Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Tyler Shipman Show Donations and Door Prizes - Now Open! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
Tyler Shipman Show Donations and Door Prizes - Now Open! by Synthesis
Started on: 03-02-2011 10:16 AM
Replies: 213
Last post by: Vernon8360 on 08-29-2011 09:10 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
The Second Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show
Donations and Door Prizes

Last year’s Tyler Memorial Show was a huge success, with a total of 102 vehicles, 47 of those Fieros, and another three Fieros around town that did not enter.

We raised $1,600 for the Roger Maris Cancer Center Research Division, a very worthy cause.

This year, all entry fees from the show will be benefiting the Tyler Shipman Memorial Scolarship, another very worthy cause. Meant to help college bound Frazee Seniors, it benefits the community directly.

There is a $10.00 entry fee per vehicle at the show, with no limit to how many vehicles you’d like to enter.

For many Fiero owners, making the trip is not feasible, thus, this post…

There has never been anything quite like the Tyler Project in Fiero history, and it will go down in lore in many car communities around the globe as one of the greatest things to happen in automotive history.

Everyone wants to be a part of it, everyone wants to do what they can to help...

Announcing the non-participant car show entry fee!

Your $10.00 buys you a virtual spot at the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show!

That’s right! Be a participant at the show without actually participating!

Your virtual participation entitles you to a chance at one of the fabulous door prizes available (listed below) and the privilege of saying that you helped a great cause.

Note: The non-participant entry does not entitle you to a vehicle spot if you do show up at the show. You must purchase a participant entry, sold separately.

Every $10.00 you donate entitles you to another non-participant entry, and another name in the bucket for the door prizes at the show. (Names will be drawn and awarded after the show at the Shipman's home..)
Need not be present to win a door prize, you only need to be a non-participant on record for the show.

Door Prizes:
All prizes are Fiero specific (with exception of the quilt), and the list is subject to minor changes.
Photos of the prizes will be listed as they are taken.

Grand Prize
Complete Hella 90MM low profile upgrade kit for your Fiero. Total Retail Value: $620 dollars
Includes: Fiero1Fan low profile all steel construction replacement buckets, Hella 90MM Projector low beams (x2), Hella 90MM Reflector high beams (x2), all bulbs and installation hardware, Synthesis’ own Tier 3 Hella headlight harness.

First Prize:
Nellie’s Own Hand Made Fiero Quilt. Total Retail Value: Priceless
Made entirely by Nellie Shipman, this quilt features a black and white checker pattern with red and yellow accents, and a Pegasus in the middle. A beautiful design.

Second Prize:
DIY-Stu’s Inner and Outer Dew Wipe Kit for all year Fieros: Total Retail Value: $220 dollars
Better than OEM quality, these replacement inner and outer dew wipes replace your hardened and cracked 20+ year old wipes. Includes inner wipes, outer wipes, and felt covered window guide tabs.

Third Prize:
Battery Relocation Kit. Total Retail Value $190 dollars
Includes: V8 Archie Fiberglass front mount battery tray, Synthesis’ own 4 Gauge sidepost front mount battery cables. Move your battery in style, everything you need to mount and wire in your front mount battery is included in this kit.

Fourth Prize:
Fiero STS custom built Lamp! No Retail Price, these are always in high demand when Tim makes them. Priceless!
Fiero STS has stepped up to the plate with one of his hand made custom lamps. Made from various car parts with a valve cover as the light shield, these are attention grabbers and conversation pieces, and they work beautifully!
I have always wanted one of these pieces of art, but never had the money on hand to win one during the club auctions... Photos incoming as soon as they are available!
I have higher res images, but these will give you a good idea...

Fifth Prize:
LED Side Marker Kit, both front and rear, either smooth molding or ribbed molding! Winner's Choice!
Danyel has donated a full set of side markers, retail value of $175 dollars to the cause.
These are ready to bolt in and really enhance the looks of any Fiero! Instead of a tiny dot of light in the middle, the entire marker lights up!
A photo of the rounded molding markers:

Sixth Prize:
Full LED Interior Upgrade for all years Fiero from TLG Auto (Oslo on the forum here). Retail value: 178 dollars.

Level 2 Dome Light LED Kit
Level 2 Floor Light LED Kit
Level 2 Trunk Light LED Upgrade
Ash Tray and Auto-Shifter Light LED Upgrade
Third Brake Light LED Upgrade
Under-Hood Light LED Upgrade
License Plate Lights LED Upgrade

Seventh Prize:
InfiniteWill has donated one of his Gen3 GT Trunk gaskets to the cause! Better than OE quality.

3M Corporation has donated a gift box filled with many of their fine products. This is a single prize that includes everything from personal health care items to adhesives to automotive products.

2.5 has donated one of his Fiero Geocoins to the prize bin. Featuring blue with a grey secondary color, and all of the models of the Fiero imprinted on the edge of the coin, this particular coin is special in that it has Tyler's name emblazoned on the front.
2.5 has agreed to donate this as a special prize in the hopes that every year, when the show comes around, the winner of this prize consider donating it again... This particular coin could literally be passed for many many years and have a storied history to it...
Photos incoming.

Rodney Dickman has donated two of his new Aluminum Slave Cylinders, one for the Getrag and one for the Isuzu. Sadly, I can not award these based on your particular needs, but the winners will be posted here, so you can negotiate with someone for it if you'd like.

Various other prizes, including Fiero Store gift certificates, and waiting for input from another vendor or three.

To donate to the show and earn your Non-Participant entry:

Donations are accepted in three forms:

Paypal, Check/Money Order, and Cash

To donate via Paypal, please follow the instructions below:
Send a “Gift” payment to synssins@yahoo.com with the following subject line: Donation to the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Charity Event

Include your Full Name in the Notes of the payment, your mailing address, phone number, and your Pennock’s Fiero Forum Username. If you do not have a Username on the forum, state how you found out about the donation fund.

Check and Money Order donations can be mailed to:

Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show
C/O Christopher Kliewer
3021 Schabacker Court
Apt #1
Menomonie, WI 54751

Please make all checks/money orders payable to Christopher Kliewer. In the Memo field, put down "Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show"

Include a letter in the envelope with the following information:
Your full name, your mailing address, phone number, and your Pennock’s Fiero Forum Username. If you do not have a Username on the forum, state how you found out about the donation fund.

Cash donations can be made in person at any car show that I attend, or if you happen to see me somewhere:
Please do NOT send cash via US Mail.

Again, every $10.00 non-participant entry fee and donation gains you another slip in the bucket.
The drawing will be held after the Second Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show, on July 30th, 2011. Drawing will be held at the Shipman's Home after the show.
Please post any questions you have, and I will do my best to answer them.

Chris Kliewer
Synthesis

Ongoing Donation tracking: This IS a competition folks! Minnesota Law allows door prizes if everyone has a chance to win...
The competition is building... Increase your odds by sending in your donations! Reserve your virtual spot!

$20.00 - Revin
$20.00 - qwikgta
$20.00 - hinesb1890
$10.00 - Robert 2
$20.00 - donnie072003
$150.00 - JohnWPB (He wants that quilt!)
$20.00 - RCR
$40.00 - craigsfiero2007
$25.00 - Falcon_ca (two entries to the show plus five for the cause)
$50.00 - JimmyS
$50.00 - Bill-Cotter
$100.00 - DIY-Stu
$20.00 - klomeomy
$10.00 - pete2m4
$50.00 - Sabooo
$50.00 - cheapindy
$250.00 - doug.s
$100.00 - BlackThunderGT
$50.00 - marc-alan
$100.00 - GrandmaC
$25.00 - stumpkin
$20.00 - TLG Auto c/o Oslo
$40.00 - Wam3
$25.00 - DL10
$20.00 - woodrow50 - Donated by TLG-Auto
$250.00 - 2.5
$120.00 - Vernon8360
$20.00 - njcwgrl
$10.00 - Matt's Mom
$50.00 - Sadie Goad
$20.00 - JFrost
$20.00 - Cash donation at Dells (Need to get name from notebook)
$10.00 - Dave F (cash at Dells)
$40.00 - 2.5's Wife
$20.00 - DLCLK87GT
Total Raised: $1845.00

183 total slips in the bucket!

KEEP IT COMING GUYS/GALS!

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 07-27-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
I'm in!
money sent for great cause!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

I'm in!
money sent for great cause!

You didn't use the subject line or the Notes field.
Need that information.....
Refund sent. Please resubmit with the correct info.
This is for Paypal and documentation purposes.
Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 03-02-2011).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Revin, that one came in with the correct subject.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
weird huh.
you got all the info there and in pm right?

Am I the only one so far???

WooHoo! looks like I am in the winning circle!
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
$20 bucks on the way.

Great cause, i'd do this every year if you guys are up to it.

Rob

------------------

88 Coupe, CJB T-TOP, LS376 and a GT clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAH9yjw6XR0

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Synth PM sent to you

------------------

http://www.tylerstoy.com

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Your $10.00 buys you a virtual spot at the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show!

Excellent idea!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-02-2011).]

hinesb1890

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Direct Link to This Post
$20 on the way... can't wait to get my virtual camp on!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
And the donations are rolling in... Let's double what was raised last year!

We have approximately $1,700 worth of prizes right now..
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
Guess I'm a happy camper now too!
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
You've got a donation! I WANT THAT QUILT!

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

You've got a donation! I WANT THAT QUILT!

Hah! My eyes got big when I saw your donation arrive... I read the thread.. Note the donation update at the bottom of the first post.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
$20 sent to you Synthesis...Good luck to everyone.

Bob
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Thanks RCR!

Archie's Battery Tray just arrived at my door.. Thank you Archie!
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
well I DO want that quilt haha.

Times have been tough with the economy and all, and I really do not donate a lot to charity, so I thought this would help make up for that. I also figure, being I will be there, but not my car, I could at least be one of the ones with the most "virtual spots" to help make up for it

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Sadly, I am exempt from the drawings
But I want a chance at the quilt too. John, donate another 100 bucks, and if you win it, we'll toss a coin.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Sadly, I am exempt from the drawings
But I want a chance at the quilt too. John, donate another 100 bucks, and if you win it, we'll toss a coin.

You know that's a good idea. As long as I get to toss the coin.

Oh, and I get to call it.

After it lands
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post
We are off to a great start. Money Sent!
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post
Money sent

25$

2 spots and 5$ for the cause.

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 |
4.9 ongoing project | Parts for sale

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
First post updated!
I am keeping track of everything in an Excel Spreadsheet.

The Real Name and Address and Phone numbers are only so that if you win something, I can notify you without having to wait four or five days for a PM response, etc.
This way, I can also package and label anything that is won.
The data will be purged after the car show.

Some of the prizes, such as the marker lights will actually be a gift certificate style prize. Since you have a choice of what you can get, ribbed or rounded, a gift certificate seems the easiest choice for that style prize.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 03-02-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Have the kids in the show pull the winners. They'll like that and the adults will not blame anything as being "fixed"

Need a couple Generic vehicle prizes too.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 03-02-2011).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top... Only 149 days til the show! time is running out!!!
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
What no "goodie bags"

Man John, you are making some of us look bad @ $20 j/k
I kinda feel like a heal for NOT going bigger with my donation
nellieship

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

What no "goodie bags"

Man John, you are making some of us look bad @ $20 j/k
I kinda feel like a heal for NOT going bigger with my donation

That's crazy talk - every dollar donated is important. Our ultimate goal is to be able to finance 2 $500 scholarships per year. We were able to do that last year. We already have enough money to do that in May this year. Thanks to you folks, we are well on our way to 2012 being covered too. I can't explain what it felt like last year to hand out those scholarships in honor of Tyler. It's these things like the scholarship and car show that keeps us connected to Tyler and gives us an opportunity to speak publically about our son. We don't want his memory to fade into oblivion.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
$50 sent

I won't be able to attend this year but I hope my donation helps our youth of today. They are our future after all.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

$50 sent

I won't be able to attend this year but I hope my donation helps our youth of today. They are our future after all.

First post updated! Thank you for your contribution!
Bill-Cotter

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill-CotterSend a Private Message to Bill-CotterDirect Link to This Post
I'm in.

Great idea.

Bill.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bill-Cotter:

I'm in.

Great idea.

Bill.

First post updated! Thank you for your contribution!
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:
That's crazy talk - every dollar donated is important. Our ultimate goal is to be able to finance 2 $500 scholarships per year. We were able to do that last year. We already have enough money to do that in May this year. Thanks to you folks, we are well on our way to 2012 being covered too. I can't explain what it felt like last year to hand out those scholarships in honor of Tyler. It's these things like the scholarship and car show that keeps us connected to Tyler and gives us an opportunity to speak publically about our son. We don't want his memory to fade into oblivion.

That was a joke since you missed it.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

That was a joke since you missed it.

She didn't miss it. She just wanted to emphasize that you shouldn't feel like a heel for not ponying up more dough...
Money is tight with people everywhere. I understand that...
So, the following is said tongue in cheek...

The kids can go with a little less food, as this is a great cause.
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
TTT
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Pictures updated..
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

$50 sent

Jimmy, you can ride up with me if you want, I'll make sure to save you a seat just in case....... Oh, I will be bringing my Delta Boeing 767 I know its probably gonna be a pain to find parking for it!

And now people, enough donations already! When I made my donation I had better than a 50/50 chance at the quilt!
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

And now people, enough donations already! When I made my donation I had better than a 50/50 chance at the quilt!

You can have the quilt. I WANT THE HEADLIGHTS!!!!!

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 03-03-2011).]

DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Jimmy take him up on his offer. He'll fly you up FIRST CLASS just like the last passenger he took.

Hope you'll fit under the seat.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 03-03-2011).]

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
I will be in this as soon as I get my paypal fixed!! >.<! I'll try to do it tomorrow.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

Jimmy take him up on his offer. He'll fly you up FIRST CLASS just like the last passenger he took.

Hope you'll fit under the seat.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

I was scrolling down this thread, and saw that picture, and was like what the XXX???? In just milliseconds, I was like how did I accidentally post that here???? It was freaky!! Then I saw YOUR name, and remembered I took that with my phone and MMS's it to ya. Just for that brief time, I was like.... How???.... LOL

Yep, he flew first class with me to Puerto Rico last Tuesday It's my sister in law's dog, and was taking it to her.

I don't think you will fit in that carrier Jimmy, but I bet I could borrow a duffel bag from Hulki
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Spread the word to your Fiero clubs and friends! Let's raise some more!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Totals updated.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave