Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero's at Gunnison August 19-21, 2011 (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero's at Gunnison August 19-21, 2011 by rpro
Started on: 06-22-2011 05:14 PM
Replies: 75
Last post by: blakeinspace on 08-24-2011 04:40 PM
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for registering for the 2011 Gunnison Car Show. You’re going to have a great weekend here in the High Country!

If you haven’t made dinner plans for car-show Saturday yet, here’s an event you’ll want to know about. It’s called “A Night on Thunder Road” – celebrating fast cars, great food and fine whiskey. Now that’s an all-American event if there ever was one! The evening starts with a whiskey & moonshine tasting and dinner at Chef Carolyn Riggs’ acclaimed Brick Cellar Bar & Bistro in downtown Gunnison (there’s also a full cash bar for those who don’t savor whiskey & moonshine – even this good stuff!) . After dinner there’s a special screening at the nearby Gunnison Arts Center of the classic 1958 Robert Mitchum film “Thunder Road”. Then it’s back to the Brick Cellar for a Thunder Road afterparty.

Tickets for all this are just $25 per person, $45 for a couple, tasting, dinner and movie included! Seats are very, very limited and should be reserved in advance at http://www.gunnisonartscent...ght-on-thunder-road. Net proceeds benefit the Gunnison Arts Center.

You’ve got to eat dinner somewhere on Saturday and Gunnison has many, many great restaurants. But if you’re up for a special treat, reserve your seats now for “A Night on Thunder Road”.
IP: Logged
Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post
A Night on Thunder Road: Whiskey Tasting – Dinner – Movie.
That works for me, I made reservations today, it looks like they have a very limited number of tickets for this.

7 days to go
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Whisky tasting and muscle cars.... what could possibly go wrong? LOL
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2011 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post
Only 6 days to go and I am so ready to get away for a long weekend.

6 of us have tickets for the Night on Thunder Road Dinner and Show. So we have a full wekend of fun stuff planned.

Kevin and I are driving up from Denver on HWY 285 to HWY 50 we are laeving around 8-9am, most of the others in the area are driving up HWY 50 from Colorado Springs so if anyone wants to drive up with us let us know and we can caravan.
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2011 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
T minus 6 days.......
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2011 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Should have the interior back in the Formual and all ready to go by tomorrow evening! We are trying to leave El Paso Thursday afternoon and make it somewhere North of Alb / Santa Fe area. Here is our propsoed route! We are staying in Monarch at the Lodge. Should be a great scenic drive North of Santa Fe!

Pat
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2011 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Espanola is the last sizeable community beyond Santa Fe. That would take you 2/3rds of the way to Gunnison on Thursday. You want to be sure you arrive in Gunnison by 3:00 or 4:00 PM at the latest on Friday so you can make the cruise-in on main street at 5:00 PM
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2011 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
T minus 5.......
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2011 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Formula is getting close! 4 more "get ups" and we are on our way!
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2011 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Formula is getting close! 4 more "get ups" and we are on our way!

I'm getting fidgety.....ready to leave right now.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2011 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

I'm getting fidgety.....ready to leave right now.

I can be at your house in about 15 minutes.......
PFF
System Bot
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2011 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

I can be at your house in about 15 minutes.......

You may have a bit of a wait.....it will take me 20 minutes to pack.
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2011 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post
I just want to remind everyone that is driving at dusk or dawn to remember to look out for Deer and ELK on the highways. Please be careful driving up.

4 Days to go
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2011 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
T minus 4.......
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2011 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
elk = big
fiero = little
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2011 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
I almost bagged an elk with a Chrysler minivan in Westcliffe, Co around 2002. It was VERY close. Made a believer out of me.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
YUMmmmm.....Elk!

3 More get ups! Got the interior of the Formula nearly done - just waiting on some Fierothomas sunvisors. Car is ready, I am beyond ready!

I may not go home on Sunday!
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

YUMmmmm.....Elk!

3 More get ups! Got the interior of the Formula nearly done - just waiting on some Fierothomas sunvisors. Car is ready, I am beyond ready!

I may not go home on Sunday!

I'm off on Monday
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post
Gunnison information:
If you guys are staying an extra day you should consider going with us on the Black Canyon Boat Tour, the Black Canyon is spectacular I sure you would not regret it, Kevin and have our reservations to go on the Black Canyon boat tour on Sunday at 12:30pm you need to make reservations the info is in the link.
http://www.nps.gov/cure/planyourvisit/boattour.htm

Pictures of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison.
http://www.google.com/searc...N&tab=wi&safe=active

An Awesome Gorge:
"Several western canyons exceed the Black Canyon in overall size", Wallace Hansen wrote after studying the geology of the region for a number of years. "Some are longer, some are deeper, some are narrower, and a few have walls as steep. But no other canyon in North America combines the depth, narrowness, sheerness, and somber countenance of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison". And it is largely because of this unique combination of geologic features that the Black Canyon has been preserved in its wild state.

Canyon Dimensions
Greatest Depth
Warner Point: 2,722 feet (829m)
Chasm View: 1,820 feet (555 m)
Gunnison Point: 1,840 feet (561 m)
Narrowest Width
At the rim (Chasm View): 1,100 feet (335 m)
At the river (The Narrows): 40 feet (12 m)
Total Length of Black Canyon
Total Length: 53 miles (85 km)
Length in National Park: 14 miles (22.5 km)
The River
Average descent over the entire length of canyon: 43 feet/mile (8 m/km)
Greatest decent - Occurs in the park at Chasm View: 240 feet/mile (45 m/km

Geology and information about the canyon.
http://www.nature.nps.gov/g...parks/blca/index.cfm
http://www.black.canyon.national-park.com/info.htm
http://www.nps.gov/blca/naturescience/geology.htm
http://www.cliffshade.com/c...do/black_canyon/#how

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
If my wife did not have to be back at work Monday, we would love to go........
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
A full coat of wax today and then begin packing up. whoo hoo!
PFF
System Bot
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkDirect Link to This Post
Dag gone it! How I wish I could come! Work obligations and first day of school Monday for the kids will keep us from making it. I really wish I could represent the Utah clan, but it will have to be next year. I hope you all have a wonderful time and safe travels to and fro. Take lots of pictures so we can all see what we missed. Good Luck!

------------------
My Fro's...

88 Yellow CJB #182 of 1252 formula
88 Red Duke

Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post
Maybe if she asked real nice they could let her take a extra vacation day? Or you could still go with us and just get a late start home and she could sleep while you drive.

Originally posted by Rick 88:

If my wife did not have to be back at work Monday, we would love to go........

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
T minus 2 days......(actually, we're scheduled for a 2 PM liftoff tomorrow) .
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
One more get up and we are off! Just got to wash the Formula in the AM and I am outta here!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

I'm off on Monday

I meant that I may never come home........ I can only dream!
Letsbuildanexotic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LetsbuildanexoticSend a Private Message to LetsbuildanexoticDirect Link to This Post
Won't be able to make it this year, had a blast last year, the car is in three pieces, but 4.9 going in. Maybe next year, hopefully!

Chris
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
T minus 16 hours until liftoff.....
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
If you guys stop in Alb, hit me up on the cell phone. I work right next to the I-25 and I-40 interchange. I might even let you take the new one out for a spin!
It's 2X as heavy + 2X the HP - 1/2 the fuel mileage = just as much fun as a fiero!

------------------
11 Camaro SS/RS
86 Fiero GT
07 Suburban LT2
09 Avalanche LT3

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
i'm sure i could fly a plane no problem.

[This message has been edited by Carver1 (edited 08-18-2011).]

Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post

Carver1

2843 posts
Member since Nov 2000

[This message has been edited by Carver1 (edited 08-18-2011).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Christine:

Maybe if she asked real nice they could let her take a extra vacation day? Or you could still go with us and just get a late start home and she could sleep while you drive.

It would be nice, but not possible. My wife is the Math Coach for the school. If this event was a week earlier we could have spent more time. She has to go to school this morning. We willl be leaving after lunch time today. Time to make breakfast, and then take care of the last few things before we leave.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 08-18-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2011 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Overnighting in Santa Fe.....should be there Friday afternoon!
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
It was a great weekend, and we were thrilled to meet the Texas and Kansas folks... nice people with killer rides.

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Everyone from El Paso had a blast! It was great meeting all of you from the Mile High Fiero Club, and checking out all the great cars. A special thanks to Christine and Kevin for all the great info on the event, and things to see and do. Gunnison is a very nice town, and the show was worth the trip. We also drove over to Black Canyon. Wow is that a deep gorge! Crested Butte was beautiful, but out of my real estate budget. The roads thru the mountains were made for Fiero's! We are already talking about next year........
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Everyone from El Paso had a blast! It was great meeting all of you from the Mile High Fiero Club, and checking out all the great cars. A special thanks to Christine and Kevin for all the great info on the event, and things to see and do. Gunnison is a very nice town, and the show was worth the trip. We also drove over to Black Canyon. Wow is that a deep gorge! Crested Butte was beautiful, but out of my real estate budget. The roads thru the mountains were made for Fiero's! We are already talking about next year........

We had a great time. Maybe next year we will get talked into entering the cars in the show. But then again, with those roads and that scenery.....
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
not near enough pictures in this thread...

C'mon!... You've got the worlds greatest scenery, and some of the nicest rides on the forum... don't make a neighbor beg!

edit, disregard me... I found Pat's pic thread!... nice photo journal Pat!
linky:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/086732.html

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 08-24-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors