. i moved away in 1999, and they had actually helped me to get my fiero running at that time, and that was the last i heard of them.

Not a peep since. It is about time somebody got something going again there because there are a lot of fiero owners in the area.

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2011 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arachnyd:

Another fiero showed up at a car show I went to last week (84 with just over 10k miles... all original... beautiful!), then three fieros showed up last week at a cruise in in Dayton,, and we got talking about trying to meet up at some local events. I saw a few others on this forum who are in the tristate area. If any of you have any interest in meeting up with some of the other fieros in the area, head over to TriStateGMPerformance.com . There is an "event" section. I normally bring my camaro to events, but when there are other fieros coming I'll bring one of my fieros.

TSGMP isn't a club, but is an opportunity to connect to others locally. It is predominately new generation camaros, GTOs, and G8s, but a few other local fieros have expressed interest in coming to future events since there doesnt seem to be any sort of fiero groups in the area (I've been looking for a while so if there is someone tell me!!!) and its geared towards local events and event planning (location based not car based). Its not too late to sign up for a mid-Ohio track day if you want to join us (October 3rd), and we still have a few drag race track days. We also tend to meet up at Lofinos in Dayton, although sometimes we head to Milford. Just thought I'd share! probably not a whole lot left in store this year, but starting next year we'll be back in the swing of things.

Lofinos has a few fieros each week which is pretty neat if anyones in the area, and hopefully we can get more fieros meeting up a few times per year.

Technically, Lofinos is in BeaverCreek, correct?

Anyhow, we have some members down here in the Clinton Co. region you may be able to con..er.. talk into attending.
Jims 84
Ang84Indy
and me (Generally speaking, my best day to do anything is Mondays)

In N. Kentucky/cinci, there is
Fyrebird68
GT-X

We see another 5-6 fieros rolling around here, too.. not sure who they are, if on the forum at all.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 09-26-2011).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2011 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
At one time, there was a group called Bluegrass Fieros. That group consisted of about 50 Fiero owners and about 110 Fieros, not all of them daily drivers but still, it was a good group. I hosted the Bluegrass Fieros Cook Out and Lying Contest at my place for 5 or 6 years. I've had as many as 28 Fieros sitting in my driveway and yard at once, but it got to the point that I couldn't afford to do it without contributions. Needless to say, I can't do it any longer due to my own economic situation but, it was a good time while it lasted. I still have the email list but, not everyone is still active. Therefore, I can say there are a lot of Fiero owners in KY just no active club any longer. We had some good times at Hooters.
------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 09-26-2011).]

88cryan

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2011 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88cryanSend a Private Message to 88cryanDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested in coming to a meet, I live in Centerville, OH.

Kathy who I think was one of the founders of Southwest Ohio Fiero lives here in centerville and has two indys and a fastback daily driver, she is the one who helped me get mine from mike in Troy, Ohio.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2011 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88cryan:

I'd be interested in coming to a meet, I live in Centerville, OH.

Kathy who I think was one of the founders of Southwest Ohio Fiero lives here in centerville and has two indys and a fastback daily driver, she is the one who helped me get mine from mike in Troy, Ohio.

yeah kathy helped me out too, years ago !! Super nice lady.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...040223-1-030757.html

Mike actually worked on my car at the time also. Did not know he was still around and into fieros.

He used to have a bunch of them, does he still ?

Kathy hooked me up with him when i needed my fuel pump replaced.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-26-2011).]

VelociJuris

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2011 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VelociJurisSend a Private Message to VelociJurisDirect Link to This Post
I live in Beavercreek and have had a couple of Fieros at both Lofinos and before at Kmart from time to time. I know of at least 6 Fieros in the Beavercreek area.

Fiero Mike in Huber Heights still has Fiero stuff. The local government has given him grief on the dozen cars on his property so he sold a lot of them out.

[This message has been edited by VelociJuris (edited 09-27-2011).]

Jims 84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2011 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jims 84Send a Private Message to Jims 84Direct Link to This Post
I am interested in meeting sometime as long as it not on a day I have to work.
88cryan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2011 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88cryanSend a Private Message to 88cryanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VelociJuris:

I live in Beavercreek and have had a couple of Fieros at both Lofinos and before at Kmart from time to time. I know of at least 6 Fieros in the Beavercreek area.

Fiero Mike in Huber Heights still has Fiero stuff. The local government has given him grief on the dozen cars on his property so he sold a lot of them out.

Yeah he still has around 14 or so, I bought his only 88 gt, his basement is absolutely filled with parts. He is going to help do the clutch on mine and several tuneup items next spring most likely.

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock