Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Got an 88 GT T-top with a 3800sc project :-D (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Got an 88 GT T-top with a 3800sc project :-D by Alex4mula
Started on: 08-29-2010 02:02 PM
Replies: 67
Last post by: mrfixit58 on 02-15-2012 01:11 PM
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Still work in progress. Went yesterday to the body shop. All big parts are done. Still need to do the trim and color sand and buff. They said in one more week should be finished. I'm not rushing them. I already completed all the black parts. Can't wait!

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics
IP: Logged
tiretread

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tiretreadSend a Private Message to tiretreadDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a great project and can't wait to see it finished.
PontiacFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacFieroSend a Private Message to PontiacFieroDirect Link to This Post
If you don't mind me asking. How much for the paint job? I have an 86 gt that I need to get painted soon.
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PontiacFiero:

If you don't mind me asking. How much for the paint job? I have an 86 gt that I need to get painted soon.

I think I got a bargain at $1200 but the shop owner (and its employees) liked the car a lot. I got quotes as high as $3800 and I'm sure they would not be any better than this. I took out all black trim items, sails, mirrors, headlight doors and tail lights. Hopefully will be ready next week.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

I think I got a bargain at $1200...

Yes indeed!
I paid $1800 for mine.

I took off all the black parts and wheelwell liners.
Handed him a pile of stuff (window frames, quarter scoops, mirrors, headlight doors, etc.) and said, "paint these too".

He did finish the blend on my whaletail. I ran out of patience and skill about halfway through.
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Alex any finished paint pics yet ??
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Car is finished. Still waiting for replacement of one sail panel that came bad. Currently has the old one. But mainly I haven't had time to take good daylight pictures.
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
Why not submit the pic that you e-mailed me?

If you refuse, than I WILL. So there,
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Love the look of the new wheels!

The white and the gold sure is sharp. I love that type of 5 spoke as well... almost makes me want some similar ones!
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2011 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Well, this is it. Few little things here and there but I can say this one is mostly completed. To me was like an inverted "Overhauling". Foose does it in one week with 52+ people. I did it in 52+ weeks with one person It may not be apparent in the initial pictures but this car needed almost everything touched. Full interior, front compartment, engine compartment, full brakes, door mechanisms, suspension, lights, bearings, A/C and paint. To replace my yellow one it had to be better and it is by far. The 3800sc is a sweet engine and the T-tops are an incredible experience down here in sunny FL. And it is an 88
I found out that white is a very difficult color to photograph so here is the best I have up to now. Thanks a lot to my friend Lou that was always providing help and support during frustrating times and to all those who sold me the little missing parts that I needed to complete it. Now to enjoy it

This is a reminder of how bad it was when I got it;

This is today:

Genopsyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2011 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GenopsydeClick Here to visit Genopsyde's HomePageSend a Private Message to GenopsydeDirect Link to This Post
I think I have a new favorite.

Very well done sir.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2011 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Very well done, indeed!

A worthy replacement for the yellow one (which was always one of my favorites.)
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2011 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Alex,

Another amazing transformation. Can't wait to see this one in person at Daytona !

Wow !
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2011 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Direct Link to This Post
Im just gonna have to stop trying to keep up with you. Wow! Nice.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2011 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Wow, looks amazing!

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project!

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2011 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
That is a good reason to keep the t-top straps.

Nelson
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks all. I really appreciate your nice comments And just in case you were wondering, that black sub box will be upholstered with the same fabric as the trunk so it blends in. Maybe later may do the lower doors with the same too.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
Looks good Alex! When can we get a high-res shot three of your cars next to one another? You're gonna need a new signature.

edit: Forgot that you don't have the yellow one anymore. Thanks exoticse. I would have kept it to have 3 different engine choices to suit my driving mood of the day.

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 12-30-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Looks good Alex! When can we get a high-res shot of all three of your cars next to one another?

Three ?? Didn't know there was a third ??

Unless you are talking about the yellow one,...he sold that one when he got the GT.
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
I wish I could have the three of them. I still miss the yellow one. I wonder if whomever bought it is in the Forum. Still need to re-do the signature.
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Last upgrade coming soon

------------------

Red: TPI V8 + 6-Speed White: 3800SC auto
304rwHP/366rwTQ

PFF
System Bot
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2012 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Magnaflow 14277 with 2.5" pipes;

On car;

What it replaced (came with car);

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2012 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Alex,
Damn man that is a very pretty car. You kinda hosed us all with posting exhaust pics without a cool exhaust video. Hell you need to make a nice walkaround video with the Tee tops off and that bad boy idling showing all your nice interior work and that motor and the sound and everything. Then you need to make another video of it hauling ass and smokin' tires!! Way to go man that car is really beautiful...peace

Pete

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2012 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
It sounds like crap, lol.

Although a little idle video would probably sound ok, the unequal length style with that exhaust will make it sound like goo above 2000 rpms.
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2012 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

It sounds like crap, lol.

Although a little idle video would probably sound ok, the unequal length style with that exhaust will make it sound like goo above 2000 rpms.

I found amazing how everyday you show your true ignorance more and more
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Alex,
Damn man that is a very pretty car. You kinda hosed us all with posting exhaust pics without a cool exhaust video. Hell you need to make a nice walkaround video with the Tee tops off and that bad boy idling showing all your nice interior work and that motor and the sound and everything. Then you need to make another video of it hauling ass and smokin' tires!! Way to go man that car is really beautiful...peace

Pete

Well, here is some parts of your request.

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Alex,
BRAVO man that is just beautiful... I wish I could get you to take my best Friend Frank for a ride in it so he can see what a real nice fiero can feel like. He lives near you in Boynton... We grew up together. I can't wait to get back to Florida and maybe we can cruise fiero's together. You have done an amazing job on that car in a short time period. The finished product is something to be enjoyed by all. Nicely done and thanks for the video, it sounds real nice...peace

Pete
mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2012 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
Alex,

Another great job. Your dedication to detail is amazing.

------------------
Roy

double-click on this link to follow my interior build-up https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/023174.html

Blue 87 GT w/ 4th generation Firebird interior.
Suncoast Fieros

Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 20th Anniversary Show @ Pontiac, Mich - 7/2003
Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 8th Annual Fiero Fun Weekend @ Daytona - 3/2004
Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 9th Annual Fiero Fun Weekend @ Daytona - 3/2005

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock