Started on: 01-01-2011 11:37 PM
Replies: 156
Last post by: Genopsyde on 01-13-2012 05:20 AM
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Hang in there, dude. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
A few years back a friend of mine had kidney failure, strokes, and heart attacks (plural) on New Year's Eve (not drinking ... he was at work).
He was out for about 4 days, but he recovered. You got past the initial incident and that's the most critical part.

I hope it's not caused by texting too much.
IP: Logged
Zeb

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post
Wow, Tony. Glad you're back with us. I hope the docs get you sorted out and back on your feet.

On the lighter side, just think of next New Year's Eve. Everyone sitting around discussing the year. You've got the topper.

"So, Tony, what'd you do in 2011?"

"Ummm, I died. But then came back."

Think of the bar bets you can win with THAT!
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Man that post really hits home .... I'm 48 and never had anything go wrong... live today for tomorrow can be so unknown ...my thoughts and prayers are out to ya...take care
your canadian friend
Danyel
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Is it possible for severe pain (from the stone) to cause this? I know of two people who passed out when they went to the bathroom, and didn't realize they had a stone...

Hope they get your heart back into rhythm
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Tony....

I sincerely hope you're feeling better. Who else will piss me off if you're not around?

Get well soon, guy.
hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
In a way,you are lucky ! Suppose this happened when you were alone.Now the doctors know there is something wrong and you can rest assured you won't be allowed to leave them until they figure out your problem.(So you can have a long and happy life)
Dogcreek

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DogcreekSend a Private Message to DogcreekDirect Link to This Post
Holy Smokes!! Glad you are OK... You are in our prayers

Jeff and Karla
Larryh86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTDirect Link to This Post
All the best Tony. The docs are pretty good fixing things once they get ahold of you and figure out what is going on. If you do have to have a defibulator or a pacemaker implanted here is a link to a website that I found to be helpful when my wife had her pacemaker implanted this past March.

http://www.pacemakerclub.co.../1/p/Home/content.do

Larry

[This message has been edited by Larryh86GT (edited 01-02-2011).]

Indiana87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana87GTSend a Private Message to Indiana87GTDirect Link to This Post
Wow, spooky stuff, I'll say a prayer for you my friend!
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
I take a little time off to work and all hell breaks loose. Tony, get better man, I'm praying for ya brother.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post01-02-2011 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
My thoughts are with you and your family.
Stay strong.

Thanx for the heads-up, Rumor.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 01-02-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
My prayers are with you Tony. It always pays to marry up, and this time it saved your life. I'm sure there will be plenty of kisses, for the misses, when you get better. Thanks for the heads up Rumor.

Jim
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Tony, I'm afraid to say it, but you've been going steadily downhill since you sold your '66 Chevelle. Only solution to your current issues is another big block Chevy. That'll get your heart pounding again!

Seriously though, get the hell out of that hospital and back on the road to recovery. Best wishes to you in 2011.
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post
Wow Tony! Glad your still around but man! Get it worked out bro. Talk to Jesus. He can make it alright!
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
I hadn't read this thread yet since I usually just skim the subject lines and if I see something that might require my attention (as an administrator), then I open it.

When I saw your subject line, my initial thought was "someone probably scratched his paint or something like that". Then I saw it hit 2 pages pretty fast which usually means that people are either (virtually) bashing each other's heads in, or something really bad happened.

I never expected it to be that you actually died (for a while)!

So let me add my "Holy Crap!".

Take care of yourself and consider yourself incredibly lucky! Your life will never be the same again. Ever. The fact your (soon to be) wife saved your life changes everything! You are now her biatch!

Seriously man, my thoughts are with you and I really hope you get well soon!
DRA

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post
Listen to the Docs!
I have a difibrillator installed, it's not a bad procedure and it gives some peace of mind knowing its there if you need it.
Rest, let go and try not to stress.

------------------
Dealing with failure is easy: work hard to improve. Success is also easy to handle: you've solved the wrong problem, work hard to improve.

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
What a crappy way to start a new year. Hope you get better soon man!
Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post
My prayers will include you from now on.
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Tony:

You are in my prayers as well. Please keep us all updated.

Nolan
Celthora87GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTDirect Link to This Post
Hope everything turns out okay! praying for you.

------------------
1987 Black GT with BIG plans

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Hang in there Tony! I know you are scared but you are in good hands. Listen to the Doc's and follow instructions. So glad you are still with us. I know it's near impossible but if there is anything I can do......... Just ask!

Pat
PFF
System Bot
ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
There's good and bad here. Bad that it happened, good that you were not alone and now the docs know they need to fix something. In a strange way it's a blessing in disguise so I hope that you get well and live a long and full life.
You've got to admit though that it make for one hell of a story at parties. "I've been dead! beat that!" LOL

Prayers and best wishes for the future.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
I hope you get better soon. I agree that a defibrillator is a good thing to have installed--right next to the ECM!! Good thing you were not alone. Take care of yourself and I hope the New Year is all uphill from here!

Ricky Fiero
njcwgrl

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for njcwgrlSend a Private Message to njcwgrlDirect Link to This Post
I will keep you in my prayers..

------------------
Shannon
88 Fiero "Valhalla"

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
Since you're alive, I can now say this..........Pics or it didn't happen!

Jim
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Hang in there Tony!!! We are praying for you!
Trust one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Trust oneSend a Private Message to Trust oneDirect Link to This Post

WOW !!! Tony so sorry to hear about your Near Death Experience,so thankful that you are in good hands now,keep us posted I still remember the kindness and the words of wisdom you had for me when i needed help for a problem.I will be praying for you.

------------------
Remember to always say i love you to people who matter...

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Tony,
Jeez man very sorry to hear this about you. You can be sure my family and I will be sending prayers your way. I hope they figure out what happened and it is something easily fixable for you. Beleive me I know what it is like to find out you have a life threatening condition. Just been there myself. Really has a way of changing your life and your priorities in a hurry. God bless and take care and thank your wife for all of us for saving a fellow fiero owner... peace

Pete
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
Good grief man, hope they figure out what's wrong.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Hang tough Tony, you stilll got unfinished business here on this rock. Prayers and good thoughts for ya!!
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
Wow.. You are darn lucky your GF was there, and knew what to do.. Good luck!
PFF
System Bot
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
Holy cow!! I was on vacation until today, and made a bunch of posts earlier without seeing this!

Tony hang in there! I'm glad you're still with us. Reminds me of Flatliners. *shudder*
GBglide

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GBglideClick Here to visit GBglide's HomePageSend a Private Message to GBglideDirect Link to This Post
I'll be praying for you, Good Luck!
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergDirect Link to This Post
I hope that things turn out OK for you, Tony Kania.
newin55

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newin55Send a Private Message to newin55Direct Link to This Post
Take care, get well. We will see you next summer.
sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetDirect Link to This Post
Take care of yourself, Tony!

What you describe sounds like this:

http://suddencardiacarrest....rrest_fact_sheet.pdf

You're a very lucky man. Not many people survive this. I heard a comedian who had this happen and when he was thanking the EMT who treated him and got him to the hospital, he said "I guess I was in pretty bad shape, huh?" The EMT said "You were deader than Grover Cleveland".

Neil
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
My thoughts and prayers are with you Tony ..

Rob
wftb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbDirect Link to This Post
the first sympton in 60 % of all heart attacks is death .you are a winner big time and glad you are still with us .
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
Stay calm..........you get another chance............most aren't so lucky. Go slow.........let the docs get a handle on what's going on and let them help you take aim at fixing it........for good! Half of solving ANY problem is knowing what it is. You're a lucky fellow...........dwell on THAT.

Good luck to you and your lady is definately a "keeper"!

HAGO!
Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

I hadn't read this thread yet since I usually just skim the subject lines and if I see something that might require my attention (as an administrator), then I open it.

When I saw your subject line, my initial thought was "someone probably scratched his paint or something like that". Then I saw it hit 2 pages pretty fast which usually means that people are either (virtually) bashing each other's heads in, or something really bad happened.

I never expected it to be that you actually died (for a while)!

So let me add my "Holy Crap!".

Take care of yourself and consider yourself incredibly lucky! Your life will never be the same again. Ever. The fact your (soon to be) wife saved your life changes everything! You are now her biatch!

Seriously man, my thoughts are with you and I really hope you get well soon!

My first thought was something like a stolen car. Didn't even notice who started the thread, until I read the OP.
Tony, keep her if you can. Nothing better than a wife you know you can trust with your life.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock