Alex's Fiero by fiero al
Started on: 07-06-2010 03:54 PM
Replies: 134
Last post by: fiero al on 06-23-2011 01:28 PM
fiero al

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
hello my name is alex and this is my project on my 1986 fiero gt [NOW WITH 3800 SC SWAP]

note: i do not have trans yet so i recalling this post "alex's fiero" intil i get the trans, so i will still post stuff but it will be about upgrades that i have done to my car [this doesn't matter now becuase the name is changed]

by the way, thanks to cliff, the name has been changed to alex's fiero so now my post is correctly tittled. so thanks again cliff for the help.

ADD2: PAGES 4 AND ON ARE GOING TO DEAL WITH MY 3800 SWAP

[This message has been edited by fiero al (edited 06-17-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IROCTAFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIERODirect Link to This Post
.... hi
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
i just recently join the forum so i am some what new at this, at this point im tring to get some pics of my fiero on this page so i will get back later with the pics, by the way, talking about the trans that i am getting which is coming from a friend of mine, who is also a member of the forum [mattwa], will have to wait becuase i have to wait for him to get it out of his car first, which by the way is getting a 4 speed manual from his dads car which in return is getting a 5 speed manual. so for the time being i will be helping them with theirs. if you want you can check up on the progress of matts in his post which is "Mattwa's 3.4/4t60 project".
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post

fiero al

206 posts
Member since Jan 2010
here are some pics of my car

fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post

fiero al

206 posts
Member since Jan 2010
thought one of the pics didn't coem through but i guess it did so forget about this message

[This message has been edited by fiero al (edited 07-07-2010).]

IROCTAFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIERODirect Link to This Post
Nice, clean GT.
Ridgelandbaseball

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RidgelandbaseballSend a Private Message to RidgelandbaseballDirect Link to This Post
Car is nice. Alex is a good guy, a friend of Matt's from two streets down. As he said, I am putting an Isuzu 5 in my car, then Matt is going to put my muncie in his car, then Alex is going to use the 4T60 that is now in Matt's car. Complicated, I know.
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
thanks, i try to keep it as clean as possible, i've been cleaning it up ever since i bought it which was around 2008 from a man in Clombus who specifically worked on fieros [I think he is also on the forums but i can't remember]. this one was keeped in the garage for the time he had it but the owner before him used it to go back and forth to work so it does have some miles on it but they are almost all highway miles. she also took good care of the car. one reason i say this is that when taken to work she would cover the car to protect it from the sun. Thats why, along with it being garage keep for some years, the paint is still in good shape other then some chips in the paint on the nose of the car from small rock from the road hitting it. so now its in my possession and have been cleaning and upgrading it ever since.
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post

fiero al

206 posts
Member since Jan 2010
glad to see that you found my post, sorry about the last reply, like i said im new at this and it takes me some time to type so i'll try to speed up my replies next time

[This message has been edited by fiero al (edited 07-06-2010).]

fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post

fiero al

206 posts
Member since Jan 2010
i meant to ask you but what is the name of the post you have on your car?

fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post

fiero al

206 posts
Member since Jan 2010
i don't know if anyone does this but when i first bought this car, i made a check list of things that needed to be done to ether fix up the car or improve it. the list below is that list. the list contains items that ether needed fixed or replaced. it also tells when it was done or if it is in progress. the one i have is color coded to show what stage each topic is in but for this purpose is alphabetically coded.

A=not started B= in progress C= almost done D= done

List of Things to fix or replace on the fiero

1. Replace battery= [replaced in 2010] {D}

2. Replace sensors= [in progress {started in 2008-?}] {B}

3. Replace vacuum lines= [didn’t replace but cleaned up in 2009] {B}

4. Replace shocks {and anything else dealing with suspension, steering and handling}= [replaced steering damper in 2009. in progress of changing suspension. Changed to original rims and got new tires for those in 2009] {B}

5. Take off gas tank and replace fuel pump= [fuel pump done in January 2009, checked again later in 2010] {D}

6. Replace radio= [done in 2009] {D}

7. Replace speakers {including subwoofer}= [sub replaced in 2009 and other speakers in 2010{all speakers are PYLE brand and are 3 way speakers except the sub] {D}

8. Fix windshield wiper function= [fixed in 2009] {D}

9. Replace turn single lever= [replaced in 2009] {D}

10. Fix gas gauge= [in progress] {B}

11. Clean engine area= [in progress] {B}

12. Find out why trunk gets wet and fix it= [use RTV and sealed trunk which supposedly fix it] {D}

13. Cheek to see if AC work and if not find out why= [found out why and in progress of fixing] {B}

14. Fix bumper= [haven’t started jean must look at it] {A}

15. Get seat covers and steering wheel cover= [got steering wheel cover in 2010.got seat covers in 2010 {July}] {D}

16. Change oil {and any other fluids needed changed}= [changed oil and anti freeze in 2008 around 89,000 miles][changed again around 92000 miles in 2010] {D}

17. Find out why passenger door is not closing right and fix it= [found out why haven’t fixed it yet. Must have Jean look at it] {B}

18. Fix electronic door locking mechanism on passenger door= [has been temp. fixed in {2009}, will fix permanently once door is off] {B}

19. Find out why passenger window moves slowly and fix it= [found out why haven’t fixed yet] {B}

20. Replace any other part that needs to be replaced= [in progress] {B}

21. Paint car= [must have jean do this] {B}

22. Fix timing= [distributor timing fixed in 2009] {D}

23. take off intake manifold and clean inside area= [gaskets replaced and upper and middle manifolds cleaned in 2009. Lower manifold still needs cleaned.] {B}

24. replace gauges with digital gauges= [not sure, still deciding if going to be done, might go with LED light bulbs instead.] {B}

25. remove PCV system= [removed in 2010 because it was putting oil in the intake so replaced it with filters that went in place of it] {D}

26. replace air filter= [replaced with K&N filter in 2009] {D}

27. replace coil= [replaced with MSD coil in 2009] {D}

28. paint valve covers and intake= [will paint when engine is dropped to put trans in and suspension] {A}

29. put 4 speed auto trans in car= [have to wait till matt gets it out of his car] {A}

as time goes on, i add things to the list so i can keep track of everything i do with the car

PFF
System Bot
Ridgelandbaseball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RidgelandbaseballSend a Private Message to RidgelandbaseballDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero al:
i meant to ask you but what is the name of the post you have on your car?

Who are you asking?
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Hey Alex! Nice to see you finally made your own thread. My dad's build thread link:https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/081709.html

I'm sorry that your last in line, I'm not going to drop my cradle again intill my dad's is done first.

That really is a sharp looking Fiero, I'm telling you guys that right now. Those GT tail-lights are PERFECT, not a single crack or scratch and zero delamation. I don't see too many non-sun-roofed fieros, either. Starts instantly. I'm kinda jealous.

Oh, and for #28, I suggest powdercoating. It really doesn't cost that much more, and the finish is a lot more durable. I got my three pieces done in blue for $75 and that includes sand-blasting them.
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
well today i was over at matts house working on his dad's car. what we got done was that we were able to seperate the engine from the cradle. the process of doing this was not to difficult but with it being 90 degrees out side, it made it a little more difficult but other than that everything else was fine.
Capitol City Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroDirect Link to This Post
I have a 4 speed auto 440t4 and love it on a long trip 35 + mpg
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
thats why i want it becuase of it's good gas millage and less rpm at high speeds
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
well i'm home from my trip to my grandparents and have come across a problem with my car. it seems that my alternator is going bad which is hard for me to believe that after a year and a half, the alternator that i replaced in it would die, it was a good remanufactured 94 amp alternator. how i came across this problem was that i heard a howling noise coming from the engine compartment. at first i thought it was a vacuum leak but the computer didn't say anything was wrong but then i noticed that the volt meter was really high, plus the sound seem to come in through my speakers which i found out after turning on and off my radio, so the only thing i could think of was that the alternator's regulator was bad. so i'm just going to get a new one and replace it. hopfully that will fix the problem
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post

fiero al

206 posts
Member since Jan 2010
by the way, i was thinking of a name to call my car and i have and idea but i want to see if anyone can guess it. it was an old cartoon network show[ see pic below]
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post

fiero al

206 posts
Member since Jan 2010
also im not sure if anyone else does this but i have found a great place to put cup holders if you don't want to really modify your car to much. in the center council up by the holder between the seats is a good place to put a set of those window cup holders that you can get at walmart or other stores that might sell these.

fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
well yesterday i was able to replace my alternator with a new one and it seem to fix the problem. no more noise and no more high volt readings. im hoping this one will last longer then the last one.
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
That show is called Max X or something right?
PFF
System Bot
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
well your close, it does start with an M

[This message has been edited by fiero al (edited 07-14-2010).]

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Tell me, is the "ENV" (envy) license tag just what they issued you or was that intentional?

Fantastic looking car, by the way - I'm jealous. My 85 is pretty ugly and -currently- pretty much DOA.

Glad to see something so nice being driven instead of sitting on display
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
that was the first thing i noticed about the license tag was that it said env. i thought it was funny how it said that by the fact that i had an env cellphone at the time. i asked my parents about it, since they were the ones who got it, if they had picked that one or if it was just the one they were giving out. they said it was just the one they were giving out that day. so thats why my license plate reads the way it does. by the way thanks for the complement about my car. like i said before, i do like to keep my car as clean as possible.
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
well yesterday i took a trip to my other grandparents for a vist and a test driver of my car with the new alternator to see if it work and it seem to work good. it had a stable volt reading and no high volts. so with that problem out of the way i can work on other projects i have with this car.
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2010 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
well today i went on a trip to look at a motorcycle that my dad might be getting. on the way there i saw a red fiero park in someones yard. i didn't get any pics of it becuase we didn't stop to look but from what i could tell, it was a 1984 fiero by the front nose bumper. well i might not have pic of the fiero but i do have some pics of my dads motorcycle that he wants.

also today we went to a cook out with some of my parents friends and some other family members. it was held at our friends house and while i was there i notice an old car that was parked in the garage. it's a 57 chevy. it might be hard to see with the pics but from what i could tell it was in good shape.

and thanks again cliff for changing the name of my post for me. it makes more sense now.

[This message has been edited by fiero al (edited 07-17-2010).]

fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
yesterday me, matt and his dad went to the pull a part yard to look for some parts. while i was there i was able to take pics of some of the stuff they had there.

this was one of the fieros that we saw there, it was completely bare to the metal

this was just taken to show how big the lot was. this was just one row. there were three others just like it. they were seperated by vehicle maker

then i found a nissan 300 zx. this was another car i liked other then the fiero becuase my grandfather had one and to me it seemed like a nice car. also the engine in this car was cool looking.

by the way, matt seemed to like the intake from the 300 zx so he bought it and wanted to get it to work on his car but when we got it home we found out something alttle shocking

i though it would look cool if he could get that to stick out of the hood.

back to the pull a parts yard, we had found two other fieros that were in better condition then the other one[ by that i mean that they both had more parts still on them other then the other the fiero].

we came across a 1994 and a 1996 cadillac deville. the reason why we found intrest in these cars is that they had digital gauges in them and we wanted them for our cars. matt got the 96 and i got the 94

me and matt had a fun time tearing apart these two cars [ mostly with a hammer and my foot which was used to kick out the dash]

[This message has been edited by fiero al (edited 07-19-2010).]

fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post

fiero al

206 posts
Member since Jan 2010
i forgot to post this pic but here is the gauges that i got [ matt got simlar ones but his are off a later model then mine]

Ridgelandbaseball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RidgelandbaseballSend a Private Message to RidgelandbaseballDirect Link to This Post
You should have seen these twp guys rip the digital gauge pods out of those caddys. They would make a great demolition crew!
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
woot same headunit as me.
chrismclubm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post
That dash would look great in a Fiero.

------------------
For Fiero Articles, Magazines, and Prototype Photos, visit: http://www.gt.ppdictionary.com

[This message has been edited by chrismclubm (edited 07-20-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrismclubm:

That dash would look great in a Fiero.

Yea, but its going to quite difficult to pull it off wiring wise. I found out there is a ICM (Instrument cluster module) in those cars, and it most likely runs different functions. Also, it only has a "gas gauge" and speedometer, that's it. No tach, no temp guage (just idiot lights). It does have MPG stuff, plus range and gallons of fuel left, a digital climate control (that's going to be fun trying to make that one work.), and an area at the bottom for messages like "Apply brake to Shift", or "Low Fuel", or "Door Open".
I got the Service manual on a CD coming in the mail to me, since I found zip (aka none) diagrams online.
Oh, and Alex, I found out why your cluster has the mechanical PRND321, while mine is digital. 94's had the 4T60E transmission, while the 96+ had the 4T80E. That 4T80E is a HUGE transmission by the way.

..I really want a tach.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 07-21-2010).]

fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
were did you find the wiring diagrams because i need one for mine to see if i can power it up to make sure it works?
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Nice GT. Two more Alex's fieros below

------------------

Red: TPI V8 + 6-Speed Yellow: Nitrous 3.4 + 5 speed
304rwHP/366rwTQ

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
I didn't find them online anywhere, I got them off Ebay. They are coming to me in a CD in the mail.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 07-21-2010).]

fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
well when you get it can i see it to, as i said before i need to find out what powers the gauges to see if it works. by the way if anyones still guessing over the name of that show, its megas xlr. i still think this show was cool. i mean who doesn't like a giant robot with a car as a head.

[This message has been edited by fiero al (edited 07-22-2010).]

fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post

fiero al

206 posts
Member since Jan 2010
i also wanted to ask this question. it will be a little time before i do this but when i go to paint my car, i have two colors in mind that i want to use. it will ether be candy apple red or candy plazma blue. i think ether one would look nice on my car but i can't decide. ether stick with a red color or go with a blue color. below are examples of the colors on a motor cycle [by the way the blue one is the same bike i have and is the reason why i thought the blue would look nice on my car]

heres a better pic of the blue one, the pic above makes the blue look really light when really its some what darker but not to dark. think of hot wheels blue with the matilc in it[this pic is of my bike]

also both colors a metalic based paints so the will shine very well in the sun
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
well im rethinking my plan for the digital gauges for my car. the cadillac gauges seem to be to much work for what is there. also i decided to go with a diffrent set of gauges. the gauges i want are out of a 1987 or 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA. i saw a video on you tube about them and they looked good and seemed like they would fit with little modification. the only problem is that i'm having a hard time finding them online for sale. so i'll have to keep looking for them or find something else. if anyone has ideas or segestions, they would be very helpful. also, here is a pic of the gauges. not a good pic but its shows what im looking for.

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Oh cmon alex, you can't just change your mind like that, you don't see me doing anything like that, do you? We spent so much effort getting those darn things out!
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
ya well as you said yourself. the gauges are limited and i still don't have a wiring diagram to wire it. plus im not sure how i would put it into the car. besides the one that comes out of the trans am looks better and has a better chance of fitting and wiring up. it also has all the gauges i want.
now looking at the pic of the dash again, i kinda like the idea of putting the whole trans dash in and swaping out the fiero one.

[This message has been edited by fiero al (edited 09-30-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock