Laura and fiero's in Latvia by MAD_DOG_LV
Started on: 09-27-2009 04:43 PM
Replies: 130
Last post by: exoticse on 11-15-2011 11:21 AM
MAD_DOG_LV

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2009 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAD_DOG_LVSend a Private Message to MAD_DOG_LVDirect Link to This Post
I begin this story with some historical narrative. It all began in 1996, when Latvian exotic car exhibition was displayed the Baltic Latvian Dzips car Laura.
She showed a high resonance: video local television, in a special booth in the exhibition, etc..

There we also saw, and it's all started. We (Juris Stju, his brother John JanisV and I)

In 1997, Juris buys first Fiero, a red 86 Sport Coupe with the Iron Duke and the A/T. This car is obtained nicknamed Frog, because of their ugly front bumper and headlamps, after couple of months, it is understood that this car is a specific and pleasant, but with insufficient capacity. is sold, a couple of months later it finds a black 86 year se with the V6, and (unfortunately) A/T. To that nickname was Black. Black lower part of the gray. Original 14 alloy wheels, 215/60 tires on (as I remember) and aux gauges. Sunroof, cruise control, power windows, power door lock. almost everything, including a rear spoiler. Compared with the Frog, this car was fast. After a few months, a project was launched, already at that time seemed to me impossible. Cut off roof and started work on the superstructure of view of visual changes: extended arches, front and rear spoiler, was converted dash. Black, although the rebuilding phase has been shown in the same exhibition, where a few years ago was Laura. Just months after the exhibition, Black project was forgotten, and that it remained unfinished and went to scrap.
Then there was a red Sport Coupe 84 on the 4 speed machine, which shortly after the acquisition was sold.
Germany were found on White 85 GT with automatic transmission, perfect condition, but with a dead engine. This car was called up for White. White was the engine of the Black and the year this car was used until the engine bearing failed. was sold, is still awaiting restoration.
Then had a couple of years break, over which time we learned that Laura has remained Latvian. We was hunting Laura for several years. Laura finally came to us.
After a year it was bought in the donor parts. 85 On Sport Coupe Red in color with small engine and motor box. It was named for Rūdis, (Rudolph)
For the moment, we stayed only two: me and JanisV, as Juris Stju have gone to Australia
Our arsenal is as follows: Laura Small Block and 328 GTB with v6 Muncie 4 speed.
Sorry for errors, I used Google translator.
PS Pictures will be added later. will try to tell you in detail our fiero adventures in Latvia
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MAD_DOG_LV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2009 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAD_DOG_LVSend a Private Message to MAD_DOG_LVDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by MAD_DOG_LV (edited 09-27-2009).]

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2009 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Really looking forward to seing more of the cars and hearing more about them. Here in Germany we love our Fieros also and would like to have you come for a visit sometime.

------------------
Fiero1Fan

Fieros Europe

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2009 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Thank you for the history of the Laura...Just when I think I have heard it all something comes along and makes it interesting again. Please post any pictures if you have them. If you need help posting send me a PM and I will send you my email address and I'll post them.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2009 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Great to hear that we have Fieros in your part of the world. On this forum, we've only heard from a few folks in Eastern Europe.
What is the history of the Pirannah/Fiero reboby that you show pictures of? I am under the impressions that only one or two of these cars exist.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Janisv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2009 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JanisvSend a Private Message to JanisvDirect Link to This Post
Hi, here are some pics or our LAURA.

These pictures are made in last year.

------------------
Thanks,
Janis.

FIERO LAURA
Archie V8 kit
Chevy Small Block

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2009 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

What is the history of the Pirannah/Fiero reboby that you show pictures of? I am under the impressions that only one or two of these cars exist.

I'm curious to know the connection as well. Alex never got the chance to explain, but as best I understand it the Piranha/Plazma and the Laura have a common ancestor. They may have started out the same, but one came to the US and continued to evolve. I believe there are pictures of the Piranha in the US taken many years ago with a similar whale tail.
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for this thread. I personally believe that the Laura/Pirhanna.Plazma is one of the most important developments in the Fiero aftermarket community. I also strongly believe that it is the only Fiero kit that looks better than the stock GT. If this kit was ever really available, I'd have to try to buy another Fiero and make it happen.

Flamberge
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

If it had a similar whale tail he changed it at some point.
MAD_DOG_LV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAD_DOG_LVSend a Private Message to MAD_DOG_LVDirect Link to This Post
As I undestend : first was Laura. then piranhja and then piranhja modifeid to Plasma. Laura was show''d in easter europe. Alex when go to Usa, takes with him body parts and makes in usa Plasma. So IMHO in world are only two laura/piranha/plasma.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MAD_DOG_LV:

As I undestend : first was Laura. then piranhja and then piranhja modifeid to Plasma. Laura was show''d in easter europe. Alex when go to Usa, takes with him body parts and makes in usa Plasma. So IMHO in world are only two laura/piranha/plasma.

Thank you. It is a very nice looking rebody. It would be nice if there were more than just the two. And we do not know what happened to the Plazma.
PFF
System Bot
MAD_DOG_LV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAD_DOG_LVSend a Private Message to MAD_DOG_LVDirect Link to This Post
And most interesting thing is thet: when Laura was debuted in latvia 1996, that was show as Latvia made car by Latvijas Dzips.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
You have there a truely beautiful car. How stabile is the whale-tail when driving?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

If it had a similar whale tail he changed it at some point.

I believe this is a picture of Alex's car before he converted it to the Plazma

Yes in 1997, Alex's car was seen at Carlisle, PA as the Piranha

https://www.fiero.nl/uploads...anha_LR3Qtr_View.JPG

Notice Alex's last name on the steering wheel, (I never noticed that until right now)

https://www.fiero.nl/uploads...Console_And_Dash.JPG

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 09-28-2009).]

MAD_DOG_LV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAD_DOG_LVSend a Private Message to MAD_DOG_LVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Thank you. It is a very nice looking rebody. It would be nice if there were more than just the two. And we do not know what happened to the Plazma.

When we take off roof line side molding theare was many colors first was silver, then yelow, red and finaly white.

MAD_DOG_LV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAD_DOG_LVSend a Private Message to MAD_DOG_LVDirect Link to This Post

MAD_DOG_LV

102 posts
Member since Sep 2009

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

You have there a truely beautiful car. How stabile is the whale-tail when driving?

omfg - on speed below 55 mph its vibrate and have crack

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

omfg - on speed below 55 mph its vibrate and have crack

That is what I was afraid of. That is probably why he changed the design for the Plasma to a 2 foot wing.
MAD_DOG_LV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAD_DOG_LVSend a Private Message to MAD_DOG_LVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

That is what I was afraid of. That is probably why he changed the design for the Plasma to a 2 foot wing.

we take off that wale tail. and planning to stay with smooth look.

for more fun fotos with wales tail http://www.motopower.lv/mem...lery.php?gal_id=4589
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
you have a PM.
BazookaFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaFieroSend a Private Message to BazookaFieroDirect Link to This Post
I love the whale tail on the suburban, looks like one of the giant jets with the radio dish on top

Must say, BEAUTIFUL car, simply gorgeous. Definitely one of my favorite Fieros of all time

Dave

------------------
BAZOOKAFIERO's Junk

"You giveth, I taketh away"

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
What ever happened to the molds (kit)?
PFF
System Bot
MAD_DOG_LV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAD_DOG_LVSend a Private Message to MAD_DOG_LVDirect Link to This Post
In this moment we working on engine and suspension, brakes. body and interior will be next. But belive me - conditon is very poor becouse all that time from 1996 car was drived only 3000 miles, all time was living in services with common fiero electrical problems. interior must change, color are fade- lokks like orange , but was red.
MAD_DOG_LV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 05:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAD_DOG_LVSend a Private Message to MAD_DOG_LVDirect Link to This Post

MAD_DOG_LV

102 posts
Member since Sep 2009

[IMG]hhttp://www.combat.spb.ru/assets/images/laura_3_5.jpg[/IMG]

As i undestend black is a bulk, rooling chasis with iron duke

Janisv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JanisvSend a Private Message to JanisvDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

The whale-tail when driving is vary unstable. It weight more than 10 kg (22 lbs) That is why we took him off.
Here is some pics without it

Now it looks better..

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Janisv you have a PM.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 09-28-2009).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Good to see more of the Laura/Piranha/Plazma story...

When we take off roof line side molding theare was many colors first was silver, then yelow, red and finaly white.

There is a nice video when it was yellow..

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
It definitely looks better without the wing!
Jurai

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-28-2009 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JuraiSend a Private Message to JuraiDirect Link to This Post
would that front bumper fit a stock 1986 gt? where can i buy one?

[This message has been edited by Jurai (edited 09-28-2009).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jurai:

would that front bumper fit a stock 1986 gt? where can i buy one?

It would take some modding to make it fit, it's a rebody so I don't think any of the stock panels are used.

Buying one probably not gonna happen. I don't even know if anyone knows where the molds are anymore. Sadly the person who had the Pirrahna which he changed into the Plazma here in the states passed away . I love the way this rebody looks though.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 09-28-2009).]

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post

Just something I noticed while looking through the other pics with whale tails. A confederate flag? =p

But yeah, it's nice to hear more about this kit. I love it without the whale tail.
Jurai

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-28-2009 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JuraiSend a Private Message to JuraiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

Just something I noticed while looking through the other pics with whale tails. A confederate flag? =p

But yeah, it's nice to hear more about this kit. I love it without the whale tail.

there 100 of them around here......
PFF
System Bot
Jurai

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-28-2009 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JuraiSend a Private Message to JuraiDirect Link to This Post

Jurai

126 posts
Member since Sep 2009

Originally posted by Khw:

It would take some modding to make it fit, it's a rebody so I don't think any of the stock panels are used.

Buying one probably not gonna happen. I don't even know if anyone knows where the molds are anymore. Sadly the person who had the Pirrahna which he changed into the Plazma here in the states passed away . I love the way this rebody looks though.

the guy sitting in the blue car? http://www.2bluesc.com/pict...ht_plazma_021s_1.jpg

what happen to him? what happen to the car?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

the guy sitting in the blue car? http://www.2bluesc.com/pict...ht_plazma_021s_1.jpg

what happen to him? what happen to the car?

Alexandre Koulygine, and his Plazma...unfortunately he was killed in a motorcycle accident.

The Dream is over...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060206-1-047971.html
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
If there was ANY way to get molds made of that rebody, I guarantee you they would sell. Hell I can already guess Curly would start yet another build thread based on it (if he hasn't offered to buy yours yet). The pictures of the Plazma were a deciding factor in getting me off the bench and making me go out and finally find a Fiero. That and Curly's car(s).
Jurai

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-29-2009 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JuraiSend a Private Message to JuraiDirect Link to This Post
so where is the car now???

[This message has been edited by Jurai (edited 09-29-2009).]

Janisv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JanisvSend a Private Message to JanisvDirect Link to This Post
The red one is in Latvia
MAD_DOG_LV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAD_DOG_LVSend a Private Message to MAD_DOG_LVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Janisv:

The red one is in Latvia

black is missing in russia or crashed or in junk yard
chrismclubm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post
if only the fiero was built like that from the start, kind of looks like a honda del sol.

------------------
1986 GT Fiero Owner & Enthusiast
For Fiero updates, visit my site http://educatorstop15.com/fieropage.htm

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

so where is the car now???

Last I knew the Blue Plazma was in New York, but I also heard a rumor it was spotted in Florida. No one knows for sure where it is as we have no way of contacting Alex's family.
Jurai

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-29-2009 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JuraiSend a Private Message to JuraiDirect Link to This Post
he had a wife and a kid ? the mother may have it stored somewhere... till the kid grows up........

there no one on this forum that can copy that bumper by just looking at it??? i seen artist do weird stuff like that...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock