Started on: 01-06-2011 08:42 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: MstangsBware on 12-05-2011 03:19 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I was messing around in the app store on my new smartphone and found a GPS HUD app! I'll get pics tomorrow night. I used it on the way home tonight and it mirrors so you can reflect it in your windshield. Gives street name, temp, humidity, and GPS speed. Thought it was pretty cool. Looks like this...but turned 90 counterclockwise.

http://www.google.com/imgre...bnid=zdF7mkybjap2eM: &tbnh=153&tbnw=87&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dandroid%2Bgps%2Bhud%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1R2SKPB_enQA390%26biw%3D1345%26bih%3D561%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=218&ei=NXAmTZOKE8aqlAev09GDAg&oei=FHAmTZuFDMGC8gb636zUCg&esq=10&page=1&ndsp=28&ved= 1t:429,r:6,s:0&tx=66&ty=99

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 01-06-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AADrcw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AADrcwSend a Private Message to AADrcwDirect Link to This Post
Great find! Downloading it now to try it out.

------------------
-American Automotive Design-

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
The apps work "ok". The problem is that all safety glass has 2 layers of glass, with the plastic film in between. This gives off a reflection twice, kinda like seeing double, making it kinda hard to read.
Jim_Martin29

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Direct Link to This Post
You need a some kind of thin, mat like OLED display with a matte, non-reflective surface and bluetooth to lay on the dash.

------------------
Jim Martin
White '86 GT
California

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I don't have any double picture in my windshield. Works sweet for me!
James_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James_GTSend a Private Message to James_GTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for sharing that! I gave it a go and it looks great. I do get the double vision thing though but it's no big deal, looks cool nevertheless and is a really cheap and easy way to have a HUD in any car.

------------------
James

RHD 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I use SpeedView on my Droid X.... has 0-60 and quarter mile timers and displays your elevation when in HUD mode.

Lots of features and it is freeware, so that's awesome.
fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for sharing. I just purchased it on my iphone. I will test it today after work. Nice find.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
No probs...and it is free!!!!!!!
shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post
I just downloaded three different versions I'll test them out. I saw an amazing 1.99 app that integrates google maps and directions I'm using an evo with android.
PFF
System Bot
Go Speed Go

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Go Speed GoSend a Private Message to Go Speed GoDirect Link to This Post
That is just cool man, Thanks

------------------

[This message has been edited by Go Speed Go (edited 01-09-2011).]

shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post
so these four work well and are all free

androHUD
GPSHUD
SpeedHUD
SpeedView

all work pretty well i was testing them out of cars at work but the newer wind screens have doudle layers and had a double reflection.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2011 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
I too tried out one of the free Doid apps. I found it fun for a while, but the double view got annoying quick. Fieroking had a good option if anyone wants to use this app.....put a piece of really dark tint on the inside of your windshield. I haven't tried it, but see how that would work. Ahhh, technology...
Celthora87GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTDirect Link to This Post
is there any app like that for a Blackberry??? because i would love something like this!!!

------------------
1987 Black GT with BIG plans

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Wanted to bump this one to the front for anyone that missed it and/or was intested in a HUD. I use this ap all the time. You can check out how acurate your speedo is or as a standard HUD. Sometimes at night I run it without dash lights. And the best part....ITS FREE!!!!!!
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I use SpeedView on my Droid X.... has 0-60 and quarter mile timers and displays your elevation when in HUD mode.

Lots of features and it is freeware, so that's awesome.

I use Speedview also...NIce free App that does quite a few things....

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock