Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  most frequent comment you get on your fiero? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
most frequent comment you get on your fiero? by rambozotheclown
Started on: 07-09-2011 01:30 AM
Replies: 68
Last post by: donnie072003 on 07-18-2011 06:48 AM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
You know the Fire comments remind me of a conversation we had at the Dells this year.

I was talking to Greg (of Tina & Greg fame) The decklid of his car was open.... 2 old timers, they had to be from the Square dance group, came up & one of them made the Fire comment loud enough that Greg & I could hear it. We weren't standing by my car, so I didn't have to listen to that stuff, so I started to turn to walk away. But 1st I said what kind of car do you have? He said he had a '40's something Diamond Reo pickup...... I simply, in a matter of fact voice, said I heard all of those had burned to the ground years ago. The other old timer said "how did you know that his truck burned up last week? LOL

Made my day & a highlight of the weekend

Archie
IP: Logged
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by freedom0226:

wow what kind of car is that....

and yea i knew a guy ....... that knew a guy... that had one in ____ ...

nice car but if the spare tire is in front wheres the engine ... . duhhhhhhhh

X2
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post
When will that thing be running? Courtesy of my wife. LOL
lukemo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lukemoSend a Private Message to lukemoDirect Link to This Post
I've had my Fiero for 2 months and I can't believe how many people have randomly started talking to me about it. It has probably happened once a week since I got it.

Most ask what year it is and how many miles are on it. A couple have said "Didn't those catch fire?" One guy asked "Is that one of the good ones?"

I came out of the store once and the two older guys were standing standing there talking about it. When I walked up they asked me how it ran and if I liked it. One guy at the gas station told me it looked like it was in good shape. I had one guy at a stop light start talking to me through his open window, telling me how much he loves these cars. He was asking me where I got it and if I liked it...

The funniest one was when I first got it, I parked at work and was crossing the parking lot when this girl was driving by. She stopped and started asked me what kind of a car it was. She said all matter of fact, "I don't believe it. By bother had one of those. I'm trippin'. I'm gonna to come back and take a picture of it."
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettDirect Link to This Post
From the younger group I get "That is sick" This is do to the LS3 installed by Archie.

------------------
WARNING: Surgeon General said it's okay to smoke 3800s

pro street dave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pro street daveSend a Private Message to pro street daveDirect Link to This Post
How FAST is it. makes me feel good.
Copper85GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Copper85GTSend a Private Message to Copper85GTDirect Link to This Post
From the wife and kids, "Dad, you know you'll never work on it yet alone put it together and finish it. When can we call the tow truck?"

Gotta love family support!
slayrr40

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slayrr40Send a Private Message to slayrr40Direct Link to This Post
I usually get, you fit in that car!!!
Fiero88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero88GTSend a Private Message to Fiero88GTDirect Link to This Post
i just remembered another i get all the time from people at work and in parking lots
"is that your firebird out there? that things in nice shape what year is it?"
chriswf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chriswfSend a Private Message to chriswfDirect Link to This Post
HAHA I went to several salvage yards trying to get a door for my friend's Mercury Mystique.

4 times in 1 day... ONE DAY, we got the exact word for word quote when we asked salvage yard owners if they had any Fieros
"I haven't seen one of them on the road in like 5 years".

4 times, 1 day. I promise. We only hit up like 7 yards, but the odds that 4/7 people we ask said the same exact thing. On the 4th time they said that, we (my friend and I) finished the sentence with him.
We laughed so hard. The guy looked at us weird. I guess it was 1 of those days for Texas salvage yard owners.
Was hard to believe they all had the same exact choice of words...

[This message has been edited by chriswf (edited 07-11-2011).]

ManMadeChickens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ManMadeChickensSend a Private Message to ManMadeChickensDirect Link to This Post
"Do you know how fast you were going? License, registration, and proof of insurance please."

Not really, but it has happened several times.

Mostly the normal "wow, that's really nice" or "I / so and so had one, it was great. Never should have got rid of it."
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Nieghbor: " I swear that thing looks like a lamborghini "

Other Nieghbor: I love that little car, ,,,,,you enjoy making us jealous don't you !?
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
drove to 711 to get gas to make a datalog, backfired loudly when pulled up to the pump. guy next pump over looked at me and said it smells rich. lol, i was way rich. close to being oprah rich

mike, is it going to be finished yet?
how soon so we can race?

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 07-12-2011).]

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Are you finished yet....?

Smooth

------------------
aka. SmoothGT
NotAFieroAnyLonger
CURRENT BUILD:
" SmoothGT-'w8nc' "

Red87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Red87FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
"You know these catch on fire, right? Thats why they stopped making them."

"You got a Fiero?! My ______ had 7 of those."

"You know there's people out there who stuff V8's in the back of those cars?" (Yeah I do. I want to be one of those people.)

First day of my college shop class the teacher went around the classroom asking each student what kind of car they drove. I told him that i drive an '87 Pontiac Fiero GT. He points his finger at me, smiles, and says, "That's awesome!" (He has an '88 Trans-Am GTA with a 400+ HP 383 stroker, built 700R4, and a GM 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. So he's a little biased towards Pontiac's)

"Look Dad, two Corvettes!" (kid about 8 or 9 said this as I was getting out of my car and my friend was getting out if his dad's '96 C4 Corvette.)

In shop class again, a teacher from a different class came over to me while setting my car up on the lift (properly) and said, "This is a nice car, don't see a lot of them anymore. These could be worth big money someday. And don't let anyone tell you they catch fire, that was only on Iron Dukes, and only in '84."

------------------

Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Red87FieroGT:

In shop class again, a teacher from a different class came over to me while setting my car up on the lift (properly) and said, "This is a nice car, don't see a lot of them anymore. These could be worth big money someday. And don't let anyone tell you they catch fire, that was only on Iron Dukes, and only in '84."

I like that shop teacher.

------------------
Jim Martin
White '86 GT
California

LAMBO

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
I've had three "nice car" comments today from just running around doing errands. I think that's a new high one day total for me. (and it's dirty from recent rain, go figure)
Shill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillDirect Link to This Post
I used to be a mechanic/work for gm when those came out. And did you know that those cars (insert bullshit statement here)
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Direct Link to This Post
I've been to a few shows this year, and I hear a lot of " I had one of those years ago and I'm sorry I got rid of it." Been hearing that a lot more then " Don't they burn up."
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
"Can I have it"?

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
"What do you have in that thing?!?" (Referring to the powertrain )

"How do you fit in there?" (I'm 6'3" 255lbs)

"What is that?"

------------------
'88 GT- 3800 Turbo 11.367@121.03mph
FOR SALE
GM Tuners

PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Kinda a toss up between " Holy $hit " and " You really like to Pi$$ people off, don't you ! "

------------------

Car History: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2011 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post
Litle kids often say "Look dad, I can drive that car! Its just my size!"
BOBBY D

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2011 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DDirect Link to This Post
from my wife.

How much have we spent on it?

and

When is it going to be done?
Snowman_2_u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2011 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Snowman_2_uSend a Private Message to Snowman_2_uDirect Link to This Post
You can drive that car? I'm 6'6" 375lbs.
Are you going to make it a ferrari?
greenfiero1986

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for greenfiero1986Send a Private Message to greenfiero1986Direct Link to This Post
"That's the smallest Firebird I've ever seen!!!" - Random guy at Taco Bell... I just went with it and said Yep.
"I bet that attracts a lot of cops"
"That's a Fiero!! Oh my god your engine's on fire!!" - The day my Fiero spun a rod bearing, I was just like wtf put that fire extinguisher away.
greenfiero1986

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for greenfiero1986Send a Private Message to greenfiero1986Direct Link to This Post

greenfiero1986

161 posts
Member since Feb 2011

Originally posted by greenfiero1986:

"That's the smallest Firebird I've ever seen!!!" - Random guy at Taco Bell... I just went with it and said Yep.
"I bet that attracts a lot of cops"
"That's a Fiero!! Oh my god your engine's on fire!!" - The day my Fiero spun a rod bearing, I was just like wtf put that fire extinguisher away.

Forgot one

"Wow a Fiero?? I used to drive those all the time, now I'm too fat". - Insurance Agent
fieromatty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromattySend a Private Message to fieromattyDirect Link to This Post
"Get the car outta my garage, its making a mess" - Mom.... i take up the garage and she gets outside

"What kinda car is that"

"can i have yo number" - this is what i wish all the laddies would say one can dream right?!
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
Do you stack them in the garage?? LOL
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock