Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  (Besides the Fiero) What is the most exotic car you ever driven? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
(Besides the Fiero) What is the most exotic car you ever driven? by kevin
Started on: 06-04-2010 01:32 AM
Replies: 135
Last post by: weloveour86se on 10-23-2011 09:08 AM
Philero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroDirect Link to This Post
Ferrari 308 is the best I did...

Topher... I am SO JEALOUS... Jag XJ220

Edit: Yeeeehaw, page 2 ownage!

------------------
Phil
Always trying to create something new!
'88 SE
'86 GT
'87 GT Extreme body mod and 2.8L Turbo Propane powered (in the garage and getting closer to being completed)

[This message has been edited by Philero (edited 06-04-2010).]

IP: Logged
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
I might take a drive in a twin turbo Lamborghini Gallardo soon.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.53@126.7

Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post
Personally I guess it was a Prowler.
My older brother drove a viper when there was only 16 in existence. By the way Caroll Shelby was sitting in the passenger seat,
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Firehawks
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Having spent more than 30 years in automotive engineering, I've driven a bunch. One that does stand out in my mind from the mid 80's was a "Prototype" Turbo Volkswagen GTI 16 valve with intercooler. I drove the car at Volkswagen's Proving Ground (Phoenix International Raceway), the car was incredibly fast (easy 10 second 1/4), exceptional top speed, and cornered like crazy (had adjustable Koni's at all 4 corners, beefier front/rear sway bars, etc. It was deemed to be too fast, and required above average abilities to control it, so it was never put into production. The car was a riot to drive, and you could "read" the car in corners with little trouble (yep it had the rear inside tire off the ground when corning hard, looks freaky but the car still stuck like glue). You really had to be on your toes to manage torque steer with each gear change.

edit to add: My yellow GT beats all the cars I've been exposed to for pure pleasure, edge of the seat driving, and overall experience of ownership.

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 06-05-2010).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Lotus Europa. Cornered more like a slot car than anything I have ever driven.
(Strangely enough, the car that reminded me most of it, in terms of handling, was an '85 MR2, back when they were new.)

'10 Challenger R/T. 5.7 Hemi. 6 speed. Full SRT suspension. (Doesn't really count as "exotic", but WTH...)
Brutish, quick, and quite nimble for a 4100lb. car.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 06-05-2010).]

billpapps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for billpappsSend a Private Message to billpappsDirect Link to This Post
Working with a friend that builds cars. A lot of his cars ends up at SEMA. I think the one that stands out the most was the new GT40
I didn't want to take it back.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Pantera Detomoso only "Exotic" car I have ever driven but I have had a few pretty fast beaters:
53 Morris Minor - altered 10 second dragster
70 Merc Cyclone - 429 CJ, 4 spd #221 of 771 made.
69 Hemi Dart with Alston Tube Chassis
Hemi T Bucket
66 Cuda with a 440 six packe/4spd
69 442 with a 455 pro built by Steinmets Olds Racing
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
De Tomaso Pantera....I don't remember what year it was. I worked at a repair shop, and it belonged to a customer of ours. He wanted us to deliver it to his business when we were done with it, and my boss threw me the keys. I loved that car! Not really exotics, but I've owned both a '67 and '70 Shelby GT350, and a 70 Boss 302...not exactly slouches, either.
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
It's not exotic, but it is fast and expensive. 2010 Corvette ZR1. I work at a Chevy dealership.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
2005ish Audi TT Turbo AWD with 6-speed manual
PFF
System Bot
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

It's not exotic, but it is fast and expensive. 2010 Corvette ZR1. I work at a Chevy dealership.

I think it would qualify as exotic .. it can run and beat most other exotics out there ..But then again I consider the first zr1 exotic as well and it was for the time ..

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Erik

5625 posts
Member since Jul 2002
A question..would you consider a Fiero like TroyBoys, West Coast Fieros turboed ITB N^ or a few others that have pushed the Fiero envelope to the extreme exotic?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Ive done a lot of work for high end dealers and owners on all makes. Prob easier to name ones I havent driven. Vector, Verion, F50, Enzo, Lambos newer than Diablo, at least those available in the US. Prob quickest one was a twin turbo Corvette , I forget if it was a Lingenfelder or Greenwood. I two toned a ground effects package on it.

------------------

Owner / Operator Custom Paint and Body...
specializing in Corvette & Higher End Autos for 45 years
Ferrari, Mercedes and Porsche Body Repair Approved

toys: '66 custom Dodge 'Super Bee'
power by 413 SuperStock V8
2008 Mustang Bullet Edition
1977 Cessna 172XP Hawk HiPerf

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

I think it would qualify as exotic .. it can run and beat most other exotics out there ..But then again I consider the first zr1 exotic as well and it was for the time ..

I actually agree with you. However, we have has some "exotic car" owners that would not stand a chance against a ZR1 come in and say "It's nice.....for a Corvette". I just bit my lip.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
Rode in or drove

Callaway Twin Turbo Vette.

Countach

Carrera

Shelby 500KR

700 HP Superrcharged Vette

AWD 650 HP Lingenfleter 32 Ford

Howe Chassie Stock cars Monte Carlo and Chevelle

All types of Pontiacs. I have driven all years but 2 of GTO. SD TA, RA 3 and 4 cars, Tripower etc .

Sunbeam Alpine

Rolls

Rode in a GXP prostock car in a paking lot holding on to the cage.

1978 Trans Am with a turbo kit

XJS Jag

Maserati Bi turbo

Austin Healy

69 1/2 Roadrunner

Spyker

Z06

CTS V

There are more odd cars I have driven or been in, I just happen to know a lot of car people and work in the performance buisness so rides and drive come along and I take every one I can get.

I also have gotten to sit in many famous race cars over the years. From John Greenwoods BFG L88 Vette to the Spirit of America Sonic 1 jet car with many indy and Nascars inbetween.

Only regret is I once missed driving one of Earnhardts Goodwrench Cup cars. They needed it moved at a GM event and my friend was in charge. He looked for me but I had left 20 min earlier. He was going to let me drive the race car to the other side of the plant to the transporter and the Monte Carlo Show car prototype from 2000. It killed me when he told me later.

Also I have sat in a Ferrari but never have had the chance to ride or drive in one.

My advice if you are given a chance at a ride or drive take it as sometimes it never comes around again.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 06-05-2010).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

I actually agree with you. However, we have has some "exotic car" owners that would not stand a chance against a ZR1 come in and say "It's nice.....for a Corvette". I just bit my lip.

UPDATE, One of my customers just came by with a 71 Baldwin Motion 454 4-speed Corvette. The real deal not a clone. What an brutal machine! The new ones are fantastic, but they just don't "feel" like the old muscle cars. The torque in this car cannot be described accurately.......
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

maybe this owner of a Carrera GT feels the same way
http://www.streetfire.net/v...t-kuwait2_741395.htm
fierogt28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post

I seen one of these in the dealership cleaning bay. Its probably one of the most stunning cars I've seen in my life.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, loaded, 5-speed

La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post
My favorite was when I drove a Ferrari Testarosa (track day car) with open exhaust. Personally nothing has sounded better than that flat 12.
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I have driven a Viper and got to ride in a Panoz AIV.
PFF
System Bot
fierofury

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofurySend a Private Message to fierofuryDirect Link to This Post
Sadly only a Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4.
zigaroo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooDirect Link to This Post
A C-17 Globemaster III. Don't know anyone with an exotic, but I figured a giant cargo plane would be outlandish enough.
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaDirect Link to This Post
Not exactly exotic, but I owned a 76 Porshe 911........more money pit than exotic. Rode in a co-workers Triumph TR-6....vintage yes, exotic...naa. I may be the only idiot in America who owned and drove a Renault Alliance GTA. Definatelly not exotic, but handled like a slot car and would smoke the rubber right off the tires.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

I used to sell GMH and thought everything there did not quailify including GTO grange etc as exotic. Some used porsche i think is more exotic than the latest fastest 6 litre HSV.
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-05-2010 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
ok... ill try to keep the list on the short side as i build full tube chassis track cars and pro monster trucks for a living. ferrari 308 gtb early fiberglass car=lighter, ferrari 288 gto, porsche 930 turbo, porsche 951 turbo, porsche 965 turbo, porsche 911/964 rs america, porsche 993 carrera turbo s, porsche 997 carrera twin turbo, numerous porsche track cars too many to list, factory porsche race car at 240mph speeds, real lamborghini countach back in its hayday, real shelby cobra 427, mustang shelby gt500, mustang boss 429, mustang boss 302, real yenko 69 camaro bbc, 2009 z06 ls7 corvette, my wifes 2007 silverado SS supercharged truck, so on and so on.... and my favorite is my pro mtra/ushra monster truck with 1400hp and 4 wheel drive lol mike in oklahoma
Terry_w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post
How exotic is a guided missile destroyer I drove the USS Parsons DDG33 when I was in the Navy.
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Terry_w:

How exotic is a guided missile destroyer I drove the USS Parsons DDG33 when I was in the Navy.

I do believe that qualifies!

weaselbeak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post
Drove a co-workers Lotus Europa back in the early 70's, can't recall what year it was. Test drove a Pantera, test drove a DeLorean. My favorite ride was in a 63 split window Vette. Close second for me was the Opel GT mini-vette. I should have bought that one.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:
maybe this owner of a Carrera GT feels the same way
http://www.streetfire.net/v...t-kuwait2_741395.htm

Heheheheh.

Buh-bye...

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 06-06-2010).]

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Fellas,

I am impressed on the variety of car's you guys either owned or driven. I think it is about time for me to chime in to get your thoughts:

In no particular order I have driven:
a '73 Pantera
a '85 DeLorean
a '05 Honda S2000
a '07 Porsche Boxter
a '87 Rolls Royce
a '85 twin turbo whale-tail Porsche
a '69 Plymouth Gtx
a '95 Mustang GT 5-sp convertible (exotic? it dependes)
a 2007 Bentey Azure convertible
a 2003 BMW Z8 convertible
I sat in two different Vectors, at two different times at over a 18 year time frame
a '66 Mustang GT 4-sp
a '66 Corvette 4 speed (this is the car my dad tought me how to drive a stick)
a '85 Ferrari Mondial
I sat in a 79 Ferrari Dino
a '86 308 Ferrari
a '07 Spyker (fast car)
a '66 427 Cobra. I was not able to drive it, as I am too lanky
a '08 Corvette 6-speed
a '80 Porsche SC
a 2008 Audi TT 5-speed
I sat in a '08 Saleen S7
I sat in a '69 Ferrari Daytona
I sat in a '73 Ferrari 4 door 4 passanger automatic ( I can't remember Ferrari's designation at the moment?)
I have also driven in numerous Jaguars, Firebirds, & other assorted BMW's, Sciroco's, Alfa's.

I think I could go on, what do you think?

Cordially,
Kevin

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 06-07-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post

kevin

2722 posts
Member since Jan 2000
bump
DavePatron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DavePatronClick Here to visit DavePatron's HomePageSend a Private Message to DavePatronDirect Link to This Post
Mclaren F1
Ferrari Maranello
VVT Diablo

------------------
Just got a 88 Formula! Got parts? i need suspension parts! hit me up!

want a real upgrade?
Lamborghini Kit Cars Fiero and Kit car Insurance
Obama's Health Plan? Are we doomed?

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
The real cobra's and copies suck if your over about 5ft 8in tall and have big feet. The 427 also baked you feet and legs due to header routing.
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

The real cobra's and copies suck if your over about 5ft 8in tall and have big feet. The 427 also baked you feet and legs due to header routing.

You're correct California Kid, I am just a tad over 6' 2" and have a 11.5 inch "ski", therefore I could not drive the Cobra in question If I was a smaller guy, I could have driven it. Question: How tall was Carrol Shelby or Ken Miles? How come they fit and I don't?

Cordially,
Kevin
Tstang429

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Direct Link to This Post
rode in a hemi cuda. I drove a 2005 corvete 6 speed
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Me driving an IndyCar at Homestead Miami Speedway... there is a typo at the begining. top speed was 150.04MPH not 250.04
http://www.facebook.com/vid....php?v=1194489784459

------------------

Click here for all your Fiberglass part needs

MordacP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MordacPSend a Private Message to MordacPDirect Link to This Post
This is a cool topic, the fastest and most exotic car i have driven would have to be a new corvette grand sport

The test drive guy that went with me actually told me to drive faster, so i floored it in 1st and it took off. So much fun
Intel

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IntelSend a Private Message to IntelDirect Link to This Post
Koenigsegg CCX (Not that exotic because it's manufactured just a couple of miles from where I live)
Aston Martin Vanquish (Drove it about 300 miles)
CAV GT40
2008 Subaru Impreza rally car with a €230,000 price tag (should have worn ear plugs)
Formula 3 car on track (3 laps, and I was exhaused afterwards)

------------------

J. Larsson, Supporting Member, www.tjeena.se

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zigaroo:

A C-17 Globemaster III. Don't know anyone with an exotic, but I figured a giant cargo plane would be outlandish enough.

LOL, Maybe Ive been in the fastest 'exotics' since your picking planes. I flew F4 Phantoms for almost 2 years.......

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock