Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  How many miles on your running duke / tech 4 ? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
How many miles on your running duke / tech 4 ? by 2.5
Started on: 12-23-2008 04:47 PM
Replies: 107
Last post by: Bstrickler934 on 03-07-2012 12:47 PM
Dash

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2008 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DashSend a Private Message to DashDirect Link to This Post
my duke had 101,777 on it when i bought it
lucky, right?
had 104,534 when i put her into storage for the winter.
nothing but regular maintenance done to her.
come spring she's gettin a fresh tuneup and oil change.
IP: Logged
ED77KATR

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Thats crazy, have any pictures to share?

Pics were posted here on a thread a few years back, I dont know how to post them but can email them to someone who can paste them up here. Ed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Sure I just sent you a private message.
Curlrup

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupDirect Link to This Post
110,865 on mine. It is an 86, when I bought it it had 97,000 on it and barely made the drive home. Now she gets me to work every day, like Pumpkin 35 mile commute round trip and no complaints. She is still a little rough around the edges but I still love her.
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ED77KATR:
Pics were posted here on a thread a few years back, I dont know how to post them but can email them to someone who can paste them up here. Ed

Here's the one Ed sent me. Had to shrink it a bit to post it. Is this a gold Fiero with a Grey interior? Odd combination from the factory.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Looks like a white exterior to me!

That must be plastic on the floor?

So the front speaker grilles were blue from the factory....

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 12-29-2008).]

Joe 1320

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroBrad87:

I am not calling anyone a liar but I am seriously suspicious that any duke could go 100K, let alone 200K without needing a cylinder head. I suppose it's possible with a very conscientious owner. I'm not even going to talk about quad 4s. lol

I'm on my second timing set with 198K miles, still the same head.

------------------
Competition Yellow 84 2.5 Bone stock right down to electrical gremlins and an 87 328 replica.

ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

Here's the one Ed sent me. Had to shrink it a bit to post it. Is this a gold Fiero with a Grey interior? Odd combination from the factory.

No its a white car with gray interior. car is just very dusty sitting in garage. i will try to send another pic to post. If you look close you can read odometer. The plastic on floor says "Dealer must remove" Thanks Ed

[This message has been edited by ED77KATR (edited 12-29-2008).]

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Ahhh....white car. That makes more sense. Here's the next pic.

pacethis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2008 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pacethisSend a Private Message to pacethisDirect Link to This Post
My tech 4 is nearly at 5800 miles, and runs great! (84 Indy)
ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2008 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to all for posting pics of my 79 actual mile 1987 Fiero. It was delivered new to a car dealer in St Paul Minnesota in 1987. Car was damaged in transit. Branded then by GM as a non sellable car. SAT 15 years in Wilmar, Minnesota before being sold as a abandoned auto. Thats where I got it. Im preserving it as-is. i have more pics on the way. Ed
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2008 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
"Damaged" is that the dark spots by the headlights?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2008 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
A pic of ED77KATR's low mile engine bay, click the icon.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 12-30-2008).]

Dash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2008 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DashSend a Private Message to DashDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

Ahhh....white car. That makes more sense. Here's the next pic.

how does one acquire a bumper like that one?
im torn between that or the GT bumper on my 84...

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2008 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post12-31-2008 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
What's wrong with the hood? I had a '88 GT with 34,000 miles and it was better taken care of than that car. Everything's dirty, the engine is a little rusty, there's something wrong with the hood, the sail panel is missing the Pontiac arrowhead, etc.

------------------

ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2008 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tinton:

What's wrong with the hood? I had a '88 GT with 34,000 miles and it was better taken care of than that car. Everything's dirty, the engine is a little rusty, there's something wrong with the hood, the sail panel is missing the Pontiac arrowhead, etc.

The car was parked in a outdoor parking garage&SAT 15 years was very dirty when i got it. The damage to the car new was the Hood &rear deck was cracked. A brand new car cannot be sold if its damaged before delivery.Even minor damage is a NO NO!!! Most cars are scrapped or sold as salvage. Depends on what manufacturer wants done with them. Most cant be titled. This car was damaged at dealership before sale. GM cast it off back then. rest is history LOL 22 years later it still is a new car. I believe its the lowest mileage 1987 Fiero on Earth. I know a bunch of 88s are low mileage also. im just preserving it as new[with few flaws] Still has window sticker on it&factory chalk marks on tires. [i try to get more pics] Thanks Ed

ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
Some damaged new cars are scrapped....early in 2008 Mazda crushed 4703 brand new never driven 2007 cars because they sat on a ship on the high seas for 6 months, factory said salt air "may??" have damaged them. insurance paid millions then with a car crusher working overtime it took a month to crush all of them. I guess thats one way to sell cars in a bad market?? At least my Fiero survived! Mazda refused to donate any of them. I can email story&video if someone can post it. Those cheaply made Mazdas actually were rusting after 6 months.
joeveto

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joevetoSend a Private Message to joevetoDirect Link to This Post

Mazda refused to donate any of them. I can email story&video if someone can post it. Those cheaply made Mazdas actually were rusting after 6 months.

The story is true, but I have to challenge the comment about cheaply made Mazda's.

In my garage, next to my Fiero, is our 2001 Miata and our 2008 CX-7. Before this Fiero, I had a 1990 Miata with 156000 that was as trouble-free as they come.

I love my Fiero, and as this post proves, they can be very long running. But Mazda's are also awesome cars.

That Mazda sent those cars to the crusher attests to their integrity. They feared (rightfully so) that cars that were sitting on a freighter, practically on it's side, exposed to 6 months of salt water, would compromise the integrity of the cars, and therefore, the parts. If they allowed any of the cars to go to the public, either through donation to a school or otherwise, they risked having some unscrupulous individual selling the parts as new. This could jeopardize Mazda's reputation.

I cringed at the thought of all those new Mazda's going to the crusher. But I also understand why they did it. Regardless, Mazda's are quality vehicles.

------------------
Spent my days with a woman unkind Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine...

[This message has been edited by joeveto (edited 01-03-2009).]

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
170,000 it burns a little oil through blow by, but I lose most of my oil through seals. The crank and cam seal is where I am losing the most. About a quart every 3000 miles. Not too bad. I am not complaining. iI will drive it until it stops. I have another Duke in the man cave that I will start rebuilding and hopfully it will be done before the one in the car craps out.

Jim
currie68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for currie68Send a Private Message to currie68Direct Link to This Post
You would be suprised how many cars are damaged and repaired.
I use to deliver parts to the ports all the time.
I once asked about the new cars with damage and how they could
be repaired and still sold as new. they said because they were not sold
yet so the federal law allowed them to repair them and sell as new.
they did not have to report it to anyone.
PFF
System Bot
ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2009 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
My fiero still has only 79 actual miles on it[000079.9] but today I saw a Gold 86 fiero rotting away in a feild with 346,000 miles on it. Dont know if it was a duke.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2009 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
You all have it good.......Damn 2.8's
Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2009 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyDirect Link to This Post
104k and runs great.
Ditkaphile

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2009 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DitkaphileSend a Private Message to DitkaphileDirect Link to This Post

My 1987 Duke only has 79 actual miles on it....YES 000079.9 odometer reads. Still has factory oil filter on it...Ive owned it for 6 years never heard it run. Im preserving it as factory delivered,,[still has window sticker on it and plastic on interior. I know cars are meant to be driven,but at least one Fiero will always be NEW!!! Ed

Post some pics!!! Oh wait...guess i should have scrolled a little further down!

[This message has been edited by Ditkaphile (edited 08-31-2009).]

Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2009 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post
My 86 had 101K when it developed a rod knock. My son was driving it and ran it low on oil.
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2009 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
My 88 Duke had 203,000+ on it when the oil pump/balnce shaft assembly finally gave up. Still had good compression, though. Replaced it with a Grooms remanufactured engine. Hope I can get another 200k out of it.

------------------
Lowcountry Fiero
South Carolina Fiero Club

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2009 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post

Rick Mahoney's coupe..500,000+
CaravanBill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2009 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CaravanBillSend a Private Message to CaravanBillDirect Link to This Post

Some damaged new cars are scrapped....early in 2008 Mazda crushed 4703 brand new never driven 2007 cars because they sat on a ship on the high seas for 6 months, factory said salt air "may??" have damaged them. insurance paid millions then with a car crusher working overtime it took a month to crush all of them. I guess thats one way to sell cars in a bad market?? At least my Fiero survived! Mazda refused to donate any of them. I can email story&video if someone can post it. Those cheaply made Mazdas actually were rusting after 6 months.

Here is a great story about the rescue of the ship carrying those 4,703 Mazdas that were eventually crushed and shredded:

http://www.wired.com/scienc...boys?currentPage=all

Skip to the bottom to read about the crushing part, but the actual story is riveting. One guy died during the salvage mission. BTW, I had a Mazda3 and currently own a Mazda5 microvan and I will never say anything bad about Mazda...they are great cars!
JohnF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2009 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroBrad87:

I am seriously suspicious that any duke could go 100K,

HUH? I bought my '88 duke w/auto trans new 189K ago in Dec 1987. It has NEVER had the engine opened for any reason and runs like a new car still. BTW - It will go at least 100 mph if it is given time to wind the rubber band a few extra turns. Somewhere around here I have a pix of the speedo with the needle starting upward while trying to catch up with the Ruckus crowd in east Texas couple of years ago. One of our pseudo mathematicians calculated it was going just under 105 mph.

ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2009 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone else here have a no or very low mile Fiero?
PFF
System Bot
AWDimprezaL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AWDimprezaLSend a Private Message to AWDimprezaLDirect Link to This Post
Granted Ive only had mine 2 weeks, but it has 134K and it runs great, uses a bit of oil, but oh well, I keep it full.
ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2009 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
Recently spotted a 1988 white fiero with 900 original miles..was auctioned by RM
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2009 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85GT3.4Track4spdCar:

How about our ''84 with 13,000 ?

Gotcha beat, 10,210.
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2009 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
Thanks ED for bumping this for me. You sure have an interesting car there. How did you come about buy it? Is it a salvage tite?

BTW- Good luck on your new DeLorean project, it looks as if you have good taste in cars.

------------------

ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

Rick Mahoney's coupe..500,000+

Is this car still on the Road?? if so how about a latest mileage count?
crazyinkc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-02-2010 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazyinkcSend a Private Message to crazyinkcDirect Link to This Post
171k.

------------------
C'mon you know my 4cylinder is Pimp. Just admit it. You'd own it.

GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post
246K +. Running strong n
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
about to hit 180k. Can't wait to get rid of the engine lol.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
56k on the 86 coupe (The Special)
152k on the Indy

My old 86 SE had 156,000 on it.. car rotted but the motor was running great, the engine is now in another pff member's car.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock