Started on: 06-20-2010 03:38 AM
Replies: 82
Last post by: Austrian Import on 09-23-2011 04:49 PM
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

You are a dick. Your the reason people hate Californians. You have 3 different people who worked on the car say it was not a DD. Now your going to try to back that up?. Your either stupid or nuts. Then I make a simple statement and you go all "teenage girl drama club" on me. Its obvious you are a crook, a liar and just a general D bag. You let 2 guys drive through the friggen desert in a car filled with DITCH water. That aint right.

This.
IP: Logged
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

This.

????
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
That would be me agreeing with what you said.
shuribob

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shuribobSend a Private Message to shuribobDirect Link to This Post
First, congratulations on being able to street fix this thing and get yourselves home. Second, what a wonderful tale you'll be telling for the rest of your lives. Lastly, some lessons in life cost more then others. The age old lesson of buyer beware seems to have been reinforced for us all. No one knows for sure what all the details of this thing really are except the two people involved. Hopefully they both can ultimately come to terms with what those details are/were and move on. And for the record I don't hate people from California.......
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Really, he did all that for you? What did he do for Mark? lol.

... I guess I should change Kat's rating back to a positive... ( I keed, I keed)

Hey Pat... you and Friz got nudged green by me... sorry I never caught you guys sooner.
(I hate it when I pick up a rating and I don't know who, where, or why!)
((edit... already had the Frak-man))

Hey Blake, I'd do the same for you as long as you leave Mark at home - J/K .......... Or am I? C'mon Mark, you know I'm just messing with you.

My 18 year old got a big kick out of all the story telling that went on. He even gave up a trip to the sand dunes for some teenage fun and games so he could hang out with the crazy guys from North Texas!
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:
Hey Blake, I'd do the same for you as long as you leave Mark at home...

man o man... I feel the love

My 18 year old got a big kick out of all the story telling that went on. He even gave up a trip to the sand dunes for some teenage fun and games so he could hang out with the crazy guys from North Texas!

Im glad someone likes Automark story time! But... I think its just cause you didnt let him... I mean who would really wanta hang out with yall 3! ha! Me, I can see that though, my car is gold, I tell great on the edge of your seat stories, and can throttle blip!
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

AutoMark

496 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by blakeinspace:
... I guess I should change Kat's rating back to a positive... ( I keed, I keed)

Hey Pat... you and Friz got nudged green by me... sorry I never caught you guys sooner.
(I hate it when I pick up a rating and I don't know who, where, or why!)
((edit... already had the Frak-man))

Well... i'd rate, BUT know one ever rates me so.... hahahahahaha man! Im funny!!!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

YOU show up and tag team me with Automark while going over the car with a fine tooth comb, INCLUDING checking the title with the VIN number on the windshield.

THIS was NOT a show of fun - this was insulting and the dis-respect you had been giving me all along. Did you think i was gonna give you a car that i didn't have the title for ?!

All the other kwrap notwithstanding...
How is this offensive to you?!
Checking the title against the VIN plate is a MUST! Ever heard of a typo?
Even if there was no ill intent, titles get mis-typed. If there's a typo, better to let the seller deal with it while it's still in their name. If I were buying a car, that's one can of worms that I really wouldn't want to have to deal with.
If I'm buying a car, you can bet your sweet azz that I'm checking the title against the VIN plate. Anybody who doesn't is a fool.

As for all the rest?
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/071548.html

I'm thinking I see a pattern. Nice job.

Edit - Kudos to Mark and MStangs for getting this thing home in one piece, without so much as a call to AAA.
Nevermind escaping having their sun-bleached skeletal remains being found in the desert after having been picked clean by the buzzards.

Paul, I'd be a lot more pissed than these guys. I think they're going easy on you.
Just MHO, of course.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 06-21-2010).]

DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Paul is the statement that it's got 120 on it mean it has been driven a lot or not? Seriously was that 120miles in one day? two 60 mile trips, three 40, five 24's, six 20's, ten 20's or twenty 10's? Believe me I can easily put 120 Miles on a car in a test drive.

Your statement of underlining straight through...... Think about it's definition. Some people don't... You might. Ok you think you got it's meaning? Well you're still wrong. Driving straight through means team driving. Trying not to stop to make good time. The only definition you are REACHING FOR is "Driving Flat Out" That would mean hauling ass, in a hurry,

You mention replacing the alternator, The radiator fan, ignition coil etc.
Alternator: Sorry man that was the A/C making that noise not the Alternator. Poor Mechanic.
Ignition Coil: Should have checked the plugs first, they were the real problem that most likely killed the coil. Poor Mechanic.
Radiator Fan: Should have checked the coolant, Fan worked fine. Poor Mechanic.
Poor Mechanic = Poor Owner for shelling out money for incorrect repairs.

Had the car even been smogged since that engine was put in it? If yes Did you pay extra for it? Get it in SF? Go at closing time? Or peel it off a different car? When you top off the Fluids ever occur to you that coolant should be green not Mud?

So all in all yes you still wronged them in the transaction, BIG TIME. If that car was a daily driver to you and properly maintained to you, I feel honored to say you may as well sell the 3800 car since it won't last you long at all. 3800 Motors especially SC motors also need servicing at regular intervals.
-----------------------

And your next post.
Fun for you? Sure you could have had all the fun you wanted! You could have met them half way. I'm sure with a car in that condition you could have not over driven the car's capabilities.

Sorry you had to drive in traffic to meet them. I'll be the first to apologize to you, but was the traffic in front of you or behind you?

How is doing a pre-flight check an insult? I'm just curious. If it is an insult Don't be a mechanic. Hell don't do anything that has physical results, it all gets checked. Hell don't fly. Cause if a pre-flight check is an insult to you then what's done to a plane just before you get on would damn right piss you off.

Now I really feel bad for Stephen after I replied to your PM's to me asking about the Dew wipes and A/C service. Cause Really it was none of your business. It was a deal between Me and Stephen. NOT YOU. Sure sure it was for your future car right. Well next time you pull cash from your bank to pay for something be sure to think about the person you're paying calling your bank and asking questions about you. Is it their business what deal you have between you and your bank? NOPE.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I have always checked the VIN numbers on any car I have purchased against the one on the title. It's just GOOD practice. Its easier to correct an error at that time than 1400 miles away.

I see no problem with this.

Any one who didn't check the oil, tires, coolant etc on a vehicle before driving off on a 1400 mile trip would a lunatic.

I see no problem with this either.

As these problems did exist, and you did not disclose them to these two guys,when you knew where they were headed, then you are lacking in moral fiber.

I don't have a stake in this, but I do have the right to voice my opinion. Pat withdrew his comments. He is a gentleman. I won't.

I see no problem with this either.

Joe Crawford
TEXAS

Edited to correct poor spelling

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 06-21-2010).]

Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Why...Is there something wrong with the 3.4 in the chop? You told me it only had 8K on it but now you are saying you hope no one buys it? Is there something you failed to tell me about it also? Please explain yourself on this one....

Still waiting on an answer for this, Paul.......
Either you are just a weak minded troll, trying make someone else look bad, or you just trapped yourself in another lie.
Which is it???
PFF
System Bot
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
For some reason a single word keeps coming to mind when I read the posts here. Most of you won't understand but most of Tex will.
"Jarod"

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 06-22-2010).]

SMTHGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Oh, I just figured out what the JK in PAULJK stands for.... "junk"... It means PAUL drives JUNK (15 minutes at a time)... Well, NOW Paul drives anywhere he wants to THANKS TO STEPHEN...

[This message has been edited by SMTHGT (edited 06-22-2010).]

AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post
gotta love that theres no reply.... that is other than an edit....
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post

Maybe he finally took some advice?

/thread?
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carver1:

Maybe he finally took some advice?

/thread?

You mean the advice of cliffjumping into the Pacific Ocean w/ his Fiero chained around his neck..??
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

/thread?

huh?
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoMark:

huh?

back to the original topic?
or carry on. I'm enjoying it!
Been waiting awhile to see how he would react when all this came out.

[This message has been edited by Carver1 (edited 06-23-2010).]

AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

back to the original topic?
or carry on. I'm enjoying it!
Been waiting awhile to see how he would react when all this came out.

um... ok... ya... sure... no... maybe... im just CONFUSSED! lol
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post

um... ok... ya... sure... no... maybe... im just CONFUSSED! lol

join the club!
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

join the club!

dang it! let me out of your bubble!!! olo, wait, i mean lol
PFF
System Bot
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:
You mean the advice of cliffjumping into the Pacific Ocean w/ his Fiero chained around his neck..??

um... its still a Fiero (with a 3800!).... why do we have to hurt it?
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
ummm... ok, replace the Fiero w/ ummm... a bag on his head..??
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Where did he go..??
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

SMTHGT

1075 posts
Member since Mar 2010

Where did he go..??

Stupid question Smoothy... NOW, he has a Fiero that he can drive more than 10 miles, he is probably not home....
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

Where did he go..??

lol I wondered same thing... //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/081544.html
maybe???

[This message has been edited by AutoMark (edited 06-28-2010).]

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

lol I wondered same thing... //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/081544.html
maybe???

YEAH... way ahead of you...lmao See my post and what time I posted it... I figure my post there will envoke a response... <-----ME
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post
So... posted more pics.... They had to be done @ FQuick.com... Im theautomark over there.
link, http://www.fquick.com/garag...lbumid=4&carid=30905
Enjoy!

[This message has been edited by AutoMark (edited 07-03-2010).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

So... posted two more pics.... They had to be done @ FQuick.com... Im theautomark over there.
link, http://www.fquick.com/garag...lbumid=4&carid=30905
Enjoy!

Man--you can only post pictures of me from my good side.....
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

Man--you can only post pictures of me from my good side.....

There is such a side? I mean i'd never be able to post one then! hahahahahahahah IM FUNNY!
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Just to have a happey ending to this Thread.....The "DD" Formula I got in trade is now on the road again being used as an actual DD with no issues. I just got the an AC compressor in today so it will be going on this weekend and the car will have A/C again. Not a bad car once all the neglected issues where fixed with it and it was cleaned up from all the black smut that looks to have been collecting on it for sometime. Next on the list is to replace the shocks/struts and then get is alighned....Will add some pictures tomorrow of what it looks like cleaned up with some aftermarket 16s on it.....

PFF
System Bot
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
One question!

When does it get a 3800?

Glad to hear it is turning into a good car.

Pat

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

One question!

When does it get a 3800?

Glad to hear it is turning into a good car.

Pat

Well I am going to put it up for sale so will proablly never get a 3800. But if it does not sell for what I want and I can keep it around then I might start building a 3800 for it....

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2010 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Well not a suprise but was hoping for a better turnout..>Went to pull original plugs out the back side the other day and it wasn't happening so I decided for now to leave them alone as it runs well. Swapped in a good AC compressor yesterday with ease being there was only the bottom bolt holding it on along with the bolt for the back plate but all 3 bolts that hold the back plate to the compressor where gone. Went to fire it up for a test run and noticed it was running rough with a misfire so I start double checking but everything looked fine. Then I noticed the boot on the one plug I tried to swap out was somewhat melted which lead me to finding that the plug had cracked when I was tring to remove it. So I attmepted to get it out and the plug busted and left the threads in the hole. So I decided with this issue and the manifold cracked on the back side it had to be done. I started disconnecting everything last night and will be dropping the motor out today to correct the issues. After this the car should be 100% and ready for the road again but will see when the time comes....One thing I did find when under the car is it looks like the car has the original AC fuel filter on it so that will get changed out also....And I found something interesting in the Pass side cooling pipe when I was draining the coolant....it looks like long metal shavings stuck in the coolant line..will post pictures when I take them.....
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2010 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

Swapped in a good AC compressor yesterday with ease being there was only the bottom bolt holding it on along with the bolt for the back plate but all 3 bolts that hold the back plate to the compressor where gone....

....One thing I did find when under the car is it looks like the car has the original AC fuel filter on it so that will get changed out also....

...And I found something interesting in the Pass side cooling pipe when I was draining the coolant....it looks like long metal shavings stuck in the coolant line..will post pictures when I take them.....

Again... if you were a real mechanic, you would have found this!

But really... A daily driver will lose bolts, cause its driven daily...
and it doesnt need filter changed...cause, um, um, YA, its always got gas going through it... right???
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2010 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Again... if you were a real mechanic, you would have found this!

But really... A daily driver will lose bolts, cause its driven daily...
and it doesnt need filter changed...cause, um, um, YA, its always got gas going through it... right???

Yeah right...>was going to try to get it all down buy dropping the back half only but what the hell....To much bending over that way and with it only taking an hour to drop the cradle it makes more since.....Going to try to have it all fixed and back together with AC for the BBQ coming up.....
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Well not a suprise but was hoping for a better turnout..>Went to pull original plugs out the back side the other day and it wasn't happening so I decided for now to leave them alone as it runs well. Swapped in a good AC compressor yesterday with ease being there was only the bottom bolt holding it on along with the bolt for the back plate but all 3 bolts that hold the back plate to the compressor where gone. Went to fire it up for a test run and noticed it was running rough with a misfire so I start double checking but everything looked fine. Then I noticed the boot on the one plug I tried to swap out was somewhat melted which lead me to finding that the plug had cracked when I was tring to remove it. So I attmepted to get it out and the plug busted and left the threads in the hole. So I decided with this issue and the manifold cracked on the back side it had to be done. I started disconnecting everything last night and will be dropping the motor out today to correct the issues. After this the car should be 100% and ready for the road again but will see when the time comes....One thing I did find when under the car is it looks like the car has the original AC fuel filter on it so that will get changed out also....And I found something interesting in the Pass side cooling pipe when I was draining the coolant....it looks like long metal shavings stuck in the coolant line..will post pictures when I take them.....

Well a little update on this poor mis treated car....got the motor dropped out and the other 2 plugs busted off in the head. Let then soak in PB for a few days and took a ease out to them with sucess. Pulled the firewall manifold off since it was cracked to find it was in two pieces so that was corrected also while out. Looked over everything while the motor/trans was out and everything else looked good. The car is now back on the road running great with no exhaust and will be getting an AC charge this week. It has been a hazzle with this DD car but it is all turning out well in the end.....
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Just a list of things that had to be done to make the car a nice DD(well what I call a DD):
New water pump
Thermostat--drilled
Coolant flush then new coolant
Swapped in proper radiator with hoses
New plugs/wires/cap/rotor
New fuel filter
Replaced AC compressor with used unit
New AC Belt
New Orfice tube

The plugs/manifold involved dropping the cradle to get them out being the plugs where the original 88 plugs and the manifold is just easier to get to. When dropping the cradle I found that the fuel filter was the original AC Delco unit so it was swapped out. The car is now running better than ever with a ice cold AC and getting 23-25 MPG being used as a DD until it sells.

I sure hope that the car I built in exchange for this one is being better taken car of. It would be a shame to see a nice 3800SC swapped 86GT goes to waste like this one did.

Did I mention this car was FOR SALE!!!
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
bump for you Stephen for the sale.

------------------
Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L-V8
SmoothGT-II

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2011 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Poe,
Do you still have this car?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock