Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Darn all you Wives out there!!! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Darn all you Wives out there!!! by DIY_Stu
Started on: 01-16-2011 11:29 PM
Replies: 57
Last post by: nosrac on 02-10-2012 05:29 PM
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
So I typed in fiero into crazedlist and found an Indy within distance and within budget. I called a friend who knew the owner to ask on lowest cost since they are friends and even told my wife (BIG MISTAKE). I was sitting here planning it's restoration and figuring what all it would need and found I could finish it in time to take it to Frazee in July....... Then THE WIFE (insert JAWS THEME here) came into the garage and spouted off... Don't you already have a project car? And doesn't the 87GT need some attention too? What about them, Why not finish them FIRST!

DANG YOU WOMEN!!!

So yeah I know of an Indy in 6 of 10 condition and morally cannot get it.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Thus is why I am currently single.
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Ditch the wife, buy the car. Lol

My wife would have said "Really? That's a good deal! When are we picking it up?"

Edit to add: On second thought, I personally think you should ditch the 87' and grab the Indy. Just my .02

[This message has been edited by fieroguy123 (edited 01-16-2011).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Little heated there stu?
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
I would love to ditch the 87, but currently THE WIFE is driving it to work to keep the miles off of our Leased F150 since it's getting close to the mileage limit. The Indy isn't running and I don't know what work it would need to be RUNNING enough to drive. The 87 has proven it's self to keep on going and going with simple maintenance so far. She has a 3000GT that needs Injectors to finish it and I have yet to send them off for cleaning. etc etc etc.

Stu
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

DIY_Stu

2337 posts
Member since Jun 2007
So yeah an indy is sitting out there for $975.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
I'll take it
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Hmmmmmmm, that's a bit of a pickle there Stu.

I really do think you need to find a way to pick it up though, pretty sure you'll be kicking your own arrrssss in the future if you don't.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Sent you a PM with a link to it.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

Sent you a PM with a link to it.

Got your PM.

Man that thing needs a good home! What's up with the wing though? Aftermarket? Or did someone flip it upside down?

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
Have your buddy buy it for you and keep it until you can bring it home. Let him make the deal and be responsible for the payments but you can make them for him or pay your buddy directly. When the car is paid for, bring it home. "Look what became available again! I just couldn't pass it up again!"

Jonathan
PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

Have your buddy buy it for you and keep it until you can bring it home. Let him make the deal and be responsible for the payments but you can make them for him or pay your buddy directly. When the car is paid for, bring it home. "Look what became available again! I just couldn't pass it up again!"

Jonathan

I'm on the same page here. Can't pass up an indy for that... OR ask a trusted local forum Member to keep it at their house till you can get the approval.

OR... tell her to leave your GT alone and you won't have to get another one

Does she know what the importance of an indy is? good time to explain it! If you hit her with logic and she doesn't bite then i'm with the others. No choice but to ditch the wife!
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
The decklid was changed out to an 85 the wing is just laid up there upside down for storing. Yeah wish I could get it but I've been slow on an 88 due to funds so it's getting time to finish my car first. It could be an easy flip... BUT if I got it I know I would keep it.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Buy the Indy!!!!!! Then ask the wife for forgiveness...she'll get over that but that Indy won't stay there forever.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
HA HA!

Somebody just got whipped by his wife!!!

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Uh oh....the short leash!

Comon Stu! The only way to know what it would need to get it running is to get it running!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 01-17-2011).]

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

HA HA!

Oh SNAP!

Truthfully, Stu shouldn't have a smile on his face in that image above...

I never discussed buying a Fiero with anyone. I'd just say "Hey lookie what I bought!"

Isolde

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post
3.8 billion women on this planet, but only 2000 Indys. How is this a difficult choice? :-)
njcwgrl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for njcwgrlSend a Private Message to njcwgrlDirect Link to This Post
You can leave it at my House That's the only other Fiero I want to someday own.

My X husband told me Once..."You cant get a dog " Ha A week later my first collie Bailey came home.

Two years later I wanted to get Bailey a Friend..The *erk said again "No You cant" Guess WHAT ???
Liam my second collie came home...

OH yea I still have my collies..Sadly Bailey passed but,now I have Seamus..And oh yea NO HUSBAND

LMK

------------------
Shannon
88 Fiero "Valhalla"

fierogal123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post
I say very little about how Bobby spends his money. If you're working your butt off you should be able to spend it any way you want. Money comes and goes, but deals like that don't.
Or next time remember it's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission. Haha! Remember a stop at the florist when the car arrives.
fierogal123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post

fierogal123

236 posts
Member since Jul 2010

Originally posted by mattwa:

Thus is why I am currently single.

Yeah, that's the reason.....j/k
PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogal123:

I say very little about how Bobby spends his money. If you're working your butt off you should be able to spend it any way you want. Money comes and goes, but deals like that don't.
Or next time remember it's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission. Haha! Remember a stop at the florist when the car arrives.

See... you heard the woman... Make sure you budget for flowers!
stumpkin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stumpkinSend a Private Message to stumpkinDirect Link to This Post
Go to more car shows (with wife). Take your wife along as she needs to drive one of the cars as you can only drive one at a time and you want to show off both cars. Get your wife involved - She will get the car bug if introduced properly.

Trade off - Get a little involved in one of her activities as well. My wife enjoys going to a few car shows a year & I act like I enjoy all of her music & choir groups (I do enjoy it just not so much of it). Marriage is the art of compromise.

Oh - My wife now drives an 06 Solstice to the shows to park next to the 86 Fiero. That helped a lot in getting her onboard as well.

Go for the Indy; include your wife in a way that she will want it as well. Don’t lie to her (we men always get caught in that) just embellish the truth.

Yes the SPIN STARTS HERE!

------------------
1986 Red s/e 2m6 5-sp, & 2006 Red Solstice 5-sp

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Indy $975....flowers...$50...having the car you want...priecless!!!

New Cost: $1025

Of course that is before the cost of the 3800SC Series II swap that Dean will have to install...and teh Mr Mikes seats should teh seats need them. Then there is the matter of paint, new stripes and stickers...hmmmmm....BUY IT NOW!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 01-17-2011).]

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Ohhhh, snap!
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
This is the main reason why I keep my toys in a separate garage/shop

Sometimes it is easier to ask for forgiveness then permishion...
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Stu can't respond back because his wife broke both of his hands.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-17-2011 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Just wow! The Fiero world can be so incredibly kind, then turn it's back on you in a flash. Use Andy's drawing as a guiding light, and just accept it. (I hurts less. )
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Stu can't respond back because his wife broke both of his hands.

Or the leash isn't long enough

BTW, your comment reminds me of that Stephen king movie Misery...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIbaIrZkRT4
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Well its one of the many reasons at this point in time. I guarantee you having a girlfriend during college (for me anyway) would decrease my ability to study and succeed in my classes. Also, they are just plain annoying at this age.
Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALJR:

Or the leash isn't long enough

BTW, your comment reminds me of that Stephen king movie Misery...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIbaIrZkRT4

If either of these were true, then my above comment would be serious, not just perspective.
PFF
System Bot
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post

HA HA!

Dang, Andy ! Talk about a shot to the gut and then to the nuts. Nice work........kick'em while he's down.
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Happy wife, happy life.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
I just talked to Stu on the phone, but he had to wear a bluetooth, to keep it hands free (since his wife broke his hands). He couldn't talk long, he was overdue for his next round of Morphine, due to the extent of his injuries. I tried to tell him, he should get out of there, before she kills him. But he did the standard beaten husband thing.....he said a few things like, "she didn't mean it", "I fell down the stairs", and "I deserved it".
-
-
-
-
See you in Frazee, Stu. Bring it on.

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 01-17-2011).]

fierogal123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post

I just talked to Stu on the phone, but he had to wear a bluetooth, to keep it hands free (since his wife broke his hands). He couldn't talk long, he was overdue for his next round of Morphine, due to the extent of his injuries. I tried to tell him, he should get out of there, before she kills him. But he did the standard beaten husband thing.....he said a few things like, "she didn't mean it", "I fell down the stairs", and "I deserved it".
-
-
-
-
See you in Frazee, Stu. Bring it on.

I'll bring the popcorn and boxing gloves....hulki vs stewie! EPIC!
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
IBTC
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Sure will see you there.

Wonder if the Shipman's need a new alarm clock for the basement room.

OR

Or a few aligator clips and a bit of wire...
Turn the key... HONK!!!
I think I can come up with some more.... Got plenty of time.

Except in this war.... You're UNARMED!

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 01-18-2011).]

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

DIY_Stu

2337 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

IBTC

No can needed.... We can talk plenty of trash!

Last heard the Indy is going to a good friend, and a safe home... For now...
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Sure will see you there.

LOL love the driveshaft one. I want to do that to a few people now.
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post

Last heard the Indy is going to a good friend, and a safe home... For now...

Dew Tell...

Who the lucky sitter? Cuz ya know I'd help ya with it.

Jim
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock