Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What Do You Think Is The Dream Garage? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
What Do You Think Is The Dream Garage? by merciero
Started on: 02-28-2010 04:47 PM
Replies: 51
Last post by: Philphine on 02-09-2011 10:29 PM
SCCAFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCAFieroSend a Private Message to SCCAFieroDirect Link to This Post
The original poster did not mention what he wanted to do in/with the garage which is really the only thing that matters.

That fancy garage/showroom would be worthless to me as it would get trashed the first time I used a floor jack or had to do some body work on the race car or other project.

You are doing the best thing by thinking about it and asking but you need to elaborate what you want. For a do it yourself shop and not a fancy parking lot I would like:

A sealed off bay where I could do body and paint work without getting the rest of the shop dirty. Floor drain mandatory.

A separate machine shop room with the drill press, band saw, welder (Don't forget to add 220 volt welder outlets accessible to the work bays and bench area) presses etc. Big enough for the tools as well as extra room to build and engine trans etc. Large heavy duty work bench. This room works really well if you only want to heat a room you are working in instead of the whole garage you are not in.

A central location for the machine room where you don't have to walk across 3 bays to get a wrench. Even a roller tool box won't have everything you need for some projects. Make sure you can wheel a box around in between the working bays.

Dedicated storage areas for large tools. Floor jacks, stands, welders, porta-powers etc.

A 4 post lift because I don't like the fact you can't fully open the doors on a 2 post and work on the inside of the car, under the dash, steering racks, brake boosters, wiring etc.

Overhead storage would be automatic over the dirty booth and machine shop areas with a high ceiling.

Post what you want to do and then we can provide more ideas.

Is anyone like a spouse going to park in it? Do you need to park lawn equipment in it. Are you limited by nearby neighbors and have noise issues. How many people may be there at one time to work on a project. etc.
IP: Logged
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

It would look a lot like this

I would prefer function over fashion. That garage wouldent really do it for me because you cant do anything in it... No lifts no jack stands just marble floors and a bar.
khw's garage would be my dream garage.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 02-06-2011).]

Boni

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoniClick Here to visit Boni's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoniDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I prefer function too, not "palace with some cars", but "garage with some cars". I need double space for cars, triple space for parts at the moment (now I have one car under roof, and place for two is occupied by parts and stuff...). And I wish any pro jack, column or scissor type, and pro MIG/TIG welding stuff. And any medium press with bending options (pipes, exhausts). And somebody who clean all this stuff every second day

------------------
Fiero 1985 notch 2.5 automatic
http://boni.smutek.pl/auto

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

It would look a lot like this

Although it's pretty, that's a show room, not a shop.

------------------
Ron

Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

Really. How about some pictures?

Rodney

Still waiting. I have seen you post some pictures so I know you know how to do that. If you can't post them send them to me and I will post them. 8000 square feet. Wow. You can work on airplanes in that much space!! Must be quite the shop.

Rodney
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

My work in progress:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/076686.html

Working on a lift and a larger beverage cooler . Dang groceries.

Currently all four Fieros are inside for the winter. I would have room for more, but the wife insists on a spot for her car. Not going to push it since she is so understanding about the Fiero thing.
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 04:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
Well...if we're talking about dream shops here...mine would be like the t.a.r.d.i.s...i'd also have buckets of money =)

------------------
"Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle %@&$ off a horse."

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Reading this thread made me drool and forget my name.
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mera7:

my 80 ft x100 ft with 14ft walls is pretty cool. fully equipped with 4 lifts, 2 bridgeport mills, 3 atlas lathes, 4 industrial drill presses, 2 50ton hydraulic presses, half mil or so in shop tools. heated in the winter, cooled in the summer, i like it. dont have heated floors though lol mike in oklahoma

Would love to see some pictures please.

Rodney
mera7

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-09-2011 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
rodney... i am completely amused that you find the need to STALK me in every thread i have ever posted in here on pff. the time you have spent hijacking other peoples threads just to try to harass me. the time you have spent googling me, googling my companies, the time researching all the threads i have posted in here on pff. dont you have better things to do with your time and life? as you have noticed i have ignored you. i will continue to do so. this is the only response you will get from me as i dont really care what you think or say or the rumors you may try to start about me or my companies. as far as pics of my engines, monster trucks, sema pics, mera pics and whatever else you have asked/badgered about in the last week here on pff... other upstanding members here on pff have these pics you ask of and proof and will vouch for me. so you just seem to be making a fool of yourself for everyone else to see. actually several of us here have been watching you and laughing at you in pm's. i wont answer your questions, i wont put up pics to your responses, and i wont dignify your stupid remarks. you need to stop hijacking other people threads here on pff. dont trudge up this thread either. leave well enough alone if you dont have something positive to say. again i dont care what you say or think. dont waste other peoples time here on pff. mike
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
My dream garage... Can't find the pics to post all that i've seen so far but... Drive to NJ to Bmwguru's shop, take all the German crap out and stuff with fiero's. Done! Would probably just look around at everything and faint! Maybe keel over with a heart attack if i owned even half of it.

Dave: Man you shop is my dream. had to post it.
PFF
System Bot
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i actually have my dream garage, or at least the shell of it. i just have a small house, but a previous owner had an rv and built a huge garage behind the house to hold it, plus a bay on the other side. at 30'x40', it's set up now as a three car garage with a shop like area in the back of one side. plus it has a loft with almost the same footprint over it. but it's not wired for electricity, so i have that stumbling block before i can really try to make it a dream garage.

here's a garage forum. i don't go there often (in fact i never got around to joining. it's an offshoot of a diy home forum i go to), but it's kind of interesting for ideas and whatnot.

http://www.garageretreat.com/forums/index.php

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock