Side Scoops by Hockaday
Started on: 12-31-2009 06:07 AM
Replies: 55
Last post by: bjc 350 on 01-20-2011 08:39 PM
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2009 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
Looking for all and any side scoop ( installed ) pictures.

While searching through the forum and achives for pics, I only found one thread that had any mention of the '' full panel side scoop '' but unfortunatly upon clicking the links it gave they no longer connected to said pages.

Later today I will try and post pics i have found, been up fo 24 hours...time to sleep
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2009 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
These are the original "Pontiac Designed" scoops that never made it into production. Aftermarket picked up the molds and produced for a while, then stopped. I believe that someone is currently a "knock off" of this design, and they may post in this thread.

------------------

Car History: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

3800GMCC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2009 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800GMCCSend a Private Message to 3800GMCCDirect Link to This Post
Scoops I got from JimmyS ----- Fiero Fiberglass ----- still need painitng and the screens installed

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2009 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Aus Stage 2's:

sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2009 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetDirect Link to This Post
I saw these on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...me=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Could be grafted into the existing panels.
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2009 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

These are the original "Pontiac Designed" scoops that never made it into production. Aftermarket picked up the molds and produced for a while, then stopped. I believe that someone is currently a "knock off" of this design, and they may post in this thread.

yes i saw someone else with those...would love more info.

P.S. you guys are by FAR the nicest car community I have seen, the Z31 community was a lage reason why I left it and came to fieros.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2009 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post
I have the Stage II scoops like Yellow stone but i don't know if they are available anymore.. I keep my GT molding so I changed the lines of the scoops a bit.

mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2009 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Would you be willing to pass on who it is if you know? I would like to have these scoops for my car, as they look more functional than many of the ones I've seen.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 12-31-2009).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2009 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/050024.html

I have the same scoops on my car and they really help keep the car cool.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2009 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post
mptighe.... Fierowarehouse has a similar set

Full panel side scoops

http://www.fierowarehouse.com/
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2009 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
double post

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 12-31-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2009 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post

qwikgta

4659 posts
Member since Jan 2001
sage fiberglass. bought about 4 years ago.

Rob

------------------

88 Coupe, TTOP, 3.4 DOHC and a GT clip

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2010 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Would you be willing to pass on who it is if you know? I would like to have these scoops for my car, as they look more functional than many of the ones I've seen.

Hockaday and mptighe, I purchased these side scoops for my 87 & 88 more than 10 years ago for FOCOA, no longer in business. The ones posted above from both FieroWareHouse and Sage Fiberglas are the "closest" that I've seen to the scoops on my cars. The only noticeable difference I see, is that the scoop bulge continues just a little more rearward to wheel opening on their parts. If these are the original molds, they could have been re-worked a little, creating the difference I see. Here's a couple photo's to show rear bulge feathers back to normal surface about 2 inches before wheel opening lip on both my cars:

You could contact both of them to confirm, another thing you should be aware of is that fiberglas parts can easily warp if pulled from the mold too soon, or are stored/packaged without proper support. I had one part that had to be returned because there was no way it would fit correctly on the car, so have them check part for fit before shipping to you.

Hope this helps.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2010 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2010 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I posted there and sent him an email. I like the idea of having the plastic ones that are similar to the body panels though. Since I have 0 experience with fiberglass, I'm a little skittish. Either way I really like how the side scoops look, and it will work well for my cold air intake I'm having put in.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2010 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post
They work nicely

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2010 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by unboundmo:

They work nicely

Nice, what setup do you have in that car (if it's yours in the pic)?

IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2010 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post

I have the Stage II scoops like Yellow stone but i don't know if they are available anymore.. I keep my GT molding so I changed the lines of the scoops a bit.

Don't mean to highjack or change the subject but what kind of wheels, size, manfacture, etc.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2010 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Yeah I posted there and sent him an email. I like the idea of having the plastic ones that are similar to the body panels though. Since I have 0 experience with fiberglass, I'm a little skittish. Either way I really like how the side scoops look, and it will work well for my cold air intake I'm having put in.

The fiberglass panels were easy to work with (very little work to do on them) and have held up great on the cars. Relocating the air filter out and behind the scoop opening creates a very nice engine air sucking noise when you jump on it. My yellow '88 you can see I went through the deck lid with the SBC, the sound it makes is just awesome !!!
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2010 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
These are the side scoops that I sell.

On my car...

On Randye's car...

I also sell some other styles. Just follow the link in my sig.

I am having some site problems at the moment but if you see something you like just send me an email and I can send you pics.

------------------

Click here for all your Fiberglass part needs

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 01-01-2010).]

TEXASGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
User Banned

Report this Post01-01-2010 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TEXASGTSend a Private Message to TEXASGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Aus Stage 2's:

By far the best looking scoops hands down! Looks up to date a freaking sexy!

Nice car too
PFF
System Bot
soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2010 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupDirect Link to This Post
I have some sort of done pictures of my car in my build thread.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/078973.html

I also replaced my sail panels with scoops, and I have AUS style scoops on the rear quarters that I should have pictures of soon.(They are custom on-offs done by my brother)

[This message has been edited by soup (edited 01-01-2010).]

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2010 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
I would like to have (actually copy) Madcurls design his chop top I just think he did a terrific and artistic rendition

Cordially,
Kevin
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2010 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post
IIKool and mptighe... The wheels are 18" all around.. www.Forgeline.com and they are a 3 piece forged aluminum with anodized gold spokes to mimic they original gold web. custom offsets to fit the 88 and a deeper dish setup for the back

The setup I think your asking is for the susspension and brakes? It all HTMotorsports ( Held ) http://www.westshorefabricators.com/

The air intake now is actually the fiero store's V6 tube from the manifold and then I added the Autozone civic universal tube to reach outside into the scoop area. The picture shown had the stock air box on for smog purposes. I eliminated the silencer and added the 6" tube.. Again from autozone.. Honestly with the stock air box- it does restrict airflow. I definitely like the setup now.

Sorry to jack the scoop thread...

To be honest I like the shape of the stage II scoops. I think they fit the body lines perfectly and accent in the right areas. I like the others too, don't get me wrong, I just love mine
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2010 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:
Looking for all and any side scoop ( installed ) pictures.

While searching through the forum and archives for pics, I only found one thread that had any mention of the '' full panel side scoop '' but unfortunately upon clicking the links it gave they no longer connected to said pages.

An archived thread that may be of interest to you is:

"pictures of side scoops-please post yours"
( https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...090219-2-085430.html )

In addition to a picture by Oreif earlier in that thread, which shows a "full panel side scoop" finished in black, there also is a large, close-up picture of a "full panel side scoop" finished in red, first shown about one-third down the first page of that thread.

That thread itself never uses the term, "full panel side scoop," but that is what is pictured in both instances, a "full panel side scoop" from The Fiero Warehouse that was finished in black by one owner, and another that was finished in red by a second owner.

Offered only in white fiberglass, the unfinished "full panel side scoops" of The Fiero Warehouse are characterized by excellent workmanship IMO, even though they're less expensive than similar side scoops offered by The Fiero Store.

Incidentally, that thread also has very practical and useful information on how PFF member, Mike Murphy...
  1. ...installed that Fiero Warehouse side scoop on his car,
  2. ...retained the functionality of the Fiero's cold air induction system (CAI) with it,
  3. ...and was still able to access the air filter easily, just as one would do with the stock Fiero air filter (as opposed to taking apart the driver's side rear fenderwell to change the air filter, as some do because of the manner in which they've chosen to retain a functional CAI system with their set-ups).
That thread also has several photos on how to accomplish the basics of this modification, accompanied by explanations of what each of those photos signify. That could be helpful to you on a similar project, given that I found it helpful for successfully installing my own CAI-functional, "full panel side scoop" that I sourced from The Fiero Warehouse ( http://fierowarehouse.com ).

F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2010 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Mine are similar to the above ones but I made them deeper and made the top line strait and not curve down like the stage 2 ones.

falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2010 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post
Mines are FieroWharehouse ribbed IMSA quarter paneels.

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

4.9 ongoing project

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2010 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

God I love your car!

Sorry, back to the original topic...
sprage60

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2010 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sprage60Send a Private Message to sprage60Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

These are the side scoops that I sell.

On my car...

On Randye's car...

I also sell some other styles. Just follow the link in my sig.

I am having some site problems at the moment but if you see something you like just send me an email and I can send you pics.

you say you sell them? how much im intrested

------------------
87 2.5 fiero

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2010 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post
"Open" IMSA Quarter Panels from The Fiero Warehouse

------------------

______'86 GT_____'71 GTO_____'70 GP____________ALL_AMERICAN!_____

Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2010 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Here's my DIY very fnctional side scoops

------------------
[IMG]

trueleo.com
RSpiderII@aol.com

PFF
System Bot
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2010 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Direct Link to This Post
There is a set on EBay just posted for sale. Made from factory 1/4's making them much easier to install than stage 2 or other molded types, since the locating and fastener holes are all original. I'm not computer literate, so can't post a link for you.
Earl-R

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2010 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Earl-RSend a Private Message to Earl-RDirect Link to This Post
Urethane Meecham Scoops

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Nice car & style choices! (Aus Stage 2 w/factory Aero Trim)

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Didn't want to start a new thread asking somewhat the same question so... Anybody have anything different? Maybe some pics of the "ribbed" IMSA's installed?
Like these? (hoping for a red one with them installed :fingers crossed: )
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Direct Link to This Post
I make these from factory panels. They have been revised slightly since this picture was taken. They are now about 1 1/4" wider at the wheel arch opening than is shown here. It makes it easier to install cold air intakes that way, but I do have cold air installed on my 85 GT with this type shown. I like the factory panels because all the mounting holes are already there. I bought a set of AUS scoops when he was making them, and it was a little scary to have to do the mounting holes from scratch. A friend, whose car these are shown on, markets these on ebay . He provides the 1/4's, I make the scoop, he does the leg work and shipping. We will have more available in the spring, right now I am too busy on my Fiero's to make any.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sprage60:

you say you sell them? how much im intrested

They are $250 + shipping. You can purchase them here... http://www.fierofiberglass....ages/SideScoops.html
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Those are cool but still looking for the other ones.
paulcal

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

Didn't want to start a new thread asking somewhat the same question so... Anybody have anything different? Maybe some pics of the "ribbed" IMSA's installed?
Like these? (hoping for a red one with them installed :fingers crossed: )

Like these Aus Fieros Stage III's?

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
yeah... that's them... but i don't think he sells them anymore.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock